Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Studer story you'll never learn about from the PNJ.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My friend called me Saturday afternoon all excited because he'd turned on the Animal Planet channel and was watching a show called "Tanked". He said "turn it on quick because you'll see a Blue Wahoos bus being turned into a rolling aquarium".

"Tanked" is a national tv show which centers on a business located in Vegas which makes really unique aqariums.
The show starts with the Tanked crew picking up an old Pensacola Pelicans bus from Studer and Company in Pensacola who has contracted them to install a live aquarium in it which can be viewed through the windows and the bus will be repainted with the Blue Wahoos graphics.
The project commences and we even see the crew picking out exotic fish which will be suitable for a Blue Wahoos theme.
And then after we see that the Blue Wahoos aquarium bus is about completed, the owner of the company receives a phone call from Studer and Company and this too is depicted in the tv show.
The phone call is to inform the show that Studer and Company is not going through with the purchase because "they lost their sponsor". I shit you not.
So the aquarium company is left holding the bag. I shit you not.

All I could think of as a city taxpayer is, please god don't tell me the same thing is gonna happen when Studer and Company leaves us holding the bag on Studerville too. I shit you not. lol

Last edited by Bob on 11/19/2012, 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The floor is yours, Seaoat. lol

Studer ropes investors in as they try vainly to cut themselves free.

The Studer story you'll never learn about from the PNJ. Bilde?NewTbl=1&Site=DP&Date=20121117&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=211170806&Ref=PH&Item=1&Maxw=620&Maxh=465&q=60

I guess it was news in other places, just not Stooderland.

From Reefbuilder forum..
Does anyone watch Tanked! on Animal Planet and if you do, did you see the latest episode featuring the former Pensacola Pelicans Shuttle Bus that was going to be converted into a 500 gallon rolling aquarium for the new Blue Wahoos? I was excited watching the build progress but then I began to wonder why I had not seen the bus/tank since it was supposed to be unveiled at the opening game. Turns out that the team bailed on ATM during the build, so ATM was left holding the bag for the bus/aquarium build. Kind of embarassing and disappointing all at the same time.

discovery.com
Brett and Wayde head to Florida to meet with baseball team Pensacola Blue Wahoos, who want to transform their old fan school bus into a mobile fish tank that drives for the opening of their new stadium. A few miles away, Brett visits his mom at her nail salon, and while there gets talked into creating an over-sized nail polish bottle complete with hand dryers. Back in Vegas, Brett gets bad news from the Blue Wahoos, claiming they can no longer afford the fish tank, leaving it without a home. Wayde hits the roof when he finds out, but Heather comes to the rescue with an idea to make the fish tank an educational school bus that travels to different schools. Meanwhile, the guys are finishing up the Nail Salon tank, and hoping the shape will come out right.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 11/19/2012, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

Sad Sad Sad

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:My friend called me Saturday afternoon all excited because he'd turned on the Animal Planet channel and was watching a show called "Tanked". He said "turn it on quick because you'll see a Blue Wahoos bus being turned into a rolling aquarium".

"Tanked" is a national tv show which centers on a business located in Vegas which makes really unique aqariums.
The show starts with the Tanked crew picking up an old Pensacola Pelicans bus from Studer and Company in Pensacola who has contracted them to install a live aquarium in it which can be viewed through the windows and the bus will be repainted with the Blue Wahoos graphics.
The project commences and we even see the crew picking out exotic fish which will be suitable for a Blue Wahoos theme.
And then after we see that the Blue Wahoos aquarium bus is about completed, the owner of the company receives a phone call from Studer and Company and this too is depicted in the tv show.
The phone call is to inform the show that Studer and Company is not going through with the purchase because "they lost their sponsor". I shit you not.
So the aquarium company is left holding the bag. I shit you not.

All I could think of as a city taxpayer is, please god don't tell me the same thing is gonna happen when Studer and Company leaves us holding the bag on Studerville too. I shit you not. lol

I expect it will happen. Even if he raises the prices of beer to twenty bucks a can and the hot dogs to twenty-five its gonna be a big flop. The GOBs got us into this but they won't get us out. Double A baseball is just plain not exciting enough to bring in big crowds consistently. I know there are people who disagree but this is my thinking.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I think I now get the problem with Quint Studer.
He's a very personable guy who made a real success with the motivational speaking and then parlayed that into being a guru of hospital management consultation. I give him full credit for that.
But then like so many others of his kind, he thought he had the midas touch.
And he used those motivational charms to charm the local movers and shakers into believing he had the midas touch too. It probably wasn't that hard to charm a bunch of local rednecks.
So they got in cahoots with him and bet the store on him.

The problem arises when midas and the movers and shakers eventually are like the Emperor without clothes. And that's when it gets to be like a little microcosm of the wall street syndrome. Those wall street midases didn't foot the bill for their bad wagers and neither will ours.
It isn't Bo Johnson who's picking up the tab for Bo's Bridge. And it aint gonna be this guy doing it with this "bridge" either.

Last edited by Bob on 11/19/2012, 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bluebonnet

Keeping fish in an aquarium is one destructive and the dark hobby.

99% of fish collected (with most using shocking and venting techniques) never make it to the tank.

Next time, install a big TV on the bus and show Animal Planet.

Quint could care less who he runs over if there is a buck on the other side of the victim. But that is ok, he will write a nominal check to some charity and put Valentino and himself on the tube patting their heroic statuses as recovering alcoholics. Maybe they can play that on their bus TV too. Praise the Lord.

2seaoat

I agree that a fish tank on a bus is pretty weird.......and to film a show about the same pretty much summarizes where the American Public's viewing habits have migrated.......but to suggest that Maritime Park has not been a huge success, or that it will not continue to be a success is even a little more weird......the obvious success brings a great beginning.....but 50 years from now the people will own this park and waterfront......the best success of all.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:50 years from now the people will own this park

Being a city taxpayer I hope more than anything you're right (because I won't be a city taxpayer then). But the cynic in me believes we're gonna own it a lot sooner than that. lol

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I think I now get the problem with Quint Studer.
He's a very personable guy who made a real success with the motivational speaking and then parlayed that into being a guru of hospital management consultation. I give him full credit for that.
And he used those motivational charms to charm the local movers and shakers into believing he had the midas touch too. It probably wasn't that hard to charm a bunch of local rednecks.

The problem arises when midas and the movers and shakers eventually are like the Emperor without clothes. And that's when it gets to be like a little microcosm of the wall street syndrome. Those wall street midases didn't foot the bill for their bad wagers and neither will ours.
It isn't Bo Johnson who's picking up the tab for Bo's Bridge. And it aint gonna be this guy doing it with this "bridge" either.

Pensacola has one pyramid scheme after another with the GOBs on top and everyone else trying to figure out WTF happened.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:I think I now get the problem with Quint Studer.

Now you're telling it like it is! Very good, Bob. He's certainly not the first; he's just one in a long line. Some were local, like Wally Yost (didn't Hallmark bring up that name recently?)...what a wheeler-dealer he was. I had a whole family of friends who worked for him, managing and maintaining his properties. I hate to tell you how hard it was on them when his investments tanked. I've seen plenty of others...carpetbagger types...who used the GOB system to their advantage.

Wally Yost hurt a lot of good people. He stiffed Willard Carter for quite a bit of money and made him lose his business and go bankrupt. I see many of the same traits in Mr Studer. A eagle never flies so high that his shit never hits the ground.

Yella

Yella

hallmarkgrad wrote:Wally Youst hurt a lot of good people. He stiffed Willard Carter for quite a bit of money and made him lose his business and go bankrupt. I see many of the same traits in Mr Studer. A eagle never flies so high that his shit never hits the ground.

I imagine a con man at his lofty level can get away with most anything as long as he lets the others wet their beaks.

Yella wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:Wally Youst hurt a lot of good people. He stiffed Willard Carter for quite a bit of money and made him lose his business and go bankrupt. I see many of the same traits in Mr Studer. A eagle never flies so high that his shit never hits the ground.

I imagine a con man at his lofty level can get away with most anything as long as he lets the others wet their beaks.

It doesn't hurt to have a federal judge on your payroll..

2seaoat

Whatever happened to BP.......some suggest that he was the recently deceased PNJ reporter, and he did quit posting on this site about the same time.......Anybody know what happen to the biggest Studer hater BP?

2seaoat wrote:Whatever happened to BP.......some suggest that he was the recently deceased PNJ reporter, and he did quit posting on this site about the same time.......Anybody know what happen to the biggest Studer hater BP?

I think he was having some health issues. Not a bad guy, I had lunch with him a couple of times. he may have just lost interest when the PNJ died.

There have been almost no income producing events at the part since the end of the baseball season. This is exactly what people said would happen. Pensacola has a nice ball Park but that is it. People can brag about the great open area but that will be gone if the Park builds out. Studer or some damn body, has let everyone down by not putting some time and effort to make the park a year round venue. The city of Pensacola has posted no information on the park for 2012. All of the on line records are from 2011.
It is all a moot point. People will continue to tell us how great a deal it while the stadium sits dark but still requiring over 6,000 dollars a day in debt service. I have watched all the videos of the CMPA meeting and there some interesting issues that they have not resolved. What major events are scheduled for Stoodervile in the future? Besides Wahoo baseball?

Lurch wrote:
Yella wrote:

It doesn't hurt to have a federal judge on your payroll..

Who has a Fed. Judge on their payroll...?

I googled for some info on Wally Yost and this thread came up.

lacey collier

Lurch wrote:lacey collier

Hmmm. Whose payroll...?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=19970808&id=-SghAAAAIBAJ&sjid=W30EAAAAIBAJ&pg=5064,2408424

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1755&dat=19970808&id=-SghAAAAIBAJ&sjid=W30EAAAAIBAJ&pg=5064,2408424

I remember the story dude, in fact...one of my customers was trying to purchase one of the houses that overlooked the merge lane going from 17th to Gregory. It was abandoned and I could never understand why. Brick, two story...anyway, the house was tied up with Wally's disappearance. After it was all settled, another buyer got it and torn it down to build on the lot. My friend had planned to restore it.

So Lacy was on Wally's pad...?

2seaoat wrote:Whatever happened to BP.......some suggest that he was the recently deceased PNJ reporter, and he did quit posting on this site about the same time.......Anybody know what happen to the biggest Studer hater BP?

I'm his twin brother. I had to go mourn his lost by myself elsewhere.

Troll on through.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum