Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I got this in email. Snopes isn't challenging it and I can't find it debunked elsewhere. If it's all true then Obama can kiss my ass.

+2
Slicef18
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This is from Mark Knoller of CBS.

The pilots and crew of Air Force One are flying more hours than a rookie on a beer run.

They are tired of it too, and are adding more crew to Air Force-1 --- I know this for a fact, because I'm one of the instructors that trains the crews. Our company (Atlas Air) has had the Air Force-1 and E-4 contract for over three years, and I've been doing it for about 18 months now.

Last year (2011) Obama flew in Air Force One, 172 times, almost every other day. White House officials have been telling reporters in recent days that
Obama doesn't intend to hang around the White House quite so much in 2012.They explain he wants to get out more around the country because, as everyone knows, that midterm election shellacking had nothing to do with his health care bill, over-spending or other policies, and everything to do with Obama's not adequately explaining himself to his countrymen and women.

And with only 78 days remaining in Obama's never ending presidential campaign, the incumbent's travel pace will not likely slacken. At an Air Force-estimated cost of $181,757 per flight HOUR (not to mention the additional travel costs of Marine One, Secret Service, logistics and local police overtime), that's a lot of frequent flier dollars going into Obama's carbon footprint...the very President who blames Republicans for dirty air.

$8 Million every time it lands & takes off.

We are privy to some of these numbers thanks to CBS' Mark Knoller, a bearded national treasure trove of presidential stats. According to Knoller's copious notes, during the last year, Obama made 65 domestic trips over 104 days, and six trips to eight countries over 22 days. Not counting six vacation trips over 32 days. He took 196 helicopter trips, signed 203 pieces of legislation and squeezed in 29 rounds of left-handed golf.

Obama last year gave 491 speeches, remarks or statements. That's more talking than goes on in some entire families, at least from fatherly mouths. In fact, even including the 24 days of 2010 that we never saw Obama in public, his speaking works out to about one official speech every 11 waking hours. Aides indicate the "Real Good Talker" believes we need to hear from him even more.

Obama has employed 63 speech writers [to reduce unemployment] so his speeches are also costing the taxpayers about $20,000 each. Can't wait to count the number of speeches he's given in 2012 but it's at least 5 times that of 2011. This week he flew to Nevada and spoke to a high school audience then flew back to Washington . That speech cost you over $20 MILLION DOLLARS when you cost the count of secret service protection, his personal chef and doctor, his speech writers, his valet, his masseuse, his hairdresser, his bullet proof car, and so on.

Related: Obama spends nearly half his presidency outside Washington , plans to travel more.

Related: Vacationer-in-Chief Spends $1.75 Million to Visit Hawaiian Chums.

Obama has spent over $800 million taxpayer dollars flying around in Air Force One, and probably another $500 million on his entourage.

Obama is just another dictator living lavishly at the expense of his subjects.

And we seniors have been told by our President to
"tighten our belts"

THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED PUT THIS GREEDY WINDBAG IN OFFICE!

PLEASE BE MORE CAREFUL NEXT TIME!!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

"Obama is just another dictator living lavishly at the expense of his subjects."

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Our whole system of government is now nothing but a mockery. A congress with an 8% approval rating and a no-good clown for a head of state.
And all these fucking elections which accomplish nothing other than to replace those self-serving parasitic clowns with more self-serving parasitic clowns.
All while our country remains in a state of utter decline. It's institutions are crumbling. It's credibility is gone. Democracy shmockracy.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Obama's Air Force One Travel

Contrary to what the e-mail about Obama's use of Air Force One suggests, Mark Knoller of CBS News is not the author of this e-mail. The portion of the e-mail beginning with the line, "Last year Obama flew in Air Force One 172 times, almost every other day," through the line, "Aides indicate the 'Real Good Talker' believes we need more," was written by Andrew Malcolm of the Los Angeles Times. Malcolm plucked several figures from Knoller's piece, which was titled "Obama's 2010: By the Numbers," for his own blog post titled "Obama and Air Force One: It's good to have a 747." Everything else about the Atlas Air training crew and the costs to taxpayers, which we'll get to later, was added by the anonymous author of this e-mail, who lifted Malcolm's piece.

People who pass this stuff on as if it were truth are no different than the neighbor gossip lady, only worse. Look, it took me all of 30 seconds to find out the whole piece is the work of a mental midget who wants so much for it to be true, the spending of a few seconds of fact checking wasn't deemed necessary. Nor is it new gossip with the original lie posted in July 2011. I'm no fan of Obama or Romney.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/07/the-traveling-president/

2seaoat

This election does matter.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My god what are you dudes doing up at 5 in the morning and already posting. I thought I was the only weirdo to do that.

Lemme ponder on slice's reply for a few minutes and see if I can figure this thing out. Yes it looks like the email itself is a little suspect, but I'm not sure all the info in it is bogus. I'll get back to you shortly.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Okay here we go...

The Truth:
The first part of this commentary is actually from the Los Angeles Times January 3, 2011 blog of Andrew Malcolm who reported on the findings of a CBS report by Mark Knoller called "Obama's 2010: By the Numbers."

It corroborates the number of Air Force One flights in 2010...

"Flights on Air Force One: 172"

That would indeed be equivalent to one trip on Air Force One every other fucking day for the year as the email reports.

And when that whole enormous dog and pony show of 747's and support aircraft and helicopters and limousines and an army of personnel and services is all totaled up I would bet you that figure of $8 million every time the fucking circus takes to the air is not far from the truth.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20026885-503544.html

I repeat, what a piece of shit he is to waste money like that in these economic times. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.
And no, Romney is no better but I'm tired of the tu quoque arguments. They do nothing for me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

also from that page...

Vacation trips: 6 (all or part of 32 days)

That's for one goddamn year. 6 vacations and using that $8 million per trip thing to get there and back.

Harry Truman drove his own damn car around the country in attempt to uncover waste and fraud with defense contractors. These politicians we have now are not fit to wipe his butt.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You people who keep worshipping one or the other of these sorry politicians who act like kings make me fucking sick. I don't give a damn if it's obama or romney or bush. Or those bastards and bitches in the congress. All of them suck big time. Get your heads out of the sand.
And no, seaoat, this election does not mean a goddamn thing. It aint gonna change nuthin.

Damn Bob Hell of a word. But of course I knew what it meant. .. ]Tu quoque ?(ˈkwoʊkwiː/),[1] (Latin for "you, too" or "you, also") or the appeal to hypocrisy, is a logical fallacy that attempts to discredit the opponent's position by asserting the opponent's failure to act consistently in accordance with that position; it attempts to show that a criticism or objection applies equally to the person making it. This dismisses someone's point of view based on criticism of the person's inconsistency, and not the position presented.[2] Thus, it is a form of the ad hominem argument.[3]

Glad to see you woke in a good mood today LOL

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

hallmarkgrad wrote:

Glad to see you woke in a good mood today LOL

I had a helluva good day yesterday (thanks to yella for part of it lol). And when I finally came to at about 3 in the morning I watched "Cheech and Chong's New Movie" (made in the 70's) on cable tv and that got me fully awake and rarin to go.
Now I'm gonna go for a walk where you and I went before and get some fresh air.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll see you there at 7.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Choo choo Charlie had a pretty good band
But he couldn't understand why no one would go
A world record player's on a tour of Japan
Charlie's fixing his van with the left arm tan

He said
Monday, I'm all high, get me out of FLA
In school yeah, I fooled ya
Now I know I made a mistake

Blister on a turnpike, let me by
I only wanna wonder why when I don't die
Ooh, I shot ya, yeah, I know
I only wanna go where my wheels roll

I fooled ya, in school, yeah

Everybody's wondering where'd he go
He must be down in Pensacola hiding from the snow
The world record player's on a tour of Japan
Charlie's fixing his van
He's waiting for a postcard

And he said
I cut class, in school, yeah
I made a big mistake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xt6Pn4tIfI

2seaoat

The election does matter. Truth does matter. Politics and the policies which result from the process do matter. What does not matter is apathy and surrender.........

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:The election does matter. Truth does matter. Politics and the policies which result from the process do matter. What does not matter is apathy and surrender.........

On that, we agree. Very Happy

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't know if any of that email is true or false or whatever. It costs a lot to fly the President around and to make sure he's safe. If I thought Obama was helping the country and doing right by the country, I wouldn't mind him flying all over the place. He has to go because his policies have failed. He's offering nothing new or different for the next 4 years, just more of the same. Honestly, I don't know if Romney will be a good president or if he will do what needs to be done for the country, but I am willing to give him a chance. Because I KNOW what Obama offers and I say NO More!

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:I don't know if any of that email is true or false
There's no reason for you not to know that if you read my followup post.
The 172 Air Force One trips made in 2010 IS NOT JUST THE "OLD LADY GOSSIP" it was claimed to be. That comes from the CBS White House correspondent himself.
And if I learned anything in elementary school then 172 trips in a year is absolutely one every other day.

Also, there is no "apathy" on my part in this thread. This whole thread is about as polar opposite to "apathy" as anything can get. If I was apathetic I obviously would not have given enough of a shit to even write this thread.

But I do believe with all my heart and soul that there is one helluva lot about life that makes obama and romney and all this political horseshit absolutely pale in comparison.
And just one minor little example of that is what I witnessed about two hours ago while the rest of you were obsessing on some half-assed politicians...

I got this in email.  Snopes isn't challenging it and I can't find it debunked elsewhere.  If it's all true then Obama can kiss my ass. Sunris10

Neither romney or obama had a goddamn thing to do with that.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If you've never done it then all of you need to do what hallmarkgrad and I did this morning.
Park your car at Studerville. Then walk around the park and then east on Main to Bayfront Parkway. Trust me, there is no other way to take in the bayfront war memorials than to approach them on foot while walking alongside the bay.
And as you walk through all the memorials take your time and experience them all.
Then leave the memorials and walk down Government through the historic district on your way back to your car.
Do it very early in the morning and preferrably on a Sunday morning.
It's the best two hour long free show you can experience. I promise you that neither romney nor obama will enter your mind.

Last edited by Bob on 10/22/2012, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

To put Obama's use of Air Force One into context, we also asked for travel data for his predecessor, President George W. Bush. Bush took 89 missions and 259 sorties in 2002, his second year as president, according to the airlift group. And in his first two years, Bush took 148 missions with 416 sorties, compared with 126 missions with 324 sorties for Obama over two years.

http://factcheck.org/2011/07/the-traveling-president/

Seems as if Bush beat Obama in this category.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

And I imagine between Ted Bundy and Charles Manson, one "beat the other" in the number of murders they committed too. But I'm not sure that provides much of a defense either.
I've found that usually to be the case with tu quoque arguments.

Bob wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

And I imagine between Ted Bundy and Charles Manson, one "beat the other" in the number of murders they committed too. But I'm not sure that provides much of a defense either.
I've found that usually to be the case with tu quoque arguments.

My point is, who the hell cares how many flights a particular president makes? No big deal.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The number of his Air Force One flights is not why I'll be voting for someone else.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

My point is, who the hell cares how many flights a particular president makes? No big deal.

That may be the single most emphatic expression of "apathy" I have ever read.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum