Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump's Disapproval Rating hits All-time High

+3
Telstar
zsomething
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I lifted the following copy from:  http://fortune.com/2018/08/31/trump-disapproval-rating/

"Trump's Disapproval Rating Has Hit an All-Time Low, According to New Pollnews 16 hours ago Fortune — Don Reisinger

U.S. President Donald Trump stops to speak to reporters as he prepared to board Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House on January 19, 2019 in Washington, D.C.

President Donald Trump’s disapproval rating has hit an all-time high in a new Politco/Morning Consult Poll.

The poll, which was released on Wednesday, found that 57% of American voters now disapprove of the job Trump is doing. Just as troubling for Trump, 49% of voters now blame him for the partial government shutdown, compared to just 35% of Congressional Democrats, according to Politico. Congressional Republicans seem to be keeping out of the fray and only 4% of voters blame them.

Trump and the Democrats are fighting a political battle over border security that has sent the government shutdown into its second month. Trump has said that he won’t sign any spending bill that doesn’t include his request for $5.7 billion for a border wall and Democrats have said that they don’t want to include it in any bill. Neither side seems close to relenting.

According to the Politico/Morning Consult Poll, which was conducted with nearly 2,000 registered voters, 43% of voters support the construction of a wall, while 49% oppose the idea. If building the wall was the only way to reopen the government, just 7% would recommend putting the funding up to construct it, according to the poll.

The data is clearly bad news for Trump, who has for years said that the U.S. needs a wall to protect its border. But it wasn’t the only troubling data.

According to Politico, 57% of respondents believe Russia “has compromising information” on the President, nearly doubling the 31% of respondents who said it’s unlikely"

Despite all the negatives, millions of voting Americans still adore this asshole.

I guess it's true we get the government we deserve ...

zsomething

He's starting to get scared.

His numbers are plummeting, the things he did to the economy are starting to show up and they aren't good (looking at zero growth this quarter, and a stock market that lost a year's growth). He's got workers protesting because he's keeping the government shut down because Ann Coulter hurt his feelings by not loving him no mo' (imagine being so hard up that you'd even want that idiotic horror's approval) and he's trying to win her back no matter what he has to do to the country. And he's terrified of Pelosi because he's basically a child and she's his mom telling him no, and tantrums aren't cutting it. He's so scared of her that he won't even come up with a nickname for her. And it's hurting his vanity that he might not get to deliver the State of the Union address, so he's starting to fold.

The best defense he could do was come up with a really corny rhyme... and then give away the plot by congratulating himself for it, letting you know he thinks rhyming "wall" with "fall" is really clever. If this was a gunfight, that sound would be "click, click, shit." Nothin' in the magazine.

None of his mojo works anymore. He still has his cultists, because nothing's going to pry 'em loose, they have too much invested and can't admit they're gullible idiots. So he's trapped like a rat.

And the walls of that cage are closing in.

Telstar

Telstar

"Nancy" stood firm and Russia's heel caved in on the SOTU. Now all real Americans that are hurting from the shut down need to hammer the White House 24/7 and drown out the shrill moans of his comrades Limbaugh and Coulter.

Trump's Disapproval Rating hits All-time High Heel_c11

2seaoat

The man needs the wall debate to ring his sick fascist bell and draw the fascist from the weeds. Common sense folks think this is stupid.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Trump's Disapproval Rating hits All-time High Get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2Ffr%2Fcp0%2Fe15%2Fq65%2F51100904_2536447489781623_5110794650248019968_n.png.jpg%3F_nc_cat%3D102%26_nc_ht%3Dscontent-lax3-1

PkrBum

PkrBum

Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, et al dems just a few years ago held exactly Trump's position. For decades politicians have promised to secure the border. Humans are still being trafficked and exploited by criminal cartels.

The humanitarian crisis is created by our lax border. We already have one of the most generous immigration policies in the world. Want it to be loosened? Legislate it. It's that simple. Lawlessness benefits criminals.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, et al dems just a few years ago held exactly Trump's position. For decades politicians have promised to secure the border. Humans are still being trafficked and exploited by criminal cartels.

The humanitarian crisis is created by our lax border. We already have one of the most generous immigration policies in the world. Want it to be loosened? Legislate it. It's that simple. Lawlessness benefits criminals.

Like the one in the White House?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:Obama, Pelosi, Schumer, et al dems just a few years ago held exactly Trump's position. For decades politicians have promised to secure the border. Humans are still being trafficked and exploited by criminal cartels.

The part of this standoff that bothers most people is the use of federal employees as bargaining chips. The families are suffering, bills not being paid, loans not processed, the ripple effect of unplugging all those paychecks is effecting the overall economy. He hates that his numbers are falling. Most people are blaming him for the logjam.

I don't care if Congress and Individual One can't agree on the wall funding. What I can't accept is making our civil servants work with no pay.  

Telstar

Telstar

45 can end his shutdown at any time but it's becoming more and more clear to real Americans that he and his 1% ilk enjoy seeing Americans suffer. Little wonder why his ratings are on the fast track to zero.

PkrBum

PkrBum

othershoe1030 wrote:

The part of this standoff that bothers most people is the use of federal employees as bargaining chips. The families are suffering, bills not being paid, loans not processed, the ripple effect of unplugging all those paychecks is effecting the overall economy. He hates that his numbers are falling. Most people are blaming him for the logjam.

I don't care if Congress and Individual One can't agree on the wall funding. What I can't accept is making our civil servants work with no pay.  

What he asked for is less than .1% of the federal budget. The non-essential federal employees should file for unemployment and find a new job. Just like any private employee would do in the real world.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Wow, the stupid is thick.  There's no reason on God's Earth for this government shutdown and no reason any of these people should have to go through hardship so Teeny Weenie can have his stupid "medieval" wall.  

Watch this Senate Democrat lose his cool with Ted Cruz over shutdown ‘crocodile tears’

Colorado’s Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet is hardly known for emotional outbursts — but in a speech on Thursday responding to Texas Republican Ted Cruz, Bennet began yelling and said Cruz’s shutdown rhetoric was “too hard for me to take.”

“I’ve worked very hard over the years to work in a bipartisan way … with my Republican colleagues, but these crocodile tears that the senator from Texas is crying for first responders are too hard for me to take,” Bennet said after Cruz finished a speech of his own.

Then Bennet explained why he felt so strongly.

“When the senator from Texas shut this government down in 2013 my state was flooded,” Bennet said. “It was underwater. People were killed. People’s houses were destroyed. Their small businesses were ruined forever. And because of the senator from Texas, this government was shut down, for politics.”

Back in 2013, Cruz’s attempt to defund President Obama’s health care law, the Affordable Care Act, shut down government for more than two weeks, as McClatchy has reported. Cruz took to the Senate floor for 21 hours during that shutdown to condemn Obamacare — giving the fourth-longest U.S. Senate speech ever, though at times he resorted to reading passages from the Dr. Seuss children’s book “Green Eggs and Ham” to keep his oratory going.

Play Video
Duration 2:39

In the first two weeks of the shutdown, 800,000 federal workers and their families missed a paycheck. The New York Times reached out to some of them to hear their stories.

By The New York Times
Meanwhile, heavy rains in Colorado had flooded an area of the state as big as Connecticut, killing at least eight, destroying about 2,000 homes and damaging 16,000 more, the Los Angeles Times reported in October 2013. The shutdown that coincided with flood recovery “left Colorado officials scrambling to keep emergency relief and recovery operations continuing in the wake of last month’s massive flooding,” according to the newspaper.

Moments before Bennet took the floor, Cruz had been blaming Democrats for the current and ongoing shutdown, which is now the longest in United States history.

“They voted for 350 miles of wall, so why are they shutting the government down over 234 miles of wall?” Cruz asked, suggesting Democrats forced the shutdown because they “hate” the president. “It’s not substantive, it’s political.”

The partial shutdown began in December, when President Trump refused to sign legislation to fund large parts of the federal government unless it included $5.7 billion for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border — a signature promise from his 2016 campaign, and a non-starter for many Democrats, who are now in control of the U.S. House of Representatives. The shutdown has left roughly 800,000 federal employees either off the job or working without pay if they are deemed “essential,” like TSA agents at airports and the Coast Guard.

Bennet — who at times during the speech raised his arms as well as his voice — called the situation “ludicrous,” blaming Cruz and other Republicans.

“Now it’s his business, not my business, why he supports a president who wants to erect a medieval barrier on the border of Texas,” Bennet said of Cruz in his speech. “... This government is shut down over a promise that the president of the United States couldn’t keep, and that America is not interested in having him keep.”

Politico described Bennet as “normally a reserved and low-key senator.” But according to the Washington Post, Bennet (who’s a “backbencher,” in the newspaper’s estimation) has said he harbors presidential ambitions.

“Dressing down Cruz on C-SPAN is a surefire way to gain fans in the Democratic base,” Colby Itkowitz wrote for the Post.

Once Bennet was done speaking, Cruz accused him of spending “a great deal of time yelling,” according to Yahoo News.

“I will say in all of my time in the Senate, I don’t believe I have ever bellowed or yelled at a colleague on the Senate floor and I hope I never do that,” Cruz said, according to The Hill.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article225046360.html

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:Wow, the stupid is thick.  There's no reason on God's Earth for this government shutdown and no reason any of these people should have to go through hardship so Teeny Weenie can have his stupid "medieval" wall.  

Watch this Senate Democrat lose his cool with Ted Cruz over shutdown ‘crocodile tears’

Colorado’s Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet is hardly known for emotional outbursts — but in a speech on Thursday responding to Texas Republican Ted Cruz, Bennet began yelling and said Cruz’s shutdown rhetoric was “too hard for me to take.”

“I’ve worked very hard over the years to work in a bipartisan way … with my Republican colleagues, but these crocodile tears that the senator from Texas is crying for first responders are too hard for me to take,” Bennet said after Cruz finished a speech of his own.

Then Bennet explained why he felt so strongly.

“When the senator from Texas shut this government down in 2013 my state was flooded,” Bennet said. “It was underwater. People were killed. People’s houses were destroyed. Their small businesses were ruined forever. And because of the senator from Texas, this government was shut down, for politics.”

Back in 2013, Cruz’s attempt to defund President Obama’s health care law, the Affordable Care Act, shut down government for more than two weeks, as McClatchy has reported. Cruz took to the Senate floor for 21 hours during that shutdown to condemn Obamacare — giving the fourth-longest U.S. Senate speech ever, though at times he resorted to reading passages from the Dr. Seuss children’s book “Green Eggs and Ham” to keep his oratory going.

Play Video
Duration 2:39

In the first two weeks of the shutdown, 800,000 federal workers and their families missed a paycheck. The New York Times reached out to some of them to hear their stories.

By The New York Times
Meanwhile, heavy rains in Colorado had flooded an area of the state as big as Connecticut, killing at least eight, destroying about 2,000 homes and damaging 16,000 more, the Los Angeles Times reported in October 2013. The shutdown that coincided with flood recovery “left Colorado officials scrambling to keep emergency relief and recovery operations continuing in the wake of last month’s massive flooding,” according to the newspaper.

Moments before Bennet took the floor, Cruz had been blaming Democrats for the current and ongoing shutdown, which is now the longest in United States history.

“They voted for 350 miles of wall, so why are they shutting the government down over 234 miles of wall?” Cruz asked, suggesting Democrats forced the shutdown because they “hate” the president. “It’s not substantive, it’s political.”

The partial shutdown began in December, when President Trump refused to sign legislation to fund large parts of the federal government unless it included $5.7 billion for a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border — a signature promise from his 2016 campaign, and a non-starter for many Democrats, who are now in control of the U.S. House of Representatives. The shutdown has left roughly 800,000 federal employees either off the job or working without pay if they are deemed “essential,” like TSA agents at airports and the Coast Guard.

Bennet — who at times during the speech raised his arms as well as his voice — called the situation “ludicrous,” blaming Cruz and other Republicans.

“Now it’s his business, not my business, why he supports a president who wants to erect a medieval barrier on the border of Texas,” Bennet said of Cruz in his speech. “... This government is shut down over a promise that the president of the United States couldn’t keep, and that America is not interested in having him keep.”

Politico described Bennet as “normally a reserved and low-key senator.” But according to the Washington Post, Bennet (who’s a “backbencher,” in the newspaper’s estimation) has said he harbors presidential ambitions.

“Dressing down Cruz on C-SPAN is a surefire way to gain fans in the Democratic base,” Colby Itkowitz wrote for the Post.

Once Bennet was done speaking, Cruz accused him of spending “a great deal of time yelling,” according to Yahoo News.

“I will say in all of my time in the Senate, I don’t believe I have ever bellowed or yelled at a colleague on the Senate floor and I hope I never do that,” Cruz said, according to The Hill.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/congress/article225046360.html

Screw Cruz and all his republican ilk. They can all roast in republican hell where they belong. Damn them all for cursing us with 666.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum