Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who has used "Red Box"?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Who has used "Red Box"? 8/13/2010, 8:27 pm

I'm told its great.

It sounds cheap but do they have good movies often?

I pay $36 a month for a block buster sub. Not sure I get my monies worth and was thinking of trying Red box.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

2Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 8/13/2010, 9:15 pm

Chrissy8 wrote:I'm told its great.

It sounds cheap but do they have good movies often?

I pay $36 a month for a block buster sub. Not sure I get my monies worth and was thinking of trying Red box.

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have not tried Red Box, but $36.00 an month seems pretty high considering you can get Nexflix for $9.67 a month tax included.

3Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 8/13/2010, 11:33 pm

catfriedlegs

Wow Blockbuster is expensive.
I signed up for Netflix, 2 DVDs out at a time - it was around 15 dollars a month. I'd get my DVDs in the mail, quickly burn copies and if I could I would take them downtown to the Jordan Street post office because they'd get them the next morning and 2 days later I'd have more DVDs. I did this for a month and then canceled. I download a lot of movies online (not through torrents though).

Red Box - I signed up with them for a free rental but never used it. Looks like they don't have much of a big selection, just mostly new releases.

4Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 8/15/2010, 12:25 pm

I use Redbox quite often. For a $1 you can't beat it but the selections are not that great. I don't usually like gory killing movies but I rented "Last House on the Left" last week and it was pretty good.There is a rape scene that is pretty disturbing as well as a stabbing that made me get up and lock all my doors and windows.

5Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 8/15/2010, 12:37 pm

Azadeh wrote:Wow Blockbuster is expensive.
I signed up for Netflix, 2 DVDs out at a time - it was around 15 dollars a month. I'd get my DVDs in the mail, quickly burn copies and if I could I would take them downtown to the Jordan Street post office because they'd get them the next morning and 2 days later I'd have more DVDs. I did this for a month and then canceled. I download a lot of movies online (not through torrents though).

Red Box - I signed up with them for a free rental but never used it. Looks like they don't have much of a big selection, just mostly new releases.

Ive thought about netflix, but my family watches a lot of movies. We are always at the top waiting for new releases.

Az, have you watched "Runnaways" yet..............?

6Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 8/15/2010, 2:27 pm

catfriedlegs

Chrissy8 wrote:

Ive thought about netflix, but my family watches a lot of movies. We are always at the top waiting for new releases.

Yes I watched it a few weeks ago. I downloaded it from somewhere - can't remember. The girl who played Joan Jett was spot on. Pretty good movie. Kim Fowley really creeped me out though.

7Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 8/15/2010, 3:49 pm

Azadeh wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

Yes I watched it a few weeks ago. I downloaded it from somewhere - can't remember. The girl who played Joan Jett was spot on. Pretty good movie. Kim Fowley really creeped me out though.

Did yall know that the woman that played the part of Marie Currie is Elvis Presley's granddaughter. Her name is Riley Keough.

8Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 8/15/2010, 6:52 pm

RetiredAF wrote:
Azadeh wrote:
Chrissy8 wrote:

Did yall know that the woman that played the part of Marie Currie is Elvis Presley's granddaughter. Her name is Riley Keough.

I had no idea. Thanks for the IQ tid bit :-)

9Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 6/24/2012, 12:53 pm

I use it exclusive now. I tried the rest and Redbox seems to satisfy my movies needs very well. You can reserve the movie online and pick it up at a kiosk near you and it does not have to be returned to the same kiosk that you rented it from and all for a buck 20.

10Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 7/6/2012, 8:36 pm

catfriedlegs

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:I use it exclusive now. I tried the rest and Redbox seems to satisfy my movies needs very well. You can reserve the movie online and pick it up at a kiosk near you and it does not have to be returned to the same kiosk that you rented it from and all for a buck 20.

I rented 1 movie from RedBox. I didn't watch it, I just burned it to watch later.
But I still couldn't find anything I wanted to rent. Kids' movies are good though to rent and keep the lil' ones busy. Can't beat that for $1.20.

11Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 7/6/2012, 9:26 pm

It is great. I am registered online and almost weekly they send me a promo code, sometimes for a free rental and sometimes for a discount on the rental. I received a promo code for a 50 cent discount if used by Sunday night. I just went and rented Safe House with Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington for 70 cents.

You can also sign up for an email alert when a new release becomes available.

12Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 7/14/2012, 12:56 pm

no stress

no stress

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:It is great. I am registered online and almost weekly they send me a promo code, sometimes for a free rental and sometimes for a discount on the rental. I received a promo code for a 50 cent discount if used by Sunday night. I just went and rented Safe House with Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington for 70 cents.

You can also sign up for an email alert when a new release becomes available.

Safe House was very good. Also just rented one where the guy Goose from top gun , also the drunk on leaving las vegas (whats that guys name?) anyway his wife gets raped and a vigilante group talks him into letting them take care of the assailant. It gets better from there. Dont rent "The Grey" Thats an hour of your life you'll never get back. Act of Valor was the shizzle. especially the scene where the SEALs are exfilling and their backup boat totally shreds the enemy with mini guns. Freakin awesome!

13Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 7/14/2012, 2:09 pm

Gunz wrote:
Safe House was very good. Also just rented one where the guy Goose from top gun , also the drunk on leaving las vegas (whats that guys name?) anyway his wife gets raped and a vigilante group talks him into letting them take care of the assailant. It gets better from there. Dont rent "The Grey" Thats an hour of your life you'll never get back. Act of Valor was the shizzle. especially the scene where the SEALs are exfilling and their backup boat totally shreds the enemy with mini guns. Freakin awesome!

As I was telling someone else earlier, I am a huge Denzel Washington fan. I liked Safe House but IMO it was not his best to date. I will reserve that title for Remember the Titans. As far as I'm concerned that is the best Denzel Washington movie of all time.

14Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 8/18/2012, 11:24 am

I just watched "Being Flynn" w/ Robert Deniro from redbox and thought that was pretty good.

15Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 9/9/2012, 7:21 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

red box is a communist plot to take over the movie rental industry.
I'd rent a movie from red white and blue box but not just a red box.
Might as well call it the kremlin cinema rentals, ration it, and post an armed guard at the red box.

16Who has used "Red Box"?  Empty Re: Who has used "Red Box"? 9/10/2012, 8:50 pm

[quote="ghandi"]red box is a communist plot to take over the movie rental industry.
I'd rent a movie from red white and blue box but not just a red box.
Might as well call it the kremlin cinema rentals, ration it, and post an armed guard at the red box.[/quote

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum