Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Horrifying Airshow Crash Caught on Tape 6/22/13

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2013 Dayton Airshow. Two dead.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan

Nekochan

My hubby said, just from watching the video, that it appears to be pilot error.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Yup. After following about 50 helicopter crashes over the years I flew in the USMC, I came to the conclusion that 90% of all aircraft mishaps are due to pilot error. Another 5% are due to mechanical problems where the pilot responded wrong and crashed anyway. About 5% of mishaps are due to mechanical failure where recovery is not possible.

Though I feel for the pilot and the woman wing-walker, their fate was inevitable. I mean, low-altitude stunt-flying/wing-walking are just stupid. It is dangerous enough riding in the open cockpit of one of those old planes. At least she was able to give one last wave to the crowd before the plane hit the ground. Then, you hope that the impact killed them both before the post-crash fire consumed their remains.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Nekochan

Nekochan

Hubby says the same thing...almost all crashes are due to pilot error.  There was an accident in his squadron way back years ago that was not pilot error.  The tailhook broke when landing on the carrier and the plane went right off the side of the ship.  All crew members survived, thankfully.  Pilot had a broken back, but recovered.

Last edited by Nekochan on 6/23/2013, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Women walks on wing for the last time.

next story

Wallenda walks on wire across Grand Canyon at 7PM on Discovery Channel.

Question: Will Wallenda meet the same fate as the wing walker?

Stay tuned.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

By the way,  Wallenda will be about 1500 feet above the Canyon floor.
In other words about the same height as the Empire State Building.
Which is maybe even HIGHER than the wing walker was when walking the wing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum