Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Babe Didrikson

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Babe Didrikson Empty Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 7:58 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_Didrikson_Zaharias

2Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 8:40 pm

Babe Didrikson Babe_z10

did someone check to make sure she wasn't a he? I mean that almost looks like a penis bulging in that skirt.

3Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 9:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Very interesting.

Chrissy I doubt she was male....she married a greek man.

4Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 9:07 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Very interesting.

Chrissy I doubt she was male....she married a greek man.
id like a dna sample. I got some strong radar going off here lol

5Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 9:13 pm

Shame on you chrissy... She was amazing. An amazing athlete. My grandmother experienced some same bias.

It's easy to be derisive.

6Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 9:14 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Remarkable woman and an outstanding athlete.

her 10th and final major with a U.S. Women's Open championship, one month after surgery for colon cancer  and while wearing a colostomy bag.

7Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 9:51 pm

PkrBum wrote:Shame on you chrissy... She was amazing. An amazing athlete. My grandmother experienced some same bias.

It's easy to be derisive.
lol pkr, I wasn't trying to be derisive. Im sorry. Crying or Very sad 

she seems like an awesome woman. I actually read the info and went and looked up the golf course in Tampa named after her, that's where I got the photo.

I think shes a interesting person. I would have appreciated some kind of commentary when you posted her story though, so that led me to go off in my own direction lol

but it really does kind look like a penis bulge in the front of that skirt. or maybe I just have a dirty mind today.

Will you forgive me please?

8Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:03 pm

2seaoat

Will you forgive me please?

Why? women athletes who excel have always faced that stereotypical slam. My wife was an excellent athlete, but women and girls were given few avenues to excel. Historically, what Babe did opened the door for other women. Golf and tennis were a transition sport, and today many basketball, softball, and volleyball players face the insidious sarcasm, but have her early efforts to thank. Like Billy Jean King, tennis was seen as a ladies sport and it was acceptable for competition, but Billy Jean showed women could compete with men. It took Iowa farm girls to show that girls could play basketball which was thought to be too physical for the delicate women. The old half court Iowa girls basketball changed that landscape also.

9Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:22 pm

I'll just pass over seagoats diatribe... tho he isn't completely off base.

On to Chrissy... she was simply amazing. My grandmother was short and stout... but an amazing athlete. She represented new zealand in international tennis and field hockey way before money or olympics were involved. She also would've made the olympic team had those sports or short distance sprints had been included... particularly the shuttle run. She won the Texas golf and ping pong championships several times. But babe was the best... perhaps the best athlete of all time. But from all of the stories I've heard... I think Bo Jackson might have been the best all time.

10Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:24 pm

2seaoat wrote:Will you forgive me please?

Why?  women athletes who excel have always faced that stereotypical slam.  My wife was an excellent athlete, but women and girls were given few avenues to excel.  Historically, what Babe did opened the door for other women.  Golf and tennis were a transition sport, and today many basketball, softball, and volleyball players face the insidious sarcasm, but have her early efforts to thank.   Like Billy Jean King, tennis was seen as a ladies sport and it was acceptable for competition, but Billy Jean showed women could compete with men.  It took Iowa farm girls to show that girls could play basketball which was thought to be too physical for the delicate women.  The old half court Iowa girls basketball changed that landscape also.
oh shut the fuck up. I am so sick of your rambling fucking bull shit.

im not stereotyping the god damn woman for heavens sake.

she looks like a fuckin dude ok and yes it does look like a penis bulge.

im not gonna apologize for how I see it. im a fuckin lesbian for heaven sake, I know what its like to be stereotyped ok..

now bite my ass

11Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:27 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:

Why?  women athletes who excel have always faced that stereotypical slam.  My wife was an excellent athlete, but women and girls were given few avenues to excel.  Historically, what Babe did opened the door for other women.  Golf and tennis were a transition sport, and today many basketball, softball, and volleyball players face the insidious sarcasm, but have her early efforts to thank.   Like Billy Jean King, tennis was seen as a ladies sport and it was acceptable for competition, but Billy Jean showed women could compete with men.  It took Iowa farm girls to show that girls could play basketball which was thought to be too physical for the delicate women.  The old half court Iowa girls basketball changed that landscape also.

im not gonna apologize for how I see it. im a fuckin lesbian for heaven sake, I know what its like to be stereotyped ok..

now bite my ass
lol!

12Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:28 pm

2seaoat

now bite my ass

I think I will pass. I can't tell head for tails with you.

13Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:28 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I'll just pass over seagoats diatribe... tho he isn't completely off base.

On to Chrissy... she was simply amazing. My grandmother was short and stout... but an amazing athlete. She represented new zealand in international tennis and field hockey way before money or olympics were involved. She also would've made the olympic team had those sports or short distance sprints had been included... particularly the shuttle run. She won the Texas golf and ping pong championships several times. But babe was the best... perhaps the best athlete of all time. But from all of the stories I've heard... I think Bo Jackson might have been the best all time.
Awesome...I guess your grandmother inspired your love of tennis.

14Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:34 pm

Chrissy wrote:

now bite my ass
Ignore that dickwad... he doesn't give a gd about this topic. Winners are interesting... you ought to watch serena play in the us open tomorrow night. Tennis is a good look into someone's character.

15Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:38 pm

2seaoat

Ignore that dickwad... he doesn't give a gd about this topic. Winners are interesting... you ought to watch serena play in the us open tomorrow night. Tennis is a good look into someone's character.

It took just a little bit of cheese on that trap.......and that ego came out faster than Renee Richards trying to run from a urine drop.

16Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:41 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'll just pass over seagoats diatribe... tho he isn't completely off base.

Awesome...I guess your grandmother inspired your love of tennis.
She certainly did... ty. My mom and dad played d1 tennis too tho... so it was a family thing for me.
Oddly enough... no one else has played in the next generations.

17Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 10:44 pm

2seaoat wrote:Ignore that dickwad... he doesn't give a gd about this topic. Winners are interesting... you ought to watch serena play in the us open tomorrow night. Tennis is a good look into someone's character.

It took just a little bit of cheese on that trap.......and that ego came out faster than Renee Richards trying to run from a urine drop.
heh

18Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 11:05 pm

PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Ignore that dickwad... he doesn't give a gd about this topic. Winners are interesting... you ought to watch serena play in the us open tomorrow night. Tennis is a good look into someone's character.

heh
hey pkr, im sorry if I offended you with my comments. I was just being playful originally.... then seasnot came along and pissed me off lol

19Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 11:14 pm

Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

heh
hey pkr, im sorry if I offended you with my comments. I was just being playful originally.... then seasnot came along and pissed me off lol

Ah... ya didn't at all. I expect you to be a little difficult. That might be what I like best about you. ( ;

20Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 11:18 pm

PkrBum wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

heh

Ah... ya didn't at all. I expect you to be a little difficult. That might be what I like best about you.   ( ;
Haha

you know what I just remembered about you from this, I had almost forgot about your tennis stuff.

its been a long time since you talked about that. Smile 

Did your grandmother know this lady?

21Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/7/2013, 11:46 pm

Nooo... she didn't know her. My first love in reading was sports heros. I just thght she was awesome.

22Babe Didrikson Empty Re: Babe Didrikson 9/8/2013, 12:07 am

PkrBum wrote:Nooo... she didn't know her. My first love in reading was sports heros. I just thght she was awesome.
cool.

she certainly did a lot.

I guess I am weird. the only and I mean only thing I have ever enjoyed reading growing up was science. I regret not being more of a history buff, back then I thought it was a useless bore. I don't feel that way now and im in constant catch up mode. I mean back then I did the work, made straight "A"s. but I really didn't pay attention.

You just made me realize something. I don't have any heros. Surprised(

other than my mother that is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum