Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pussified country makes big deal out of harmless prank,,,innocent man may go to jail for 6 years...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-disneyland-explosions-20130530,0,6154787.story

Orange County prosecutors charged a 22-year-old Disneyland employee
Thursday with possessing a destructive device in a public place in
connection with two "dry ice" bomb blasts in the theme park's Toontown
area.

If convicted, Christian Barnes faces a maximum sentence of
six years in state prison. He is being held in lieu of $500,000 bail,
half of what he was held on when he was first booked by Anaheim police
investigators.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I been there they have fireworks every night that shake the whole place...what a load of BS.

Big, big difference. The fireworks are controlled by professional pyrotechnical experts whereas, an amateur set off the dry ice bombs in a public area where chances of injury are much higher.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Big, big difference. The fireworks are controlled by professional pyrotechnical experts whereas, an amateur set off the dry ice bombs in a public area where chances of injury are much higher.

dry ice BOMBS ?...it's not much more than a balloon busting....all this hyperbole in our language is out of control....It is by design though, how you going to build an authoritarian police state without terrorists everywhere...the prison industrial complex must need lots of cheap labor...

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Big, big difference. The fireworks are controlled by professional pyrotechnical experts whereas, an amateur set off the dry ice bombs in a public area where chances of injury are much higher.

dry ice BOMBS ?...it's not much more than a balloon busting....all this hyperbole in our language is out of control....It is by design though, how you going to build an authoritarian police state without terrorists everywhere...the prison industrial complex must need lots of cheap labor...

Obviously most states do not think that it is like a balloon bursting since they have laws against them. Under certain circumstances a dry ice bomb can cause serious injury or even death.

I'm not saying that the bond is not excessive because I do believe that it is and a possible 6 year prison sentence is also excessive. However, the laws of the state still apply and he should not go unpunished. As the old saying goes, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

An M80 is far more powerful...this is really just another show for the sheep...looknsheepies you need protection from all the BOMBS everywhere...stupid just plain stupid

2seaoat

We have lost our minds......million dollar bonds and six year sentences for a stupid prank.......STUPID.....now means intent to harm and we need a big tow truck to come into this country and yank some of the BS out of the statutes and give back discretion to judges.....which because in the police state we are heading.....the folks in control did not want common sense to enter into the picture.....so mandatory sentencing and insanity have taken over the world.

I was playing poker with a veteran of the Iraq war who was a SGT. in a security unit. He goes to the convenient store and to pick up some gas and a lottery ticket when at the entrance of the store this robber with a knife confronts him and asks for his wallet.......the SGT. proceeds to break his arm and literally shatter the arm in a couple places as he takes the knife away. The police arrest the robber and he gets a three year sentence for armed robbery. A lawyer files an excessive force civil complaint against the SGT. seeking medical bills, and permanent damage to the arm..........the day of the trial the judge was substituted. The new judge hears the preliminary trial motions before selecting the jury.......and turns to the Plaintiffs lawyer and says...".you are filing a lawsuit against a veteran who defended himself from an armed robbery is that correct"

yes it is

Case dismissed.........the other lawyer said judge I object.....you cannot do this at this point.........

Well we will make this simple......sir how much do you make an hour....how many hours did you miss today.....ok.....I will round if off to $500 which the attorney for the Plaintiff will pay as sanctions.......

sir you cannot do this........

You are right counsel.......it was not enough.........an additional $1,000 sanction on the Plaintiff's attorney to be paid to the defendant, and the next word out your mouth sir, you will be found in contempt of court......

The man was paid $1,500 from the Plaintiff's attorney and he said the lawyer's face turned white and he did not say another word......he got a check from the lawyer, and his lawyer told him that the judge was an Iraq war veteran officer, who the chief judge had assigned to the case that morning, and that if that lawyer opened his mouth one more time....he was going to jail on contempt.......and that everybody knew he would do what he said.

Today those who have created the police state do not want judicial discretion......they want to just grind up Americans and make them submissive puppy dogs.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:We have lost our minds......million dollar bonds and six year sentences for a stupid prank.......STUPID.....now means intent to harm and we need a big tow truck to come into this country and yank some of the BS out of the statutes and give back discretion to judges.....which because in the police state we are heading.....the folks in control did not want common sense to enter into the picture.....so mandatory sentencing and insanity have taken over the world.

I was playing poker with a veteran of the Iraq war who was a SGT. in a security unit. He goes to the convenient store and to pick up some gas and a lottery ticket when at the entrance of the store this robber with a knife confronts him and asks for his wallet.......the SGT. proceeds to break his arm and literally shatter the arm in a couple places as he takes the knife away. The police arrest the robber and he gets a three year sentence for armed robbery. A lawyer files an excessive force civil complaint against the SGT. seeking medical bills, and permanent damage to the arm..........the day of the trial the judge was substituted. The new judge hears the preliminary trial motions before selecting the jury.......and turns to the Plaintiffs lawyer and says...".you are filing a lawsuit against a veteran who defended himself from an armed robbery is that correct"

yes it is

Case dismissed.........the other lawyer said judge I object.....you cannot do this at this point.........

Well we will make this simple......sir how much do you make an hour....how many hours did you miss today.....ok.....I will round if off to $500 which the attorney for the Plaintiff will pay as sanctions.......

sir you cannot do this........

You are right counsel.......it was not enough.........an additional $1,000 sanction on the Plaintiff's attorney to be paid to the defendant, and the next word out your mouth sir, you will be found in contempt of court......

The man was paid $1,500 from the Plaintiff's attorney and he said the lawyer's face turned white and he did not say another word......he got a check from the lawyer, and his lawyer told him that the judge was an Iraq war veteran officer, who the chief judge had assigned to the case that morning, and that if that lawyer opened his mouth one more time....he was going to jail on contempt.......and that everybody knew he would do what he said.

Today those who have created the police state do not want judicial discretion......they want to just grind up Americans and make them submissive puppy dogs.

Love this story!

On the Disney prank...I think the bond is excessive but I don't think it was a totally innocent prank, either.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Of course it was an innocent prank. If it wasn't you are left with two other. Possibilies , he's terrorist that can't get good bomb materials or he was stupid had a lapse in judgement and should be warned and let go. No victims. No crime.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Of course it was an innocent prank. If it wasn't you are left with two other. Possibilies , he's terrorist that can't get good bomb materials or he was stupid had a lapse in judgement and should be warned and let go. No victims. No crime.

I think there are more options than letting him go or locking him up and throwing away the key.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Of course it was an innocent prank. If it wasn't you are left with two other. Possibilies , he's terrorist that can't get good bomb materials or he was stupid had a lapse in judgement and should be warned and let go. No victims. No crime.

So you are saying that there is no such thing as a victimless crime?

Nekochan

Nekochan

They had to evacuate the park. And no, I don't think it was an over-reaction on Disney's part in evacuating the park. They cannot risk the safety of the visitors. Of course there were victims....the victims weren't physically injured but they paid good money to go to the park that day. And this dumbass idiot ruined their day. What if you planned for weeks to take your kids or grandkids to Disney that day and this dumbass ruined it for you and your kids? I'd be pretty mad at him if I had been there that day. No, he needs more than a warning, but less than 6 years locked up.
It also cost Disney money. No telling how much it cost Disney.

2seaoat

It also cost Disney money. No telling how much it cost Disney.

Agree that Disney would certainly have a civil cause of action, but a loud noise to a huge explosion is a spectrum that the typical kid playing with dry ice and plastic bottles simply does not understand how loud the sound can be.......I just have a problem that a kids life can be destroyed over something so innocent and harmless.....yes, there most certainly were risks with dry ice and plastic bottles, but the intent was not to hurt anybody....it appears it was just to do it and make a big noise......he made too big of a noise, and this is simply a massive over reaction.....I hope common sense will factor into this process, but it is the weight of this growing monster we have created which is simply crushing people with over reaction is far more dangerous than juvenile pranks.

Nekochan

Nekochan

He's a 22 year old soft drink vendor. He's not a juvenile. Do you think Disney really wants to take him to civil court--and to recover what in damages? Disney doesn't want to take him to court--they want this kind of thing to be stopped. If you treat it like it's nothing, it's no big deal, you're just asking for more of the same, and maybe even worse.

I think this is a little more serious than you think it is. He could have really hurt someone. We're not talking about a goofy 15 year old minor. This guy is a grown man and he knew what he was doing. I think a couple of months in jail would be in order. He shouldn't be treated like a murderer, but he should get more than a warning.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

That why i said pussified back when I was growing up this would have been nothing but a chuckle and soon forgotten. Bunch of little rabbits scared of your shadows.

Pussified country makes big deal out of harmless prank,,,innocent man may go to jail for 6 years... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHCbnM8rouFikxfWFOxJewLxGQ7Vn2oIcaJo1CsQgUN9xShVI-

Note to self... Don't eat beans when going to Disney Land or Disney World.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gQb7gZ0aIw

Laughing

Markle

Markle

ANYONE so STUPID as to set off any sort of explosive device, in any populated area, especially one catering to children, after the Boston Marathon Bombing deserves a million dollar bond and at least SIX YEARS in prison for their own good. For sheer STUPIDITY. Keep them from hurting themselves and others.

Nekochan

Nekochan

He needs to spend a some time in jail. I don't think 6 years, but certainly more than just a warning. This is a grown man who set off an explosive in a crowded park. This was a potentially dangerous criminal act, not an innocent prank.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:That why i said pussified back when I was growing up this would have been nothing but a chuckle and soon forgotten. Bunch of little rabbits scared of your shadows.

You are a certifiable lunatic. Your insane fears are two numerous to even be considered plausible, and you think that only pussies would react to that childish widdle bottle bomb go boom boom...?

Ask a combat veteran who has just returned from his 3rd or 4th tour in Iraq/Afghanistan why he dove for cover when that silly harmless prank triggered his PTSD.

Endangered Feces wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:That why i said pussified back when I was growing up this would have been nothing but a chuckle and soon forgotten. Bunch of little rabbits scared of your shadows.

You are a certifiable lunatic. Your insane fears are two numerous to even be considered plausible, and you think that only pussies would react to that childish widdle bottle bomb go boom boom...?

Ask a combat veteran who has just returned from his 3rd or 4th tour in Iraq/Afghanistan why he dove for cover when that silly harmless prank triggered his PTSD.

Pussified country makes big deal out of harmless prank,,,innocent man may go to jail for 6 years... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOXLfY5bKGxK8kPTqKZiQ9jSsh4PfQaaEV5kuX8Lqhvhn58fwM

Just because a veteran dives for cover when there's a loud bang does not mean they have PTSD moron.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Endangered Feces wrote:

Pussified country makes big deal out of harmless prank,,,innocent man may go to jail for 6 years... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOXLfY5bKGxK8kPTqKZiQ9jSsh4PfQaaEV5kuX8Lqhvhn58fwM

Just because a veteran dives for cover when there's a loud bang does not mean they have PTSD moron.

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

Fuck you.

Bill wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Endangered Feces wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

Fuck you.

Pussified country makes big deal out of harmless prank,,,innocent man may go to jail for 6 years... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyuAwqz6XpK32QPrnNCgnalj3HXkkffaTT3yJ4Xrc9CX0Ypya5GQ

You wouldn't like it I bite!

*****ROFLMAO*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nWy8pmIM4

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum