This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Where is everybody??

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/15/2019, 2:41 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The people who voted twice for Obama and then voted for this one, voted for "change" both times. Hope they're still in the mood for change now. And, surely, they would never use 45's behavior as a sterling example of ethical conduct, or thoughtfulness, or kindness or mutual respect. This can't end soon enough.

It's hard to believe that anyone who voted for Obama would fall for this cheap lowlife.  




Just proves how inconsistent some people are.

View user profile

27Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/16/2019, 11:20 am

Telstar wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The people who voted twice for Obama and then voted for this one, voted for "change" both times. Hope they're still in the mood for change now. And, surely, they would never use 45's behavior as a sterling example of ethical conduct, or thoughtfulness, or kindness or mutual respect. This can't end soon enough.

It's hard to believe that anyone who voted for Obama would fall for this cheap lowlife.  




Just proves how inconsistent some people are.

Yes, it always surprises me when someone mentions that group of 2 x Obama voters who switched to 45, makes you wonder what they were going for? Random change, a general system shake-up, a political practical joke or a dart thrown at a ballot?

View user profile

28Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/21/2019, 11:49 pm

Wow. I just saw this thread and am beginning to feel a huge, probably false sense of importance around here. See, I left Pensacola on June 4 and flew out to L.A. to see my brother for about a week. So no one had me to argue with during that time.
Then my wrist and fingers were bothering me for another week to the point that I couldn't type-I'd fallen at an Aquarium during the Sea Lion show and bruised myself up a bit. I got lot of ooooooohs from the crowd for the fall, which was in the very front row, of course. Why do it small, right?
Then I came home and went to my orthopedic doctor last Tuesday and he informed me that I had definitely broken my wrist and possibly a finger. So I had to take my brace off to do all this typing, which I'm sure he will not appreciate next week when I go back to him.
So, that's where I was for awhile. I don't know about anyone else, but I had a good excuse.
The only excuse I had for the fall, though, is that I borrowed some of my brother's medical marijuana before going to the aquarium. I have now tried marijuana WITH THC exactly 4 times, and on two of those occasions, I've fallen and broken bones. The first was in New Orleans several years ago and it was my nose. I think I'd better stick with the THC free CBD. I might really hurt myself next time.
If the doctor decides to splint the finger next week, I may not be around for awhile again.

View user profile

29Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/22/2019, 12:45 am

Sorry for your fall and injuries, b.d., though you were far from the only one missing around here for a while.

Very interesting about the possible THC involvement.

Just curious: Why would the doc splint the finger now, if he didn't see the need previously?

In any event, here's to fast and full healing.

View user profile

30Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/22/2019, 10:11 pm

I don't know. He only ordered an x-ray of my wrist, even though it was obvious that my middle finger was also swollen. I asked the x-ray tech that question, but she obviously only knew what was on the doctor's order. Then, when I got back into the exam room, he showed me an x-ray of my wrist and saw a fracture there and gave me a brace for it and an appointment for two weeks. I'll be going in again this Tuesday. I asked him about the finger and he said "it might just be swelled up, and I can't see it from the x-rays. We'll check when you come in again."  This guy is one of the specialists from the Andrews center and I see him when he is at Baptist Medical Center on 9 mile.He's been treating my shoulder for suspected bursitis, but also said if it doesn't get better he will have to do an MRI to see if it's  rotator cuff thing. He gave me steroid shots in the shoulder, and it did better until I fell in L.A. and now it's back to its old self. I'm not too sure I like the doctor or that he knows what he's doing.
He has pictures on his walls of him treating the University of Alabama football squad, so I'm assuming he's used to seeing a lot younger people than me, maybe football players who don't care if their finger is broken. Ya' think? Bette Davis said it best: "Growing old ain't for sissies."

View user profile

31Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/23/2019, 1:33 am

Well you sure have the sissy thing right (been dealing here with hip and back probs myself and going to Andrews for therapy, which only helped the hip, not the back).

I also sense you got the judgment thing right, too (as to the doc). Ask your PCP for a different referral, perhaps?

Wish you luck in any event.

View user profile

32Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/23/2019, 3:34 pm

Thanks. I just checked my phone and my appointment isn't until Wednesday. ARGH!!!! He's going to have to do better or I will definitely get another referral from my family care doctor.

View user profile

33Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/23/2019, 4:01 pm

Hope y’all feel better. Love the Andrews Institute. Daughter is in a cast now. Our Andrews doc has casted 6 of us so far! I saw him at the ball park the other day...he is going to fix my trigger finger in the office. Need to figure out a time. Will probably wait until October.

RLL is your hip pain a referred pain from your back?

View user profile

34Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/23/2019, 5:57 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:Hope y’all feel better. Love the Andrews Institute.  Daughter is in a cast now. Our Andrews doc has casted 6 of us so far! I saw him at the ball park the other day...he is going to fix my trigger finger in the office. Need to figure out a time. Will probably wait until October.

RLL is your hip pain a referred pain from your back?

Nope, the hip issue started long before the back thing, and per x-rays it's apparently from a mild joint deterioration, and that was aggravated by a tight, tender iliotibial band along one thigh that I didn't even know was there until the therapist pointed it out, and showed me how it could irritate the hip bursa.  Combo of hip exercises/stretches along with relieving the ITB via roller massage have helped tremendously as to climbing stairs, which is what made me hobble before.  I'll just continue the stretches at home and keep an eye on the ITB, and that should do it, knock on wood.

Am going back to my PCP tomorrow re the back situation, which seems  to possibly emanate from an arthrotic lumbar spine (my spine is a mess), probably something impacting a nerve.  Not sure how we're going to tackle this.  It's not constant, but when it hurts, it's excruciating, similar to sciatica.  

Sorry you asked? 

I, too, love Andrews but not every doc there is a genius.  

Good luck with the repair to your trigger finger! 

And six people casted??  Obviously your family doesn't just sit around.  Ha.

View user profile

35Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/23/2019, 5:58 pm

bigdog wrote:Thanks. I just checked my phone and my appointment isn't until Wednesday. ARGH!!!! He's going to have to do better or I will definitely get another referral from my family care doctor.

Good for you!

View user profile

36Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/23/2019, 6:17 pm

RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Hope y’all feel better. Love the Andrews Institute.  Daughter is in a cast now. Our Andrews doc has casted 6 of us so far! I saw him at the ball park the other day...he is going to fix my trigger finger in the office. Need to figure out a time. Will probably wait until October.

RLL is your hip pain a referred pain from your back?

Nope, the hip issue started long before the back thing, and per x-rays it's apparently from a mild joint deterioration, and that was aggravated by a tight, tender iliotibial band along one thigh that I didn't even know was there until the therapist pointed it out, and showed me how it could irritate the hip bursa.  Combo of hip exercises/stretches along with relieving the ITB via roller massage have helped tremendously as to climbing stairs, which is what made me hobble before.  I'll just continue the stretches at home and keep an eye on the ITB, and that should do it, knock on wood.

Am going back to my PCP tomorrow re the back situation, which seems  to possibly emanate from an arthrotic lumbar spine (my spine is a mess), probably something impacting a nerve.  Not sure how we're going to tackle this.  It's not constant, but when it hurts, it's excruciating, similar to sciatica.  

Sorry you asked? 

I, too, love Andrews but not every doc there is a genius.  

Good luck with the repair to your trigger finger! 

And six people casted??  Obviously your family doesn't just sit around.  Ha.

Not sorry I asked at all! The ITB hurts. Glad the roller helped. I had an episode after my total knee. As far as the back, let’s not go there. But I know what you mean. When mine gets bad my PCP gives me a Torodol injection. Can’t take it orally and can only get it sparingly because of the liver. It does help. I am thinking about getting a weighted belt to wear in the pool. Self traction while hanging on a pool noodle.

View user profile

37Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/24/2019, 1:07 am

Joanimaroni wrote:I am thinking about getting a weighted belt to wear in the pool. Self traction while hanging on a pool noodle.

I received three separate traction treatments at Andrews and, if anything, it made things worse.

As for toradol, more power to you. That stuff scares me to death.

View user profile

38Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/24/2019, 10:14 am

I can’t take oral anti inflammatory meds. Toradal helps me with back pain. After my total, because of positioning during surgery, I asked the anesthetist to give me IV Toradol before I woke up. I got 30 mg IV and 30 mg IM. No back pain.

View user profile

39Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/24/2019, 11:03 am

I don't take any meds, NSAIDS or otherwise. Love Aleve but it makes me retain water. Certainly can't blame you for doing what it takes to be pain free.

View user profile

40Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/25/2019, 11:35 am


I hope everyone with back/hip issues is taking Vitamin D3. My doctor recommended it when I had (still have) bursitis in my right hip that was transferred to my left thigh. And I recommend water aerobics, which I did for several years...zero impact if it's deep water, and the water itself can double the benefits.

View user profile

41Where is everybody?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where is everybody?? on 6/26/2019, 2:10 am

Been taking D3 for several years.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum