Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ban abortions for the children.....

+2
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Another GOP Outreach to Women Thread?

It's no wonder they're a dying breed.

Sal

Sal

Watcher wrote:
alecto wrote:
2seaoat wrote:So it is a simple math problem to take away folks constitutional rights?

Folks can keep their constitutional right to have an abortion but where in the constitution does it say the American taxpayer has to pay for it. People want abortions then they should have to pay for it.

Taxpayers do not pay for abortions through Planned Parenthood. This is the law.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/04/planned-parenthood/

BOOM!

goes the dynamite

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/planned-parenhood-got-542-million-in-gov-money-or-1622-for-every-abortion/

Planned parenthood gets $1622 / dead baby.

HIPOCRACY !

The nation's largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, reports it received $542 million from government sources in 2011-2012 while performing 995,687 abortions from 2009-2011. In 2011 alone, its clinics performed 333,964 abortions.

Don't start this abortion crap again,Teo. It's settled law.

I never let a broad tell me too shut up yet and I won't now....Open forum...if you can't take the chill go back in the kitchen......wasn't slavery settled law ?

A "broad"???? That's why you have no women friends...not for long anyway. YOU can't get pregnant by virtue of your anatomy. Seaoat is wrong again...there most certainly ARE cases where abortion is the only logical course of action...ectopic pregnancy, various fetal syndromes, the condition of the woman's anatomy...possibly from prior complications of pregnancy...and of course the exceptions in cases of rape or incest. Ironic, isn't it, that no one can touch your guns but you want the government to tell WOMEN what to do with their bodies?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/planned-parenhood-got-542-million-in-gov-money-or-1622-for-every-abortion/

HIPOCRACY !

The nation's largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, reports it received $542 million from government sources in 2011-2012 while performing 995,687 abortions from 2009-2011. In 2011 alone, its clinics performed 333,964 abortions.

I never let a broad tell me too shut up yet and I won't now....Open forum...if you can't take the chill go back in the kitchen......wasn't slavery settled law ?

A "broad"???? That's why you have no women friends...not for long anyway. YOU can't get pregnant by virtue of your anatomy. Seaoat is wrong again...there most certainly ARE cases where abortion is the only logical course of action...ectopic pregnancy, various fetal syndromes, the condition of the woman's anatomy...possibly from prior complications of pregnancy...and of course the exceptions in cases of rape or incest. Ironic, isn't it, that no one can touch your guns but you want the government to tell WOMEN what to do with their bodies?

An ectopic pregnancy requires surgery not an abortion....it is a pregnancy that occurs outside of the uterus.

There are some medical reasons for an abortion....but birth control and inconvenience is not a reason to destroy a fetus.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Watcher wrote:
alecto wrote:
2seaoat wrote:So it is a simple math problem to take away folks constitutional rights?

Folks can keep their constitutional right to have an abortion but where in the constitution does it say the American taxpayer has to pay for it. People want abortions then they should have to pay for it.

Did the funds for the 995,687 abortions preformed come from a piggy-bank filled with private donations? Did the clients pay for the services? Who paid the doctor? Who paid the support personnel?

No way! The money for services provided came from the general government funds provided by the tax-payers.

2seaoat

Seaoat is wrong again.

So I am wrong in my belief that abortions should be avoided unless necessary for the mother's health........and I think that decision should be the mother's and her doctor's decision, not government coming between a mother and her doctor. Some people on this forum have no problem with big government intrusions.....especially if they do not have a uterus.........and on the other hand we have folks who think that abortion is just one more type of birth control.....so if I am wrong.....I am very comfortable in my wrongness.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

HIPOCRACY !

An ectopic pregnancy requires surgery not an abortion....it is a pregnancy that occurs outside of the uterus.

There are some medical reasons for an abortion....but birth control and inconvenience is not a reason to destroy a fetus.

You can classify it any way you want, but it amounts to the same thing where the mother's life is at risk. And I'm the last person who would condone abortion as a birth control method or because a pregnancy would be "inconvenient". I'm not a huge fan of amputations either, but sometimes they're medically necessary. The ONLY reason this subject comes up repeatedly in public debate is that it GETS VOTES from the ultra-religious right wing, who not only want to ban abortion but birth control as well. Let me remind you of the clinic bombing and murders that came about right here in Pensacola...what these people need is counseling, not murder and not bombing. I'm almost 100% certain that I know where the clinic bomb was made, BTW, and, yes, the origin of that idea came from a church.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote: Seaoat is wrong again.

So I am wrong in my belief that abortions should be avoided unless necessary for the mother's health........and I think that decision should be the mother's and her doctor's decision, not government coming between a mother and her doctor. Some people on this forum have no problem with big government intrusions.....especially if they do not have a uterus.........and on the other hand we have folks who think that abortion is just one more type of birth control.....so if I am wrong.....I am very comfortable in my wrongness.

What you actually said is that there's no reason for an abortion if the parties are "responsible". I can take every precaution there is and still end up with a non-viable fetus...and sometimes mother nature doesn't spontaneously end those pregnancies.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

HIPOCRACY !

You can classify it any way you want, but it amounts to the same thing where the mother's life is at risk. And I'm the last person who would condone abortion as a birth control method or because a pregnancy would be "inconvenient". I'm not a huge fan of amputations either, but sometimes they're medically necessary. The ONLY reason this subject comes up repeatedly in public debate is that it GETS VOTES from the ultra-religious right wing, who not only want to ban abortion but birth control as well. Let me remind you of the clinic bombing and murders that came about right here in Pensacola...what these people need is counseling, not murder and not bombing. I'm almost 100% certain that I know where the clinic bomb was made, BTW, and, yes, the origin of that idea came from a church.

I'm not classifying anything....it is a medical fact. An ectopic pregnancy occurs outside of the uterus and requires surgery not an abortion. An abortion is the expulsion of a fetus from the uterus.

You make up nonsensical comments to support your opinion. There are a few valid reasons for an abortion....leave it at that and stop making up stuff.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote: Seaoat is wrong again.

No Seaoat, you are not wrong.

We all know.....the majority of abortions done in the United States have nothing to do with the viability of the fetus, the medical necessity to save the mother's life, or the fetus is a product of rape/incest.

Watcher wrote:
alecto wrote:

Thank you.Watcher. You have taken the sail out of their balloons. They'll have to make up different propaganda.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Dreamsglore wrote:
Watcher wrote:
alecto wrote:

Thank you.Watcher. You have taken the sail out of their balloons. They'll have to make up different propaganda.

Did the funds for the 995,687 abortions preformed come from a piggy-bank sitting on a shelf filled with private donations? Did the clients pay for the services? Who paid the doctor? Who paid the support personnel?

No way! The money for services provided came from the general government funds provided by the tax-payers. One cash drawer.

2seaoat

No way! The money for services provided came from the general government funds provided by the tax-payers. One cash drawer.

I do not believe this is correct.....Henry Hyde passed what is called the Hyde amendment.....I have not looked at this for years, but the budgets are audited each year to be in compliance with the law.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:No way! The money for services provided came from the general government funds provided by the tax-payers. One cash drawer.

I do not believe this is correct.....Henry Hyde passed what is called the Hyde amendment.....I have not looked at this for years, but the budgets are audited each year to be in compliance with the law.

then where does the funding come from....995,687 abortions is quite expensive.

2seaoat

Again, I have not looked at this for about 5 years when Henry Hyde was still alive, but my understanding is that PP gets private donations, and that there is a sliding scale of fees.....again, I only know that in fact the funds are segregated and fiercely audited each year.....and they have remained in compliance, I would have to research the actual budget to give you an answer.

2seaoat wrote:So you want big government to ban something......taking freedom which the Supreme Court says is a fundamental right guaranteed by the constitution.....but Mr. Kotter......I do not understand?

There is absolutely no reason for an abortion if folks are responsible, but if you want government to make those private decisions over folks bodies.......well I guess those children in the womb and those in the classroom are not equal, and I can understand your distinction of why banning an assault weapon is unconstitutional, and a woman taking the morning after pill should be charged with murder.......hey.....I guess that is why none of us wear black robes.

Ban abortions for the children..... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTTjAG7Jpgyl1zAP4kB-K1X1bz4slU3o7_B7FxxGpwhstCw9fa

So long as tax dollars are funding Planned Parenthood the government is involved up to it's neck in making decisions over a persons body.

Planned Parenthood should be run on strictly charitable donations.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Smile

2seaoat

So long as tax dollars are funding Planned Parenthood the government is involved up to it's neck in making decisions over a persons body.

My understanding is that they provide women with health care which includes cancer screenings, birth control, and other non abortion services which have sliding scale fees. It is these services which get federal funding. This has been debated extensively in Congress, and as far as I know there has been compliance in the separate operations.

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:No way! The money for services provided came from the general government funds provided by the tax-payers. One cash drawer.

I knew people who got abortions at the Ladies Center on 9th Ave. They had to pay $350. There were no free abortions.

2seaoat wrote:So long as tax dollars are funding Planned Parenthood the government is involved up to it's neck in making decisions over a persons body.

My understanding is that they provide women with health care which includes cancer screenings, birth control, and other non abortion services which have sliding scale fees. It is these services which get federal funding. This has been debated extensively in Congress, and as far as I know there has been compliance in the separate operations.

Ban abortions for the children..... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLkYI69ZQpcgX12SUnI5h-0PMRH6TxbL5bWjPRZ1ycXSl3Yi0gwTVRJBEf

So now you're saying that Planned Parenthood is passe' and can be defunded totally because Obamacare is the new healthcare program and should cover all those things.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

2seaoat

So now you're saying that Planned Parenthood is passe' and can be defunded totally because Obamacare is the new healthcare program and should cover all those things.

No....I do not think I said that.....but an intelligent conversation would be a nice thing....what I said is congressional funding is limited to the non abortion services provided by Planned Parenthood, and that the Hyde Amendment does not allow for federally funded abortions. I do not think I said anything about the Affordable Care Act.

2seaoat wrote:
No....I do not think I said that.....but an intelligent conversation would be a nice thing....what I said is congressional funding is limited to the non abortion services provided by Planned Parenthood, and that the Hyde Amendment does not allow for federally funded abortions. I do not think I said anything about the Affordable Care Act.

Ban abortions for the children..... - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXPfu4_TG3o-TXO_9XY28EXB6lmHcxadT-KahC8k-0HACCuB15

I think this non-profit organization should be run on charitable donations only... But then I think the same thing of pretty much all non-profit organizations.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum