Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mayor Pete Bows Out

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/1/2020, 8:11 pm

Telstar

Telstar

The New York Times reported that Mayor Pete Buttigieg is suspending his campaign for president.

The Indiana mayor raised buckets of money from excited donors, but when it came to the votes, he came in third in Nevada and fourth in South Carolina. It showed that there were questions about his pathway to victory with people of color.

Buttigieg made history as the first openly gay presidential candidate and he and his husband Chasten added a much-needed inspiration to the LGBTQ community. Last Month, Chasten gave a powerful interview with ABC News where he explained that he and his husband have received attacks from right-wing people like Rush Limbaugh since they came out of the closet.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/mayor-pete-buttigieg-suspends-presidential-race/

2Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Re: Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/2/2020, 10:40 am

zsomething

This is a bummer, 'cuz Mayor Pete was one of my faves... but, after a point ya gotta see that it's just not gonna happen. He's young, he's got a long and bright future. I'm hoping he'll re-focus and run for senate or something in the meantime.

Now, if Bloomberg would just take a hint and fade, and Bernie would have another cardiac event and get the fuck out of the way, we might not waste another election on the ill-defined dreams of one sorry old hippie who should never have been given attention in the first place. Watching people absolutely waste their chance to beat Trump because of their stupid cult is infuriating.

3Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Re: Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/2/2020, 1:48 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:This is a bummer, 'cuz Mayor Pete was one of my faves... but, after a point ya gotta see that it's just not gonna happen.  He's young, he's got a long and bright future.  I'm hoping he'll re-focus and run for senate or something in the meantime.

Now, if Bloomberg would just take a hint and fade, and Bernie would have another cardiac event and get the fuck out of the way, we might not waste another election on the ill-defined dreams of one sorry old hippie who should never have been given attention in the first place.   Watching people absolutely waste their chance to beat Trump because of their stupid cult is infuriating.

What's infuriating is your constant attacks against Bernie. He's not a "hippie"; he's a member of the Silent Generation. I wasn't a hippie, either, but I was antiwar and pro-civil rights. I've already explained that my preferred candidate is Elizabeth Warren. Her platform is not all that far removed from Sanders, and I think she has much more defined plans and the ability to accomplish them. That doesn't diminish my respect for Bernie.

4Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Re: Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/2/2020, 2:15 pm

zsomething

Floridatexan wrote:
zsomething wrote:This is a bummer, 'cuz Mayor Pete was one of my faves... but, after a point ya gotta see that it's just not gonna happen.  He's young, he's got a long and bright future.  I'm hoping he'll re-focus and run for senate or something in the meantime.

Now, if Bloomberg would just take a hint and fade, and Bernie would have another cardiac event and get the fuck out of the way, we might not waste another election on the ill-defined dreams of one sorry old hippie who should never have been given attention in the first place.   Watching people absolutely waste their chance to beat Trump because of their stupid cult is infuriating.

What's infuriating is your constant attacks against Bernie.  He's not a "hippie"; he's a member of the Silent Generation.  I wasn't a hippie, either, but I was antiwar and pro-civil rights.  I've already explained that my preferred candidate is Elizabeth Warren.  Her platform is not all that far removed from Sanders, and I think she has much more defined plans and the ability to accomplish them.  That doesn't diminish my respect for Bernie.

Sorry, but I have no respect for Bernie. There's nothing there to respect. He's the most over-rated do-nothing-but-talk political figure in decades. He's selling plan-less hogwash to a lot of well-meaning people, and he's helping Trump while he's doing it. We have Trump in the first place because of that old bastard, and we'll probably get him again because of him, too. And he's absolutely a hippie -- he's still living in his fantasies from when he was young, and he hasn't updated them a bit. Most of his rhetoric about what other countries do comes from what they were doing decades ago, not now. The guy's completely a nostalgia act, and he's wrapped other people up in it. I don't forgive him because of the damage he's doing. Even if he did get elected -- and he wouldn't -- he'd be such a disasterously disillusioning, disappointing president that he'd wreck the progressive movement for at least a decade. He's got no fucking clue how to implement anything he wants to do. If he did, he'd already have done some of it while in the senate... instead of doing nothing.

Warren is a MUCH better choice if you like Bernie's plans. Warren understands how things work and that compromises will have to be made. Bernie has no clue. I'm absolutely fine with Warren. Hell, I might even vote for her, if things pick up a bit.

Not sure why you wanna take up for Bernie, when Bernie's asshole followers want Warren primaried for just having told the truth about a rule he suddenly wanted changed because it no longer worked to his advantage. Are you keeping track of what Bernie's followers are doing at all? A lot of 'em hate Warren. It makes no sense... but they're a personality cult. She disagreed so they've decided she's "in the way" and has to be destroyed... and they don't only want her out of the presidential race, they want her out of the senate as punishment. Is that even remotely sane? The dude's so divisive that over the weekend he broke up Public Enemy! I mean, shit, why can't people see the guy's poison? What's it fucking take?

The old bastard is imperiling our chances to get rid of Trump, and he's doing it out of his own selfish vanity, because this is the first time he's ever "meant" much of anything in his life... and he's one of those people who nobody should have ever given any attention. If you want to defend him, then you can, but, sorry, I am absolutely not letting up on the bastard, at least not until the primary's over. While there's still any chance to spare the world from Bernie, I'll keep at it. If it makes you mad, sorry, I like ya, but I disagree on him really vehemently. I don't see why people can't see through him.

5Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Re: Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/2/2020, 2:59 pm

Sal

Sal

Klobuchar out - endorsing Biden.

Feel the Joementum.

6Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Re: Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/2/2020, 3:27 pm

zsomething

Sal wrote:Klobuchar out - endorsing Biden.

Feel the Joementum.

I thought she'd hang out through Minnesota, just to deny it to Bernie... but maybe she saw some internal polling that suggested that wasn't likely to happen, and decided it was more important to try to boost Biden and block no-hope from getting the nomination.

Anyway, it's sad to see her go. She was a good candidate. I think she and Pete should have a good future in the party.

7Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Re: Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/2/2020, 6:41 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Notice that Gabbard is still in there. Big Bad Vlad hasn't said nyet, yet. I'll vote for Slow Joe but I wish he could tell Chris Wallace from Chuck Todd. I thought Slow Joe was making a sarcastic joke but old guys get confused a lot.

Sure, Slow Joe is nice but did he have to call republican nabobs like Mike Pompeo and Mike Pence "good" and "decent guys"?

I can't see myself voting for Bernie unless he's the only one left. As for "hippies" well I'll take "hippies" over fat cat rat fucking republicans, every time.

8Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Re: Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/4/2020, 3:56 pm

Sal

Sal

Floridatexan wrote:
What's infuriating is your constant attacks against Bernie.  He's not a "hippie"; he's a member of the Silent Generation.  I wasn't a hippie, either, but I was antiwar and pro-civil rights.  I've already explained that my preferred candidate is Elizabeth Warren.  Her platform is not all that far removed from Sanders, and I think she has much more defined plans and the ability to accomplish them.  That doesn't diminish my respect for Bernie.

And, so comes the acid test for Bernie.

His campaign is under performing and doomed unless something game changing occurs in the next few weeks.

If he refuses to concede in the interest of unifying the party to defeat Trump (as did Buttigeig, as did Klobuchar, and as did even Bloomberg) and carries on with his vanity crusade beyond March, he's everything his critics have claimed and worse.

9Mayor Pete Bows Out Empty Re: Mayor Pete Bows Out 3/4/2020, 6:06 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

And, so comes the acid test for Bernie.

His campaign is under performing and doomed unless something game changing occurs in the next few weeks.

If he refuses to concede in the interest of unifying the party to defeat Trump (as did Buttigeig, as did Klobuchar, and as did even Bloomberg) and carries on with his vanity crusade beyond March, he's everything his critics have claimed and worse.

Not sure if he deserves "weeks." One or two weeks at the most and if he doesn't rise it's time to throw in the towel. Time to join hands and target the real problem, IPOTUS Cancer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum