Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The top 10 worst American cars ever sold.

+2
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-top-ten-worst-cars-pictures-new,0,2636913.photogallery

Bob wrote:http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-top-ten-worst-cars-pictures-new,0,2636913.photogallery

I would love to own that Pinto.

2seaoat

We owned Three new Aztechs.....we put 160k, 190k, and 200k on them and gave them to the kids who ran them without one maintenance issue on any of the three we owned except an oil leak at the manifold once you got to about 140k on the cars and you would lose a quart a month. They had a truck like suspension, and we could easily get 4x8 plywood in the back when we were building things. We were over at the Sears at Fort Walton and all these kids would just stop and point to the maroon one we had....and then just giggle......you hardly saw anybody driving one.....but we loved them. I am a big person and the head room was great and compared to the same damn car in the buick.....you saved about 6-8k going with the Azteck.....they were butt ugly, but we never had a problem finding them in the parking lot of a large store.

I had two of those cars.The "71" Pinto in tan and 1979 Cutlass not the diesel,though. I loved that car. I bought it brand new in 79. It was beautiful. I bought the Cutlass in 88 too brand new. I like Buicks.

2seaoat

The 1973/74 cutlas was a classic. Beautiful car which my wife had new.....I laugh at some of the list because some of those cars were great cars....the idea that Pontiac was brought down by the Aztec is absurd.

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

I can't believe the AMC Pacer or Gremlin didn't make the list.

Captn Kaoz wrote:I can't believe the AMC Pacer or Gremlin didn't make the list.
Dodge Omni or a Reliant K was not much Either.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I was looking for the Gremlin. LOL

Joanimaroni wrote:

We had a '74 purple gremlin. Smile
Everyone always makes fun of this car, but was very reliable for us. We had it when we lived down in y'alls neck o' the woods. We had it for a few years, and sold it for what we paid. Those folks liked it too.
We've owned several cutlass supremes. Not diesel. Has been our overall favorite car.

jose balu wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

We had a '74 purple gremlin. Smile
Everyone always makes fun of this car, but was very reliable for us. We had it when we lived down in y'alls neck o' the woods. We had it for a few years, and sold it for what we paid. Those folks liked it too.
We've owned several cutlass supremes. Has been our overall favorite car.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<

My Father owned 2 Pacers in the mid 70's. I liked the way they handled, etc. He put a couple of hundred thousand miles on both of them. His heart changed when he came out to Colorado and rode in/drove my '77 Volvo 242 GT. He didn't say much about it, but a couple of weeks after he visited he called and told me had just bought a '79 Volvo Wagon.

I put over 300,000 miles on the 242, and sold it with a dead engine to a collector for $400. Probably the best car I ever owned.

I had a friend in B'mingham who owned a Gremlin....the Levi's Edition. She drove that fruit scooter for @ least a dozen years w/ several trips to California and back.

I never quite understood why AMC just couldn't seem to make it. The Javelin was a beast....B. Allison won more than a few races in them. And let's not forget the AMX....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZFDOPqlnAI

That was a Pinto Runabout, it had the full glass rear..
I would push our 72 Pinto down the street so it couldn't be heard starting up for late night joyrides when I was 15...

Cledus T Judd Cledus Went Down To Florida music video

Sal

Sal

When I was much younger, I owned a '79 Cutlass Supreme.

It was black with tan leather interior and t-tops.

It was a blast to drive and a real chick-magnet.

After driving it for a few years, I traded it for a '83 Buick Regal.

Big mistake.

Sad

Lurch wrote:That was a Pinto Runabout, it had the full glass rear..
I would push our 72 Pinto down the street so it couldn't be heard starting up for late night joyrides when I was 15...

That's funny-my sisters and I would push my Mom's car out the driveway and start it up down the street too. None of us had licenses and we would drive all night around the beach in San Diego and bring it back home empty. My Mom would get up to go to work in the morning and start yelling the neighbors were siphoning her gas out.

W_T_M wrote:
Bob wrote:http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-top-ten-worst-cars-pictures-new,0,2636913.photogallery

I would love to own that Pinto.

I had a 1972 Ford Pinto. It wasn't the car I wanted in high school, but it is what dad got for me and I had to pay him back 1/2 my paycheck each week until it was paid off. I really wanted a 66-67 Chevelle.

Dreamsglore wrote:I had two of those cars.The "71" Pinto in tan and 1979 Cutlass not the diesel,though. I loved that car. I bought it brand new in 79. It was beautiful. I bought the Cutlass in 88 too brand new. I like Buicks.

Most old people like BUICKS.

Not all Buicks are for Old people..

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I had two of those cars.The "71" Pinto in tan and 1979 Cutlass not the diesel,though. I loved that car. I bought it brand new in 79. It was beautiful. I bought the Cutlass in 88 too brand new. I like Buicks.

Most old people like BUICKS.

I liked them when I was young. Much classier than the Yugo's you drove.

VectorMan

VectorMan

The top 10 worst American cars ever sold. Ad-for-1972-levis-amc-gremlin_100389302_m

They actually advertised that it weighed more than other cars. I guess we gone full circle. Now they have to be lightest AND the strongest. Carbon fiber is amazing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum