This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Articles of Impeachment

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/2/2019, 4:05 pm

zsomething


RealLindaL wrote:
zsomething wrote:I feel a little like a kid with a magnifying glass burning ants, watching the moron's Twitter feed.  

Spot on as usual z -- but you only watched his Twitter feed???  You should've seen him in the two (count 'em - two) press conferences he had today alongside the virtually silent president of Finland.  UNHINGED, including calling Biden and son "STONE COLD CROOKS" and accusing Adam Schiff  (with, as usual NO evidence) of helping write the whistle blower's complaint.

As if we didn't know it before, the man is certifiably insane.

Good heavens when will this nation be RID OF HIM?????????????????  Can hardly take it any more.

I've only seen a little bit of it, but I'm hoping they'll replay it on TV so I can catch it later. I heard it was pretty crazy.

The pressure's getting to him. Which is weird. He's never seemed like he really took this job seriously (if he did, he might actually try to do it once in a while) so the way he's getting upset is kinda odd. It's like watching a clown actually get mad for real when he's sprayed with seltzer water.

All his criminal misconduct almost seems superfluous when faced with his basic unfitness for office. It's kind of like we have a dog for a president, and people are arguing over whether or not to impeach him for piddling on the rug in the Oval Office and missing the point that we can't have a dog for a president in the first place. The United States has become a clown show as everyone tries to pretend that any of this is in any way normal or acceptable.

77Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/2/2019, 10:56 pm

Telstar

Telstar
zsomething wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
zsomething wrote:I feel a little like a kid with a magnifying glass burning ants, watching the moron's Twitter feed.  

Spot on as usual z -- but you only watched his Twitter feed???  You should've seen him in the two (count 'em - two) press conferences he had today alongside the virtually silent president of Finland.  UNHINGED, including calling Biden and son "STONE COLD CROOKS" and accusing Adam Schiff  (with, as usual NO evidence) of helping write the whistle blower's complaint.

As if we didn't know it before, the man is certifiably insane.

Good heavens when will this nation be RID OF HIM?????????????????  Can hardly take it any more.

I've only seen a little bit of it, but I'm hoping they'll replay it on TV so I can catch it later.  I heard it was pretty crazy.

The pressure's getting to him.  Which is weird.  He's never seemed like he really took this job seriously (if he did, he might actually try to do it once in a while) so the way he's getting upset is kinda odd.  It's like watching a clown actually get mad for real when he's sprayed with seltzer water.

All his criminal misconduct almost seems superfluous when faced with his basic unfitness for office.  It's kind of like we have a dog for a president, and people are arguing over whether or not to impeach him for piddling on the rug in the Oval Office and missing the point that we can't have a dog for a president in the first place.   The United States has become a clown show as everyone tries to pretend that any of this is in any way normal or acceptable.





"Are you talking to me?" LOL

78Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/3/2019, 12:42 am

RealLindaL


zsomething wrote:All his criminal misconduct almost seems superfluous when faced with his basic unfitness for office.  It's kind of like we have a dog for a president, and people are arguing over whether or not to impeach him for piddling on the rug in the Oval Office and missing the point that we can't have a dog for a president in the first place.

OK, this is CLASSIC.   I'm sending this quote to friends all over the nation.   It somehow needs to be enshrined.  How perfectly "perfect" can one's analysis be, I ask everyone??

79Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/3/2019, 11:27 am

zsomething


Goddamn, the dude just has NO KNOWLEDGE of what's criminal, does he?

He just asked China and the Ukraine, in public, to investigate his already-debunked Biden conspiracy theory:

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1179774844969328641

The very thing he's being investigated for impeachment for, he just freakin' does all over again. Not as directly since it's not one-on-one, but... shit.

I do not know how anyone defends this guy at all and still considers themselves any kind of "patriot." I really don't. I get partisanship, but, Jesus, things gotta have a limit. Al Franken takes a goofy idiotic photo and the Dems kick him out of the senate because, damnit, he shoulda known better. Trump frickin' asks adversarial countries to meddle in our election processes, and Republicans scramble to figure out a way to defend him.

It's surreal. How can anybody be that stupid -- both Trump for doing what he does, and his followers for still supporting him?

80Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/3/2019, 12:47 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum
We have treaties in place with the Ukraine, China, EU... etc to exchange information having to do with criminal activities. I'm glad that your heads are exploding... again... but you won't like how this ends comrades.

Treaty Between the United States of America and Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters with Annex, signed at Kiev on July 22, 1998, and with an Exchange of Notes signed on September 30, 1999, which provides for its provisional application.

https://www.congress.gov/treaty-document/106th-congress/16/document-text

81Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/3/2019, 1:00 pm

zsomething


↑↑↑↑↑ I ask how anyone can be that stupid, and I get an example like special-dadgum-delivery! lol!



The point about Trump actually being a victim of "fake news" -- because Trump believes fake news, like that shit about the Bidens from FOX -- is pretty spot-on. His supporters are victims of fake news, too -- all that horseshit they keep reading and believing.

82Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/3/2019, 2:18 pm

zsomething


It is also worth noting that Ukraine already investigated the Bidens and found that they weren't guilty of anything.

What Trump really is asking Ukraine and China to do is concoct frame-ups for him in exchange for favors. He wants them to make things up to serve his needs.

Trump's got a meeting with China on trade next week. This was a shout-out to them to cook something up on the Bidens and bring that to the table if they want to have more chips in the game, so they can get a better deal.

It's like Benghazi -- if conservatives can't find any wrongdoing, that doesn't matter: they know their base are idiots and as long as they say there's any kind of conspiracy theory, their base will immediately jump right to "the Democrats are guilty" and it won't matter what the truth is.

I mean, look at our resident unwanted fuckwit we're plagued by here. It doesn't matter how much you debunk whatever his pet bullshit-of-the-week is, be in "uranium one" or "fast and furious" or you-name-it, he's gonna keep believing it because he (A) doesn't give a damn about the truth and (B) thrives on the very sort of confirmation bias that he constantly decries. And he's indicative of the norm for that entire party. Fed on bullshit, spewing bullshit. Truth doesn't matter, it's enough that there are accusations.

83Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/3/2019, 8:11 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Someone on Twitter this morning jokingly asked if anyone knew if he was going to be tried as an adult!

It's hard to decide whether he's as stupid and uninformed as he appears or what. Certainly, after having just dodged the bullet via the Mueller report, you would think he would have learned that dealing with foreign governments was frowned upon, but...

People have been on the news shows telling how they tried to fill him in on the world situation, you know, like history and it is impossible. Once he makes up his mind about something there is nothing that will make a dent in it. I wonder if he thinks the moon is made of green cheese?

84Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/4/2019, 9:05 am

zsomething


othershoe1030 wrote:Someone on Twitter this morning jokingly asked if anyone knew if he was going to be tried as an adult!


Laughing That's beautiful!

Honestly, I'm not sure he understands the difference between right and wrong. Maybe he's hoping to use that for a defense. "I can't be guilty because I'm a sociopath and don't know that doing the things I do is crooked!"

The only defense the Republicans have now after the text messages came out is a really desperate one -- trying to re-define what's corrupt behavior and what isn't. And that's only making them all look more morally bereft. Really, their only options now are to hold Trump accountable for what is clearly wrongdoing, or let it be known that they're a party of criminals who micro-manages the law when their opposition is in power, but ignores it completely when it applies to one of their own. Being the hypocrites that they are, it's not gonna surprise me much if they go with trying to defend Trump. They know their base are a bunch of fake-ass phony-"Christians" who won't care what they do, and that everybody else already knows they're crooks... so, they have little to lose no matter how blatant their hypocrisy runs.

85Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/15/2019, 11:55 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

86Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/23/2019, 9:51 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

From White House on FB:


Since day one, the left has been on a mission to dispute, deny, and re-litigate the results of the 2016 election.

They aren't just trying to penalize a political outsider for taking office.

They’re trying to penalize the American people for choosing President Trump.


**************

So sick of reading this self-serving crap on the WH feed. He just sold out the Kurds to the Russians and the Turks, with more than 200 casualties, plus some ISIS prisoners that escaped (but now they're all rounded up, so all good...oh, and some leftover nukes...but, hey...this is just a witch hunt.) Over 1,000 days of complete madness...and evil.

87Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/24/2019, 9:37 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum
www.nytimes.com/2019/10/24/us/politics/john-durham-criminal-investigation.amp.html

88Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/25/2019, 12:36 am

RealLindaL


Durham's merely a figurehead -- and probably an impotent one at that -- in this supposed "criminal" investigation of the Department of Justice by the DOJ itself.  Trump and his flunky Barr are orchestrating it all, in a petulant, retaliatory move against those who DARED investigate 2016 Russian intervention and Trump's role in same, and as yet another diversion from Trump's looming impeachment.  

This conspiracy-theory-fueled attempt will eventually be exposed for the utter sham it is.  Unfortunately, that takes time, and meanwhile, yet another brick will be dislodged, as the damage to our nation's beloved house grows daily more grave, and as yet more patriotic American intelligence professionals find their careers and reputations in tatters.

This is a terrifying time to be an American, much less a member of our once-respected intelligence community.   Every U.S. citizen should suffer very troubled sleep tonight.

I know I will.

89Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/25/2019, 6:44 am

PkrBum

PkrBum
Let's just play by one set of rules and standards. Mkay?

90Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/25/2019, 7:46 am

Telstar

Telstar
PkrBum wrote:Now where did I put my dope pills?

91Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/31/2019, 12:25 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

House votes to formalize impeachment inquiry procedures

By Clare Foran, Jeremy Herb, Alex Rogers and Haley Byrd, CNN

Updated 12:15 PM ET, Thu October 31, 2019

Washington (CNN) -- "The House of Representatives on Thursday approved a resolution to formalize the procedures of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, marking a significant step in the ongoing investigation and setting the stage for the next phase in the investigation.

The vote was 232-196 and was the first time that the full House chamber took a vote related to the inquiry.

The resolution passed largely on party lines. Two Democrats, Reps. Jeff Van Drew of New Jersey and Collin Peterson of Minnesota, split with their colleagues to vote against the resolution. No Republicans supported it. Independent Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan, who left the Republican party earlier this year, voted in favor.

The resolution provides the procedural details for how the House will move its impeachment inquiry into its next phase as it investigates a whistleblower complaint alleging that the President attempted to pressure Ukraine to interfere in the 2020 presidential election by investigating the family of his potential political rival, former Vice President Joe Biden.

The speaker usually does not preside, but for this historic vote, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi did so Thursday morning. Pelosi also voted for the resolution, which is typically reserved only for drawing specific attention to an issue.

Before the vote, Pelosi said she had the votes to pass the resolution but called it a "sad day" because "nobody comes to Congress to impeach a president."
"Today we move further down the path in our inquiry by putting forth our procedures, which are very transparent and open and frankly more transparent and more open giving more privileges to the President," Pelosi said.

Pelosi added: "It isn't about partisanship, it's about patriotism."..."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/31/politics/house-impeachment-inquiry-resolution-floor-vote/index.html?utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2019-10-31T15%3A39%3A00&utm_term=link&fbclid=IwAR2qgiDkRT27a9A9EB2CUU_XzepkUz38xQ15E76Ua75N0AxATbxCtpjZrv8

92Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 10/31/2019, 1:59 pm

Sal

Sal
Floridatexan wrote:
No Republicans supported it.

Illustrating once and for all that this country now has one party committed to liberal democracy and the rule of law, and one that has definitively rejected both.

The Republican party is now comprised entirely of fascists and fascism enablers.

93Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 11/4/2019, 9:26 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum
BREAKING: Hunter Biden’s Ukraine Gas Firm Urged Obama Admin To End Corruption Allegations, Report Says  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-hunter-bidens-ukraine-gas-firm-urged-obama-admin-to-end-corruption-allegations-report-says

A new report released on Monday night alleges that the Ukrainian gas company, Burisma, that employed Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, pressed the Obama administration to end the corruption allegations against them during the 2016 election year.

In February 2016, a representative from Burisma sought to meet with Undersecretary of State Catherine A. Novelli to discuss the allegations of corruption that the U.S. government was making toward the company, according to memos obtained by award-winning investigative John Solomon.

“Just three weeks before Burisma’s overture to State, Ukrainian authorities raided the home of the oligarch who owned the gas firm and employed Hunter Biden, a signal the long-running corruption probe was escalating in the middle of the U.S. presidential election,” Solomon wrote. “Hunter Biden’s name, in fact, was specifically invoked by the Burisma representative as a reason the State Department should help, according to a series of email exchanges among U.S. officials trying to arrange the meeting.”

A February 24, 2016, email between State Department officials stated:

Per our conversation, Karen Tramontano of Blue Star Strategies requested a meeting to discuss with U/S Novelli USG remarks alleging Burisma (Ukrainian energy company) of corruption. She noted that two high profile U.S. citizens are affiliated with the company (including Hunter Biden as a board member). Tramontano would like to talk with U/S Novelli about getting a better understanding of how the U.S. came to the determination that the company is corrupt. According to Tramontano there is no evidence of corruption, has been no hearing or process, and evidence to the contrary has not been considered. Would appreciate any background you may be able to provide on this issue and suggested TPs for U/S Novelli’s meeting.

“Tramontano was a lawyer working for Blue Star Strategies, a Washington firm that was hired by Burisma to help end a long-running corruption investigation against the gas firm in Ukraine,” Solomon added. “Tramontano and another Blue Star official, Sally Painter, both alumni of Bill Clinton’s administration, worked with New York-based criminal defense attorney John Buretta to settle the Ukraine cases in late 2016 and 2017.”

Solomon notes that a meeting was scheduled for March 1, 2016, between Tramontano and Novelli, although it was not known whether or not the meeting actually occurred.

However, a meeting was reportedly secured between Hunter Biden’s business partner and fellow Burisma board member, Devon Archer, and Secretary of State John Kerry.

Last year, Biden bragged to an audience about how he threatened Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in March 2016 that if he did not fire the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma that he would withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid from the country.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden told the audience. “Well, son of a bitch, he got fired.”

94Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 11/5/2019, 1:45 am

Telstar

Telstar
Pop another one.

Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Pkr_bu21

95Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 11/5/2019, 2:20 am

RealLindaL


Read it and weep, speaking of fake news:

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/fact-trump-tv-ad-misleads-on-biden-and-ukraine/

But the Obama administration, not just Biden, joined the international community and anti-corruption advocates in Ukraine in calling for [Prosecutor] Shokin to be removed from office for his failure to aggressively prosecute corruption.


I.E.,  Shokin was forced out because of his failure to prosecute, NOT for his prosecution of Hunter Biden --and in FACT there is zero evidence that Hunter was even under investigation at the time, much less being prosecuted:

The implication is that Biden wanted Ukraine to fire Shokin and close its investigation of Burisma to protect his son, Hunter, who served on the company’s board from 2014 to 2019. But, as we have written before, there is no evidence to support the claim that Hunter Biden was under investigation or that his father acted to kill the investigation of Burisma.

96Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 11/5/2019, 8:35 am

PkrBum

PkrBum
Leftist narrative. The marching band of herd mentality.

The leftist ruling elite were feeding at the corrupt Ukrainian trough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/donald-trump-impeachment-joe-biden-ukraine-20190925.html%3foutputType=amp

97Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 11/5/2019, 11:54 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
PkrBum wrote:Leftist narrative. The marching band of herd mentality.

The leftist ruling elite were feeding at the corrupt Ukrainian trough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/opinion/commentary/donald-trump-impeachment-joe-biden-ukraine-20190925.html%3foutputType=amp

CIA Torture Groupie Marc Thiessen Lies About Everything


Pareene
03/22/10 12:42PM
Filed to: SERIOUS PEOPLE

If you're looking for a good newspaper job, kids, try arguing for the most ethically indefensible thing you can possibly think of using faulty logic, blatant falsehoods, and flagrant omissions. It worked for Bush speechwriter and torture-lover Marc Thiessen!

Jane Mayer points out that Mr. Thiessen's book, which is about how torture is wonderful, gets a lot of things very wrong.

The C.I.A. killed Manadel al-Jamadi at Abu Ghraib. There was torture at Guantanamo. The Heathrow plot was foiled by the Brits and the Pakistanis, and not through C.I.A. torture. Al-Qaeda has carried out numerous attacks against "American interests abroad" since the C.I.A. began torturing people. Those are all very well-documented things that Marc Thiessen gets wrong (or lies about) in his book about how much he loves torturing people.

Marc Theissen, who put all those lies in that book and who probably drinks from a coffee mug that says "World's Best Defender of Doing Things That We Prosecuted Nazis For Doing," was recently hired to be an op-ed columnist for the Washington Post. He has a column today, in fact! It's about how earmarks are bad and how Republicans who hate earmarks are good and fiscally responsible but they used to not be fiscally responsible and independent voters who are concerned about government spending will reward Republicans for banning earmarks.

It is inane and boring. It reads like a robot was told to split the difference between David Brooks and Bill Kristol.

So not only does he hold a morally reprehensible position on torture (one that has been completely normalized because of people like the editors of the Washington Post), and not only is he either ignorant of the facts or simply lying to support his morally reprehensible position, but he is also a boring and predictable writer with boring and predictable thoughts on boring and predictable subjects.

https://gawker.com/5499204/cia-torture-groupie-marc-thiessen-lies-about-everything

**************

Marc Thiessen served as Chief Speechwriter to President George W. Bush from 2004-2008 and as Chief Speechwriter to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld from 2001-2004.

Prior to joining the Bush Administration, Thiessen spent more than six years on Capitol Hill as spokesman and senior policy advisor to Senator Jesse Helms.[1] Thiessen was also press secretary for the 1994 Huffington for Senate campaign in California. He worked for Congressman Vin Weber at the think tank Empower America and spent his first five years in Washington at the public affairs firm of Black, Manafort, Stone & Kelly.[2] Thiessen’s writing has appeared in numerous publications including Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and National Review and he has appeared frequently on television and radio, including Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, the BBC, and NPR.[1][2]

Currently, Thiessen is a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution and one of the principals of Oval Office Writers, LLC.[2]

sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Marc_Thiessen

*************

The world according to Marc Thiessen

Good news from a Trump defender

Dan Rottenberg
January 08, 2019 in Editor's Corner

Here’s exciting news from the conservative columnist Marc A. Thiessen. “In his second year in office,” Thiessen informed his readers last week, “the list of extraordinary things Donald Trump has done, for good and ill, continued to grow. Today, I offer my annual list of the ten best things Trump has done in office.”

The Constitution’s injunction against cruel and unusual punishment prevents me from disseminating Thiessen’s complete list. (If you must read it, click here. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.)

But let’s cut to the chase. What, in Thiessen’s opinion, was Trump’s number-one best presidential achievement in 2018?

“He stood by Brett Kavanaugh and even in the worst moments never wavered.”

From Manafort to Rumsfeld to Bush

Now, reasonable people may differ about Justice Kavanaugh’s fitness for the Supreme Court. Reasonable people may also differ about Marc Thiessen’s credentials as a public-affairs pundit.

His résumé is — how can I say this gently? — limited in its exposure to diverse viewpoints. Thiessen launched his D.C. career by spending five years at Paul Manafort’s lobbying firm — yes, the same Paul Manafort who subsequently (after his pro-Russian client was driven from the Ukrainian presidency) offered his services gratis to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign and last year was convicted of eight charges of tax and bank fraud. Thiessen served as chief speechwriter for President George W. Bush as well as Bush’s defense secretary, Donald Rumsfeld, neither of whose rhetoric has ever been mistaken for Winston Churchill’s. Thiessen's one book is a defense of the torture memos and "enhanced interrogation methods" used by the CIA during Bush’s administration. He prepared for his current residency at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank, by serving as a visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution, another conservative think tank.

(The term “think tank” is itself a misnomer. Most think tanks — liberal as well as conservative — are actually "belief tanks" dedicated to promoting their members’ preconceived notions.)

But surely liberals and conservatives alike can agree that Marc Thiessen is a dedicated champion of conservative Republican principles. And here’s my point: In his celebration of President Trump’s top ten achievements over the past twelve months, the best triumph this devoted apologist for the president could come up with was… Brett Kavanaugh? With friends like Thiessen, does Trump need enemies?

Trump’s blunders

Presumably in the interest of balance, Thiessen resurfaced this week with his catalogue of Trump’s worst blunders of 2018. This inventory of errors failed to dent Thiessen’s loyalty to his hero.

“With the exception of troop withdrawals and family separations,” Thiessen concludes, “most of the items on this list were transgressions of style rather than substance. With the mute button on, the Trump presidency is pretty good from a conservative policy perspective.”

He’s got a point there. If only Mussolini hadn’t made demagogic speeches from balconies, he would have been a superb chief executive. If only John Wilkes Booth had checked his trigger finger, he’d be remembered today as a great actor. If only tigers were vegetarians, they’d make really interesting pets.

A mute button for Trump! Why didn’t I think of that solution? Maybe because I lack exposure to the cross-pollination of ideas that all think-tank fellows absorb by osmosis?

https://www.broadstreetreview.com/editors-corner/the-world-according-to-mark-thiessen#

****************

98Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 11/5/2019, 12:04 pm

Telstar

Telstar
PkrBum wrote: Where is my roomba wife?




Pure garbage from the Michigan pill popper! Twisted Evil

99Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 11/13/2019, 2:06 pm

zsomething


I'm actually embarrassed for Republicans today. They're done. After the testimonies being given today, if they keep making excuses or trying to play denial, they're going to have no integrity whatsoever.

Fuh. King. DONE.

100Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 Empty Re: Trump Articles of Impeachment on 11/14/2019, 12:02 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
PkrBum wrote:BREAKING: Hunter Biden’s Ukraine Gas Firm Urged Obama Admin To End Corruption Allegations, Report Says  

https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-hunter-bidens-ukraine-gas-firm-urged-obama-admin-to-end-corruption-allegations-report-says

A new report released on Monday night alleges that the Ukrainian gas company, Burisma, that employed Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son, Hunter Biden, pressed the Obama administration to end the corruption allegations against them during the 2016 election year.

In February 2016, a representative from Burisma sought to meet with Undersecretary of State Catherine A. Novelli to discuss the allegations of corruption that the U.S. government was making toward the company, according to memos obtained by award-winning investigative John Solomon.

“Just three weeks before Burisma’s overture to State, Ukrainian authorities raided the home of the oligarch who owned the gas firm and employed Hunter Biden, a signal the long-running corruption probe was escalating in the middle of the U.S. presidential election,” Solomon wrote. “Hunter Biden’s name, in fact, was specifically invoked by the Burisma representative as a reason the State Department should help, according to a series of email exchanges among U.S. officials trying to arrange the meeting.”

A February 24, 2016, email between State Department officials stated:

Per our conversation, Karen Tramontano of Blue Star Strategies requested a meeting to discuss with U/S Novelli USG remarks alleging Burisma (Ukrainian energy company) of corruption. She noted that two high profile U.S. citizens are affiliated with the company (including Hunter Biden as a board member). Tramontano would like to talk with U/S Novelli about getting a better understanding of how the U.S. came to the determination that the company is corrupt. According to Tramontano there is no evidence of corruption, has been no hearing or process, and evidence to the contrary has not been considered. Would appreciate any background you may be able to provide on this issue and suggested TPs for U/S Novelli’s meeting.

“Tramontano was a lawyer working for Blue Star Strategies, a Washington firm that was hired by Burisma to help end a long-running corruption investigation against the gas firm in Ukraine,” Solomon added. “Tramontano and another Blue Star official, Sally Painter, both alumni of Bill Clinton’s administration, worked with New York-based criminal defense attorney John Buretta to settle the Ukraine cases in late 2016 and 2017.”

Solomon notes that a meeting was scheduled for March 1, 2016, between Tramontano and Novelli, although it was not known whether or not the meeting actually occurred.

However, a meeting was reportedly secured between Hunter Biden’s business partner and fellow Burisma board member, Devon Archer, and Secretary of State John Kerry.

Last year, Biden bragged to an audience about how he threatened Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in March 2016 that if he did not fire the prosecutor that was investigating Burisma that he would withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid from the country.

“I said, ‘You’re not getting the billion.’ I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money,’” Biden told the audience. “Well, son of a bitch, he got fired.”

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
THIS CLOWN AGAIN?  His name has been mentioned in the impeachment hearings for pushing Giuliani's wacko conspiracy theories. Lutsenko was fired for FAILING TO PROSECUTE Burisma.

Trump Articles of Impeachment - Page 4 John_soloman_10.15.19

Impeachment witnesses trash John Solomon's “reporting” in The Hill

WRITTEN BY ERIC KLEEFELD

PUBLISHED 11/11/19 3:19 PM EST


Right-wing columnist and current Fox News contributor John Solomon has served as a major conduit for the many conspiracy theories President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani has pushed about Ukraine, and Solomon’s writing in The Hill has come up frequently in the impeachment inquiry hearings. One thing is clear: Multiple witnesses — a diverse group ranging from nonpartisan officials to Republican appointees — have called out the false narratives in his stories.

Solomon’s reporting pushed conspiracy theories alleging corruption by Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden, and alleging that Ukraine was involved in 2016 election interference. And his work relied heavily on, among others, then-Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko. In his testimony on October 3, Kurt Volker, who served as U.S. ambassador to NATO under President George W. Bush and then served for over two years under Trump as the U.S. special representative for Ukraine negotiations, said of Solomon’s reporting that Lutsenko was “making things up” to play the Trump administration and protect his own political position:

My opinion of Prosecutor General Lutsenko was that he was acting in a self-serving manner, frankly making things up, in order to appear important to the United States, because he wanted to save his job. He was on his way out with the election of a new President. You could read the writing on the wall. This was before [current Ukrainian President Volodymyr] Zelensky was elected, but you could see the wave of popularity.

He had been put in place by the former President, Petro Poroshenko. I think there were a couple motivations to this, but I think most important was that he would stay in office probably to prevent investigations into himself for things that he may have done as prosecutor general.

And so by making himself seem important and valuable to the United States, the United States then might object or prevent him from being removed by the new President.

Solomon had also claimed that Biden had withheld a billion dollars worth of aid to Ukraine until the government fired then-top prosecutor Viktor Shokin in order to shut down an investigation into Burisma Holdings and Biden’s son Hunter, who was on the company’s board.

In his testimony, Volker made clear that, in fact, Biden’s push for Shokin’s firing in 2016 was a legitimate U.S. (and also international) policy interest: “And it was a general assumption — I was not doing U.S. policy at the time — but a general assumption among the European Union, France, Germany, American diplomats, U.K., that Shokin was not doing his job as a prosecutor general. He was not pursuing corruption cases.”

Also discussing Solomon in her testimony was former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, whom Solomon had targeted in his work with a major smear campaign falsely alleging that she had provided a do-not-prosecute list to Ukrainian prosecutors. In her October 11 testimony, Yovanovitch professed there was a certain puzzlement in the bureaucracy over what Solomon’s articles in The Hill were even about:

Q: So after you learned about this in The Hill, did you have any additional conversations with people, either Americans in the embassy, or Ukrainian officials about the reports?

A: Well, in the embassy we were trying to figure out what was going on. I also, of course, was in touch with folks in Washington at the NSC, and at the State Department to try to figure out what was this, what was going on.

Q: What did you learn?

A: Not much. I mean, I think people were not sure. On the 25th, the day after The Hill article came out, the State Department had a pretty strong statement that said that Mr. Lutsenko's allegations were a fabrication, and then, you know, over the weekend, there was a lot more in the media. And, you know, the State Department was trying to figure out how to respond, I think, during that time and the following week. But I didn't get very much information.

Yovanovitch further explained that the media narratives against her and her office had become so intense that “the State Department did not feel that they could actually even issue, in the face of all of this, a full-throated kind of statement of support for me. ... There was concern that the rug would be pulled out from underneath the State Department if they put out something publicly.”

And Fiona Hill, a former aide to then-national security adviser John Bolton, discussed on October 14 the absurd conspiracy theories that Solomon and Lutsenko had peddled relating to alleged Ukrainian interference in the 2016 presidential election:

Q: And what did you understand that interest to have been when you initially learned about it?

A: To be honest, I had a hard time figuring out quite what it was about because there were references to George Soros; there were references to 2016; and then there were all kinds of references to — when I first read the article in The Hill, which I think was in late March of 2019, it was referring to do-not-prosecute lists and statements from the Ukrainian prosecutor, Mr. Lutsenko, none of which I'd ever heard of anything about before.

Q: And at this point, what was your impression of the Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko?

A: I hadn't really formed much of a personal opinion of him, but certainly from the information that I had, not just from our embassy but from also colleagues at the State Department and others across the analytical community, there were clearly some problems with this gentleman in the way that he was conducting his work.

Hill also tied Solomon’s work — and Giuliani’s obsession with it — to the far-right conspiracy mongering from the likes of InfoWars host Alex Jones:

Q: Well, some of the results about the information Mr. Giuliani was proffering —

A: Right.

Q: — you testified yielded the unpleasant result of Ambassador Yovanovitch being recalled?

A: Oh, Ambassador Yovanovitch being recalled. Well, yes, if you believe in conspiracy theories and, as you said, you know, and you don't have any —

Q: Right.

A: — alternative ways of fact checking or looking into issues, if you believe that George Soros rules the world and, you know, basically controls everything, and, you know, if you —

Q: Was Mr. Giuliani pushing that?

A: He mentioned George Soros repeatedly, and The Hill article as well did and many others.

Q: But just the March 24th Hill article?

A: I think it was the 20th or something like that, that I saw.

Q: Okay.

A And I was very sensitized to this issue because in the whole first year at the NSC —

Q: Right.

A: — more people, myself included, were being accused of being Soros moles. And, indeed, I'm out on InfoWars again with Roger Stone, Alex Jones purporting that indeed from the very beginning I've been involved in a George Soros-led conspiracy.

Things got really scathing in the October 15 congressional interview with George Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state and a U.S. foreign service officer since 1992. Kent said his name had been connected to an alleged do-not-prosecute list of Ukrainians that Yovanovitch supposedly gave to Ukrainian officials in an outright (and sloppy) forgery:

THE CHAIRMAN: Can you tell us what that letter was and what you know of its provenance?

MR. KENT: Well, that was part of series of news articles that came out I believe starting March 20th, this spring. There with a number of articles that were initially led by John Solomon of The Hill, who gave — who took an interview with Yuriy Lutsenko earlier in March. And so, there was, I believe, video somewhere, there certainly were pictures of them doing interview. And it's part of a series of articles, it was an intense campaign. One of those articles released because the interview on the first day Lutsenko had claimed that Ambassador Yovanovitch had given him a list in their first meeting of people not to prosecute. Several days later, a Iist of names was circulated on the internet, with — the photograph had a copy of my temporary business card that I used for a short period of time in 2015. So it was a real — it didn't look like a regular business card. It was the one that we did on the embassy printer. So I think the card was genuine, and someone attached that to a list of names that was a hodgepodge of names.

Some of the people I had to Google, I had not heard of. Half the names were misspelled. Not the way that any American, or even Ukrainian, or Russian would transliterate Ukrainian names. My best guess, just from a linguistics semantic point is the person who created the fake list was either Czech or Serbian.

THE CHAIRMAN: So when you referred earlier to a forged letter, you were referring to the forged do-not-prosecute list?

MR. KENT: That was — yeah. This was the — it wasn't a letter, it was just a list of names with my actual business card attached.

Kent then said that Solomon’s stories, based on interviews with Lutsenko, were simply made-up:

Q: That original John Solomon article, was that based on accurate information?

A: It was based on an interview with Yuriy Lutsenko.

Q: And was the information that Mr. Lutsenko provided accurate, to your knowledge?

A: No. It was, if not entirely made up in full cloth, it was primarily non-truths and non-sequiturs.

And finally, on October 29, Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a Ukraine expert on the National Security Council, told Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) that the idea of a do-not-prosecute list coming from Yovanovitch, “frankly, based on my experience with her, seemed preposterous.” Indeed, she was more active in fighting corruption in Ukraine — and elements in the Ukrainian administration seem to have been seeking to undermine her as a result.

MR. [LEE] ZELDIN: Earlier at today's testimony there was a reference made to a John Solomon article, and I don't want to put words in your mouth. Did you say that you believed that was a false narrative?

LT. COL. VINDMAN: Yes.

MR. ZELDIN: And that was based on authoritative sources?

LT. COL. VINDMAN: Yes.

MR. ZELDIN: And what were those authoritative sources?

LT. COL. VINDMAN: I talked to my interagency colleagues from State and the Intelligence Community, and asked them for some background on if there was anything substantive in this area.

MR. ZELDIN: And did they state that everything was false on did they just say that parts of it were false?

LT. COL. VINDMAN: So the parts that were most problematic were claims —-- I'm trying to remember now because it unfolded over two periods, March and then again in April, which resulted in Ambassador Yovanovitch being recalled. So there was an element in which Ambassador Yovanovitch proffered a no prosecute list, which frankly, based on my experience with her, seemed preposterous.

There was the claim that, you know, this ludicrous claim of the fact that she was embezzling funds, withholding some $4 million from Lutsenko and the reform funds to reform the prosecutor general's office. But reaIIy, frankly, aIl of this began because in the March timeframe, very close to the Presidential election, Ambassador Yovanovitch became highly critical of President Poroshenko and the justice system because one of Poroshenko's closest aides, a member of the National Security and Defense Council, his son was implicated in a corruption scandal in which they drastically inflated the cost of military goods that were then, you know, given to the cash-strapped — that were sold to the cash-strapped Ministry of Defense for use on the front. The whole thing just was, you know, it smelled really rotten.

When. Zeldin asked if anything in the articles might be true, Vindman did not hold back in his disgust.

MR. ZELDIN: Did your sources, though, say that everything was false or just parts of it were false?

LT. COL. VINDMAN: I think all the key elements were false.

MR. ZELDIN: Just so I understand what you mean when you say key elements. Are you referring to everything John Solomon stated or just some of it?

LT. COL. VINDMAN: All the elements that I just laid out for you. The criticisms of corruption were false.

MR. ZELDIN: You mentioned —

LT. COL. VINDMAN: Were there more items in there, frankly, Congressman? I don't recall. I haven't looked at the article in quite some time, but you know, his grammar might have been right.

MR. ZELDIN: Were any of your — are you saying that every substantive statement made by John Solomon was false or are you saying —

MR. NOBLE: If you want to put the article in front of him so he can review it, then do that. But he just said he doesn't remember.

MR. ZELDIN: WeIl, the last answer seems to indicate that everything other than —-- everything substantive was false, I just wanted to clarify.

LT. COL. VINDMAN: I've been a little light-hearted about 8 hours into this, so I apologize. Is this a record? Not yet. Okay. But anyway, I apologize, Congressman. I joke around a little bit, so I apologize.

But as far as I recall, the key elements that Mr. Solomon put in that story that were again proffered by Lutsenko, a completely self-serving individual to save his own skin, and to advance the interests of the President, more than likely actually with the backing of the President of Ukraine, and extremely harmful to Ukraine’s own interests, all those elements, as far as I recall, were false.

https://www.mediamatters.org/john-solomon/impeachment-witnesses-trash-john-solomons-reporting-hill

***************

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum