This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I happened onto an amazing house in Gulf Breeze yesterday. But a little googling tells me it aint the most amazing.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

I was at an estate sale.  They lined us up in the backyard overlooking the bayou.
We could see this phenomenal house not far away.  It's at the end of Laura Lane. I took this photo of it.
That's downtown P'Cola you see in the far off distance across the Bay.

I did a little googling and discovered that this house has 14 bedrooms and 18 baths and is 20,673 square feet in size.  And the lot it's on is 83,000 square feet in size. Zillow now values it at $5.7 million.

So I got to wondering if this is the most valuable house in our area. 
Well no it's not.

Fred Levin's house has a zillow value of $6.48 million.  But according to Zillow,  it only has 11,000 square feet and 4 bedrooms and 6 1/2 baths.
And his lot is 86,000 square feet.

Here it is...

and the lot...

BUT,  the house that sits right on Deer Pt in Gulf Breeze (which is Fred's neighbor) beats em all.
Zillow values it at $9.75 million and says the lot is a whopping 178,000 square feet in size and the house is 15,790 square feet.  But it too has only 4 bedrooms and 6 baths.

Interestingly the Laura Lane house now valued at almost $6 million sold for $550,000 in 1993.
And the Deer Point house now valued at almost $10 million sold for $975,000 in 2001.  That is if the Zillow info is correct.

View user profile
I can tell you this.  If any of these three houses were in California on similiar real estate  they would be valued at upwards of a hundred million dollars.

View user profile
That's a great lot that the last house sits on.  The house is odd looking though.
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Zillow.  Especially on these multi million dollar homes.  The problem at this price level is that there are not a whole lot of comparable houses being sold to compare them with.

View user profile
Nekochan wrote:
I wouldn't put a lot of faith in Zillow.  Especially on these multi million dollar homes.  The problem at this price level is that there are not a whole lot of comparable houses being sold to compare them with.

Very true,  Zillow always needs to be taken with a grain of salt.  But it does give us some vague idea of how the other half (actually the other 0.000001%) is living.  lol

But the thing that puzzles me is a house with 14 bedrooms and 18 bathrooms when the other two houses have barely nothing in the way of that in comparison.  
If I was the other two owners, I'd get to work adding more bedrooms and bathrooms just to keep up with the Joneses.  lol

View user profile
Why would you need 4 more baths than bedrooms?  I can see a couple of powder rooms in a house that size but not 4 more bathrooms than bedrooms.  
I never like any of these crazy big beach houses I see.  Just too much, too big.  And I don't like the style of most of them.

View user profile

Teos trailer..Not quite 25k

View user profile
Teos trailer..Not quite 25k

but the underground bunker......priceless.

View user profile

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Teos trailer..Not quite 25k               Where's the pool?

LOL, Seaoat...it's not what you can see, it's what you can't see!

View user profile
That 178,000 sq ft lot is equivalent to 4 acres. I cannot even fathom owning 4 acres of the most prime real estate in our area.

Here's a lousy 2 acre lot (half the size of the Deer Pt. lot) in Malibu without even a house to go with it. Price? $25 million clams.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/30732-Broad-Beach-Rd-Malibu-CA-90265/2116274465_zpid/

View user profile
Lurch wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Teos trailer..Not quite 25k               Where's the pool?

I haven't inflated it yet...

View user profile
Yea the "house" may be worth only $25k. But he aint telling you how much his helicopter cost that he took the picture from. lol

View user profile
My style would be more like--Frank Lloyd Wright on the beach.  The showcase of this kind of lot is the lot itself.  The house should blend in with the lot.  Probably not so easy to do on a flat piece of land with no trees.  But if I had $10 million, I'd work on it or find someone to work on it for me.  When I see these pictures of the beach houses, I see big ugly houses on beautiful lots.  Actually, they don't even look like houses.

View user profile
Actually, on second look those lots have a few more trees than I thought.  Just couldn't tell so much with the big ugly houses.

View user profile
Some of the best time I have spent on the beach has been in a simple block slab ranch barely 900 feet. I have been in some fancy beach penthouses, but some of my memories going over to Panama City in basically beach wood sheds with barebone facilities........my brother built his 13k mansion on the mountain with an elevator and spent 75k on the projector in his theater......insane......but folks who have made a great deal of money try to keep up with other people who have made a great deal of money......and one day they wake up from the trance......and realize that the simple beach block home.....had it all.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum