Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Max Emfinger All-American game moves to Pensacola High

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Studer pisses his pants at losing rights to the game. But, but ,but How about my Multi use stadium?. Come on guys, I have beer and chicken sandwiches to sell. LOL

Max Emfinger All-American game moves to Pensacola High Quint-studer

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:Studer pisses his pants at losing rights to the game. But, but ,but How about my Multi use stadium?. Come on guys, I have beer and chicken sandwiches to sell. LOL

Max Emfinger All-American game moves to Pensacola High Quint-studer

Hallmark,I don't believe I have ever heard of Max Emfinger. Is he related to Bob?

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

He was a Mexican(legal ?) football player that played for Pensacola High school and only had one leg. It was a slight handicap but due to the level of football played in this area he was a Super star. He was also due to be drafted by the Blue Wahoos as a Pitcher, but he was seriously injured in a "Ass kicking" contest that ended his famous career.

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:He was a Mexican football player that only had one leg. It was a slight handicap but due to the level of football played in this area he was a Super star. He was also due to be drafted by the Blue Wahoos as a Pitcher, but he was seriously injured in a "Ass kicking" contest that ended his famous career.

I believe his real name was Carlos Finguera which is not curious name for a Mexican but Emfinger is. Here is the story of how he got the Emfinger name. He lost his left leg due to burns after being injured in an out of control taco fire. You see Carlos became exceedingly sarcastic and liked to shoot the bird to people he did not care for. Hence the name "M" finger. The Blue Wahoos management did not like this and began training him to kickass. Thats how he ultimately got into the ass-kicking contest. He didn't have a chance. Lo siento mucho.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

You are correct but it looks like the man who kicked Emfingers ass was a black man. Something that does not set well with some people.

Update!!!!!!!!!!!!
If the Max Emfinger All-American Bowl Game serves as a launching board for high school football prospects falling between the cracks, several players took advantage of that opportunity Friday night.

Even though on opposite ends of the size spectrum, Austin (Texas) Del Valle’s Josh Cleveland and Pensacola High’s Bobby Evans stood out for the respective teams Friday night at PHS’s Jim Scoggins Stadium.

Evans, a 6-5, 360-pound defensive tackle, was a man among boys in the trenches, proving to be virtually unblockable all night.

But it was Cleveland, a 5-7, 165-pound tailback, who stole the show. The diminutive speedster broke free for a 61-yard touchdown run in the second quarter, then had a 55-yard run a few plays later to set up another touchdown to lead the West to a 14-10 win over the East squad.

Cleveland, who rushed for 1,408 and 20 TDs this past season, is currently only receiving looks from junior colleges, but hopes Friday night’s game helps turn some heads.

“I think I proved myself one more time,” Cleveland said. “I just came out and did what I can do. I wanted to show I was consistent and I can play at the next level.

“It’s never enough, you just have to keep working. I have a lot of work left to do.“

Evans is in the same boat as Cleveland.

The big guy hasn’t heard a whole lot of recruiting buzz, but Friday night’s game should help.

“I had a good game and I had a good time playing with these boys,” Evans said. “It’s a good experience when you can come out and play with other people from other states. I thought I had a great game, I felt great out there.”

Cleveland and Parkview Baptist (La.) fullback Hezekiah Randolph accounted for the two TDs on the West side.

Evangel kicker Joshua Davis booted a 20-yard field goal and PHS’ Blake Norwood recovered a fumble in the end zone for the East scoring.

“I enjoyed it, I especially enjoyed playing under these lights again,” Norwood said. “I never thought I’d get a chance to play here again, so it was nice.

Carlos Finguera was not to be denied as he ran/hopped to over 316 yards The stands were covered with flying tortillas as his fans showed their appreciation. He said "Me gustaría agradecer al Sr. Quint por lo que ha hecho para Pensacola. gracias" There was not a dry eye in the house.

“It was a fun week. I had a great time, met some great people and got a chance to play again.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum