Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thank god for the cruise ship. It's finally gotten the national tv to get something right about our area for the first time.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll be damned if just about all of them are actually pronouncing it right for the first time ever.
For decades the national tv has pronounced it "MO-bal, Alabama". And finally tonight they're all saying "Mo-BEEL, Alabama" like they should.
I bet Mobilians watching tv are ecstatic.

Sal

Sal

You're lucky, Bob.

You know the tow-line broke this afternoon, and that floating germ factory was drifting toward Pensacola.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:You're lucky, Bob.

You know the tow-line broke this afternoon, and that floating germ factory was drifting toward Pensacola.

Hell I almost drove over to Mobile to see it come in. I chase fire trucks in my spare time and that would have been the ultimate chase. If it had drifted here I'd be down there at studertown right now. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Another real benefit of the cruise ship, Sal. It's bumped all that political nonsense off the cable news channels.
Pray that they can extend this story as long as can be.

Sal wrote:You're lucky, Bob.

That tug looked like the Roland Falgout.. It has a bad rep as a boat that is overrated @ 9,000 HP when it has 4,000 HP and they never did pull much more than 3/4 throttle..Less fuel and more payroll, slower = more hours on towline..... They should have had the Harvey Warhorse and everybody would be home already..

Last edited by Lurch on 2/15/2013, 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:Another real benefit of the cruise ship, Sal. It's bumped all that political nonsense off the cable news channels.
Pray that they can extend this story as long as can be.

I gotta be honest, Bob.

You acts as if it's a revelation to you that the 24/7 entertainment channels are on par with talk radio.

This should be intuitive.

They have way too much time to fill.

Watch the Daily Show, Colbert Report, and read the net.

Leave the rest of it alone

And, I'm dead-fucking serious.

You'll be better informed and enjoy a sunnier outlook on life.

Last edited by Sal on 2/15/2013, 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

But poor Mobile...they are busing all of the passengers out of Mobile as soon as they get off the boat. Makes it sound like Mobile is a hell-hole place to stay. lol.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:But poor Mobile...they are busing all of the passengers out of Mobile as soon as they get off the boat. Makes it sound like Mobile is a hell-hole place to stay. lol.

Ummm ...

.... yeah

My time in the Corps having been attached to Gator Freighters for deployments broke me of any inclination of ever going on a cruise. Of course, this is not the first time these ships have had issues.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Many people are not aware that the "cruise ticket" is a contract. On the back side of the tickets is a statement the by using that ticket, the passenger agrees to NOT sue the cruise line for any cause.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:But poor Mobile...they are busing all of the passengers out of Mobile as soon as they get off the boat. Makes it sound like Mobile is a hell-hole place to stay. lol.

I watched "The Best of Imus" (a compilation of last week's highlights on Imus) this morning.

IMUS: "It even gets worse for those passengers. They're towing the thing into port in Mobile, AL for god's sake. They must think the passengers wanna go to a Klan meeting".

But at least he did pronounce it Mo-BEEL and not MO-bal. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I just submitted the text of that last post to "letters to the editor" in the Press-Register. Let's see if they use it. lol

http://www.al.com/press-register/info.ssf?lettereditor.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lurch wrote:
That tug looked like the Roland Falgout.. It has a bad rep as a boat that is overrated @ 9,000 HP when it has 4,000 HP and they never did pull much more than 3/4 throttle..Less fuel and more payroll, slower = more hours on towline..... They should have had the Harvey Warhorse and everybody would be home already..

http://www.tugboatinformation.com/tug.cfm?id=1667

Slicef18 wrote:Many people are not aware that the "cruise ticket" is a contract. On the back side of the tickets is a statement the by using that ticket, the passenger agrees to NOT sue the cruise line for any cause.

That may be true Slice, but according to some news reports some lawsuits have already been files. You are right however, there is that disclaimer on the back of the ticket and I heard an attorney on TV say the other day that any passenger's likelihood of winning a lawsuit would be next to nothing because of that disclaimer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum