Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rachel Maddow on the Right Wing's Mainstreaming of Alex Jones

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Thirteen minutes, but well worth your time ...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I haven't watched the video. But I don't have to because I know more about this than she does because I absorb a lot more of the right-wing media than she does (I know this because trust me she doesn't have the time to devote to it that I do).

The mainstream right-wing media, which includes Fox News, the republican radio talk hosts (limbaugh, hannity, levin, etc), and the high traffic right-wing websites like worldnet daily and free republic and the rest, despise Alex Jones. They despise Jones because they despise the 9/11 tinfoilers and Jones is the guru of 9/11 tinfoilers.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense can figure that one out. Jones and the tinfoilers say Bush/Cheney/neocons/military contractors etc. blew up the World Trade Center and blamed it on innocent muslims so they could gin up support for the invasion of Iraq.
And of course since right-wing republicans love bush/cheney/neocons/military contractors, it's like a knife shoved into their hearts to hear someone say all those are traiterous murderers.

The only tv news outfit which has given Alex Jones mainstream publicity is CNN with that Piers Morgan interview. The right-wing mainstream has made him out to be worse than satan.

Sal

Sal

Wrong.

Watch the video.

It's pretty good.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've now watched the whole 14 minutes, Sal. And this is probably the best example I have ever observed to help me explain why I have no use for either the republican media OR the democrat media. All this does is make me very very skeptical of anything Rachel Maddow will ever tell her audience. It is the most incorrect and misleading commentary I have ever witnessed. It's the democrat media version of Hannity.

In her report, she quotes a Drudge tweet: "privately told friends this would be the year of Alex Jones. Never met or talked with the man. But one helluva broadcast in such homogenized media".

The key to that quote is "homogenized media". Drudge is a compiler of sensationalist tabloid headlines same as Jones. In other words, the "non-homogenized" media.
What Drudge is saying in that quote would be akin to Hulk Hogan saying 'attaboy' to a fellow wrastler. Means nothing.

With only that meaningless quote, Maddow spends 14 minutes trying to plant in the minds of the audience that virtually the whole of the mainstream right-wing media is now embracing Jones and the tinfoilers.
And she ends with: "where are the countervailing forces on the right if there are any".

The answer to her question is, the "countervailing forces on the right" are virtually the whole entire mainstream right-wing media.
Every single host on Fox News always has and still does make a blanket condemnation of everything Alex Jones and tinfoilers stand for.
And so do Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin and every other mainstream right-wing radio host.
And so does freeper and worldnet daily and every other mainstream right-wing website.
They all have always been the biggest critics of Jones and anything that has to do with conspiracy. And nothing has changed about that.

The message she gave her audience is total bullshit pure and simple. And anyone here who actually watches Fox News or listens to mainstream talk radio or reads the mainstream right-wing websites will confirm that.

If there's anything the republican and democrat mainstream agree on, and that inclues both the politicians and the media, it's their condemnation of anything which has to do with conspiracy theories. In fact it is probably the only thing they all agree on.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Watching that video is so reminiscent of the times I've had personal familiarity with a report in the local newspaper or on local television. And when that report gets the story all wrong, I then have to really wonder about all the other stuff coming out of that newspaper that I don't have the same familiarity with.

This is exactly the same. Because I have a lot of familiarity with what she's commenting on, and because she obviously doesn't know shit about what she's running her mouth about (probably relying on a tv segment producer who has no more knowledge of this than she does), I now have to REALLY start wondering about everything she tells us, especially when I have no familiarity with the content.

Sal

Sal

Really?

Because in the past week we've been treated to Rush blaming the bombers on libruls, Drudge saying the terrorism was caused by food stamps and welfare, FAUX News smearing Keith Ellison, and Chris Wallace calling for the FBI to infiltrate the Muslim community.

The whole thing is an effort to pour fuel on the islamaphobic fire.

And, Alex was the spark.

But, you're already on that.

Amarite?

Sal wrote:Thirteen minutes, but well worth your time ...

Maddow=left wing lesbian mouthpiece for the COWH. She is about as reliable as Dream's FACTCHECK.

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Maddow=left wing lesbian mouthpiece for the COWH. She is about as reliable as Dream's FACTCHECK.

What does her sexuality have to do with it, bigot?

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

It's too bad she doesn't broadcast from a location that an ISR asset is CAPing. A Reaper ought to shut her up for good.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

It's too bad she doesn't broadcast from a location that an ISR asset is CAPing. A Reaper ought to shut her up for good.

Bold words GI.

Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Forgive him Sal. He's just pissed that her partner is better looking than his wife.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Sal wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

Let me just wish you the same fate you just wished on her, ASSHOLE.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Really?

Because in the past week we've been treated to Rush blaming the bombers on libruls, Drudge saying the terrorism was caused by food stamps and welfare, FAUX News smearing Keith Ellison, and Chris Wallace calling for the FBI to infiltrate the Muslim community.

And, Alex was the spark.

Amarite?

Please show us your reliable source and link for those statements.

Unquestionably the FBI, and probably some other agencies, have infiltrated the radical Mosques.

As for Muslim Keith Ellison he was a prime example of why relations between the Moderate Muslim Community and the Radical Islamic Terrorists. He refused to make any distinction. He refused to acknowledge that the VAST, over 70% of fatal terrorist attacks worldwide have been committed by Sunni Muslims. That's fact, not fiction.

And, Alex was the spark.

Amarite?

U MAKE AS MUCH SENSE AS A LAST YEAR's BIRD NEST

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And, Alex was the spark.

Amarite?

I couldn't agree more with the part quoted in blue.

But the sentence quoted in red is so wrong it's laughable.
Alex does not blame islam or muslims or chechnyans. Alex doesn't even believe the Tsarnaev brothers did this. Alex is adamant like Alex always is that it was another "false flag".

You're really missing something here and of course so is Maddow. Before the mass shootings and this bombing, Jones had already firmly established himself as a pariah to the right-wing with his claim that their heroes orchestrated 9/11. He was emphatic that Bush, Cheney, the neocons and the military contractors were all a part of it.
I very vividly remember the right-wing reaction to that. Because of it, ALL the Fox News hosts AND ALL the right-wing radio bloviators have always despised him as much as they have ever despised anybody.
And the same goes for all conspiracy types because they were all on the "9/11 was an inside job" bandwagon. Jones was emphatic that Bush, Cheney, the neocons and the military contractors WERE that "inside".
Jesus, the right-wing will get in bed with the commies before they do with Jones. lol

The only thing the right-wing and Jones are finding agreement on is the same thing you democrats, liberals and liberatarians are all of a sudden finding agreement with on this forum. That the government/law enforcement involvement with and reaction to the Boston bombing is shredding the constitution and creating a police state. All you fuckers agree on that and I don't doubt so does Maddow. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is all so fucking ridiculous that it's making my head hurt.
If anyone is "mainstreaming" Jones it's Maddow herself.
All she did was make many people who had never heard of Alex Jones become aware of him. And when she threw that ball to Jones, boy has he just spent the last three and a half hours running with it. His whole goddamn radio show tonight made her the theme of it. lol

I just can't believe how naive you are about all this, Sal.
All these ego-driven pied pipers want is more and bigger audience.
Jones wants it and so does Maddow. And so does everyone in show biz and if you think this is not show biz then you're really naive.
When Maddow rants about Jones, that leads to an increase in audience for Jones. And when Jones rants back at Maddow to his audience, those bozos say to themselves "who in hell is this Maddow person" and tomorrow night they tune in to see who she is.

The only pure show biz (wrastlin) employs exactly the same methods.
In wrastlin they call this the "shoot". The shoot is when one wrastler gets on tv and calls out another wrastler. And then that wrastler gets on tv and does his shoot to rant against the first wrastler.
And the result is self-promotion for both of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum