Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas Letter to my Mom 1966

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christmas Letter to my Mom 1966 Empty Christmas Letter to my Mom 1966 12/22/2013, 11:43 pm

Hi Folks,
Merry Christmas. Maybe this letter makes it in time for the holidays. Hope every one is doing well. I received your "care" package with the Grits and smoked Mullet. Most of my friends do not know about such things. How is my brother doing. Tell him I miss him. Will be home in a year or so and this Army thing will be done with. Doesn't seem like I have been gone for 2 years. Time flies(sometimes) Only 327 more days a wake up.
Thanks for helping sell my car. I put a lot of time and effort in it, but I know you just can not have it sitting in the drive way for years. I am sure Eddie will take good care of it
I am doing fine. Work is a little hard as I dont do office work very well but I try. I work with a lot of great guys and we all help each other. Sometimes they make fun of my southern accent, but it is all in fun.
Salty and Duke still doing OK? Give them a treat for me. Salty still Howl at the Moon?
It is really cold here but I have a lot of good clothes and do not have to be outside very much. But I really do miss the beaches and the bayous. Maybe I will get another Boat when i get back.
Sometimes I go to the little town a few miles from post. They have buses we can ride for free. It is a interesting place with a lot of small cafe's and such. Man, they have some strange stuff to eat. I sometimes buy a soup type stuff called. "Ramen" It is very good. But I pass on the raw Octopus and squid.
I will try to write more. I know I don't write enough but it is not because i dont think of you all. Have a Merry Christmas. See you all soon

2seaoat

Thanks for sharing this. This is exactly why I come here.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Thanks for sharing this.  This is exactly why I come here.

Me too.

cool1

cool1

nice ------ I was like 4 years old when this letter was written--- Laughing 

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Poignant, thanks.

knothead

knothead

It's impressive to me that you have saved these precious letters and am sure your mind can take you back to that place and that time . . . . priceless!
Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Thanks for serving in an unpopular war and never getting a proper greeting upon return. WELCOME home !!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum