Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

After death, Sally Ride reveals she's gay.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/25/us-sallyride-idUSBRE86M1C320120725

Sally Ride was the first U.S. woman in space and a role model for women everywhere. But one group had to wait until her death this week to claim her as a member - the gay community

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Does this mean that she can now register to vote as a democrat?

Chrissy8 wrote:http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/25/us-sallyride-idUSBRE86M1C320120725

Sally Ride was the first U.S. woman in space and a role model for women everywhere. But one group had to wait until her death this week to claim her as a member - the gay community

I read about that a day or two after she died. I have to say that I wasn't TOO terribly surprised... my gaydar is pretty well calibrated. Plus, that awesome mullet kind of gave it away. LOL. But I like the way she lived her life... her sister said that she lived without labels and was a very private person. She was a pretty neat gal, and I like Sally Ride Science: https://www.sallyridescience.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ghandi wrote:Does this mean that she can now register to vote as a democrat?
Yes. All dead people are democrats. And it also means she's black, abnormal, homeless, gets food stamps and welfare and commits crimes. I think we better all go get a chick-fil-a.

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

I guess like most reasonable people she figured weather or not to reveal her private life was nobody's business but hers.

Glad to see you Riceme!

Granny4Peace wrote:I guess like most reasonable people she figured weather or not to reveal her private life was nobody's

business but hers.

Glad to see you Riceme!

im like that in real life too

it makes me have pride that such a smart woman has somthing so special in common with me Very Happy

Granny4Peace wrote:I guess like most reasonable people she figured weather or not to reveal her private life was nobody's business but hers.

Glad to see you Riceme!

Good to see you, too Granny! I'm glad someone else besides me, Az, Chrissy, PB, Gunz, and TEO uses a handle by which I can identify them on this forum! Thanks for that Wink Hope you're doing well.

Ja, in the article I read, which I can no longer find (suppose I could look in my history, but am posting in between doing some other things), her sister said that she was an extremely private person. I can relate to that. In my "real" life, as Chrissy said above, I am also extremely private as well. In fact, I don't even like for people besides my family to know where I live, but that's a whole other issue... personal protection from past bad experiences, which... mmm a few people on this forum know about.

I think she was a real neat lady who has -- and continues to through Sally Ride Science -- contributed much to the advancement of the sciences. Kudos to her!

Slicef18

Slicef18

With all this talk about gender identification and preferences I was just wondering if my true inner-self just might be a lesbian? After all, I really do like women.

Slicef18 wrote:With all this talk about gender identification and preferences I was just wondering if my true inner-self just might be a lesbian? After all, I really do like women.

LOL! Best (humorous) comment yet regarding the whole gender id / homosexual discussion.

Love it.

Personally, I don't mind admitting that I think that women are beautiful creatures, in general. While I date men, and was at one time married to a man, men's bodies are just not as... attractive... as women's. But they have other things going on for them that I just can't resist! Wink

Like a Star @ heaven riceme

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum