Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Virus...Malware: ICE Cyber Crime Center

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My husband's computer is infected with this. He's operating Windows 8. I don't even know how to get into safe mode. HELP!

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-including-safe-mode

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode)

Applies to Windows 8, Windows RT

With the Windows Startup Settings screen (formerly advanced boot options) you can start Windows in different advanced troubleshooting modes so you can find and fix problems on your PC. In previous versions of Windows, you could get to this screen by pressing F8 before Windows started up. Windows 8 PCs start up quickly so there's not enough time to press F8.

There are two ways to get to the Windows Startup Settings screen in Windows 8 :

If you're not signed in to Windows, tap or click the power icon Power icon from the sign-in screen, hold Shift, and then tap or click Restart

Or, if you're already signed in:

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

Under PC settings, tap or click General.

Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

On the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

Tap or click Startup Settings.

Tap or click Restart.

On the Startup Settings screen, choose the startup setting you want.

Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Thanks, Teo.  He somehow managed to get into safe mode using F8 (the old fashioned way...I HOPE.  I am leaving him alone at this point.)  I don't know how this thing came up...we both have up to date virus protection.  This is one nasty virus...says you've done something illegal and you must immediately send money to ICE.  Jerks.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That's terrible

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

FT, what is the name of the virus/malware?

Sal

Sal

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ice-cyber-crime-center-removal/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ghost_Rider Revised wrote:FT, what is the name of the virus/malware?

Ghost...I was able to get back in using the startup instructions Teo directed me to. Then I was able to use System Restore. Computer is back up. The virus looks like it came from the federal government...says ICE has detected illegal activity on your computer and you must pay a fine. Here it is:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/ice-cyber-crime-center-removal/

We're now running antivirus and malware programs.

That one's been going around for a while, they had it work. Pop's up and Ice or FBI warning, I think there is two different one's. One if you open you get virus the other if you open tell's you to send money for the crime they're accusing you of.

2seaoat

I sent them 2k, and asked for a low bail........

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I sent them 2k, and asked for a low bail........

Thanks, Seaoat, for the good laugh. After all the fooling around with the computer, my neighbor came over and said he didn't want to intrude but there was a dead squirrel in the side yard, so he picked it up and buried it...obviously been gone for more than a day...yuk and ewwwww...so that's the sum of it. Let's hope for a better tomorrow.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum