Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/24/2013, 4:28 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I saw an interesting news item in the newspaper today, "Top 10: What you didn't know about your favorite Christmas movies".

What caught my attention was the beloved animation 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' story and the argument Charles Schulz had with the producers.

From the article: "A Charlie Brown Christmas: Linus' iconic speech about the true meaning of Christmas was almost cut when the animated movie's producers and creator Charles Schultz clashed over the inclusion of religion.

......A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Schultz wanted the one-minute-long speech left in, but the producers thought it would limit its audience and drive away advertisers."

But Schultz stood his ground.  CBS reluctantly put it on the air, hoping no one would watch it. But it was an instant hit with viewers and reviewers alike.

On Thursday, December 9, 1965, A Charlie Brown Christmas was seen in more than 15 million homes, capturing nearly half of the possible audience. That week it was number two in the ratings, after Bonanza. It won critical acclaim as well as an Emmy Award for Outstanding Children's Program and a Peabody Award for excellence in programming.

ANTI-CHRISTIAN FEELING HAS DEEP ROOTS

What's interesting is that a 'Charlie Brown Christmas' first aired in 1965 on American CBS before there was the 'political correct' liberal b.s. we have now.

Certain groups (actors and agents) have tried to take the "Christ" away from CHRISTmas for a long time now.

In the grade schools there is the familiar "Happy Holidays" these days and every holidays is celebrated the same from Hanukkah to Diwali to the recent Kwanzaa.

When I was a kid in grade school everyone said "Merry Christmas" to each other. That is now a relic of the past. Muslims, Hindu's I know are not offended when I tell them "Merry Christmas" but it is the university educated white liberal elite and their Talmudic, Zionist cronies who are offended and sadly these two groups have the most power in education, law, banking and politics.

Merry CHRISTmas everyone.

V

2A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/24/2013, 5:11 pm

Not only did Linus believe in Jesus but he was also a devout follower of The Great Pumpkin. Merry Christmas everyone.

3A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/24/2013, 5:18 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Wonderful!

I heard this morning that some kids wrote Christmas cards to injured vets and that the VA returned them because they said" Christmas "and some even dared to say "Bless you"

That's too dam much!!!

BTW I loved Bonanza!!!.

Merry CHRISTmas, all.

4A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/24/2013, 5:26 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

stormwatch89 wrote:Wonderful!

I heard this morning that some kids wrote Christmas cards to injured vets and that the VA returned them because they said" Christmas "and some even dared to say "Bless you"

That's too dam much!!!

BTW I loved Bonanza!!!.

Merry CHRISTmas, all.

No kidding. It's disgusting. I doubt the VA hospitals ban Chaplains.

5A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/24/2013, 5:27 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's too dam much!!!

BTW I loved Bonanza!!!.

Merry CHRISTmas, all.

Amen...Bonanza was a fine show alright.

6A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/24/2013, 7:26 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Congratulations, Gpa!

Lorne Green is doing a biblical thing on Fox tonight. I intend to watch as he always reminded me so much of my Dad.....loved his buckskin too!

Enjoy your Christmas, Teo. Will you be seeing the little bugger?

7A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/24/2013, 7:36 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

stormwatch89 wrote:Congratulations, Gpa!

Lorne Green is doing a biblical thing on Fox tonight.  I intend to watch as he always reminded me so much of my Dad.....loved his buckskin too!

Enjoy your Christmas, Teo.  Will you be seeing the little bugger?

last I heard Momma and baby were stuck in the Hospital because they couldn't get a pediatrician in to authorize release. So looks like I will see Sal After Christmas. I wish you a wonderful evening and hope we all have a Happy New Year. God Bless us all, everyone. Very Happy 

8A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/24/2013, 9:21 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Thanks, and the same to you, friend.

9A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/25/2013, 3:14 am

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

That's too dam much!!!

BTW I loved Bonanza!!!.

Merry CHRISTmas, all.

Amen...Bonanza was a fine show alright.

Still shown in reruns.

10A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas Empty Re: A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas 12/25/2013, 4:49 am

Markle

Markle

A Charlie Brown CHRISTmas PeanutsChristmas

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum