Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My eldest granddaughters fifth birthday present

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

My wife and I have decided to take our soon to be five year old granddaughter to the Chicago Art Museum in early February when I go to Chicago for my shots. She has become quite the little artist as my wife tutors her, and I am excited as a grandfather can be. I have been to many art museums in this nation, and love them all but the Chicago Art Museum is a special place. I have not been in 15 years and now realize how special this place is.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/best-museums-in-the-us_n_3530557.html

To be able to see Seurat's A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte simply gives me goose bumps.... then American Gothic, and the old guitarist, to be able to share this with a child who wants to be an artist.......I thank the guy upstairs for every day which allows me the joy to share such beauty with a child.......but in all honesty.......going up sears towers will be what she will remember this year.....but next year, and the year after........she will discover the utter magic of the Chicago Art Institute.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:My wife and I have decided to take our soon to be five year old granddaughter to the Chicago Art Museum in early February when I go to Chicago for my shots.  She has become quite the little artist as my wife tutors her, and I am excited as a grandfather can be.  I have been to many art museums in this nation, and love them all but the Chicago Art Museum is a special place.  I have not been in 15 years and now realize how special this place is.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/best-museums-in-the-us_n_3530557.html

To be able to see Seurat's A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte simply gives me goose bumps.... then American Gothic, and the old guitarist, to be able to share this with a child who wants to be an artist.......I thank the guy upstairs for every day which allows me the joy to share such beauty with a child.......but in all honesty.......going up sears towers will be what she will remember this year.....but next year, and the year after........she will discover the utter magic of the Chicago Art Institute.

Wonderful....you will create a memory of a lifetime for your grandaughter. Nothing is more special than that.

2seaoat

Wonderful....you will create a memory of a lifetime for your grandaughter. Nothing is more special than that.

Watching all four grandkids open christmas gifts, the puppies and the 13 year old open their dog treats, and the utter joy of the cousins playing with each other..........you wish those moments could be frozen in time and last forever.......then you simply think back of the time you had with your own grandparents......it is usually a short time of pure joy, and it is a gift.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Wonderful....you will create a memory of a lifetime for your grandaughter. Nothing is more special than that.

Watching all four grandkids open christmas gifts, the puppies and the 13 year old open their dog treats, and the utter joy of the cousins playing with each other..........you wish those moments could be frozen in time and last forever.......then you simply think back of the time you had with your own grandparents......it is usually a short time of pure joy, and it is a gift.

Most granddaughters have a special connection to their grandfather's. Three of my granddaughters were very close to their paternal grandfather.....he spent an enormous amount of time with them....Before they were old enough for pre- school they each had one on one time going to story time at the library, lunch, followed by playtime at he park.

He picked them up from pre-school and elementry school 3-4 times a week. When he picked them up they spent hours doing all kinds of fun things. Everyone in the library, local stores, restaurants, Butterfly House, pre school, and the elementry school new him. He was "Grand"....and that is what everyone called him.

Grand passed away the first of the year....my 9 year old granddaughter (the oldest) said she needed to speak at the funeral and tell everyone about Grand. The church was filled and my little angel approached the podium and delivered the most beautiful tribute to Grand. It was a loving eulogy that brought tears to most....she let everyone know just how much he was loved by his granddaughters and how much he would be missed.

2seaoat

I just lost a dear friend who was this great granddad. His funeral was so sad to see those nine grandchildren following the casket in utter pain crying at their loss. Joe spent every minute of his retirement taking the time to be involved in his grandkids lives. He made each of them feel special and took the time to enjoy them. He knew he was ill and was blessed with that time.

I am sure hearing her words speaking of grand were special to all, and we hope that we can guide grandchildren and have more patience and love than perhaps we had as parents.....but I loved both roles.....but this gig is special.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum