Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Delaware duPont heir sexually assaults own children; gets no jail time

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/30/robert-richards-rape_n_5060386.html

"A Delaware man convicted of raping his three-year-old daughter only faced probation after a state Superior Court judge ruled he "will not fare well" in prison.

In her decision, Judge Jan Jurden suggested Robert H. Richards IV would benefit more from treatment. Richards, who was charged with fourth-degree rape in 2009, is an unemployed heir living off his trust fund. The light sentence has only became public as the result of a subsequent lawsuit filed by his ex-wife, which charges that he penetrated his daughter with his fingers while masturbating, and subsequently assaulted his son as well.

Richards is the great grandson of du Pont family patriarch Irenee du Pont, a chemical baron.

According to the lawsuit filed by Richards' ex-wife, he admitted to assaulting his infant son in addition to his daughter between 2005 and 2007. Richards was initially indicted on two counts of second-degree child rape, felonies that translate to a 10-year mandatory jail sentence per count. He was released on $60,000 bail while awaiting his charges.

Richards hired one of the state's top law firms and was offered a plea deal of one count of fourth-degree rape charges -- which carries no mandatory minimum prison sentencing. He accepted, and admitted to the assault..."

This judge needs to be thrown off the bench! I hope Bill O'Reilly highlights this story.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Unbelievable! Wouldn't the judge's rationale apply to all sex offenders? Based on her reasoning no child sex offender should go to prison. I hope there a huge outcry over this!

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:This judge needs to be thrown off the bench! I hope Bill O'Reilly highlights this story.

According to the Delaware Superior Court Web Site her term ended in 2013. It was a plea bargain between his high priced attorneys and the prosecutors office.

Jessica's Law had been passed in Delaware but apparently did not come into play in this case. I wonder if this judge would have agreed to this travesty had it been her child raped by this goon.

Nekochan

Nekochan

This is just disgusting.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum