Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday. But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing.

+4
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I was at an estate sale.  They lined us up in the backyard overlooking the bayou.
We could see this phenomenal house not far away.  It's at the end of Laura Lane. I took this photo of it.
That's downtown P'Cola you see in the far off distance across the Bay.

I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday.  But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing. Falbea10

I did a little googling and discovered that this house has 14 bedrooms and 18 baths and is 20,673 square feet in size.  And the lot it's on is 83,000 square feet in size. Zillow now values it at $5.7 million.

So I got to wondering if this is the most valuable house in our area. 
Well no it's not.

Fred Levin's house has a zillow value of $6.48 million.  But according to Zillow,  it only has 11,000 square feet and 4 bedrooms and 6 1/2 baths.
And his lot is 86,000 square feet.

Here it is...

I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday.  But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing. 15_col10

and the lot...

I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday.  But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing. Colley10

BUT,  the house that sits right on Deer Pt in Gulf Breeze (which is Fred's neighbor) beats em all.
Zillow values it at $9.75 million and says the lot is a whopping 178,000 square feet in size and the house is 15,790 square feet.  But it too has only 4 bedrooms and 6 baths.

I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday.  But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing. 513_de10

I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday.  But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing. Deer_p10

Interestingly the Laura Lane house now valued at almost $6 million sold for $550,000 in 1993.
And the Deer Point house now valued at almost $10 million sold for $975,000 in 2001.  That is if the Zillow info is correct.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I can tell you this.  If any of these three houses were in California on similiar real estate  they would be valued at upwards of a hundred million dollars.

Nekochan

Nekochan

That's a great lot that the last house sits on.  The house is odd looking though.
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Zillow.  Especially on these multi million dollar homes.  The problem at this price level is that there are not a whole lot of comparable houses being sold to compare them with.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Zillow.  Especially on these multi million dollar homes.  The problem at this price level is that there are not a whole lot of comparable houses being sold to compare them with.

Very true,  Zillow always needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  But it does give us some vague idea of how the other half (actually the other 0.000001%) is living.  lol

But the thing that puzzles me is a house with 14 bedrooms and 18 bathrooms when the other two houses have barely nothing in the way of that in comparison.  
If I was the other two owners, I'd get to work adding more bedrooms and bathrooms just to keep up with the Joneses.  lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

Why would you need 4 more baths than bedrooms?  I can see a couple of powder rooms in a house that size but not 4 more bathrooms than bedrooms.  
I never like any of these crazy big beach houses I see.  Just too much, too big.  And I don't like the style of most of them.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday.  But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing. Teos10

Teos trailer..Not quite 25k

2seaoat

Teos trailer..Not quite 25k

but the underground bunker......priceless.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday.  But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing. Teos10

Teos trailer..Not quite 25k               Where's the pool?

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL, Seaoat...it's not what you can see, it's what you can't see!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That 178,000 sq ft lot is equivalent to 4 acres. I cannot even fathom owning 4 acres of the most prime real estate in our area.

Here's a lousy 2 acre lot (half the size of the Deer Pt. lot) in Malibu without even a house to go with it. Price? $25 million clams.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/30732-Broad-Beach-Rd-Malibu-CA-90265/2116274465_zpid/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Lurch wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday.  But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing. Teos10

Teos trailer..Not quite 25k               Where's the pool?

I haven't inflated it yet...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yea the "house" may be worth only $25k. But he aint telling you how much his helicopter cost that he took the picture from. lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

My style would be more like--Frank Lloyd Wright on the beach.  The showcase of this kind of lot is the lot itself.  The house should blend in with the lot.  Probably not so easy to do on a flat piece of land with no trees.  But if I had $10 million, I'd work on it or find someone to work on it for me.  When I see these pictures of the beach houses, I see big ugly houses on beautiful lots.  Actually, they don't even look like houses.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Actually, on second look those lots have a few more trees than I thought.  Just couldn't tell so much with the big ugly houses.

2seaoat

Some of the best time I have spent on the beach has been in a simple block slab ranch barely 900 feet. I have been in some fancy beach penthouses, but some of my memories going over to Panama City in basically beach wood sheds with barebone facilities........my brother built his 13k mansion on the mountain with an elevator and spent 75k on the projector in his theater......insane......but folks who have made a great deal of money try to keep up with other people who have made a great deal of money......and one day they wake up from the trance......and realize that the simple beach block home.....had it all.

Bob wrote:Yea the "house" may be worth only $25k.  But he aint telling you how much his helicopter cost that he took the picture from.  lol                                                                                                                                                                  Teo has a Drone.. 

2seaoat

Teo has a Drone..

It is the ICBM tube which has the North Koreans worried......that portable inflatable pool moves........and Kim calls Rodman for help.......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If I want a snack in the middle of the night, my kitchen is about ten steps from my bedroom. I don't want a 10,000 square foot house with the kitchen fifty yards away from the bedroom. I also don't want the $120,000 annual property tax bill on that Deer Pt. house. Or the utility bills.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I agree Seaoat, about the simple houses. If I had 10 million, I'd build something a little larger than 900 sq ft, but not so large that my family could spend a week with me and we'd never see each other.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:I agree Seaoat, about the simple houses. If I had 10 million, I'd build something a little larger than 900 sq ft, but not so large that my family could spend a week with me and we'd never see each other.

Hey my family can come see me...they can pitch tents...

Nekochan

Nekochan

Yep, Bob, lol.
Our house here is really too big for the two of us. When the kids have both been here, along with my mother in law, it wasn't so big.  But it wasn't bad, either.  The main thing, we could have used another bathroom.   But it wasn't bad.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sometimes, Teo, you might not want to make it "too comfortable" for some people!
If you're the crazy guy in the woods....they leave you alone.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:Sometimes, Teo, you might not want to make it "too comfortable" for some people!
If you're the crazy guy in the woods....they leave you alone.

Don't blow my cover...I walked out to my fence the other day and a police car coming down the road saw me did a quick 3 point and left in a hurry....He probably just got a call...LOL

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:If I want a snack in the middle of the night, my kitchen is about ten steps from my bedroom.  I don't want a 10,000 square foot house with the kitchen fifty yards away from the bedroom.  I also don't want the $120,000 annual property tax bill on that Deer Pt. house.  Or the utility bills.  

They have servants to go the 50-yards and fetch their snacks for them.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Nekochan wrote:Why would you need 4 more baths than bedrooms?  I can see a couple of powder rooms in a house that size but not 4 more bathrooms than bedrooms.  
I never like any of these crazy big beach houses I see.  Just too much, too big.  And I don't like the style of most of them.

There is probably a large recreation room with wet bar, another off the pool area, one in the office, one near the living and dining rooms, one out by the tennis courts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum