This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let's put some more small biznezes out of biznez

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Movie-house owners -- as well as disability advocates -- are anxiously awaiting the release of an Obama administration proposal that would require theaters to install expensive technology so deaf and blind patrons can enjoy their films.

The proposal started within the Justice Department’s civil rights division in 2010 and now appears to be getting a White House review, with the final proposal expected to be made public in the coming weeks. The new policy would call for closed-captioning and audio narration technology to be installed, in a change supporters argue will give Americans with disabilities the same quality of experience as other movie-goers.

However, theater owners -- particularly those with small, independent houses -- say they cannot afford the technology shift which starts with converting to digital cinema.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/17/theater-owners-await-new-wh-regs-on-accommodating-blind-deaf/?intcmp=HPBucket#ixzz2fFaeWDQn

ridiculous or not?

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider
Chrissy wrote:Movie-house owners -- as well as disability advocates -- are anxiously awaiting the release of an Obama administration proposal that would require theaters to install expensive technology so deaf and blind patrons can enjoy their films.

The proposal started within the Justice Department’s civil rights division in 2010 and now appears to be getting a White House review, with the final proposal expected to be made public in the coming weeks. The new policy would call for closed-captioning and audio narration technology to be installed, in a change supporters argue will give Americans with disabilities the same quality of experience as other movie-goers.

However, theater owners -- particularly those with small, independent houses -- say they cannot afford the technology shift which starts with converting to digital cinema.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/17/theater-owners-await-new-wh-regs-on-accommodating-blind-deaf/?intcmp=HPBucket#ixzz2fFaeWDQn

ridiculous or not?

My opinion is that it is not ridiculous. It supports the ADA and the majority of theaters now are corporately owned. Silver Screen here in Pensacola just closed their doors a few weeks ago and it had nothing to do with the ADA, it was a matter of economics, just as Wal-Mart is doing to the little Mom & Pop stores all across the country. I also do not believe that there are very many patrons that frequent the small movie theaters. Why should they go to an analog theater when for basically the same price they can watch a movie in digital format with surround sound. This may be a bit harsh, but to the little man, I say keep up with technology or close your doors.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
I just read where the poor coal miners in Appalachia are losing their jobs so Obama can further his agenda to move us into expensive solar electricity. Actually we here in the Gulf are going to suffer along with the West Virginia miners soon enough as our electricity is coal fired.....

Chrissy wrote:Movie-house owners -- as well as disability advocates -- are anxiously awaiting the release of an Obama administration proposal that would require theaters to install expensive technology so deaf and blind patrons can enjoy their films.

ridiculous or not?

I don't think it is ridiculous. The disabled community should not be exempted from what non disabled individuals enjoy. It's like saying I can't afford to provide a ramp for wheelchair bound people. It's discriminatory.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Dreamsglore wrote:

ridiculous or not?

I don't think it is ridiculous. The disabled community should not be exempted from what non disabled individuals enjoy. It's like saying I can't afford to provide a ramp for wheelchair bound people. It's discriminatory.
On the other hand why should anyone be forced at gun point to provide for anyone else regardless of handicap or need ? That's just not ethical behavior for a free people. If I don't provide a ramp or whatever you don't use my services and I lose money but I should be free to decide. Nature made some people handicapped so that means the rest of us should be forced to provide for their needs financially or be imprisoned ?...Birds fly over the rainbow ..why can't I ?

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

ridiculous or not?

On the other hand why should anyone be forced at gun point to provide for anyone else regardless of handicap or need ? That's just not ethical behavior for a free people. If I don't provide a ramp or whatever you don't use my services and I lose money but I should be free to decide. Nature made some people handicapped so that means the rest of us should be forced to provide for their needs financially or be imprisoned ?...Birds fly over the rainbow ..why can't I ?
Because that discriminates against a class of people. You can take that view to a lot levels you don't want to go down to.

Markle

Markle

ridiculous or not?

RIDICULOUS!

This administration is doing everything possible to destroy jobs.

How many more years before theaters are going the way of the drive-in? Obviously they're not going fast enough for President Barack Hussein Obama.

Markle wrote:

ridiculous or not?

RIDICULOUS!

This administration is doing everything possible to destroy jobs.

How many more years before theaters are going the way of the drive-in?  Obviously they're not going fast enough for President Barack Hussein Obama.
Good to see you and teo are voices of reason.

It is not realistic to try and provide EVERYTHING for EVERY group of people.

Whats next? All football stadiums need to be covered and out of the sun, because sun causes skin cancer. we could go on forever with shit like this.

That's probably a good idea,however, I find it interesting you're not an advocate for disabled people since you have a disabled son.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum