Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mayor, Fred Levin, Shirley Cronley et al want a Pensacola Sports Museum

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013306280026

WTH??? So a "Star-studded event" is organized for 350 people at $250/plate, plus a silent auction. So far, so good. And where should such a tribute to our local athletes be located? Why, naturally on the first floor of the old courthouse which is currently occupied by Artel Gallery, because where else is there?

I'm all for a sports museum...really am...there are many local athletes who deserve recognition in the community. But that space is already occupied.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I think a Sports Museum for our local athletes is a great idea. We have so many from this area ....I hope it doesn't end up at the stadium.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I think it's a great idea, too.  I just think it's typically presumptuous of the usual suspects to push a plan for the space occupied by Artel.  It makes me wonder whether Cronley, Levin, et al have even discussed this with the gallery before the PNJ published the obvious puff pieces...there's another one on the cover of the sports section from the same day...June 28..."Legendary Night."  

I've only been here since '79, and I don't know how long you've been here, but I'm sure you've witnessed the same succession of what I can only call stupid decisions by our "leaders."

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:I think it's a great idea, too.  I just think it's typically presumptuous of the usual suspects to push a plan for the space occupied by Artel.  It makes me wonder whether Cronley, Levin, et al have even discussed this with the gallery before the PNJ published the obvious puff pieces...there's another one on the cover of the sports section from the same day...June 28..."Legendary Night."    

I've only been here since '79, and I don't know how long you've been here, but I'm sure you've witnessed the same succession of what I can only call stupid decisions by our "leaders."

FT, I'm a native. In my opinion, stupid decisions that have been made by leaders, always seem to benefit the leader....either directly or indirectly. We have very selfish and self-serving leadership.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum