Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Manslaughter charges filed

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 7:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bluemoon wrote:I'm glad you think you know everything about the woman and her mental and physical condition without any  facts being reported about it in the article.

Most of us are not blessed with psychic powers.

Go to hell, Cat. I know the difference between right and wrong and I know what compassion for the elderly is all about. It's not about how much you can squeeze and bleed them for.

The daughter had enough sense to call EMS when her mother became unresponsive,after two weeks on the floor. 

Who knows maybe she was waiting on that SS check to be deposited.

27Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 7:54 pm

Gee, Cat is being called some bad things on here today. LOL  Glad they're not  directed at me.
What are you going to say if  you find out that the daughter is mentally handicapped with the intelligence of a child, after all, the lady that claims to know her says she's always "dirty."  Most adults who are what we consider "normal" aren't constantly filthy.  And why don't you get on a forum and argue for free governmental care for all the elderly in a nursing home  facility if they need it?  A lot of people think that Medicaid provides that for everyone,but they don't.

Did you take care of your parents in your home without any help  from anyone,and if you did, how long did you keep them? Were they incontenant with alzheimers, but you were such a total angel that you sacrificed everything in your life for your parent's sake?
I doubt it. 
I don't know ANYTHING about this woman except what's in that short article,and neither do you.

28Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:03 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bluemoon wrote:Gee, Cat is being called some bad things on here today. LOL  Glad they're not  directed at me.
What are you going to say if  you find out that the daughter is mentally handicapped with the intelligence of a child, after all, the lady that claims to know her says she's always "dirty."  Most adults who are what we consider "normal" aren't constantly filthy.  And why don't you get on a forum and argue for free governmental care for all the elderly in a nursing home  facility if they need it?  A lot of people think that Medicaid provides that for everyone,but they don't.

Did you take care of your parents in your home without any help  from anyone,and if you did, how long did you keep them? Were they incontenant with alzheimers, but you were such a total angel that you sacrificed everything in your life for your parent's sake?
I doubt it. 
I don't know ANYTHING about this woman except what's in that short article,and neither do you.

Yes, I took care of my parents. My dad was incontinent with alzheimers, and dying of cancer. With the alzheimers he did not understand the incontinence....and I loved him so much I just could not put a diaper on him. I changed his clothing and his bed 3 -4 times a night......he believed me when I told him I spilled water on him.

Yes, I made sacrifices in my personal life for my parents. Just like they made sacrifices for me. I would do it again in a heart beat.....it's something you know nothing about.

29Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:12 pm

Since you don't know a single thing about me except what you ASSume, you have no basis to say what I've done or not done for either my parents or grandparents. Suffice to say,  I do know what it is to try and keep a person with alzheimers in your home, and that there are times that you have to get professional care for them for the sake of their safety as well as for your own.
If an elderly parent with dementia is prone to playing with fire, you don't keep them in your house because of some feeling that it's your duty to do so.
I would note  that it took the authorities 4 months to bring charges against the daughter.

It could be that they had some questions about whether it should be charged  or not.

To continue to say you know that this was over  the woman's social security check when the article doesn't mention a word about that, is just supposition.   Just like most of the rest of what you posted. It's a rush to justice.  Justice is slow and will eventually be done if it's necessary. It's not going to be decided on an internet forum.

And thank God it's not going to be decided by someone like you who reads a short summary of an arrest and decides someone should be locked  up for the rest of their life without having all the facts.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/7/2013, 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

30Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:12 pm

2seaoat

I have seen two sisters prosecuted because of alleged neglect, and after bankrupting the sisters on legal expense, the jury found them not guilty. The mother simply would not accept help in any fashion. She controlled her daughters and they were incapable of getting her in compliance. She had bed sores which ultimately were not treated in a timely manner.

Prosecutor's across the country are addressing the symptoms of system failure, not the causes. I have plenty of first hand experience in this area, and I will gladly start reeling off incident after incident where this broken system has chewed up people. If you have never dealt with an elder parent, it is hard. They insist on their independence. It becomes difficult to even get them to the doctor. Some children just cannot overrule a dominant parent. I know some get glee on posting booking pictures of folks who have been charged with a crime and belittle them and take this holier than thou attitude, but we simply are jumping to a conclusion on this case when from the same characters I listened to months of how there was prosecutorial abuse when someone else was prosecuted.

First, If the woman was talking to the mother, do we know what the mother wanted? Second, what knowledge do we have of this person's medical condition? We do not. I feel very comfortable asking these questions because I have seen families destroyed by over zealous social workers and prosecutors who are looking for more raw meat. I will withdraw all my concerns when proofs are entered which show a motivation for financial gain on the part of the daughter. The sisters had their photos on the front page of the local newspapers. They had to listen to the uproar of letters to the editor and general disdain of the community, all from the initial slanted reporting. Sorry, the usual routine of taking some person who was booked and jumping to conclusions does not always bring justice. I have no problem if this person was convicted of the crime by her peers, but we have some people who are soothsayers, and have done this witch hunt for years. When I protest the same, I am told to go to another thread. I do not respond to the booking thread. I will respond here and raise the red flag. Again, I am not justifying elder abuse, I am pissed because I see a system which is failing our seniors, failing in every regard, as folks want to cut their benefits and feed them to a criminal justice system which needs more raw meat.

31Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:19 pm

I absolutely agree Seaoat.

Not all people over  90 are easy going and compliant. Neither of my own parents were easily led to do things they didn't want to do, and they didn't change a bit when they were old either.  We do not know all the facts and it's way too soon to decide based on what little we do know.

People  are  way too quick to condemn and to become self-righteous and holier-than-thou  without even asking the pertinent questions.

32Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:22 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bluemoon wrote:Since you don't know a single thing about me except what you ASSume, you have no basis to say what I've done or not done for either my parents or grandparents. Suffice to say,  I do know what it is to try and keep a person with alzheimers in your home, and that there are times that you have to get professional care for them for the sake of their safety as well as for your own.
If an elderly parent with dementia is prone to playing with fire, you don't keep them in your house because of some feeling that it's your duty to do so.
I would note  that it took the authorities 4 months to bring charges against the daughter.

It could be that they had some questions about whether it should be charged  or not.

To continue to say you know that this was over  the woman's social security check when the article doesn't mention a word about that, is just supposition.   Just like most of the rest of what you posted. It's a rush to justice.  Justice is slow and will eventually be done if it's necessary. It's not going to be decided on an internet forum.
Typical Cat-ism....

To continue to say you know that this was over  the woman's social security check when the article doesn't mention a word about that, is just supposition. 

I said, "Who knows maybe she was waiting on that SS check to be deposited."  I never said I knew that is what she did.

As far as waiting 4 months....I SUPPOSE....it was determined she was mental competent and she was charged.You shot your previous theory to hell with that comment.

33Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:26 pm

Not necessarily.  She may have some mental incapacity and that is exactly why it took 4 months to charge her.  We don't know about that. I'd say the 4 month delay may actually substantiate what I said.  They may have wanted to find a doctor to certify that she was capable of going to trial. If there was no doubt about her mental condition, why would it take that four months to charge her?

You seem to think the facts were all so cut and dried.

All doctors are not in agreement as to the mental capacity of a defendant to stand trial.  Even after a decision is made, it may not be the correct one.  I know that doesn't fit into your simplistic view of guilt and innocence,but it's the truth.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/7/2013, 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

34Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:27 pm

Bless your heart joni. I guess if I devolved into that state I would appreciate it... but I can't see that at my stage of life.

35Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:41 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

100,000.00 bond.

RUCKER, KATHY ANN   (W / FEMALE)
Booking No:ECSO13JBN012976
Booking Date:09/04/2013 09:37:41
Age On Booking Date:60
Bond Amount:$100000.00

36Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 8:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

1. CARAL on September 7th, 2013 3:36 pm
    Just as “knowing” has known this woman for years! I knew her many years ago and everything “knowing” says is true…Her mother took care of her for years and this is her repayment… she is and always has been a Narcissist!
    I would do anything to have my mother here to take care of her.

37Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/7/2013, 9:17 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

If the daughter has mental problems and didn't really know what she was doing, that would be a different matter. I wouldn't think there would be a 100K bond if that were the case.

38Manslaughter charges filed - Page 2 Empty Re: Manslaughter charges filed 9/8/2013, 12:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Nekochan wrote:If the daughter has mental problems and didn't really know what she was doing, that would be a different matter.  I wouldn't think there would be a 100K bond if that were the case.
cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum