Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shameless racism is alive and well and living in Portland

+3
Joanimaroni
bigdog
RealLindaL
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RealLindaL

I hope this guy sues the pants off DoubleTree and everyone else he can name:

HOTEL EMPLOYEES WHO ASKED BLACK GUEST TO LEAVE FIRED

And you just gotta know those employees are likely loyal Trump lovers.

bigdog

RealLindaL wrote:I hope this guy sues the pants off DoubleTree and everyone else he can name:

HOTEL EMPLOYEES WHO ASKED BLACK GUEST TO LEAVE FIRED

And you just gotta know those employees are likely loyal Trump lovers.
I'm afraid it's alive and well all over this country and has been for longer than people think.
I still remember being surprised when there were riots over school busing in Baltimore back in the 60's, or maybe early 70's.  I had let the news media convince me that it was only my part of America where racism lived.
Surely this couldn't be happening way up there!!
Look at the states in industrial north that went for Trump though-it's alive and well everywhere. Before Trump people were ashamed to show it though.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So, y’all think it is all because of Trump? Bullshit!

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:So, y’all think it is all because of Trump? Bullshit!

That's not at all what we're saying, Joani.  We're saying that Trump and the company he keeps have legitimized/tacitly condoned/thus encouraged it to rear its ugly head out in the open.

zsomething

It may not be because of Trump, but it sure as hell ain't despite Trump. I've never seen anyone embolden humanity's worst impulses the way that bastard does. He's made racists feel safe. It's up to all of us to show them they're wrong.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Houston:

Police Searching for Gunman Who Fired Into Car and Killed a 7-Year-Old

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/01/us/jazmine-barnes-houston-shooting.html

7-year-old Jasmine Barnes was riding with her mom and 3 sisters to the coffee shop, when a 40-something man with a beard opened fire into the car without provocation and killed her.

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:He's made racists feel safe.

My point exactly.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Floridatexan wrote:Houston:  

Police Searching for Gunman Who Fired Into Car and Killed a 7-Year-Old

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/01/us/jazmine-barnes-houston-shooting.html

7-year-old Jasmine Barnes was riding with her mom and 3 sisters to the coffee shop, when a 40-something man with a beard opened fire into the car without provocation and killed her.  

Was it racism? From your article: "The authorities described the gunman as a white man in his 40s with a beard, wearing a red, hooded sweatshirt and driving a red pickup truck."

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/06/us/texas-jazmine-barnes-shooting-investigation/index.html

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

They were wrong again but giddy over the prospect!

RealLindaL

How insulting.  I don't know who "they" are but I certainly wasn't at all giddy about that shooting nor about even the vaguest possibility it was racism, especially as there was no evidence of that at all, circumstantially or otherwise.

My post was about the incident in Portland, period the end.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:How insulting.  I don't know who "they" are but I certainly wasn't at all giddy about that shooting nor about even the vaguest possibility it was racism, especially as there was no evidence of that at all, circumstantially or otherwise.

My post was about the incident in Portland, period the end.

"And you'll be amazed at the gaze on their faces as they sentence you."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum