This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Medical examiner fired in Trayvon Martin case

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

bluemoon wrote:I could be wrong but I suspect that  if anyone came on this forum calling themselves "Cat" this forum would explode in vitriol and  anger, and nothing could ever be  discussed civilly again.

Just like It can't function if any of you think that the character WTM is around anywhere.  You've had a thread on now for two days about someone you all think is gone for the moment.

It's either paranoia,  deeply seated hatred of the kind that needs medical care, or something else.  No, it's not anything else.  It's one of those two things.  Both are serious mental conditions.

There are  some people who inhabit this place who don't seem to be inflicted with the condition, but several  of you are.  Somebody even said it's gone on for 7 years now.  Do any of you not realize the severity of whatever problem it is that you have?

You're dying for me to encourage it.
That won't happen.

You have to realize you have a problem before you can help yourselves.

Breaking Bad comes on in 7 minutes now. And yes, that is far, far more important to me than anyone on this forum's mental condition.
The show could not have been very well received since this is the last season.

View user profile
Nekochan wrote:LOL.  But they do love Tebow here.  If he were playing, they might not even leave the game before it's over.
Jax is really close to his home town isn't it? If I'm not mistaken Ponte Vedra is just a short distance from Jax.

View user profile
I don't think I have ever seen a Miami Dolphin swearshirt or T shirt for sale here....you do see a lot of  Saints, Alabama, FSU, Florida, Auburn, and occasionally LSU  and Cowboy attire.

View user profile
Ghost Rider wrote:
Nekochan wrote:LOL.  But they do love Tebow here.  If he were playing, they might not even leave the game before it's over.
Jax is really close to his home town isn't it? If I'm not mistaken Ponte Vedra is just a short distance from Jax.
Yes, Jax is close to Tebow's home. Not sure exactly where he is from, but I think he grew up in a rural area not far from Jax.  
Ponte Vedra is just south of Jax.   Very nice, high priced area near the ocean....it's in St John's County.  I would like to someday live in St. John's County.

View user profile

Ghost Rider wrote:
bluemoon wrote:I could be wrong but I suspect that  if anyone came on this forum calling themselves "Cat" this forum would explode in vitriol and  anger, and nothing could ever be  discussed civilly again.

Just like It can't function if any of you think that the character WTM is around anywhere.  You've had a thread on now for two days about someone you all think is gone for the moment.

It's either paranoia,  deeply seated hatred of the kind that needs medical care, or something else.  No, it's not anything else.  It's one of those two things.  Both are serious mental conditions.

There are  some people who inhabit this place who don't seem to be inflicted with the condition, but several  of you are.  Somebody even said it's gone on for 7 years now.  Do any of you not realize the severity of whatever problem it is that you have?

That won't happen.

Breaking Bad comes on in 7 minutes now. And yes, that is far, far more important to me than anyone on this forum's mental condition.
So, what now, we're into insulting television shows that people like?

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/breaking-bad-sets-guinness-world-record-highest-rated-000018160.html

http://www.vulture.com/2013/08/lessons-from-breaking-bads-ratings-explosion.html

Try that link.  The show has been around for at least 5 years, FYI, and is rated by the people that view it higher than any show in history.
Like it or not. I'm positive you don't watch it if you think it's not a good show.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/16/2013, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni wrote:I don't think I have ever seen a Miami Dolphin swearshirt or T shirt for sale here....you do see a lot of  Saints, Alabama, FSU, Florida, Auburn, and occasionally LSU  and Cowboy attire.
LOL. I've never once had to leave town to buy one.They're in pretty much every store around that sells sports fan attire.
So I see that you've decided to insult the things I like in order to try and annoy me today.

Really, honestly,how childish can you get? I don't like you and I don't like the way your dog's head is shaped either. And your momma dresses you funny. Nanny Nanny boo boo.

It won't work. It's a weekday which means fun and games are over for awhile.
it's called having a life. You all really ought to grow up and get one.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/16/2013, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

bluemoon wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

That won't happen.

So, what now, we're into insulting television shows that people like?

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/breaking-bad-sets-guinness-world-record-highest-rated-000018160.html

Try that link.  The show has been around for several years, FYI, and is rated by the people that view it higher than any show in history.
Like it or not. I'm positive you don't watch it if you think it's not a good show.
You are absolutely right I do not watch it and never have. Breaking Bad previewed in 2008 and according to pollsters the most watched show on TV is not Breaking Bad but NCIS which previewed in 2003. According to TVguide.com the 2012-2013 most watched TV programs does not even list Breaking Bad.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Most-Watched-TV-Shows-Top-25-2012-2013-1066503.aspx

BTW, I have a life, it's called retirement and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Last edited by Ghost Rider on 9/16/2013, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
bluemoon wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I don't think I have ever seen a Miami Dolphin swearshirt or T shirt for sale here....you do see a lot of  Saints, Alabama, FSU, Florida, Auburn, and occasionally LSU  and Cowboy attire.
LOL. I've never once had to leave town to buy one.They're in pretty much every store around that sells sports fan attire.
So I see that you've decided to insult the things I like in order to try and annoy me today.

It won't work. I've got things to do and places to go.
it's called a life. You really ought to get one.

You can assume anything you like......I' m glad you have things to do and places to go. I will enjoy being a home-body today.

View user profile

Joanimaroni wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

You can assume anything you like......I' m glad you have things to do and places to go. I will enjoy being a home-body today.

You're at home every day.  Your constant presence on this forum proves it.
You're obviously the number one poster Mrs Kravitz. I never log in that you aren't here already. That is pitiful,whether you realize it or not. I feel for you, I really do. Because unless you're physically handicapped,there's a big old world out there you're missing. On your deathbed you will not say, I wish I'd spent more time on an internet forum. I promise you that. Now quit posting to me because I won't be around this morning for your entertainment.

And Ghost Rider, you didn't read the link. Rated by the critics and the people who watch it as number one.If you haven't seen it,don't judge.

bluemoon wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

You're obviously the number one poster Mrs Kravitz. I never log in that you aren't here already. That is pitiful,whether you realize it or not. I feel for you, I really do. Because unless you're physically handicapped,there's a big old world out there you're missing. On your deathbed you will not say, I wish I'd spent more time on an internet forum. I promise you that. Now quit posting to me because I won't be around this morning for your entertainment.

And Ghost Rider, you didn't read  the link. Rated by the critics and the people who watch it as number one.If you haven't seen it,don't judge.
I never log off. Sad   I need to be more like you.Rolling Eyes  But not today....it's my day of rest and laundry day.

Cat knows everything.....she knows I' m logged on even though I have a hidden status.

View user profile

Joanimaroni wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

And Ghost Rider, you didn't read  the link. Rated by the critics and the people who watch it as number one.If you haven't seen it,don't judge.
I never log off. Sad   I need to be more like you.Rolling Eyes  But not today....it's my day of rest and laundry day.

Cat knows everything.....she knows I' m logged on even though I have a hidden status.
LMAO! That made my night.

bluemoon wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

That is really dumb. To get the answers that you want you ask the people that watch the show. Of course there is no bias in a survey such as that. What is wrong with the Nielson ratings? Their survey does not just concentrate on one particular show, but all shows in general. Like TVguide.com indicates, Breaking Bad is not even listed in the Top 25 most watched shows of 2012-1013. But don't fret, there is going to be a spin-off of Breaking Bad.

I do not see anything in either of the links that you posted that convinces me that Breaking Bad has been the most watched TV program. Matter of fact one of your link states:

"Highest-Rated" doesn't pertain to viewer ratings. The return of "Breaking Bad" last month drew 5.9 million total viewers — a record for the series, but still far below other television entries, such as the season premiere of "Duck Dynasty," also in August, which pulled 11.8 million total viewers."

Last edited by Ghost Rider on 9/17/2013, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Ghost Rider wrote:
That is really dumb. To get the answers that you want you ask the people that watch the show. Of course there is no bias in a survey such as that. What is wrong with the Nielson ratings? Their survey does not just concentrate on one particular show, but all shows in general. Like TVguide.com indicates, Breaking Bad is not even listed in the Top 25 most watched shows of 2012-1013. But don't fret, there is going to be a spin-off of Breaking Bad.

Yes.

Arguing that Breaking Bad is not a hugely popular and critically acclaimed television program is really, really, dumb.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but Nielson and TV Guide are not accurate indicators or a show's popularity.

They are accurate indicators of a show's popularity amongst OLD people.

I could offer you literally dozens of metrics (from Torrent downloads, to iTunes purchases, to DVD sales, etc., etc., etc.) that demonstrate that Breaking Bad is vastly more popular than NCIS.

View user profile
Sal wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

Yes.

Arguing that Breaking Bad is not a hugely popular and critically acclaimed television program is really, really, dumb.

I'm sorry to break this to you, but Nielson and TV Guide are not accurate indicators or a show's popularity.

I could offer you literally dozens of metrics (from Torrent downloads, to iTunes purchases, to DVD sales, etc., etc., etc.) that demonstrate that Breaking Bad is vastly more popular than NCIS.
Nielson is not just for old people. I know a couple in their 30s right here in Pensacola that are Nielson participants and they have that little "black box" installed.
Breaking Bad, according to one of the links that bluemoon posted even goes on to state that BB has rode the back of Netflix to achieve their status.

I was not aware that we were talking about downloads, DVD purchases etc etc. We are talking about TV viewership in real time. As for DVD sales, "Walking Dead" is the top DVD and blu-ray collection sold.

As of March 2012:

Top 10 Best Selling TV Shows on DVD March 2012

1. Game of Thrones: The Complete First Season
2. Downtown Abbey Unedited UK Version
3. The Big Bang Theory: The First Season
4. True Blood: The Complete Fourth Season
5. Weeds: Season Seven
6. The Walking Dead: Season One
7. Justified: The Complete Second Season
8. Scarecrow and Mrs. King: Third Season
9. Sherlock: Season One
10. Mad Men: Season Four

http://top10sellingitems.com/tv/top-10-best-selling-tv-shows-on-dvd-march-2012

"Game of Thrones" has even out-sold BB.

Here is another link where BB is not even ranked:
http://bestofeverything.hubpages.com/hub/Best-Top-Rated-TV-Shows-on-DVD-Review

Last edited by Ghost Rider on 9/18/2013, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Never watched Breaking Bad and I never will.

View user profile

Sal wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

Yes.

Thank you Sal. I never said it  was number one rated in numbers of  viewers, but according to Guiness, it is rated by critics higher than any other show IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION.  Those who criticize  it have not watched it. It is agonizingly brutal, it can make you cry in your beer, or laugh your ass off, usually all in the same episode. Anybody that missed last Sunday night's eposode also missed what some TV critics are already calling the greatest episode in the history of TV. I sat there with my mouth open during the whole episode. When Walter's handicapped  son Flynn breaks into tears because he finally realizes that his father is a criminal, and then when he has to save his mother from his father who is on top of her with a butcher knife,  it was like it was  happening to someone in your own home. The young man who plays Flynn isn't just a good actor, he's a great actor, and the series is just full of great actors. I understand that R J Mitte who plays Flynn actually does have cerebral palsy, so it's not all acting,  but the part that is acting that comes from  him is amazing.  I'm not easily impressed with network TV(of course, this is on AMC, which makes no sense at all), and I don't get emotional at  movies, but this series  is gripping beyond belief. You just cannot believe what you're seeing on your TV set.
People that say they won't ever watch it are the losers. And until you do watch it,you shouldn't criticize it. I don't watch NCIS, but I'm not criticizing it, because I hear it's pretty good.

bluemoon wrote:
Sal wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

Yes.

Thank you Sal. I never said it  was number one rated in numbers of  viewers, but according to Guiness, it is rated by critics higher than any other show IN THE HISTORY OF TELEVISION.  Those who criticize  it have not watched it. It is agonizingly brutal, it can make you cry in your beer, or laugh your ass off, usually all in the same episode. Anybody that missed last Sunday night's eposode also missed what some TV critics are already calling the greatest episode in the history of TV. I sat there with my mouth open during the whole episode. When Walter's handicapped  son Flynn breaks into tears because he finally realizes that his father is a criminal, and then when he has to save his mother from his father who is on top of her with a butcher knife,  it was like it was  happening to someone in your own home. The young man who plays Flynn isn't just a good actor, he's a great actor, and the series is just full of great actors. I understand that R J Mitte who plays Flynn actually does have cerebral palsy, so it's not all acting,  but the part that is acting that comes from  him is amazing.  I'm not easily impressed with network TV(of course, this is on AMC, which makes no sense at all), and I don't get emotional at  movies, but this series  is gripping beyond belief. You just cannot believe what you're seeing on your TV set.
People that say they won't ever watch it are the losers. And until you do watch it,you shouldn't criticize it. I don't watch NCIS, but I'm not criticizing it, because I hear it's pretty good.
We do not need to watch it in order to judge it. There is this thing called a synopsis. I make my determination as to whether I will watch the show or not based on the synopsis and on trailers prior to the premier episode. You do not know me, so how can you judge my likes and dislikes.

Breaking Bad is not the all time most watched TV show in TV history. The episode that aired on 9/15 was the most watched episode of the series of Breaking Bad. The viewership for this episode was 6.4 million viewers. The distinction of the most watched TV series was M.A.S.H with a viewership of 106 million viewers. There are several Super Bowls that have had more viewers that the 6.4 million that watched Breaking Bad. Come brag to me about Breaking Bad when they break the 100 million mark for an episode.

View user profile

Ghost Rider wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
Sal wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

Yes.

We do not need to watch it in order to judge it. There is this thing called a synopsis. I make my determination as to whether I will watch the show or not based on the synopsis and on trailers prior to the premier episode. You do not know me, so how can you judge my likes and dislikes.

Breaking Bad is not the all time most watched TV show in TV history. The episode that aired on 9/15 was the most watched episode of the series of Breaking Bad. The viewership for this episode was 6.4 million viewers. The distinction of the most watched TV series was M.A.S.H with a viewership of 106 million viewers. There are several Super Bowls that have had more viewers that the 6.4 million that watched Breaking Bad. Come brag to me about Breaking Bad when they break the 100 million mark for an episode.
You actually need to stop with trying to prove Breaking Bad isn't the most watched TV show in TV history, because I never said it was. You're wasting a lot of time refuting what someone did  not say. I explained that it was the number one rated show by critics in the history of TV, and it is. It's in the Guiness book of world records, which  means the critics agree with me that it is an EXCELLENT tv series, in fact, the best there has ever been.
I'm not bragging about the series. I'm saying I enjoy it. This is a discussion forum.  You not watching it isn't my loss, it's yours.  I don't believe there's ever been a tv series with a main character who has CP in his real life perform like RJ Mitte has in Breaking Bad, and I don't think there's ever been a show that takes a character like Walter White, who is a high school cancer patient that can't pay his bills and morphs him into a monster that you wish you could leap through the screen and kill yourself.
I'm saying it's a damned good show.
Critics say it's the best show that's ever been on television.

You don't have to watch it if you don't want to.
That's your loss.

Go watch Dancing with the Stars. You'll feel warmer and fuzzier afterwards.

It's incredibly stupid to argue online about a TV series you've never watched.

Ghost Rider wrote:

LOL!

He's not "bragging".

He just expressed his opinion regarding a show he obviously enjoys and admires, as do I.

You're the one who made the absurd contention that the show had not been "well received".

To deny the show's popularity and critical acclaim (a show which you have never even watched), only demonstrates that you have an enormous axe to grind.

Grind away.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2013/09/16/why-breaking-bad-is-the-best-show-ever-and-why-that-matters/

View user profile

Several people on here are grinding axes Sal, but it doesn't bother me. That was an excellent article you posted. Did you catch it that Walter was setting himself up for the whole blame in that phone call to Skylar? I was pretty sure that was what he was doing, but it's nice to see it in print that that's probably what it was. Sometimes with BB you think you know what's happening but then you really don't. That's one of the things that makes the series so good.

Floridatexan wrote:
I don't believe this is over.  I think this guy has publicly stated that Trayvon Martin was shot in the back.
This will likely be concluded when the Pope declares Trayvon to be a saint and the black community declares him to be a martyr and then a Trayvon Martin Day will be celebrated in the streets with dancing,drinking, and gunning down enemies.

View user profile http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/
Sal wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:

LOL!

He's not "bragging".

He just expressed his opinion regarding a show he obviously enjoys and admires, as do I.

You're the one who made the absurd contention that the show had not been "well received".

To deny the show's popularity and critical acclaim (a show which you have never even watched), only demonstrates that you have an enormous axe to grind.

Grind away.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2013/09/16/why-breaking-bad-is-the-best-show-ever-and-why-that-matters/

Don't you mean she?

View user profile
Yella wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
I don't believe this is over.  I think this guy has publicly stated that Trayvon Martin was shot in the back.
This will likely be concluded when the Pope declares Trayvon to be a saint and the black community declares him to be a martyr and then a Trayvon Martin Day will be celebrated in the streets with dancing,drinking, and gunning down enemies.
cheers cheers cheers

View user profile
Ghost Rider wrote:
Don't you mean she?

I dunno, do I?

View user profile
bluemoon wrote:Did you catch it that Walter was setting himself up for the whole blame in that phone call to Skylar?  I was pretty sure that was what he was doing, but it's nice to see it in print that that's probably what it was. Sometimes with BB you think you know what's happening but then you really don't.   That's one of the things that makes the series so good.

I just hope that Jesse is somehow extricated, and the mystery of why no one on the show has a smartphone is solved.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum