Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you are not as cool as Steve McQueen where did you go wrong ?

+5
boards of FL
stormwatch89
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=227

If you are not as cool as Steve McQueen where did you go wrong ? 500full

Oh!!  That Steve McQueen..I thought you may have meant this guy..........
If you are not as cool as Steve McQueen where did you go wrong ? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYb2V1jyxXAktJppzcgtCTo03RRFXzNOPby7Yw8zbMgHhCjcG8Sw

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:Oh!!  That Steve McQueen..I thought you may have meant this guy..........
If you are not as cool as Steve McQueen where did you go wrong ? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYb2V1jyxXAktJppzcgtCTo03RRFXzNOPby7Yw8zbMgHhCjcG8Sw
No but I guess anyone that can wear kilts in public is probably cool...like Sean Conery.

2seaoat

Something must be wrong with me.....I never understood cool or people trying to be the same, and I never really thought Steve McQueen was cool although he was known as the king of cool. I thought he was brilliant in Papillon and Sand Pebbles, but most of his acting was one dimensional and quite frankly not very good. I went to Bullitt three times as a big MoPar person who hated fords.....but in the end some of the roles he took were so tedious......I guess they wore me down.....by the time of the towering inferno I just simply did not enjoy his performances. Justin Bieber is considered cool and so was McQueen.......he just seemed to be a precursor to the shallow celebrity we now accept as talent in music and film.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well Ichi McQueen was a man to the end, did his own stunt work and rose up from a bad childhood to make something of himself. He was a genuine person on and off screen. Maybe Tom Cruise is close to McQueen's daring but few other actors ever were McQueen caliber..Hollywood Produces too many progressive communists now days.

Sal

Sal

T's got himself a man-crush? ...

... adorable. 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Sal wrote:T's got himself a man-crush? ...

... adorable. 
Naw I was just pointing out what one looked like to you doubtfires...

2seaoat

Celebrity with limited acting talent......lip singers who pass for musically talented.....yep Nothing new......Paris Hilton.....Lindsey Lohan, and Justin Bieber........

Steve however, had some brilliant roles as an actor before the celebrity ......and then just sold out on the celebrity.......played the game I guess, where cool is drunk and stupid today......maybe his heart really was in the bike, because he sure never really gave it back to acting. When OJ Simpson does a better job in the towering inferno.....you knew his heart was never really into acting.

It pisses me off the the Black Bozo has the same Name. I am a die hard Steve McQueen fan. Race aint got nothing to do with it..

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Mr Ichi wrote:It pisses me off the the Black Bozo has the same Name.  I am a die hard Steve McQueen fan.  Race aint got nothing to do with it..
Well I don't begrudge him the name I would like it myself except for the Queen part...

2seaoat

It pisses me off the the Black Bozo has the same Name. I am a die hard Steve McQueen fan. Race aint got nothing to do with it..

I was a rabid fan. His early efforts at acting were brilliant.....then the whole celebrity thing with McGraw and Hollywood......it just seemed he did not care about acting and just became a box office sell out, taking any role for a buck, and giving about 50% effort....in the end.....I was simply sad.

McGraw might've been the most gorgeous creature ever on earth... to my eyes. Or maybe wood... or welch... etc.

Who was that lady in butch cassidy with redford and newman? Ah hell... I even drooled over maryann... who am I foolin.

Sal

Sal

Mr Ichi wrote:It pisses me off the the Black Bozo has the same Name.  I am a die hard Steve McQueen fan.  Race aint got nothing to do with it..
I don't know much about him other than he directed a critically acclaimed film that is expected to garner numerous awards. 

What exactly makes him a "black bozo"?

2seaoat

McGraw might've been the most gorgeous creature ever on earth... to my eyes. Or maybe wood... or welch... etc.

Who was that lady in butch cassidy with redford and newman? Ah hell... I even drooled over maryann... who am I foolin.

We are far too close in our values than either one of us want to admit...I would have killed for one evening with Katherine Ross........it was an unhealthy fixation.

2seaoat wrote:McGraw might've been the most gorgeous creature ever on earth... to my eyes. Or maybe wood... or welch... etc.

We are far too close in our values than either one of us want to admit...I would have killed for one evening with Katherine Ross........it was an unhealthy fixation.
Could be... but that wouldn't be any fun. Ross... sigh... perfect. Lol... this all brings back fond memories.

2seaoat

The six numbered buckets and 6 numbered ping pong balls? Cooky the cook playing the knockout game with Bozo?

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Tom Selleck. Period:!: 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

stormwatch89 wrote:Tom Selleck.  Period:!: 
You are certainly a loyal Selleck admirer...kind of leaves out about 3.5 billion guys that don't quite measure up....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well Ichi McQueen was a man to the end, did his own stunt work and rose up from a bad childhood to make something of himself. He was a genuine person on and off screen. Maybe Tom Cruise is close to McQueen's daring but few other actors ever were McQueen caliber..Hollywood Produces too many progressive communists now days.
Well whoopty fucking doo. He's a thespian. All the shit you saw him do isn't real. Dude probably bitched that his pumpkin spice latte wasn't made with 2% milk in his trailer as he had his eyebrows waxed in between scenes.

20If you are not as cool as Steve McQueen where did you go wrong ? Empty Yes 12/3/2013, 10:40 pm

surfnrg

surfnrg

I'm way more cool....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well Ichi McQueen was a man to the end, did his own stunt work and rose up from a bad childhood to make something of himself. He was a genuine person on and off screen. Maybe Tom Cruise is close to McQueen's daring but few other actors ever were McQueen caliber..Hollywood Produces too many progressive communists now days.
Well whoopty fucking doo.  He's a thespian.  All the shit you saw him do isn't real.  Dude probably bitched that his pumpkin spice latte wasn't made with 2% milk in his trailer as he had his eyebrows waxed in between scenes.
He was way before your time...I can imagine you have never seen a man in your life. You know one who's wife didn't have his balls in her purse. I met quite a few working in the coal mines and lumbering but most of what you have for reference probably do spend their lives at Starbucks and Target when they are not doing their desk job in a cubicle or getting the Boss her Latte....

Sal wrote:
I don't know much about him other than he directed a critically acclaimed film that is expected to garner numerous awards. 

You could make a movie on  Black slavery  with a 8mm hand  held camera featuring a Box of Do-nuts and a 3 legged dog and it would be  " critically acclaimed"

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Well whoopty fucking doo.  He's a thespian.  All the shit you saw him do isn't real.  Dude probably bitched that his pumpkin spice latte wasn't made with 2% milk in his trailer as he had his eyebrows waxed in between scenes.
He was way before your time...I can imagine you have never seen a man in your life. You know one who's wife didn't have his balls in her purse. I met quite a few working in the coal mines and lumbering but most of what you have for reference probably do spend their lives at Starbucks and Target when they are not doing their desk job in a cubicle or getting the Boss her Latte....
Shit. My grandfather worked in the iron mines in northern Minnesota. His grandfather came over on a boat and had an even harder life. I suspect he had more manliness in one pubic hair than any hollywood actor that you masturbated to as a teenager and dreamed about being.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
Shit.  My grandfather worked in the iron mines in northern Minnesota.  His grandfather came over on a boat and had an even harder life.  I suspect he had more manliness in one pubic hair than any hollywood actor that you masturbated to as a teenager and dreamed about being.  
When did you decide you wanted to be a metrosexual accountant ? I am sure your indentured relatives would be proud.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The character Magnum P.I. was just a spinoff from where it originated.
Selleck originally played the same character on two episodes of The Rockford Files except they named the character Lance White.

Now if you wanna talk about the best male tv character in the best television series which has ever been created (still to this date), Jim Rockford, and stop with this foolishness about Selleck and Magnum, let's talk.

What made it the best? It was a combination of Garner and Stephen J. Cannell who is hands down the best tv writer who has ever written for tv.
And you David Chase fans (Sopranos) don't have to go into a conipshun when I say that. Chase began his career working on Rockford. He both produced and wrote 19 episodes of Rockford.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum