Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legitmate Rape?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Legitmate Rape? Empty Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 8:10 am

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/19/13365269-missouri-republican-legitimate-rape-rarely-causes-pregnancy?lite

2Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 9:13 am

Lurch wrote:http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/19/13365269-missouri-republican-legitimate-rape-rarely-causes-pregnancy?lite

Here you go.....HE's an IDIOT!....The (R) behind his name is not a free pass for stupidity...Todd should do the right thing and step aside...And this is another example of the hypocrisy...there's no spin and no defense for this interview and lack of thoughts...

3Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 1:59 pm

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/20/13375461-first-thoughts-akin-it-worse?lite

4Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 2:29 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
"Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin’s statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," said Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul.

Well, I'm wondering how this latest statement from Ms. Saul will be received by the far right wing of the far right party?

The party that says it stands for keeping the government out of our personal lives just loves to intrude on the lives of women via their extreme anti-abortion policies. Will their Limbaugh led voters agree with exempting the victims of rape (legitimate or not) from the strict antiabortion stance?

5Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 3:13 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
It was just a few days ago that this same spokesperson for the RR campaign seemed to endorse former governor Romney's Mass healthcare reform in that state. I wonder if the campaign is going to have to clean up after this comment by Saul too?

6Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 4:33 pm

[quote="othershoe1030"]"Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin’s statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," said Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul.

Well, I'm wondering how this latest statement from Ms. Saul will be received by the far right wing of the far right party?

The party that says it stands for keeping the government out of our personal lives just loves to intrude on the lives of women via their extreme anti-abortion policies. isWill their Limbaugh led voters agree with exempting the victims of rapreate (eylegitimate or not) from the strict antiabortion stance?
[/d quote]
This is a great example of the hypocrisy/stupidity....When someone linked to the campaign of the COWH made an idiotic statement about Mrs Romney and the COWH/Campaign distanced after a furor in the media/polls...we were expected to simply move on no questions....Now with these idiotic statements by a republican that should step aside the COWH campaign is immediately attempting to link Romney to these statements even though his campaign immediately disapproved without a poll or furor in the media...This is the media and the campaign of the COWH being in the gutter...You got a problem with Limbaugh...let him express his opinions over the remarks and he's not the party leader and was/is lukewarm towards Romney so that should even make liberals happy...If Limbaugh or anyone else agrees with Rep Todd....then they are also IDIOTS....Plain enough?

7Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 6:38 pm

NaNook

NaNook
othershoe1030 wrote:"Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin’s statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," said Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul.

The party that says it stands for keeping the government out of our personal lives just loves to intrude on the lives of women via their extreme anti-abortion policies. Will their Limbaugh led voters agree with exempting the victims of rape (legitimate or not) from the strict antiabortion stance?

I wonder how a woman who spreads her legs can blame a man for her lack of control over her body. Remember, women want control over their bodies....close your legs..

You want some more?

How many times has Statutary Rape been used to trap MEN???

Down South it was common from 60-70, at least the Child had a DADDY.

8Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 6:47 pm

Sal

Sal
Ron Paul calls it "honest" rape ...

MORGAN: Here's the dilemma, and it's one I put to Rick Santorum very recently. I was surprised by his answer, although I sort of understood from his belief point of view that he would come up with this.

But it's a dilemma that I am going to put to you. You have two daughters. You have many granddaughters. If one of them was raped -- and I accept it's a very unlikely thing to happen. But if they were, would you honestly look at them in the eye and say they had to have that child if they were impregnated?

PAUL: No. If it's an honest rape, that individual should go immediately to the emergency room.

9Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 10:06 pm

Lurch wrote:http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/08/19/13365269-missouri-republican-legitimate-rape-rarely-causes-pregnancy?lite

He has apologized and moved on. Where is Biden's "CHAINS" apology?

10Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/20/2012, 10:09 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
NaNook wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:"Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin’s statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," said Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul.

I wonder how a woman who spreads her legs can blame a man for her lack of control over her body. Remember, women want control over their bodies....close your legs..

You want some more?

Rape is impossible?

11Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/21/2012, 8:53 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Akin's comments reflect his ignorance. Unfortunately he is not the exception among this odd group of new tea party members of congress. These are the people who Carl Gallops would feel very at home with. The doctor who espoused this theory of pregnancy blocking abilities of women who are raped, according to NBC news, was identified as one of Romney's surrogates during his last run for the presidency.

How did the Republican Party get so far off the track? Republicans used to have good ideas and work with Democrats to get things done. Now they are associated with the likes of Rush Limbaugh and this joker. I hope they get their act together, but not until after the 2012 election!

12Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/21/2012, 9:06 pm

NaNook

NaNook
othershoe1030 wrote:Akin's comments reflect his ignorance. Unfortunately he is not the exception among this odd group of new tea party members of congress. These are the people who Carl Gallops would feel very at home with. The doctor who espoused this theory of pregnancy blocking abilities of women who are raped, according to NBC news, was identified as one of Romney's surrogates during his last run for the presidency.

How did the Republican Party get so far off the track? Republicans used to have good ideas and work with Democrats to get things done. Now they are associated with the likes of Rush Limbaugh and this joker. I hope they get their act together, but not until after the 2012 election!

Obama was the one to allow Live Birth Babies to be killed if a late term abortion failed. It's a fact....refute it if you can...he's on the record. A baby killer....

13Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/21/2012, 10:37 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
NaNook wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Akin's comments reflect his ignorance. Unfortunately he is not the exception among this odd group of new tea party members of congress. These are the people who Carl Gallops would feel very at home with. The doctor who espoused this theory of pregnancy blocking abilities of women who are raped, according to NBC news, was identified as one of Romney's surrogates during his last run for the presidency.

Obama was the one to allow Live Birth Babies to be killed if a late term abortion failed. It's a fact....refute it if you can...he's on the record. A baby killer....

After reading several articles about Obama's vote on a bill in Illinois while he was a state senator I think you are over stating the case. To say he voted for (or against for that matter) a bill that would allow late term babies to be killed is not even close to what was being voted on. It was a bill that sought to protect viable fetuses that the doctors thought could survive outside of the mother. UGH. it is complicated, here, read all this.

Actually what this has to do with some jerk making the comments he did about rape victims I have no idea. I was saying that Akin was misinformed in his comments and sounded really stupid. That's all. Well, and that he's not alone in the Republican ranks these days, unfortunately.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/08/obama-and-infanticide/

14Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/21/2012, 10:48 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
salinsky wrote:Ron Paul calls it "honest" rape ...

MORGAN: Here's the dilemma, and it's one I put to Rick Santorum very recently. I was surprised by his answer, although I sort of understood from his belief point of view that he would come up with this.

But it's a dilemma that I am going to put to you. You have two daughters. You have many granddaughters. If one of them was raped -- and I accept it's a very unlikely thing to happen. But if they were, would you honestly look at them in the eye and say they had to have that child if they were impregnated?

PAUL: No. If it's an honest rape, that individual should go immediately to the emergency room.

Exactly. Do all of these people who are against legal abortions expect a 11 or 12 year old child to bring a baby to full term? How about an ectopic pregnancy, one where the fertilized egg attaches to the fallopian tube. That type of pregnancy has to be terminated to protect the life of the mother.

The people who are trying to get rid of legal abortions fail to take these sorts of situations into consideration. There are many other conditions that affect either the fetus or the mother that someone with a medical background can explain if they care to.

What I'm in favor of is drastically reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies. That would definitely reduce the number of abortions. But of course that makes too much sense.

15Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/22/2012, 8:44 am

Sal

Sal

16Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/22/2012, 11:44 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
NaNook wrote:

You want some more?

I didn't realize there were still dinosaurs in the South. What an ignorant comment.

17Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/22/2012, 11:48 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

He has apologized and moved on. Where is Biden's "CHAINS" apology?

Biden doesn't have to apologize for that remark. It's not an attack. It's a statement of fact, not about race, but about domination of the economy by a few people (aka, the backbone of the Republican Party) who are making life miserable for the majority.

18Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/22/2012, 12:36 pm

polecat

polecat
don't you worry about rape babies ladies, your bad juices will flow. this is just one of the many lies that Republicans tell themselves so they can pretend that their preferred policies don't hurt innocent people. and as always, rich Republicans and rich Democrats too don't need to worry about a rape/incest exception for abortion. they needn't worry about any of it, because money buys a plane ride and a vacation at a foreign nomorebaby spa. if lithe blond country club Muffy gets knocked up by the not blond pool man's helper, ain't nobody gonna see that baby. abortion law is and always will be for people who can't afford the plane ride.

19Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/22/2012, 4:14 pm

knothead

knothead
polecat wrote:don't you worry about rape babies ladies, your bad juices will flow. this is just one of the many lies that Republicans tell themselves so they can pretend that their preferred policies don't hurt innocent people. and as always, rich Republicans and rich Democrats too don't need to worry about a rape/incest exception for abortion. they needn't worry about any of it, because money buys a plane ride and a vacation at a foreign nomorebaby spa. if lithe blond country club Muffy gets knocked up by the not blond pool man's helper, ain't nobody gonna see that baby. abortion law is and always will be for people who can't afford the plane ride.

Oh how true, good post. The hypocrisy is stifling!

20Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/22/2012, 4:57 pm

polecat

polecat
Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan is now refusing to explain a bill that he co-sponsored with Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) that critics say would have redefined rape

I wonder why.

21Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/23/2012, 10:53 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
UP 'til now the victim of a rape as near as I can tell has been thought of in isolation. She's seen as a lone woman in a terrible situation.

What if the right wing were to succeed in banning all legal abortions?

Picture the rape victim as a married woman, late 20's with two young children. She gets pregnant as a result of a rape and is forced to carry the baby to term. How do you imagine her husband feels about this? Rather complicated isn't it?

22Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/26/2012, 10:40 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Legitmate Rape? 6910

23Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/26/2012, 11:02 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni
othershoe1030 wrote:UP 'til now the victim of a rape as near as I can tell has been thought of in isolation. She's seen as a lone woman in a terrible situation.

What if the right wing were to succeed in banning all legal abortions?

Picture the rape victim as a married woman, late 20's with two young children. She gets pregnant as a result of a rape and is forced to carry the baby to term. How do you imagine her husband feels about this? Rather complicated isn't it?

Yea it's tough without having that morning after pill that is ALWAYS available in the ER to rape victims.

24Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/27/2012, 8:54 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48807967

25Legitmate Rape? Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/27/2012, 10:08 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
I don't even think the Nazis would kill a child for the sins of it's father.......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum