Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The moment of truth is very soon upon YOU

+2
PBulldog2
Nekochan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

And just like everything else from your hero, you are going to be very disappointed. But I suspect even with that deep secret you will keep it hidden and boast on. So I fully suspect all heads to be in sand, singing the praises of your hero in the face of reality just as you have done for the last 5 years.

Here is the way this will go.

people with ins though work will see little change if their employer is awesome. some will loose their employer ins. more of that will trickle in over time.

the lower class wont feel much diff, they already get Medicaid

the next to them very few considering our population may be added, few happy people there to get their crumb

next level, working poor people, gonna be an angry group, they will have to pay something.

illegals, some of them, many I bet will swindle the system im sure and bleed us, but for the most part they are not covered

this past year, I have been watching many smaller places close up while the larger ones absorb them. we are going towards a big or gone system. even my sister said her hospital in folkston was closing down. expect to see more of that, because the cuts hurt the rural areas worse because they don't have the population to do more with less, they just have less.

expect cost to be crazy high to the national debt

services will be eventually cut, especially those that cost a lot, like mri's , radiation therapy, even chemotherapys etc et etc

docs already have the word, don't order those expensive test or you BETTER make damn sure it is needed. I know you love hearing that, but that makes them not order test also when it is needed. you dont want to be in the lattr part of that equation, and you might at some point.

I could go on and on for pages. but im tired.

this will not be a quik death. because yes, the healthcare industry will do its best to hobble along as long as it can. as the debt grows for the nation and the errors and services are cut and the death rates increase, this will take time for the picture to evolve.

all I can hope for is this.

is that all those who voted for this monster, get to taste the result. Twisted Evil 

I think it's the young that will be most screwed... and they'll figure that out pretty quickly from the latest hhs numbers. The working poor and middle class are next... yes they will have healthcare... but they will also have a lower standard of living.

I still think it's designed to fail. I almost agree with you that the right should let it play out... fuck em all.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I think that the young will be screwed on all counts...health insurance, social security, 401K plans, and federal, state and local taxes.  Sad

Nekochan wrote:I think that the young will be screwed on all counts...health insurance, social security, 401K plans, and federal, state and local taxes.  Sad
Don't forget student loans too. Our dear leaders have saddled the young and productive into servitude.

Great strategy until it squashes initiative... and dissolves into deprivation and systemic collapse... again.

PkrBum wrote:I think it's the young that will be most screwed... and they'll figure that out pretty quickly from the latest hhs numbers. The working poor and middle class are next... yes they will have healthcare... but they will also have a lower standard of living.

I still think it's designed to fail. I almost agree with you that the right should let it play out... fuck em all.
I think the young are going to have one of those moments ahead in their life where their actions of today bite them in the ass tomorrow. That's when they will probably kill us off when they realize this. The generations coming up now are not the compassionate generation. This is the YOLO gen. They are insensitive due to their lives being played out on social media, its what they know. they are the perfect sheep.

The middle class will get weeded out quickly as we are seeing now.

and yes, ive come to the conclusion that if the supreme court could falsely declare this mandate constitutional, then it will happen. so we just need to let it happen. at first it will be a hurrah for the left, but as the picture evolves into reality that will not be the case. However on the other hand maybe we wont remember how good we had it and will just accept it that way. Perhaps that is why some people are trying to hold out.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Chrissy, the "lower class" (I don't care for that phrase) does not automatically qualify for Medicaid in Florida.

An individual with no children cannot get Medicaid in Florida because the current legislative body did not expand Medicaid in our state. There will be no federal assistance for an individual who makes less than the lower limit of poverty level, either....I think the lower level is around 11,500 a year for an individual, though I may be mistaken about the exact number.

These people will fall through the crack in Florida. If I understand it correctly, these people will not face the fine.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Nekochan wrote:I think that the young will be screwed on all counts...health insurance, social security, 401K plans, and federal, state and local taxes.  Sad
I don't always agree with you, but I will on this notion. I have told my daughter that her generation (the Millennials) is going to be ruthless when they finally get political power--about 12-20 more years. They are largely a liberal lot, but they are also very pragmatic.

When the Millenials reach power, they are going to cut to the chase. They are going to slash government spending, and they are not going to even blink about trimming their parents' Social Security checks. Boomers beware. They are also going to dramatically increase taxes without worrying about any political fallout. The era of borrowing from the future to have current prosperity will finally come to an end.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
I don't always agree with you, but I will on this notion. I have told my daughter that her generation (the Millennials) is going to be ruthless when they finally get political power--about 12-20 more years. They are largely a liberal lot, but they are also very pragmatic.

When the Millenials reach power, they are going to cut to the chase. They are going to slash government spending, and they are not going to even blink about trimming their parents' Social Security checks. Boomers beware. They are also going to dramatically increase taxes without worrying about any political fallout. The era of borrowing from the future to have current prosperity will finally come to an end.
I read an article some time ago that our children will come to resent us. How sad is that?

Yet, I don't blame them. We have saddled them with more restrictions, more costs for those restrictions and they are to be happy with that?

The freedoms we enjoyed in our childhoods are gone. My kids couldn't imagine the restrictions I placed on them and they are only going to get worse.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-01/next-subprime-crisis-expands-student-loan-defaults-hit-146-billion-highest-default-r

Next "Subprime Crisis" Expands As Student Loan Defaults Hit $146 Billion, Highest Default Rate Level Since 1995

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-01/next-subprime-crisis-expands-student-loan-defaults-hit-146-billion-highest-default-r

Next "Subprime Crisis" Expands As Student Loan Defaults Hit $146 Billion, Highest Default Rate Level Since 1995

That bubble doesn't hold a candle to the derivatives bubble, which, when it breaks will throw the whole world into a depression. Perhaps then some vigilantes will hang some Wall Street banksters from a few lamposts, while the police look the other way.

The moment of truth is very soon upon YOU 1379506992-Derivative-bomb

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

stormwatch89 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I read an article some time ago that our children will come to resent us.  How sad is that?

Yet, I don't blame them.  We have saddled them with more restrictions, more costs for those restrictions and they are to be happy with that?

The freedoms we enjoyed in our childhoods are gone.  My kids couldn't imagine the restrictions I placed on them and they are only going to get worse.

You should read a book titled The Fourth Turning; written by a couple of sociologists in 1997. It is not about politics, but is about how different generations have impacted society throughout history. Every 4th generation, civilizations go though a Fourth Turning, which results in a violent restructuring of the existing order. The United States has been through three Fourth Turnings already, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and the Great Depression/World War II. The authors tried to look ahead, predicting the next Fourth Turning in America would commence near the end of the first decade of the new century. The authors had no way of predicting that 9/11 would happen; that the 2008 crash would happen; or that we would be bogged down in 12 years of warfare after 2001. However, their predictions are very prescient. They state that Boomers will not be secure in retirement and will not get full Social Security. Future instability in the markets and in government finances will prevent this. They call Millenials a generation of heros, who will save the day and open a new social order to chart the nation on a path toward prosperity again. There will be a lot of painful medicine to swallow between now and then; we should know if we have been cured between 2025 and 2030 or so. The politics between now and then will keep us all on the edges of our seats; it should be interesting.

I learned of this work at a blog I go to, where I read long discertations written by a Generation Xer from Philadelphia. The guy has a libertarian bent, and he ties passages from different books into his writings. After reading a 4-part discussion that quoted heavily from The Fourth Turning, I had to buy the Kindle book for myself. Heavy reading, but worth the effort.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I read an article some time ago that our children will come to resent us.  How sad is that?

Yet, I don't blame them.  We have saddled them with more restrictions, more costs for those restrictions and they are to be happy with that?

The freedoms we enjoyed in our childhoods are gone.  My kids couldn't imagine the restrictions I placed on them and they are only going to get worse.

You should read a book titled The Fourth Turning; written by a couple of sociologists in 1997. It is not about politics, but is about how different generations have impacted society throughout history. Every 4th generation, civilizations go though a Fourth Turning, which results in a violent restructuring of the existing order. The United States has been through three Fourth Turnings already, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and the Great Depression/World War II. The authors tried to look ahead, predicting the next Fourth Turning in America would commence near the end of the first decade of the new century. The authors had no way of predicting that 9/11 would happen; that the 2008 crash would happen; or that we would be bogged down in 12 years of warfare after 2001. However, their predictions are very prescient. They state that Boomers will not be secure in retirement and will not get full Social Security. Future instability in the markets and in government finances will prevent this. They call Millenials a generation of heros, who will save the day and open a new social order to chart the nation on a path toward prosperity again. There will be a lot of painful medicine to swallow between now and then; we should know if we have been cured between 2025 and 2030 or so. The politics between now and then will keep us all on the edges of our seats; it should be interesting.

I learned of this work at a blog I go to, where I read long discertations written by a Generation Xer from Philadelphia. The guy has a libertarian bent, and he ties passages from different books into his writings. After reading a 4-part discussion that quoted heavily from The Fourth Turning, I had to buy the Kindle book for myself. Heavy reading, but worth the effort.
Z, you are NOT libertarian. so please stop the charade, its as apparent as seaoat trying to act like a republican lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Chrissy wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Z, you are NOT libertarian. so please stop the charade, its as apparent as seaoat trying to act like a republican lol
No, I am not Libertarian, though I voted for the Libertarian candidates for both President and Congress in 2012. I am still registered as a Republican, but I cannot support nearly any of the current Republicans. The GOP is not the same party I joined in 1970. My daughter keeps pushing me to register as an Independent. I haven't done that yet, however.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Yeah, if you're not a Progressive when you're 20 you have no mind, if you're not a Conservative when your 40 you have no brain.

They won't be Liberal when they find themselves suffocating under crushing, unsustainable debt and a radically lower standard of living because of the taxes they are paying because of the greed and selfishness of their parents and grandparents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum