Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

More about markels and limbaughs greatest health care system in the world

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

When I was at the dermatologist office to get my melanoma biopsied,  I mentioned to him that I had a skin tag on the back of my leg I would like to get removed.
If you don't know what the term "skin tag" means that's what these little hanging things are called...

More about markels and limbaughs greatest health care system in the world Skin-tag

I just got the bill for having him take a pair of sterile scissors and snip it off.
$320 for about 15 seconds worth of work.
No that's not a typo. It's not $3.20.
It's $320

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy, if you ever again post another goddamn thing about how those fucking doctors you worship have such a raw deal, I'm gonna cuss you out.

Why didn't he just freeze it off? I have had several of those frozen off, one time a doc did about 9 in one session and insurance doesn't pay for it because it's elective, but the cost for 9 was only $75.00

Sal

Sal

Boil a pair of scissors, snip it off, pack it with Neosporin, and put a Band-Aid on it.

There, now you know what to do next time.

And Bob, no more pictures ...

... please.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:When I was at the dermatologist office to get my melanoma biopsied,  I mentioned to him that I had a skin tag on the back of my leg I would like to get removed.
If you don't know what the term "skin tag" means that's what these little hanging things are called...

More about markels and limbaughs greatest health care system in the world Skin-tag

I just got the bill for having him take a pair of sterile scissors and snip it off.
No that's not a typo.  It's not $3.20.
It's $320

That is flipping absurd. Ridiculous.

Perhaps if you offer cash up front, this doc will give you a discount.

This sounds like a case of a physician's office "upping" charges in order to obtain a higher allowable from insurers. I've read that's been happening over the past couple of years in some hospital emergency departments.

How can this country ever hope to control health care cost when this sort of crap is going on?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

doubtingthomas wrote:Why didn't he just freeze it off? I have had several of those frozen off, one time a doc did about 9 in one session and insurance doesn't pay for it because it's elective, but the cost for 9 was only $75.00

9 for $75 is less than ten clams each. And that crook I went to charged me $320 for one.

If it was up to me we would pass a law that says all these racketeers need to post the prices on the wall in the waiting room.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:When I was at the dermatologist office to get my melanoma biopsied,  I mentioned to him that I had a skin tag on the back of my leg I would like to get removed.

No that's not a typo.  It's not $3.20.
It's $320

My grand daughter cut her finger last month and had to go the Sacred Heart ER. They charged $1200.00 for three stitches.

They don't pay taxes because they are a "not for profit organization" yet the CEO is paid $950,00.00 per year. Not too bad for someone who has virtually no responsibilities.

I wonder what those stitches would have cost if they were out to a make a few bucks?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:

Perhaps if you offer cash up front, this doc will give you a discount.

When I first went there I gave them my insurance card.  I could have gone in as a cash customer but my thinking was that I could be in for some big medical bills before this is over and I wanted to apply the amounts to my insurance deductible.  In hopes of a longshot that once I pass the deductible this "worlds greatest health care system" insurance company would actually start helping me with the bills.

The routine with my insurance company is that I present the card at an in-network provider office.  The provider then submits the charge to the insurance company.  And then I get a statement (what I got today) from the insurance company telling me what the billed amount is and how much they are negotiating the price down for me.  They don't pay anything mind you,  just negotiate the price since I go to in-network providers.

It will then go back to the provider (in this case the dermatologist) and then the provider will bill me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

My grand daughter cut her finger last month and had to go the Sacred Heart ER. They charged $1200.00 for three stitches.

They don't pay taxes because they are a "not for profit organization" yet the CEO is paid $950,00.00 per year. Not too bad for someone who has virtually no responsibilities.

I wonder what those stitches would have cost if they were out to a make a few bucks?

Oh lord now I shudder to think what my stitches will cost.

The statements I got today were for services perfomed during my first visit to the dermatolgist.

$427 for him to take a skin sample for the biopsy
$320 for him to remove the skin tag

I still don't know what the cost of the office visit is or what the bill from the pathology lab will be to analyze the biopsy tissue.

After that I went back for the tumor removal and received about a dozen stitches.
If three stitches costs $1200 then I guess 12 of them will cost me $4800,  who knows. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle and Limbaugh got it partly right. It is "the greatest" allright.

But what it is is "the greatest ripoff in the history of the world". lol

Watcher

Watcher

Bob wrote:Markle and Limbaugh got it partly right.  It is "the greatest" allright.

But what it is is "the greatest ripoff in the history of the world".  lol

We have one of the shittiest systems in the world. At least with Obamacare coming up on the table, people may have a chance to keep themselves alive, no thanks to Republicans who've voted 33 times and spent millions to try and strike it down.

Yella

Yella

Watcher wrote:
Bob wrote:Markle and Limbaugh got it partly right.  It is "the greatest" allright.

But what it is is "the greatest ripoff in the history of the world".  lol

We have one of the shittiest systems in the world. At least with Obamacare coming up on the table, people may have a chance to keep themselves alive, no thanks to Republicans who've voted 33 times and spent millions to try and strike it down.

Republicans in Congress don't like Obamacare because their puppet masters of the Healthcare Industry don't like it since they can't make obscene profits from it. Pharmaceuticals, ditto. So they have millions to pay our Congress people for their votes which is nothing compared to the millions in profits they are taking from sick or injured Americans every day.

Bob wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:Why didn't he just freeze it off? I have had several of those frozen off, one time a doc did about 9 in one session and insurance doesn't pay for it because it's elective, but the cost for 9 was only $75.00

9 for $75 is less than ten clams each.  And that crook I went to charged me $320 for one.

If it was up to me we would pass a law that says all these racketeers need to post the prices on the wall in the waiting room.

When I had my toenail removed the first time I went the Dr. clipped the toenail w/ a pair of clippers and charged $400 and something dollars.

Watcher

Watcher

Dreamsglore wrote:
Bob wrote:

9 for $75 is less than ten clams each.  And that crook I went to charged me $320 for one.

When I had my toenail removed the first time I went the Dr. clipped the toenail w/ a pair of clippers and charged $400 and something dollars.

Where's the vomit emoticon?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was just told something which shocks me.
A friend who is also a patient at the Sacred Heart Oncology Group told me
she got in a conversation with one of the oncologist's nurses, actually a physician's assistant. And this person told her she doesn't have a health insurance benefit with her employment.

Can that be true? That nurses working at the largest and most profitable medical outfit in Northwest Florida doesn't don't have health insurance with that outfit?

also p.s. to yella. For stitches and other minor injuries it's less expensive to go to a walk-in medical clinic than going to an ER.

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I was just told something which shocks me.
she got in a conversation with one of the oncologist's nurses,  actually a physician's assistant.  And this person told her she doesn't have a health insurance benefit with her employment.

Can that be true?  That nurses working at the largest and most profitable medical outfit in Northwest Florida doesn't don't have health insurance with that outfit?

also p.s. to yella.   For stitches and other minor injuries it's less expensive to go to a walk-in medical clinic than going to an ER.

Of course its true. Do you really think the bosses of the hospital are going squander any of the incredible wealth they are paid to help pay for hospitalization for any employee? Those folks have the mercenary instincts of Attila the Hun. Still,its all we got so we must thank the good Lord that it is a "not for profit" organization. They need those big bucks. Have you priced large yachts lately?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

Of course its true. Do you really think the bosses of the hospital are going squander any of the incredible wealth they are paid to help pay for hospitalization for any employee? Those folks have the mercenary instincts of Attila the Hun. Still,its all we got so we must thank the good Lord that it is a "not for profit" organization. They need those big bucks. Have you priced large yachts lately?

If I was in the shithouse, I'd prefer the rat be in front of me than one of them.

More about markels and limbaughs greatest health care system in the world Th?id=H.4687820467536780&pid=1

Yeah the price of my prescribed meds doubled in January... Obamacare is such a great system... Thanks a lot.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle wrote:

Yeah the price of my prescribed meds doubled in January... Obamacare is such a great system... Thanks a lot.

All Obamacare did was to put more people into the current system (the "greatest" one). It didn't focus on the costs which is the real boogeyman.
But I paid attention to the republican "solutions". And those didn't have the guts to deal with the real problem either, markel.
They're all bought off by the rackets.

Bob wrote:Chrissy,  if you ever again post another goddamn thing about how those fucking doctors you worship have such a raw deal,  I'm gonna cuss you out.

bob, I really just don't give a fuck.

I hope all you mother fuckers get dumb ass people like that jeanene girl on the Zimmerman trial removing and handling all your healthcare needs for $4.95 a pop.

Bob wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

All Obamacare did was to put more people into the current system (the "greatest" one).  It  didn't focus on the costs which is the real boogeyman.

More about markels and limbaughs greatest health care system in the world Th?id=H.4801344951550921&pid=1

That's not what he promised...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiYUVdwoHu4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3ywn0Mq1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g18BZnMgCY

If the costs continue to skyrocket with your greatest health care system in the world 'Obamacare' then what good is it?

By the way. If this new health care system is so great then require that big business comply with the original proposed deadline... It should be interesting watching the prices at Wally World and other big businesses double and triple to meet your demands.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_3P8yffABE

Smile

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Bob wrote:I was just told something which shocks me.
she got in a conversation with one of the oncologist's nurses,  actually a physician's assistant.  And this person told her she doesn't have a health insurance benefit with her employment.

Can that be true?  That nurses working at the largest and most profitable medical outfit in Northwest Florida doesn't don't have health insurance with that outfit?

also p.s. to yella.   For stitches and other minor injuries it's less expensive to go to a walk-in medical clinic than going to an ER.

It's true, Bob, if this nurse or PA is classified as a PRN (as-needed) employee or is filling a defined part-time slot.

As I've written here before, I knew a PRN nurse at my prior employer who worked over eighty hours in two weeks consistently for over eight months. Because she was classified as a PRN "contract employee" (even though she was actually an employee of the corporation), she was not eligible for benefits. She eventually found another position in the corporation that was classified as full time.

I know of another nurse who was directly hired on a specific unit at a local facility on a supposed contract basis. His contract guaranteed him 29 hours per week. The admin who set this up told me we could then "use him as much as he wants to work, but we still won't have to give him benefits."

Her words made me feel sick inside, and angry.

I would like to see all local nurses band together, form their own corporation, obtain group insurance for all the nurses (including making insurance available to part-timers at a pro-rated price), and then lease their services to local hospitals under a contract designed by the nurses. It's not a union, but it's the next best thing.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Also, it could be that the nurse in question declined the insurance offered by the hospital.

I had insurance for the past year as a full-time employee of a local facility. The insurance turned out to be so bad that I was left with some major co-pays I wasn't told about, even though I checked with the benefits department prior to having certain tests done. The benefits department told me the tests were covered. They weren't.

Furthermore, in order to use that insurance policy, all health care treatment had to be obtained through one specific hospital system. Getting care anywhere else (except for primary care physicians) resulted in huge co-pays.

Let's say an employee was in Tallahassee visiting family members. That person has a stroke, and is hospitalized at Tallahassee Memorial for several days. The co-pay for that treatment could bankrupt that person.

I mention this because that is the specific question I asked the insurance rep. when I signed up for the policy. His response was, "I'm sorry, but yes, that's just the way it is this year. I know it's not optimal."

Bob, I won't mention the name of the hospital system, but suffice to say it is huge. One of their chief bragging points is how much they care for their employees.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum