Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7?

+5
2seaoat
no stress
Margin Call
othershoe1030
Sal
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/20/2012, 2:36 pm

Sal

Sal

That may be the best explanation. I really think his best move at this point is just to resign. He's making a fool of himself. It can't be worth it.

His latest "Plan B" is so stupid that no one can even figure out why he's attempting it. Even his own party is mystified. He's whipping the crap out of his caucus to vote for tax hikes on millionaires in return for nothing because the bill will be dead the moment it is passed. And he thinks this will prove a point about what?

The Democrats are desperate to make the Republicans break their anti-tax pledge, and Boehner is forcing his members to do it for free?

It might make sense if it got him one inch further towards some plausible goal, but it doesn't.

He's an idiot.

2Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/20/2012, 4:09 pm

I doubt you could find one instance where I thought a post of yours made sense but I have to agree with you on this. I am mystified at the reluctance of Boehner in forging a realistic compromise. There is no political capital to be gained by stonewalling BHO - he can't run again. Time for Bonehead Boehner to use some common sense or get out of the way.

3Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/20/2012, 10:14 pm

Sal

Sal

LMAO!!!!

He couldn't even get his own caucus to vote on his own bill!!

They've gone into recess without a vote!!

Incredible.

He is the worst, most incompetent, most buffoonish, Speaker in the history of the House.

And, I guaran-fucking-tee you, he's drunk tonight.

Last edited by Sal on 12/21/2012, 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

4Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/20/2012, 10:34 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

If Boehner can't hold his position who do you think will try for the Speakership? A tea party darling or someone more moderate? Someone who could work across the aisle, no that's too much to ask for.

5Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/20/2012, 10:51 pm

Sal

Sal

Cantor has been gunnin' for it.

He's a snake.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

6Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 10:34 am

Sal

Sal

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You can't make this stuff up.

It's like something from the Onion ...

Moments before announcing defeat to his GOP colleagues, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) recited the Serenity Prayer often heard at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

“Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference,” the downtrodden House Speaker said at a hastily called closed-door meeting Thursday night to tell fellow House Republicans that he didn’t have to votes to pass his “Plan B” effort to avoid the "fiscal cliff."

According to sources in the room, a “distraught” Boehner broke the news that his leadership team couldn’t convince enough GOP lawmakers to vote for a measure that would prevent automatic tax hikes from taking place for all but those individuals making more than $1 million.

"I've never seen anything like it where leadership just completely backed down. I guess they made an assessment that the people who were no votes were entrenched no votes, because otherwise I think they would have just pulled it and they would have worked it longer,” Colorado Rep. Mike Coffman (R) told The Hill.

Coffman called the meeting “awful." "It's the first time I've ever seen leadership retreat. It was a real shock - the Speaker looked shocked,” he said.

But for those individuals skeptical of “Plan B,” pulling the bill was a show of weakness on the part of the GOP leadership – hence the shock in the room when Boehner announced the decision to go home, Rep. Steve LaTourette (R-Ohio) told The Hill.

"A mixture of being stunned and, well, disbelief was the overriding emotion. And anger, you're going to get people who are angry," he said.

LaTourette, a longtime Boehner ally, was visibly frustrated by the development.

"It weakens the entire Republican Party…It's the continuing dumbing down of the Republican Party, and we are going to be seen more and more as a bunch of extremists that can't even get a majority of our people to support our own policies that we're putting forward," he said. "If you're not a governing majority, you're not going to be a majority very long."

As for Boehner’s standing within his own conference, LaTourette said he didn’t think the Speakership was in jeopardy.

“It’s like saying the superintendent of an insane asylum should be discharged because he couldn’t control the crazy people. That’s nuts,” the outgoing lawmaker told reporters.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/budget/274201-boehner-offers-prayer-before-announcing-defeat-of-plan-b

7Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 11:15 am

Margin Call

Margin Call

Boehner just ended his press conference with "Merry Christmas!!!"....after failing to solve the fiscal cliff. Arrogant cocksucker!

8Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 12:18 pm

Sal

Sal

There's no negotiating with nihilists.

The President and the Dems need to simply sit back and allow us to go over the cliff, and then offer the Republicans a pure middle-class tax cut, as well as a reversal of the most unacceptable sequestration cuts.

2014 can't get here soon enough.

9Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 12:40 pm

Looks like the GOP intelligentsia have been watching old flicks and believing there's a lesson plan for leadership hidden amongst the stuff.

"....sometimes nothing can be a really cool hand..." Luke Jackson.

It this case, not so much.

Boehner is toast....

10Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 12:46 pm

no stress

no stress

Wow! A thread making fun of alcoholism ! At least its not one with fat jokes about Cris Cristy. Classy guys

11Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 1:48 pm

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:Wow! A thread making fun of alcoholism ! At least its not one with fat jokes about Cris Cristy. Classy guys

Actually, it's a thread about John Boehner's stupidity and incompetence.

Alcohol was just offered as a possible explanation for it.

I'm surprised you didn't get that.

Are you drunk or just that stupid?

12Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 3:00 pm

no stress

no stress

"Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7?" , Moments before announcing defeat to his GOP colleagues, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) recited the Serenity Prayer often heard at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

Seriously Sal?

The whole thread reeks of the disease of alcoholism.

If it were a thread about stupidity, why wouldnt you ask if he is stupid 24/7?

13Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 3:20 pm

2seaoat

The speaker is in a tough spot. However, we need more revenue. This is a fact. We need defense cuts, and we need across the board cuts....this is a fact. So, an involuntary process of cuts is a good thing, however I have heard estimates from plus 3 gdp growth in the 3rd and 4th quarter to a minus 9 shrinkage in GDP the 1st and 2nd quarters in 2013 is possible. This may start a final wave of financial collapse which shows the very tentative nature of our recovery. I think going over the cliff actually could be a huge plus, and a middle class tax cut will follow sometime in February and we will have finally made defense cuts.....the economy may after a small recession come roaring back with a tinge of fiscal responsibility.

14Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 3:43 pm

Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola

I dont know if he is drunk or not, but I think we need to lock Boehner and Obama in a room and give them a keg of beer and maybe they can work something out.

But I think the days of Boehner being the Speaker of the House are just about over. Cantor has been itching for that job and I think he will have enough votes to install himself king of the house after a deal is reach on the fiscal cliff.

Personally, I think going over the fiscal cliff is a good idea. We need cuts to entitlement programs and we need to return to the tax rates of the Clinton area or better yet the tax rates of the 1960s.

15Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 3:49 pm

2seaoat

Cantor has been itching for that job

When and if Cantor becomes speaker of the house.....we will finally have an accurate face on the wingnut weasles who have taken over the Republican Party.....I can live with John......Eric Cantor makes me physically sick as weasledom has reached a new peak in American politics......old Eric the great is working to consolidate his bid for the speaker's chair as America goes down the rabbit hole.....and you blame John for drinking. With friends like these weasles....I would be drinking also.

16Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 3:50 pm

Sal

Sal

Gunz wrote:"Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7?" , Moments before announcing defeat to his GOP colleagues, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) recited the Serenity Prayer often heard at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

LOL. I didn't tell him to recite the Serenity Prayer.

Because that's a given.

17Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 3:54 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Cantor has been itching for that job

When and if Cantor becomes speaker of the house.....we will finally have an accurate face on the wingnut weasles who have taken over the Republican Party.....I can live with John......Eric Cantor makes me physically sick as weasledom has reached a new peak in American politics......old Eric the great is working to consolidate his bid for the speaker's chair as America goes down the rabbit hole.....and you blame John for drinking. With friends like these weasles....I would be drinking also.

Watch him do the perp walk ...

Why is that man smiling?

Weasel is exactly right.

18Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 4:08 pm

2seaoat

Why is that man smiling?

Weasel is exactly right.

How does somebody like this get to the power center of America. This alone tells me what is wrong with America. Small metrosexual men being bad azz tough guys......how far have we fallen. This guy was picked last in gym class and could not lead a room full of nerds in computer club debating whether folks should use capital letters in the chat room. I think about another man who was equally small in stature who served the state of Hawaii......he left his arm in Italy.....he wore the medal of honor.....he saw his family put behind fences in WWII because of their ethnicity....yet this brave man was a giant among men, and when he entered a room every man in that room had instant respect. Now we have the season of weasles. The napoleon syndromes in Washington explode as these weasles attempt to hijack this nation at the bequest of the Oligarchy, and we criticize John B.......nope.....lets have open season on weasles....lets call em out and mess up their hair.....take their designer glasses.....and criticize their latest designer aftershave......

19Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 4:14 pm

no stress

no stress

Sal wrote:
Gunz wrote:"Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7?" , Moments before announcing defeat to his GOP colleagues, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) recited the Serenity Prayer often heard at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

Because that's a given.

The deflection king strikes again! whatever dude

20Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/21/2012, 6:17 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

4:11 PM President Obama set to make a statement any minute.

The beauty of the tea party stance is that they are run by the Koch Bros. crew with the front of being for the little guy. Perfect ploy. How long will it take for the voters to figure out this rather obvious situation?

The clutch of obstinate right wing GOP have basically started a third party. They need to go.
Other bad things were in the bill that didn't fly last night like cutting money for food stamps, etc. Seems they like picking on groups like the elderly, children, the disabled, people who they think can't defend themselves against their power.

21Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/22/2012, 12:46 am

othershoe1030 wrote:4:11 PM President Obama set to make a statement any minute.

The beauty of the tea party stance is that they are run by the Koch Bros. crew with the front of being for the little guy. Perfect ploy. How long will it take for the voters to figure out this rather obvious situation?

The clutch of obstinate right wing GOP have basically started a third party. They need to go.
Other bad things were in the bill that didn't fly last night like cutting money for food stamps, etc. Seems they like picking on groups like the elderly, children, the disabled, people who they think can't defend themselves against their power.

They don't care,OS, about people who are less fortunate.They don't see them or know about their everyday struggles. They live in their "well off" worlds oblivious to the suffering of many Americans. I wish they could spend one day in my world and see what I see. They sure would have a new attitude...hopefully.

22Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/22/2012, 7:56 pm

Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:

Because that's a given.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LOL. This from the gun expert who avoided my direct questioning about a moratorium on the further domestic production of "assault rifles". You just ignored it and bailed.

Whatever dude.

23Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/23/2012, 1:15 pm

no stress

no stress

W_T_M wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Sal wrote:

Because that's a given.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

LOL. This from the gun expert who avoided my direct questioning about a moratorium on the further domestic production of "assault rifles". You just ignored it and bailed.

Whatever dude.

No sir, I answered you. Go back and check.

24Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/23/2012, 1:23 pm

no stress

no stress

OK , I went back and see that my answer was not an answer to you. I'm against a moratorium on the weapons that you listed.

To add, anything that doesnt address the issue and huge problem of the mentally ill procuring weapons i'm against.

25Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? Empty Re: Is John Boehner Drunk 24/7? 12/23/2012, 2:05 pm

Gunz wrote:OK , I went back and see that my answer was not an answer to you. I'm against a moratorium on the weapons that you listed.

To add, anything that doesnt address the issue and huge problem of the mentally ill procuring weapons i'm against.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

OK...thanx. I'm in favor of both a moratorium and addressing the issue you mentioned, although I'm not gonna say it's a huge problem. But if even one mentally ill (broad brush) person gains access to an "assault weapon", that's one too many.

Now....let's define mentally ill and place restrictions. How about OCD people, you know...like "dooms day preppers"....?

And let's not forget delusional folk who believe they can be a part of an armed rebellion against out Fed'rul Guv'mint.

Then there's the paranoids, who believe that Obama is gonna take away their 2nd Amendment Right.

Mental illness presents itself in a ton of ways. Are you in favor of real restrictions or just a handle it, handle it band aid....?

in edit...

When hot women in bikinis wielding guns storm a classroom, would armed men really shoot them....?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum