This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Al Franken Should not have resigned

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Al Franken Should not have resigned Empty Al Franken Should not have resigned on 7/22/2019, 11:44 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/franken-says-he-absolutely-regrets-resigning-from-senate/2019/07/22/448ce0e8-acbe-11e9-9411-a608f9d0c2d3_story.html?utm_term=.0fa9e1f53908

Apparently, he agrees now. It was completely outrageous for him to bow to the snowflakes in the Senate and resign his position over what was, essentially, a stupid joke that hurt no one. 
His accuser was a Republican operative, that was known before he resigned.

And yet, the Progressive women in the Democratic party just could have nothing to do with a man who had even been ACCUSED of offending a woman. So, his career had to be ruined forever. Franken could have been running for POTUS this year and would have been a shoo-in to win, but, MeToo just had to have its ounce of blood. 

The whole thing was disgusting.

View user profile
bigdog wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/franken-says-he-absolutely-regrets-resigning-from-senate/2019/07/22/448ce0e8-acbe-11e9-9411-a608f9d0c2d3_story.html?utm_term=.0fa9e1f53908

Apparently, he agrees now. It was completely outrageous for him to bow to the snowflakes in the Senate and resign his position over what was, essentially, a stupid joke that hurt no one. 
His accuser was a Republican operative, that was known before he resigned.

And yet, the Progressive women in the Democratic party just could have nothing to do with a man who had even been ACCUSED of offending a woman. So, his career had to be ruined forever. Franken could have been running for POTUS this year and would have been a shoo-in to win, but, MeToo just had to have its ounce of blood. 

The whole thing was disgusting.





It's early. I don't think his career is ruined forever and he can still play a major part in the 2020 race. He can support and advise the nominee or end up being the VP pick. Everyone with half a brain can tell it was a republican hit job. Pay back for the way he treated Sessions.

View user profile
I think this was the photo that did the most damage. I think it was taken back when he was doing comedy. I thought it was totally stupid that he allowed himself to be run out of the Senate. I even sent him an email, urging him to give it some time. He had asked for a Senate investigation for crying out loud.

I will not forgive Kirsten Gillibrand for leading the charge to have him resign. She and the rest of the Dems were on some sort of purity purge at the very beginning of the "Me Too" movement and were afraid they would be called out by the Republicans re Al if they dared point a finger at them for bad behavior. I read Franken's book and learned some things about how Senate hearings run, plus it was entertaining, if I remember.  I thought he was a great senator.


Al Franken Should not have resigned Lead_720_405

View user profile
Franken did get majorly ratfucked, no doubt. But at the end of the day, he still did take that stupid picture, and that's nobody's fault but his. Is it worth losing a senate seat over a stupid "joke" (quotes definitely intentional)? Probably not. But, actions have consequences, and the consequences aren't always fair. He did get railroaded in a lot of ways by Republican operatives, but... he should've freakin' known better than to take that idiotic picture. So, as much as I hate not having him in the senate anymore, and don't think he's any kind of "sexual predator" or monster, he still made a really stupid choice taking a juvenile picture, and he did that much of it to himself.

View user profile
Do you know who is responsible for Al Franken's behavior?

Surprise!! ....

.... it's not "progressive women", and it's not the #metoo movement, and it's not even Kirsten Gillibrand ....

.... it's Al Franken.

He's responsible for the mildly gross behavior, and he's responsible for deciding not to fight for his job and resign.

It's not like he's forever ruined and doesn't have any options.

Pretending that powerful white men are being victimized by women finally finding their voices is weak sauce.

Boo ... fuckin' ... hoo.

View user profile
This article lays out the case in detail. I read his first book, LIES AND THE LYING LIARS WHO TELL THEM, in 2003.

A Reporter at Large July 29, 2019 Issue

The Case of Al Franken

A close look at the accusations against the former senator.

By Jane Mayer 5:00 A.M.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/29/the-case-of-al-franken?utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_source=nl&utm_brand=tny&utm_mailing=TNY_Magazine_Daily_072219&utm_medium=email&bxid=5be9d0392ddf9c72dc199b8e&cndid=14244234&esrc=&utm_term=TNY_Daily

View user profile
zsomething wrote:Franken did get majorly ratfucked, no doubt.  But at the end of the day, he still did take that stupid picture, and that's nobody's fault but his.  Is it worth losing a senate seat over a stupid "joke" (quotes definitely intentional)?   Probably not.  But, actions have consequences, and the consequences aren't always fair.  He did get railroaded in a lot of ways by Republican operatives, but... he should've freakin' known better than to take that idiotic picture.   So, as much as I hate not having him in the senate anymore, and don't think he's any kind of "sexual predator" or monster, he still made a really stupid choice taking a juvenile picture, and he did that much of it to himself.

Sorry, I disagree. He was set up and the women weren't the only ones who threw him under the bus. Read the NEW YORKER article.

View user profile
It's usually not the first allegation that gets ya ...

... it's usually the fiffh ...

... or sixth ...

... or seventh ...

View user profile
Sal wrote:It's usually not the first allegation that gets ya ...

... it's usually the fiffh ...

... or sixth ...

... or seventh ...

In this case, you have to consider the source. And the offenses. What exactly is Franken guilty of? I hope you read the piece in the New Yorker. I'm saying this as a woman who's had plenty of experience with unwanted personal advances.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
Sal wrote:It's usually not the first allegation that gets ya ...

... it's usually the fiffh ...

... or sixth ...

... or seventh ...

In this case, you have to consider the source.  And the offenses.  What exactly is Franken guilty of?  I hope you read the piece in the New Yorker.  I'm saying this as a woman who's had plenty of experience with unwanted personal advances.  

I read it.

I thought it was crap.

It goes to great lengths to demonstrate that the first allegation was suspect. We already knew that.

It shed no new light on the other six allegations which were more credible.

I wonder why Al bowed out before those were thoroughly investigated??

I say all of this as a big Franken fan. I don’t think he’s a predator and I’m fully aware that all of the allegations were of the Joe Biden variety.

View user profile
8 additional women accused him of groping and inappropriate acts. He even took liberties w fans in pictures.

What makes anyone think that he was even a good congressman? He wasn't even a good comedian.

Creepy fucker.

View user profile

12Al Franken Should not have resigned Empty Re: Al Franken Should not have resigned on 7/23/2019, 10:03 pm

Al Franken Should not have resigned Don_an10

View user profile
The "predator" I miss is Garrison Keillor and his" Praire Home Companion" radio show that I listened to faithfully every Saturday evening for years.

And the lousy show that attempted to replace his on NPR, "Live From Here," totally paled in comparison, and as of last week is no longer carried on any station in my listening area, which is just peachy keen fine with me.

Will miss Garrison's voice until memory fails me.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:The "predator" I miss is Garrison Keillor and his" Praire Home Companion" radio show that I listened to faithfully every Saturday evening for years.

And the lousy show that attempted to replace his on NPR, "Live From Here," totally paled in comparison, and as of last week is no longer carried on any station in my listening area, which is just peachy keen fine with me.

Will miss Garrison's voice until memory fails me.




View user profile
I miss Garrison Keiller too, and he was one of the worst victims of the MeToo movement. He put his hand on a woman's back and found that her blouse was not tucked in (probably not long enough, nowadays) to either the pants or skirt she was wearing. So, he felt the small of her back. Accidentally.

OH DEAR GOD, the absolute trauma that poor woman must have gone through!!!

Certainly enough for a man's lifetime career to be destroyed over.

No, it's ridiculous. Just like the claim from that movement that you always have to "believe the woman."
Not to shock anybody, but women lie just like men do. That movement may have caught a few very disgusting, repulsive men, but it also destroyed some very decent ones.
And by the way, exactly what is Al Franken supposed to do now? Yeah, his career is ruined.



View user profile

16Al Franken Should not have resigned Empty Re: Al Franken Should not have resigned on 7/27/2019, 10:22 pm

View user profile

17Al Franken Should not have resigned Empty Re: Al Franken Should not have resigned on 7/28/2019, 11:41 am

Well, there you go. Maybe Al could take up that invitation to appear on "the View" and restart his career.
I'd take them up on it if I were him.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum