This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Iowa caucus, New Hampshire and dirty tricks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Besides an untested, buggy smartphone app that was used for the first time, a backup hotline number for caucus organizers to call in results was flooded with nuisance calls after the number was disseminated on social media, party leaders said.

“All the Trump people from around the country started calling and tearing everybody a new one,” Ken Sager, the Iowa Democratic Party treasurer, told members of the party’s central committee on the 1 hour 20 minute call.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/us/politics/iowa-caucus-problems.html

After action analysis of what went wrong with the reporting in Iowa should be a heads up for Democrats. It was embarrassing. It is a good lessen to learn this early in the primary process, but my god, we should expect this from the party of DJT. Not expecting dirty tricks is right up there with Susan Collins and Lamar Alexander thinking IPOTUS will learn from the impeachment experience.

New Hampshire has an open primary. Rush and crew are telling R's to vote for Bernie. A big part of this 2020 campaign will be determining which candidate will be able to effectively deal with all the (100% predictable) incoming cyber attacks and general flood of lies and propaganda.

gatorfan


Both sides play to win, since this is modern day politics apparently ANYTHING goes. Liberals fight dirty too, not just the right side of the aisle. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a naive hypocrite. If the Dems had a "head and shoulders" candidate (which they don't - AGAIN) perhaps things would have been different in Iowa. Turnout was not even close to what was expected. What does that tell you? Voter apathy has set in and the Dem party leadership is acting petty, if not outright childish. Pelosi tearing up the SOTU speech was an indicator that she has lost control of her senses. If the Dems want to win then they need to get back to business. They wasted several years chasing the Trumpet without result. It would be nice if they would put the same energy into solving some of problems facing this country.

zsomething


Y'know what's a real dirty trick? Caucusing in the first place. There shouldn't be caucuses. They're not representative and have been open to all kinds of hijinks (which is why Bernie likes 'em so much -- most of the states he won last time were caucus states). Ditch caucuses, superdelegates, and the electoral college. Let everybody vote and count 'em, that's it.

And, yep, open primaries are going to be major cases of ratfuckery. Bernie's people won't pause a second to wonder why Lungbaugh's getting his people to vote for Bernie. They'll just cheer and tell themselves "Republicans like Bernie!" Then they'll wonder what went wrong when we end up with a Dukakis/Mondale map in November 'cuz the Republicans October-surprised their boy to death.

Meanwhile, Trump's been sent the message that he's never going to be held accountable for anything, and he's working on seeing if he can start putting "political prisoners" in jail. That'll be next. And you can't count on conservatives or right-wing Christians to stand up against it, because they never stand up to a goddamned thing. They're the soulmates of the Germans who sat around during WWII and ignored all the ash in the air.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
We have not even glimpsed the tip of the iceberg that the nation is already crashing into. This article in the Atlantic was linked in the NYT's morning briefing column.  We are hurtling into a national 1984.

There was a report last night on Rachel Maddow's program explaining how the phone lines, intended to be used to report caucus results in Iowa were taken down by an organized social media fed attack. The phone number was posted to Trump supporters who were told to make repeated crank calls to clog the system and render it useless, making reporting impossible.

The Bannon/Putin?Trump syndicate loves destruction and chaos. What Americans need to ask themselves is: what will be left if they succeed? The point being that the disinformation and disruption/destruction campaign is in full swing. Putin/Barr/andTrump Inc. are dead serious. Reality and truth are in their crosshairs. Thank god for Bloomberg's money and tech ability. It's going to take more than door knocking to win this election.

Here's a sample of the Atlantic article. Recommended reading.


Both parties will rely on micro-targeted ads this year, but the president is likely to have a distinct advantage. The Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign have reportedly compiled an average of 3,000 data points on every voter in America. They have spent years experimenting with ways to tweak their messages based not just on gender and geography, but on whether the recipient owns a gun or watches the Golf Channel.

While these ads can be used to try to win over undecided voters, they’re most often deployed for fundraising and for firing up the faithful—and Trump’s advisers believe this election will be decided by mobilization, not persuasion. To turn out the base, the campaign has signaled that it will return to familiar themes: the threat of “illegal aliens”—a term Parscale has reportedly encouraged Trump to use—and the corruption of the “swamp.”

Beyond Facebook, the campaign is also investing in a texting platform that could allow it to send anonymous messages directly to millions of voters’ phones without their permission. Until recently, people had to opt in before a campaign could include them in a mass text. But with new “peer to peer” texting apps—including one developed by Gary Coby, a senior Trump adviser—a single volunteer can send hundreds of messages an hour, skirting federal regulations by clicking “Send” one message at a time. Notably, these messages aren’t required to disclose who’s behind them, thanks to a 2002 ruling by the Federal Election Commission that cited the limited number of characters available in a text.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/03/the-2020-disinformation-war/605530/?te=1&nl=morning-briefing&emc=edit_NN_p_20200207&section=whatElse&campaign_id=9&instance_id=15812&segment_id=21057&user_id=f9d298dd3734869be25150fe898aa5c4&regi_id=84938375ion=whatElse

zsomething


othershoe1030 wrote:We have not even glimpsed the tip of the iceberg that the nation is already crashing into. This article in the Atlantic was linked in the NYT's morning briefing column.  We are hurtling into a national 1984.

There was a report last night on Rachel Maddow's program explaining how the phone lines, intended to be used to report caucus results in Iowa were taken down by an organized social media fed attack. The phone number was posted to Trump supporters who were told to make repeated crank calls to clog the system and render it useless, making reporting impossible.

The Bannon/Putin?Trump syndicate loves destruction and chaos. What Americans need to ask themselves is: what will be left if they succeed? The point being that the disinformation and disruption/destruction campaign is in full swing. Putin/Barr/andTrump Inc. are dead serious. Reality and truth are in their crosshairs. Thank god for Bloomberg's money and tech ability. It's going to take more than door knocking to win this election.

Here's a sample of the Atlantic article. Recommended reading.


Both parties will rely on micro-targeted ads this year, but the president is likely to have a distinct advantage. The Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign have reportedly compiled an average of 3,000 data points on every voter in America. They have spent years experimenting with ways to tweak their messages based not just on gender and geography, but on whether the recipient owns a gun or watches the Golf Channel.

While these ads can be used to try to win over undecided voters, they’re most often deployed for fundraising and for firing up the faithful—and Trump’s advisers believe this election will be decided by mobilization, not persuasion. To turn out the base, the campaign has signaled that it will return to familiar themes: the threat of “illegal aliens”—a term Parscale has reportedly encouraged Trump to use—and the corruption of the “swamp.”

Beyond Facebook, the campaign is also investing in a texting platform that could allow it to send anonymous messages directly to millions of voters’ phones without their permission. Until recently, people had to opt in before a campaign could include them in a mass text. But with new “peer to peer” texting apps—including one developed by Gary Coby, a senior Trump adviser—a single volunteer can send hundreds of messages an hour, skirting federal regulations by clicking “Send” one message at a time. Notably, these messages aren’t required to disclose who’s behind them, thanks to a 2002 ruling by the Federal Election Commission that cited the limited number of characters available in a text.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/03/the-2020-disinformation-war/605530/?te=1&nl=morning-briefing&emc=edit_NN_p_20200207§ion=whatElse&campaign_id=9&instance_id=15812&segment_id=21057&user_id=f9d298dd3734869be25150fe898aa5c4®i_id=84938375ion=whatElse

Yep. We've got a political party of internet trolls, basically. That's really what Trump is, and he appeals to people like 4chan. And the slap-puppets on 4chan don't care a thing about a functioning government, because they don't understand it, anyway -- the live in their computers, most of 'em. So they think it's "fun" to disrupt the election processes of their own country. It's not even real to them, it's all "lulz." Who needs Russia's interference when we've got home-grown morons? When they're not playing with politics they're usually picking out some kid and trying to talk them into suicide or to do mass shootings because they think that's "funny." Or they "SWAT" people -- call police departments claiming a person has a gun and is making threats, hoping the S.W.A.T. team will show up and kill them. 4chan users are just flat-out soulless. 8chan's even worse. Just pits of sickness.


Anyway, next they're planning to hijink open primaries. Rush Limbaugh's already telling Republicans in open-primary states to go vote for Bernie... they're trying to pick their opponent. "Operation Chaos" all over again. They're scared to let the process play out like it's supposed to. Trump wants to be a dictator, and there's a big chunk of his base who are happy to accommodate him.

Sal

Sal
Hate to break it to ya'll, but Bernie is shaping up to be the nominee.

Biden is badly floundering, and Buttigeig gets zero support from the most important Democratic constituency.  

Guiliani and pals are probably already digging and they won't have to dig far.

Maybe, Bloomberg will ride in at the last moment and save us, but it's hard to see the math.

At this moment in time, we're staring right down the barrel of four more years of rising fascism.

zsomething


Sal wrote:Hate to break it to ya'll, but Bernie is shaping up to be the nominee.

Biden is badly floundering, and Buttigeig gets zero support from the most important Democratic constituency.  

Guiliani and pals are probably already digging and they won't have to dig far.

Maybe, Bloomberg will ride in at the last moment and save us, but it's hard to see the math.

At this moment in time, we're staring right down the barrel of four more years of rising fascism.

It's too early to really say yet, and Bernie always does well in caucus states, because they're a "fandom" thing and not very representative. But, yeah, I wish he was doing a lot worse than he is, because he's going to doom us if he's our nominee. The only good things about that are (A) his fanbase will finally have to shut up, and (B) Trump won't have any Democrat to blame when the house-of-cards he turned Obama's strong economy into collapses. O' course, none of that'll matter because a Trump who feels like he has a "mandate" will go full-on dictator by then, and Republicans won't stop him because stopping tyranny ain't exactly their thing.

I like Buttigeig a lot, but yep, that lack of minority appeal is hurting him. I like Biden but it's hard to get excited about an old guy. I'm not sure why Warren's not doing better... she's got most of the same ideas as Bernie, but backed with actual plans (their degree of workability varies, but at least they're not just vague "revolution!" which ya don't even need a politician to do) and she'd have a hope of being electable.

If Bernie's the nominee I'll still crawl out of a flaming car wreck if I have to to vote for the sonofabitch, and I encourage everyone else to do the same, but, I still don't think it'll do much good. I really don't like Bloomberg much, but I'd take him over Bernie. Whoever we nominate I'll be voting for, though. Not gonna sour-grapes nothin'.

Thing is, without Bernie in there using up all the enthusiasm, I think Kamala Harris would've stayed in the race, and she may actually have been our best bet. She didn't get a fair look.

It's hard to defeat a cult that's not seeing reality, and that's what Trump has. They're like Scientologists... you're not gonna get 'em to admit there's no such thing as Xenu, no matter what you do.

Telstar

Telstar
Sal wrote:Hate to break it to ya'll, but Bernie is shaping up to be the nominee.

Biden is badly floundering, and Buttigeig gets zero support from the most important Democratic constituency.  

Guiliani and pals are probably already digging and they won't have to dig far.

Maybe, Bloomberg will ride in at the last moment and save us, but it's hard to see the math.

At this moment in time, we're staring right down the barrel of four more years of rising fascism.



As soon as IPOTUS announced his run for 2016 I predicted he would win the nomination. No way the rest of them could stand up to the 1% AntiChrist and they fell away like rose petals.This year I think you're right about Bloomberg. It will take big money to crush big money, Iron Mike has lots of it. I'll be looking forward to see how he does in his first debate. Hope he chooses a good running mate.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Getting very excited about Bloomberg after seeing a huge sign in the hood here in NOLA! I need to stop in and talk, see what's going on, very encouraging. Everyone says the top priority is to beat DJT, naturally. This is above having a candidate who shares positions.

Today on Deadline Whitehouse, Nicole Wallace, the black reporter said many blacks are backing Mike because they are terrified of DJT being re-elected. They are giving him a pass on stop and frisk. If 45 gets re-elected they we all are toast.

I just signed up to help with text messages etc. for Mike. He knows DJT, he won't take any sh*t from him and he sure as hell won't be called a SOCIALIST by the raving MAGA's! Check out his website:


https://www.mikebloomberg.com

Telstar

Telstar
othershoe1030 wrote:Getting very excited about Bloomberg after seeing a huge sign in the hood here in NOLA! I need to stop in and talk, see what's going on, very encouraging. Everyone says the top priority is to beat DJT, naturally. This is above having a candidate who shares positions.

Today on Deadline Whitehouse, Nicole Wallace, the black reporter said many blacks are backing Mike because they are terrified of DJT being re-elected. They are giving him a pass on stop and frisk. If 45 gets re-elected they we all are toast.

I just signed up to help with text messages etc. for Mike. He knows DJT, he won't take any sh*t from him and he sure as hell won't be called a SOCIALIST by the raving MAGA's! Check out his website:


https://www.mikebloomberg.com






Iowa caucus, New Hampshire and dirty tricks Bloomb10

RealLindaL


othershoe1030 wrote:Getting very excited about Bloomberg after seeing a huge sign in the hood here in NOLA! I need to stop in and talk, see what's going on, very encouraging. Everyone says the top priority is to beat DJT, naturally. This is above having a candidate who shares positions.

Today on Deadline Whitehouse, Nicole Wallace, the black reporter said many blacks are backing Mike because they are terrified of DJT being re-elected. They are giving him a pass on stop and frisk. If 45 gets re-elected they we all are toast.

I just signed up to help with text messages etc. for Mike. He knows DJT, he won't take any sh*t from him and he sure as hell won't be called a SOCIALIST by the raving MAGA's! Check out his website:


https://www.mikebloomberg.com

I'm very anxious to hear more about Bloomberg and hope you'll keep us in the loop as to what you learn, othershoe, even though my son, a long-time New Yorker (now living in Chicago) doesn't have anything good to say about him:

"Yeah not a big Bloomberg fan. He essentially helped turned NYC into a playground for the 1% and Disneyfied a bunch of the city.  He’s no Trump obviously, and I’d take him if he gets the nomination, but I don’t think he will.

"Not sure how he will fare in the debates. Not sure he’s ever really had to debate anything publicly. He’s always come off as kinda whiny though to me. I think he’ll be a tough sell to most of the country."


Hope sonny boy is wrong, since nobody else in the Democratic field gives me any confidence at all.  Biden is sounding worse and worse, sad to say. Had some hope for Buttigieg, but in tonight's debate Mayor Pete stumbled at questioning about the police vs. African American problem in South Bend.  He got that look I've seen on him a couple of times when called to task over an evasive answer to a tough question - almost like a deer in the headlights. NOT a good look for someone who needs to be able to take on Trump.  And he never did come up with a satisfactory response to the query.

All in all, it's downright terrifying to be a liberal-leaning American right now.  Bloomberg to the rescue?  We'll see.  I know he'll continue to get dumped on by most of the other candidates for being a billionaire, but at least Trump and the Republicans won't be able to call him out for being wealthy.  Ha.

Telstar

Telstar
RealLindaL wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Getting very excited about Bloomberg after seeing a huge sign in the hood here in NOLA! I need to stop in and talk, see what's going on, very encouraging. Everyone says the top priority is to beat DJT, naturally. This is above having a candidate who shares positions.

Today on Deadline Whitehouse, Nicole Wallace, the black reporter said many blacks are backing Mike because they are terrified of DJT being re-elected. They are giving him a pass on stop and frisk. If 45 gets re-elected they we all are toast.

I just signed up to help with text messages etc. for Mike. He knows DJT, he won't take any sh*t from him and he sure as hell won't be called a SOCIALIST by the raving MAGA's! Check out his website:


https://www.mikebloomberg.com

I'm very anxious to hear more about Bloomberg and hope you'll keep us in the loop as to what you learn, othershoe, even though my son, a long-time New Yorker (now living in Chicago) doesn't have anything good to say about him:

"Yeah not a big Bloomberg fan. He essentially helped turned NYC into a playground for the 1% and Disneyfied a bunch of the city.  He’s no Trump obviously, and I’d take him if he gets the nomination, but I don’t think he will.

"Not sure how he will fare in the debates. Not sure he’s ever really had to debate anything publicly. He’s always come off as kinda whiny though to me. I think he’ll be a tough sell to most of the country."


Hope sonny boy is wrong, since nobody else in the Democratic field gives me any confidence at all.  Biden is sounding worse and worse, sad to say. Had some hope for Buttigieg, but in tonight's debate Mayor Pete stumbled at questioning about the police vs. African American problem in South Bend.  He got that look I've seen on him a couple of times when called to task over an evasive answer to a tough question - almost like a deer in the headlights. NOT a good look for someone who needs to be able to take on Trump.  And he never did come up with a satisfactory response to the query.

All in all, it's downright terrifying to be a liberal-leaning American right now.  Bloomberg to the rescue?  We'll see.  I know he'll continue to get dumped on by most of the other candidates for being a billionaire, but at least Trump and the Republicans won't be able to call him out for being wealthy.  Ha.



Your son was right about NYC under Bloomberg. Was he in NYC during the 70's and 80'? Not exactly Disney but you might see a bum with his pants down and taking a dump right outside the post office or a well dressed wall street type having a crack meltdown on 42 street. Well dressed except he wasn't wearing any shirt or shoes. Not really "Fun City."

Your son may be right about Iron Mike being a tough sell to most of the country but that all depends on how much money he wants to spend on buying it. Judging by his 24/7 anti IPOTUS adds he's willing to spend a ton of it. I think most Americans are sick of the IPOTUS circus and want someone who at least knows how to walk and talk like an actual POTUS. Mike might even pick up support from some of the Republicans. Like IPOTUS, he knows Republicans will sell the souls of their own children If they think it will put  an extra dollar in their pocket.

Even though I joked about Slow Joe, I was hoping he could turn it around but he looks more and more like a guy who missed his stop. I still don't trust Mayor Pete. Warren seemed to fade as the debate went on. Yang was pretty much out of sight and I don't mean in a good way and Bernie was Bernie. Klobuchar perked up a little but not much.


Sure the republicans will dump on Iron Mike and even try to tag him with a silly nickname like "little guy" but all the Democrats need to remember is "little guy" is the nickname that Stormy Daniels gave to "tiny mushroom" in the pants of IPOTUS. Now here is a blast from the past for those who want to see how a real politician performs during a debate as opposed to a drug fueled tyrant. Bloomberg spent $74 million on TV adds to attack his opponent back then. A mere bag of shells compared to what he may spend to crush IPOTUS and scrape him off of his heel and on to the curbside of life. Bloomberg: "Mark you have a right to your own opinions but not a right to your own facts." Ouch! The then Republican Bloomberg even knows which Democrats to steal quotes from like Daniel Patrick Moynihan.


othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Polls show the number one item on the Democrats' wish list is to defeat DJT. This comes before finding a candidate that you share issue positions with. It is of no use to back someone who shares your views if they do not get elected.

Mike is great on the environment, has a reasonable idea for the improvement of our healthcare system, would be widely respected by our allies, and for sure, cannot be labeled a Socialist. I am not holding his fortune against him, nor his tech savvy creds either.

With the GOP in possession of 3,000 data points on each voter it is obvious we are in a serious and also subtle battle for voter support or voter suppression, depending on how you want to look at it. We don't have time for a campaign with training wheels. We need someone who knows the ropes. Even if Bloomberg is not the nominee, he has promised to help in any way he can to get the Democrat elected. Let's hope, if it is not him, that whomever it is has enough sense to take him up on it!

RealLindaL


Tel, my sonny boy started out living in Jersey and working in NYC back in the mid-late 80's.  Can't recall when he actually moved across the river, but he resided in lower Manhattan for quite a long time; didn't leave for Chicago until about a year and half ago.

FYI I had asked the other day what he mean by "Disneyfied" and here's what he said, not what you meant, I don't think:

"Disneyfied, meaning turning NYC into a squeaky clean amusement park for tourists. And for people from Nebraska who saw New York in a movie or TV show and thought it would be a cool gritty place to live, but don’t actually want cool or gritty.  They just want safe and familiar chain restaurants and stores."

(Personally I don't see what's so terrible about any of that.  Sounds like city snobbery to me, honestly.)

In any event, Bloomberg's  biggest battle is likely to be with the progressive half (and it looks like exactly half, based on Iowa) of the Democratic party.

All I can say is that all of us who despise Trump and fear his massive destructiveness had better finally get together behind someone who (I agree with othershoe) can soundly defeat Trump, and that person is looking more and more like Bloomberg.

I know he'll be a disappointment to progressives, but maybe they can find a younger champion in 2024 or beyond.  I can't see him with a progressive running mate, but how does a Bloomberg/Klobuchar ticket sound?  Trouble is, she's come down on monied campaigners; could be a big mistake for her.

Telstar

Telstar
RealLindaL wrote:Tel, my sonny boy started out living in Jersey and working in NYC back in the mid-late 80's.  Can't recall when he actually moved across the river, but he resided in lower Manhattan for quite a long time; didn't leave for Chicago until about a year and half ago.

FYI I had asked the other day what he mean by "Disneyfied" and here's what he said, not what you meant, I don't think:

"Disneyfied, meaning turning NYC into a squeaky clean amusement park for tourists. And for people from Nebraska who saw New York in a movie or TV show and thought it would be a cool gritty place to live, but don’t actually want cool or gritty.  They just want safe and familiar chain restaurants and stores."

(Personally I don't see what's so terrible about any of that.  Sounds like city snobbery to me, honestly.)

In any event, Bloomberg's  biggest battle is likely to be with the progressive half (and it looks like exactly half, based on Iowa) of the Democratic party.

All I can say is that all of us who despise Trump and fear his massive destructiveness had better finally get together behind someone who (I agree with othershoe) can soundly defeat Trump, and that person is looking more and more like Bloomberg.

I know he'll be a disappointment to progressives, but maybe they can find a younger champion in 2024 or beyond.  I can't see him with a progressive running mate, but how does a Bloomberg/Klobuchar ticket sound?  Trouble is, she's come down on monied campaigners; could be a big mistake for her.


That's exactly what I thought your son meant Linda. Before it became Disneyfied with Wax Museums, WWE Wrestling Cafe's and jumbo toys and record stores, Times Square was the the way I described it. Then they cleared out the triple x and grind house movies. Now it looks like LA in Blade Runner with Big Screens on the sides of buildings but that's not so bad. At least it's cleaner and safer.


I'm glad you and Othershoe are starting to warm up to Iron Mike. My how some folks on this page have changed their tunes since back in November when I first started touting Iron Mike. It's not that I love the guy but when Trump first announced I predicted he would win the nomination and he did. I knew he had too much money not to win the nomination. Now when I see the daily barrage of Mike's anti Don adds I see the same thing for the Dems. I'll take Iron Mike over Dizzy Don in a heartbeat and Mark My Words, so will most Dems if that's what it takes. I am a little surprised to see so many Dems jumping off the Slowjoe bandwagon but I predicted months ago that he could barely crawl, let alone run at this point. Anyway here is a reminder of how some people reacted to Iron Mike, back in November. I wonder if ones own words taste better after a little sugar is sprinkled on them. Smile

http://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t30676-bloomberg-is-in

RealLindaL


Telstar wrote:I'll take Iron Mike over Dizzy Don in a heartbeat and Mark My Words, so will most Dems if that's what it takes. I am a little surprised to see so many Dems jumping off the Slowjoe bandwagon but I predicted months ago that he could barely crawl, let alone run at this point. Anyway here is a reminder of how some people reacted to Iron Mike, back in November. I wonder if ones own words taste better after a little sugar is sprinkled on them.  Smile

http://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t30676-bloomberg-is-in

I don't think anyone has to "Mark Your Words" that most Dems will take Bloomberg over Trump "if that's what it takes." Yep - any day of the week and twice on Sunday, absolutely. (Really, anybody except Gabbard, I agree, but fortunately we'll not have that awful choice to make.)

As for last November, it seemed to me at the time that Bloomberg's entry in the race was way late, but my timeline perspective was off, and was also admittedly heavily influenced by the fact that, at the time, the polls showed Biden waaaay ahead of Trump in a head-to-head matchup, which gave Biden a big lead in my own preferences. Sure, I had worries about Biden; still do (even worse after watching all the debates), though I know he'd surround himself with excellence and smarts in his cabinet rather than a buncha ignorant crooks.

Still haven't counted Biden out entirely, but he's definitely sinking, which ruins all Trump's future plans for more digging in Ukraine -- or should, but I keep forgetting what a sour, vindictive person our Oval Office mafioso is. He won't likely let it go.

BTW, I'm realizing that assigning pejorative nicknames for these people (yes, including Trump) sounds a lot like him. Personally I wouldn't want to be emulating any piece or part of the jerk, since I'd thus be conceding that Trump has poisoned the national discourse.

But that's just moi.

Telstar

Telstar
RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:I'll take Iron Mike over Dizzy Don in a heartbeat and Mark My Words, so will most Dems if that's what it takes. I am a little surprised to see so many Dems jumping off the Slowjoe bandwagon but I predicted months ago that he could barely crawl, let alone run at this point. Anyway here is a reminder of how some people reacted to Iron Mike, back in November. I wonder if ones own words taste better after a little sugar is sprinkled on them.  Smile

http://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t30676-bloomberg-is-in

I don't think anyone has to "Mark Your Words" that most Dems will take Bloomberg over Trump "if that's what it takes."  Yep - any day of the week and twice on Sunday, absolutely.  (Really, anybody except Gabbard, I agree, but fortunately we'll not have that awful choice to make.)

As for last November, it seemed to me at the time that Bloomberg's entry in the race was way late, but my timeline perspective was off, and was also admittedly heavily influenced by the fact that, at the time, the polls showed Biden waaaay ahead of Trump in a head-to-head matchup, which gave Biden a big lead in my own preferences.  Sure, I had worries about Biden; still do (even worse after watching all the debates), though I know he'd surround himself with excellence and smarts in his cabinet rather than a buncha ignorant crooks.  

Still haven't counted Biden out entirely, but he's definitely sinking, which ruins all Trump's future plans for more digging in Ukraine -- or should, but I keep forgetting what a sour, vindictive person our Oval Office mafioso is.  He won't likely let it go.

BTW, I'm realizing that assigning pejorative nicknames for these people (yes, including Trump) sounds a lot like him.  Personally I wouldn't want to be emulating any piece or part of the jerk, since I'd thus be conceding that Trump has poisoned the national discourse.  

But that's just moi.



Yes, that's not me. If they can dish it out they can learn to swallow it. Bill Maher had Andrew Gillum on the other night and Gillum said that Bloomberg should buy Fox News. I said that very same thing on Nov 11 in my Bloomberg link so maybe Gillum reads my comments. If he does, I'm honored.

Maher also had Steve Bannon on and you can smell the fear from the IPOTUS Cult. He was moaning and groaning about Bloomberg spending too much money to destroy IPOTUS. He even talked up Bernie as a better choice for the Dems. LOL poor baby. Then this morning on Fox Sunday, Karl Rove was bitching that Bloomberg is all over the TV. You just know Trump is flipping his wig because he loves TV. LOL.

RealLindaL


OK, I give up -- what's the "I" in IPOTUS stand for?

RealLindaL


As for Bannon saying Bernie was a better choice than Bloomberg for the Dems, how dumb does he really think we are??

Telstar

Telstar
RealLindaL wrote:OK, I give up -- what's the "I" in IPOTUS stand for?



Impeached.

Telstar

Telstar
RealLindaL wrote:As for Bannon saying Bernie was a better choice than Bloomberg for the Dems, how dumb does he really think we are??



Hopefully not as dumb as IPOTUS is.

zsomething


Yeah, I trust Steve Bannon to have the Dem's best interests at heart. Just like I'd let a fox look after a henhouse... The Republicans are really pushing for Bernie, and the Bernie fans aren't suspicious of that at all. Got them freebie stars in their eyes and their fingers in their ears and they aren't gonna listen 'til the opposition research finally starts rolling out, and then they'll go "No fair!" Ain't about fair... The Republicans are going to play cut-throat and I don't think Bernie's people are ready for that, at all. They get their feelings hurt way too badly if anyone even questions him.

There's a lot I don't like about Bloomberg, but if he ends up being an alternative to Bernie, I'd go for it. Whatever beats Trump.

RealLindaL


zsomething wrote:Whatever beats Trump.

That's the bottom line, it appears we all agree.

Telstar

Telstar
RealLindaL wrote:
zsomething wrote:Whatever beats Trump.

That's the bottom line, it appears we all agree.



Yes indeed, welcome aboard.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum