Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

100 Years Ago Today....

+2
stormwatch89
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1100 Years Ago Today.... Empty 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/23/2013, 2:59 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Today The Banksters Are Celebrating 100 Years Of Theft

http://personalliberty.com/2013/12/23/today-the-banksters-are-celebrating-100-years-of-theft/

“…Today is the Federal Reserve’s 100th birthday. It’s likely to slip by with little fanfare, though it should be a day that lives in infamy. It’s more destructive than Pearl Harbor. In fact, it made Pearl Harbor — and all wars in the last 100 years — possible….”

The dollar is now worth 4-cents compared to its value in 1913. This is what the Federal Reserve has done to your dollar during the last 100 years:

100 Years Ago Today.... B10

Without the Federal Reserve, the wars and military interventions of the last 100 years would have been unaffordable. There would be no Military Industrial Complex, and American servicemen would not be based in 145 countries. There would be no welfare state and the trappings that go with this. There would be no Big Government, national security state, and no $17 trillion debt; and the IRS would not exist in its current form. None of what I have mentioned would exist, becuase none of it would have been affordable or allowed.  

Last edited by ZVUGKTUBM on 12/23/2013, 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/23/2013, 3:04 pm

It was a hundred years ago today, that the Banksters taught the band to play.

3100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/23/2013, 9:44 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Sen. Paul Introduces Audit the Fed Bill
Feb 5, 2013

WASHINGTON, D.C. - Sen. Rand Paul has introduced the bipartisan Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2013. Known widely as "Audit the Fed," the bill calls to eliminate restrictions on Government Accountability Office (GAO) audits of the Federal Reserve and mandating the Fed's credit facilities, securities purchases, and quantitative easing activities would be subject to Congressional oversight.

"The Fed's operations under a cloak of secrecy have gone on too long and the American people have a right to know what the Federal Reserve is doing with our nation's money supply," Sen. Paul said. "Audit the Fed has significant bipartisan support in Congress and across the country and the time to act on this is now."

During the 112th Congress, Audit the Fed legislation (H.R. 459) passed the House of Representatives handily, 327-98.

Sen. Paul's version, S. 209, currently has 19 bipartisan co-sponsors in the Senate and companion legislation was introduced earlier this year in the House of Representatives and currently has over 100 co-sponsors.

4100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/23/2013, 10:23 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Rand's daddy wrote this book in 2009:

100 Years Ago Today.... End_th10

"...Since World War II, the U.S. government has expanded its reach with a shocking voraciousness both at home and abroad. It’s been one war after another, the building of killer weapons of mass destruction, the construction of a huge welfare state that covers all classes in society. There was the Cold War, the Korean War, the Bay of Pigs, an invasion of the Dominican Republic, Vietnam, and endless involvement in the Middle East in addition to wars on Nicaragua, Salvador, Bosnia, and Haiti, as well as all the wars around the world conducted in the name of the War on Terror. And after every major crisis, whether 9/11, the dot-com disaster of 1999, or the economic meltdown of 2008, the response is more monetary expansion. It was once thought that the government had to choose between providing guns or butter. Now, with the Fed, it is realized that no such choice is ultimately necessary. Politicians get together and agree to logroll so that each special interest is able to get what it wants. Guns, butter, and everything else under the sun, including endless bailouts of failing businesses as well as foreign aid for the world, are all provided courtesy of the money machine. Even when the Fed is not providing direct infusions of newly created money, it stands ready to back endless creations of debt year after year, none of which would be worth anything on the free-market bond market if the Fed were not there to guarantee it all.

The Fed is what has made this crisis-response model possible, for without the money machine standing by to provide all the funding that the powerful people need, none of this would be possible. The American people would have to be taxed, and I doubt that they would stand for too many tax increases along these lines...."

Paul, Ron (2009-08-27). End the Fed (p. 70). Grand Central Publishing. Kindle Edition

5100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 5:06 am

" The Fed is what has made this crisis-response model possible."

The push to create a baseless currency was to solve the boom and bust "crisis" of market volatility. There was a major downturn within a few years that nobody remembers or talks about... largely created by fed actions. The reason we don't hear about it is that the fix was cutting govt and curbing the fed... it lead to the roaring twenties. But then again we had the great depression... this time the fix was enormous monetary and govt expansion/solutions... and it dragged on through the thirties and into wwii. Lesson learned? No.

Now we see people like seagoat praising the fed and govt interventions again... yea manipulated numbers... amazing.

6100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 8:52 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PkrBum wrote:" The Fed is what has made this crisis-response model possible."

The push to create a baseless currency was to solve the boom and bust "crisis" of market volatility. There was a major downturn within a few years that nobody remembers or talks about... largely created by fed actions. The reason we don't hear about it is that the fix was cutting govt and curbing the fed... it lead to the roaring twenties. But then again we had the great depression... this time the fix was enormous monetary and govt expansion/solutions... and it dragged on through the thirties and into wwii. Lesson learned? No.

Now we see people like seagoat praising the fed and govt interventions again... yea manipulated numbers... amazing.

Excellent!

7100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 9:11 am

2seaoat

It is not hard to defend the economic growth of the United States over the last 100 years.......there is nothing to compare it to in history........but I love the economic analysis of experts.......how many votes did Ron Paul get?

Some economic policies are scientific......trickle down and austerity have been proven to have failed. Conversely with the federal reserve this country has experienced unparalleled growth and prosperity. Nothing wrong with an audit, but the importance of the autonomy of economic principles over petty political intervention and meddling has again a proven track record which is not flawless but simply highly successful compared to the simplistic alternatives offered by the likes of Ron Paul.

8100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 9:16 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Your Children should have you committed seaoat...you do know the entire economy is based on a ponzi scheme that will crush any chance they have of a good life ?...Naw you are clinically progressive and your progress will shove your kids right off the fiscal cliff.

9100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 9:38 am

2seaoat

Oh, yes........all these smart people on this forum who think the fed has failed in its function. How could I not recognize all these University of Chicago graduates. I guess because it is idiotic not to recognize the rise in productivity in the United States which corresponds to the same 100 year period. I guess that farmer who has 32 rows on his equipment, and tripled the productivity of his land during the same 100 years, or the real cost of electronics, cars, and other consumer goods which have tumbled during that same 100 years.

Sorry T.....I do not want to be too disrespectful, but this is like the Navarre freshman football team challenging the Seattle Seahawks to a game.......because they think they are better. I hate to break this to you........you are clueless about economics, or the success of this country. Please tell Milt and the boys at Chicago that you are available for the chair position and that you do not mind them putting your name in for the noble prize. Yep, I need to be committed because of the economic prowess of some forum members who think the fed should be abolished......brilliant.

10100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 9:46 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yes Obama your Icon has done wonders using TAX money to ship our jobs and GM to China and Brazil and let's not forget your big league geniuses giving.....

Solyndra: The manufacturer of advanced solar panels a $535 million loan guarantee to build a factory outside of San Francisco.

Solyndra went bankrupt in 2011 amid falling prices for solar panels, and has since served as the poster child for well-meaning government policy gone bad.

11100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 9:52 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Z, I mean no disrespect, but am curious as to why you support the 'tax and spend" of Obama?

12100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 12:00 pm

2seaoat wrote:Oh, yes........all these smart people on this forum who think the fed has failed in its function. How could I not recognize all these University of Chicago graduates. I guess because it is idiotic not to recognize the rise in productivity in the United States which corresponds to the same 100 year period. I guess that farmer who has 32 rows on his equipment, and tripled the productivity of his land during the same 100 years, or the real cost of electronics, cars, and other consumer goods which have tumbled during that same 100 years.

Sorry T.....I do not want to be too disrespectful, but this is like the Navarre freshman football team challenging the Seattle Seahawks to a game.......because they think they are better. I hate to break this to you........you are clueless about economics, or the success of this country. Please tell Milt and the boys at Chicago that you are available for the chair position and that you do not mind them putting your name in for the noble prize. Yep, I need to be committed because of the economic prowess of some forum members who think the fed should be abolished......brilliant.

The middle class and young upstarts will never receive a fair shot in what this banking/financial system has become.

Designed to fail... when desired. Small biz was our backbone... it has slowly been squeezed and gobbled up.

You sure aren't very observant.

13100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 12:20 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Okay, I'm up for some information about economics and the Fed. I have no dog in this fight.

I give you all a magic wand and want you to tell us what the economy would be like if the big wheels had not set up the Federal Reserve. How would our economy both national and global be different now if 1913 hadn't happened?

I agree that trickle down doesn't work except for those who already are at the top. I also think that if the high rollers hadn't come up with the Fed system they would have devised some other way to throw their weight around and run the show. What is your ideal solution?

14100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 12:31 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:Okay, I'm up for some information about economics and the Fed. I have no dog in this fight.

I give you all a magic wand and want you to tell us what the economy would be like if the big wheels had not set up the Federal Reserve. How would our economy both national and global be different now if 1913 hadn't happened?

I agree that trickle down doesn't work except for those who already are at the top. I also think that if the high rollers hadn't come up with the Fed system they would have devised some other way to throw their weight around and run the show. What is your ideal solution?

Ron Paul's "End the Fed" that Z quoted would be a good read. But there are many. It's not just the debt that we owe when the fed prints... it's the interest. When money gets injected it's basically a tax on every dollar in existence. We lose at every turn.

If those dollars aren't in the market or ventures... it will almost surely lose value. Even a savings account is useless.

15100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 12:50 pm

2seaoat

Small biz was our backbone... it has slowly been squeezed and gobbled up.

You sure aren't very observant.

You are right.....I do not belong to the flat earth society and observe the obvious. If you think small business has been gobbled up because of our banking system......I can barely keep typing as I am rolling around the floor laughing. I know I must be foolish to actually had studied economics in graduate school and that silly fellow Adam Smith talked about one of those scientific principles called comparative advantage. Do you think with impediments to free trade being eliminated over the seventy five years that competition allowed certain nations to achieve comparative advantage in certain industries? Do you think this was a function of the banking industry? Do your observations include how flat the earth is?

Othershoe.......I do not think one thing should change with the operation of the fed, but agree with the audit function. I am bothered by the fact that banks like Chase were not in communities all over this country, and now the big banks dominate. This needs to change by legislature. We need to pass legislation which rewards smaller community banks and credit unions by incentives and make large banks smaller with disincentives. We have lived in a century of prosperity which is unmatched in the world. Part of the formula for that great success has been our banking systems. They are not without fault, but this idea that there is some multigenerational conspiracy to defraud America is simply untrue. As to the wealthy and powerful playing the system, well that is a constant with or without a banking system.

16100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 3:50 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Okay, I'm up for some information about economics and the Fed. I have no dog in this fight.

Ron Paul's "End the Fed" that Z quoted would be a good read. But there are many. It's not just the debt that we owe when the fed prints... it's the interest. When money gets injected it's basically a tax on every dollar in existence. We lose at every turn.

If those dollars aren't in the market or ventures... it will almost surely lose value. Even a savings account is useless.

It's the interest, I get that but it seems to me that the Fed system is set up in such a way that we can never be debt free. That may be the price of having the economy managed by the private banks and also not the end of the world.
Okay, I'm downloading a sample of End the Fed to my Kindle.
Just off hand it seems it would be unrealistically disruptive in the extreme to do away with what sounds like a basic pillar of our financial system if not the foundation in one fell swoop when in the real world we can't even reduce the size of the major banks. As we all know the too big to fail guys are, what, 30% larger now than before the meltdown? So what's even the point of talking about doing away with the Fed other than as a late night dorm room totally hypothetical item that's interesting to talk about, really?

17100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 4:08 pm

2seaoat

So what's even the point of talking about doing away with the Fed other than as a late night dorm room totally hypothetical item that's interesting to talk about, really?

Exactly. The proper reform to banking must start with the size of banks. Chase bank is now in the town I grew up. The town had two savings and loan, three local banks with local people on their boards of directors, and two large credit unions connected to large manufacturers. Two of the three local banks have been acquired by national banks. The remaining local bank needed over 70 million of tarp money to survive. The two savings and loans were bought by bigger banks and there are only local people on any of these institutions on the one remaining local bank. The credit unions are still in existence but one of the manufacturing facilities has moved to mexico and china. So in a community which once had 7 vibrant local banking institutions which had local boards there remains a credit union and one local bank. Chase has branches all over town.

What congressional action in the thirties allowed local banks to prosper, and what has changed in 80 years which favors these too large to fail banks. I think therein lies the answer......not abolishing the fed with some sophomoric economic fantasy, rather detailed legislative change which brings local board control to local banks. The secondary markets can remain vibrant, but it is the mom and pop banks which have been put into extinction by design. Let us start with real obtainable reform in our banking system. The well ran bank who had no debt or bad loans, got stuck with increased insurance premiums on the FDIC increases, and then the big boyz who made all the bad paper and were bailed out come into town and steal their customers. No the fed is not the major problem in America banking today. We need our neighbors and community making lending decisions, not too big to fail banks who simply profit obscenely and get bailed out.

18100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 4:17 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

stormwatch89 wrote:Z, I mean no disrespect, but am curious as to why you support the 'tax and spend" of Obama?

You don't think Mitt Romney was going to tax and spend? C'mon.....

Romney might have cut a few more taxes here and there, but the spending would go right along, just like it did with Bush. Remember, Romney was all set to double-down on the already bloated defense budget, and greatly increase military spending. How was he going to reduce the deficit and do that?

It all comes down to where Big Government spenders want to spend. Establishment candidates from either the Democrats or Republicans (i.e., Obama and Romney) are always for Big Government. The Republican Establishment candidates rail against welfare spending because they want that money so they can spend it on big military projects (still Big Government spending). The Democrat Establishment candidates want to cut back on military spending so they can spend the money on social programs (still Big Government spending). It is Big Government and big spending and big deficits from either way, all the time with Establishment candidates.

BTW, I voted for the Libertarian candidate (Gary Johnson) for President in 2012, as well as the Libertarian who ran against Jeff Miller.

I don't hate Barrack Obama like certain posters here do, and actually support some of his initiatives. I like the way he has handled Iran without resorting to military action, and I support the way he handles Israel (cue the "antisemite" calls).

If you really want to know where my politics lie, the poster I tend to agree with most of the time is Seaoat. Except, I disagree with his musings on the Fed above. The Fed is patently evil, and was devised with evil intent, in my opinion.

Oh, and I have a grand time here teasing the posters who have so much hatred for our president that it is driving them looney.
 Razz

19100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 4:42 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

"The Fed system is set up in such a way that we can never be debt free."

Othershoe is very observant. The Fed is designed so every dollar created is leant into existence--there is significance to that.

Think back to Lincoln's Greenbacks, which were printed into existence, but carried no debt with them. He had refused to pay the usurious interest rates the Wall Street bankers wanted to help fund his side of the Civil War. So, he printed Greenbacks instead. Why could we not do that now?

20100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 4:45 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I read where Kennedy had taken steps to bring back the Greenback from Lincolns time. It said that he could do it with almost NO congressional approval...of course he didn't live long enough to enact it.

21100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 5:07 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Z, I mean no disrespect, but am curious as to why you support the 'tax and spend" of Obama?

You don't think Mitt Romney was going to tax and spend? C'mon.....

I appreciate your response.  I guess Republicans to my way of thinking talk a better game with the exception of military.  Point taken.

Romney might have cut a few more taxes here and there, but the spending would go right along, just like it did with Bush. Remember, Romney was all set to double-down on the already bloated defense budget, and greatly increase military spending. How was he going to reduce the deficit and do that?

I took him at your first premise...cutting a few taxes here and there.  On the balance, I agree.  I'm a firm believer that it's not that govt doesn't collect enough taxes  but that it just plain spends too much, inefficiently.

It all comes down to where Big Government spenders want to spend. Establishment candidates from either the Democrats or Republicans (i.e., Obama and Romney) are always for Big Government. The Republican Establishment candidates rail against welfare spending because they want that money so they can spend it on big military projects (still Big Government spending). The Democrat Establishment candidates want to cut back on military spending so they can spend the money on social programs (still Big Government spending). It is Big Government and big spending and big deficits from either way, all the time with Establishment candidates.

I don't totally disagree.

BTW, I voted for the Libertarian candidate (Gary Johnson) for President in 2012, as well as the Libertarian who ran against Jeff Miller.

I thought you had been a Ron Paul supporter, as was I.

I don't hate Barrack Obama like certain posters here do, and actually support some of his initiatives. I like the way he has handled Iran without resorting to military action, and I support the way he handles Israel (cue the "antisemite" calls).

I'm delighted not to be in more wars, but Obama has been a nightmare in foreign affairs in my opinion. The jury is still out on Iran and much more. We shall see.

If you really want to know where my politics lie, the poster I tend to agree with most of the time is Seaoat. Except, I disagree with his musings on the Fed above. The Fed is patently evil, and was devised with evil intent, in my opinion.

There, we certainly part company, but I do agree that the Fed is a total nightmare.

Oh, and I have a grand time here teasing the posters who have so much hatred for our president that it is driving them looney.
 Razz

Yeah, I noticed.  Smile

Merry Christmas and again, thanks for taking the time to explain.

22100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 5:17 pm

2seaoat

I read where Kennedy had taken steps to bring back the Greenback from Lincolns time. It said that he could do it with almost NO congressional approval...of course he didn't live long enough to enact it.

Try something historically correct for you reading material.

http://www.garynorth.com/public/6875.cfm

The fed rate is zero to a 1/4 percent.....so if the fed simply permanently made their interest rate zero our problems would be solved....you know the myth about the Lincoln greenbacks and zero interest......fiat money at no interest rate......just one quarter decrease and we have solved our problems with the fed.

Sometimes the most intelligent people have conceptual voids driven more by emotion than cognitive recognition of how utterly silly a concept is.

23100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 5:18 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Yeah, I noticed.  

Merry Christmas and again, thanks for taking the time to explain.

And a very Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!  Cool 

24100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 5:24 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:I read where Kennedy had taken steps to bring back the Greenback from Lincolns time. It said that he could do it with almost NO congressional approval...of course he didn't live long enough to enact it.

Try something historically correct for you reading material.

http://www.garynorth.com/public/6875.cfm

The fed rate is zero to a 1/4 percent.....so if the fed simply permanently made their interest rate zero our problems would be solved....you know the myth about the Lincoln greenbacks and zero interest......fiat money at no interest rate......just one quarter decrease and we have solved our problems with the fed.

Sometimes the most intelligent people have conceptual voids driven more by emotion than cognitive recognition of how utterly silly a concept is.

Well a google shows evidence for the greenback myth BUT Alex Jones says it is a Myth so he agrees with you and so I guess you are in agreement with a conspiracy theorist.....

25100 Years Ago Today.... Empty Re: 100 Years Ago Today.... 12/24/2013, 6:43 pm

2seaoat

Well a google shows evidence for the greenback myth BUT Alex Jones says it is a Myth so he agrees with you and so I guess you are in agreement with a conspiracy theorist.....

It remains a myth because people do not understand Lincoln or what his policy was. They also do not know where the act originated. Congress, not President Lincoln. Lincoln, the whigs, and then the Republicans were all supporters of a central bank. An infusion of fiat cash into an economy to pay bills during a war have been going on for thousands of years. Just need people to think a little bit before biting the crazy apple.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum