This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

RLL

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 RLL on 11/29/2018, 2:18 pm

Please keep us updated with your medical issues. I have been thinking good thoughts for you.

View user profile

2 Re: RLL on 11/30/2018, 3:04 am

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Joani. I will know more by the middle of next week and will advise.

View user profile

3 Re: RLL on 11/30/2018, 12:28 pm

RealLindaL wrote:Thanks for your kind thoughts, Joani.   I will know more by the middle of next week and will advise.

Sorry and excuse my ignorance but what's wrong, please?

View user profile

4 Re: RLL on 11/30/2018, 12:53 pm

Hoping everything's okay...

View user profile

5 Re: RLL on 11/30/2018, 12:57 pm

No apology necessary, knot!  From my post no. 61 of Nov. 22 on Joani's "More cancer for my friend" thread:

Meanwhile, I hesitate to report that I have a bit of a cancer scare going on myself.  Annual mammogram this week was abnormal, showing amorphous calcifications possibly due to scarring from the prior lumpectomy, but bearing checking out via stereotactic biopsy, scheduled week after next.  Naturally this little cloud put a bit of a crimp in our Thanksgiving enjoyment, but am trying to think positive, despite the fact that if this is indeed a recurrence in the same breast, my options will be severely limited this time.  Worried but not freaking out.  Yet.   Ha.  And yes, of course I'll come back to advise results, hopefully with bells on.

Knot, just this morning I mentioned you (not by name, of course) to an old summer camp friend who's due here for a short visit late next week with her husband in their RV.  They're currently visiting with her sister and bro-in-law in central FL and reported in an email today that the b.i.l. " is having his first chemo for bladder cancer today so it’s [cancer's] definitely on our minds. He’s had 5 separate tumors surgically removed. He’s doing really well except for being too skinny."

After briefly mentioning your case (no details) I said, "I feel so bad for these guys, but they're both so brave!"  And you ARE.   Hang in there, kiddo.

View user profile

6 Re: RLL on 11/30/2018, 12:57 pm

zsomething wrote:Hoping everything's okay...

Thanks a lot, z. I am, too!

View user profile

7 Re: RLL on 11/30/2018, 5:34 pm

I am sorry to hear the news, but early is always better than late on discovery.

View user profile

8 Re: RLL on 12/1/2018, 2:31 am

2seaoat wrote:I am sorry to hear the news, but early is always better than late on discovery.

True, of course.  And thoughts of your long and courageous battle will be with me if I have to face a major medical ordeal, but for now I'm still holding out hope that nothing malignant is brewing.

Still, though Joani has stated that "many, many times" the calcifications are just a result of the prior surgery, it's been 11 years and that seems a long time for these amorphous things to be developing.   Trying not to dwell on it too much; next week will come soon enough.

View user profile

9 Re: RLL on 12/2/2018, 11:22 am

RealLindaL wrote:No apology necessary, knot!  From my post no. 61 of Nov. 22 on Joani's "More cancer for my friend" thread:

Meanwhile, I hesitate to report that I have a bit of a cancer scare going on myself.  Annual mammogram this week was abnormal, showing amorphous calcifications possibly due to scarring from the prior lumpectomy, but bearing checking out via stereotactic biopsy, scheduled week after next.  Naturally this little cloud put a bit of a crimp in our Thanksgiving enjoyment, but am trying to think positive, despite the fact that if this is indeed a recurrence in the same breast, my options will be severely limited this time.  Worried but not freaking out.  Yet.   Ha.  And yes, of course I'll come back to advise results, hopefully with bells on.

Knot, just this morning I mentioned you (not by name, of course) to an old summer camp friend who's due here for a short visit late next week with her husband in their RV.  They're currently visiting with her sister and bro-in-law in central FL and reported in an email today that the b.i.l. " is having his first chemo for bladder cancer today so it’s [cancer's] definitely on our minds. He’s had 5 separate tumors surgically removed. He’s doing really well except for being too skinny."

After briefly mentioning your case (no details) I said, "I feel so bad for these guys, but they're both so brave!"  And you ARE.   Hang in there, kiddo.

Damnit! Hate to know you are facing this demon yet again . . . . . I am couting on you to keep us informed as you are able (and willing) Hate to read about your friend who is also dealing with BC . . . . each variant of BC has pro/cons even though that statement in itself an enigma . . . .. find a 'pro' in BC . . . . just let us know please . . . so many of us are falling ill1

View user profile

10 Re: RLL on 12/2/2018, 2:46 pm

knothead wrote:Damnit! Hate to know you are facing this demon yet again . . . . . I am couting on you to keep us informed as you are able (and willing) Hate to read about your friend who is also dealing with BC . . . .  each variant of BC has pro/cons even though that statement in itself an enigma . . . .. find a 'pro' in BC . . . . just let us know please . . . so many of us are falling ill1  

Knot, I was confused for a moment reading "BC" - which could also stand for breast (not bladder) cancer!  Ha.   Anyway, now that I have my head screwed on straight -- I certainly agree with your questioning the likelihood of finding a "pro," really in any type of cancer.
And yes, of course, I'll come back here and report findings of the path lab, due by 12/5.  Getting a little more nervous as the time draws nearer, remembering how it all felt back in 2007 -- and this would be a much more difficult thing to hear because of the implications.
Was thinking of you last night (as I almost always do there) when we went to Pegleg's -- had to park on the side and of course got a glance of Lafitte Cove....which reminds me:  When were you supposed to visit PBeach and did you/will you?   I totally forgot about that. Shame on me!
Lastly, yes, so many of us are falling ill.   And just yesterday I learned that a couple of more work colleagues from my first "real" job back in the 1970's in Toledo -- the best job I ever had, for about 10 years until I moved east) -- have died, both just a few years older than I.  Sorry they're gone, and will admit that I'm also selfishly sorry there's almost no one left alive from that now-defunct company to remember me.  
Sorry to get maudlin.   Growing old is definitely not for sissies, and that's on SO many levels...
And then I think of all that Seaoat has gone through, and slap myself.
You younger folks here, just please ignore me.

View user profile

11 Re: RLL on 12/5/2018, 9:06 pm

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:Damnit! Hate to know you are facing this demon yet again . . . . . I am couting on you to keep us informed as you are able (and willing) Hate to read about your friend who is also dealing with BC . . . .  each variant of BC has pro/cons even though that statement in itself an enigma . . . .. find a 'pro' in BC . . . . just let us know please . . . so many of us are falling ill1  

Knot, I was confused for a moment reading "BC" - which could also stand for breast (not bladder) cancer!  Ha.   Anyway, now that I have my head screwed on straight -- I certainly agree with your questioning the likelihood of finding a "pro," really in any type of cancer.
And yes, of course, I'll come back here and report findings of the path lab, due by 12/5.  Getting a little more nervous as the time draws nearer, remembering how it all felt back in 2007 -- and this would be a much more difficult thing to hear because of the implications.
Was thinking of you last night (as I almost always do there) when we went to Pegleg's -- had to park on the side and of course got a glance of Lafitte Cove....which reminds me:  When were you supposed to visit PBeach and did you/will you?   I totally forgot about that.  Shame on me!
Lastly, yes, so many of us are falling ill.   And just yesterday I learned that a couple of more work colleagues from my first "real" job back in the 1970's in Toledo -- the best job I ever had, for about 10 years until I moved east) -- have died, both just a few years older than I.  Sorry they're gone, and will admit that I'm also selfishly sorry there's almost no one left alive from that now-defunct company to remember me.  
Sorry to get maudlin.   Growing old is definitely not for sissies, and that's on SO many levels...
And then I think of all that Seaoat has gone through, and slap myself.
You younger folks here, just please ignore me.

[And then I think of all that Seaoat has gone through, and slap myself[/b

I do the very same thing when I catch myself whining/complaining but I completely understand.  No we aborted our trip in Sept on advice of the oncologist but planning on a spring trip . . . . . I so look forward to seeing our friends and by April I should be fully recovered and ready to eat some oysters! We will stay at the Mini Goat, anyway be sure to let us know how you are . . . . . . I fret over my friends here!

View user profile

12 Re: RLL on 12/6/2018, 1:47 am

knothead wrote:I do the very same thing when I catch myself whining/complaining but I completely understand.  No we aborted our trip in Sept on advice of the oncologist but planning on a spring trip . . . . . I so look forward to seeing our friends and by April I should be fully recovered and ready to eat some oysters! We will stay at the Mini Goat, anyway be sure to let us know how you are . . . . . . I fret over my friends here!

Knot, so good to know you understand.

Smart that you aborted the September trip but am very glad you're looking forward to being fully recovered for an April trip! That sounds great for more than one reason! (But what the heck is the "Mini Goat"?? Pardon my ignorance.)

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that you don't want to be here at Easter or before -- and this is likely going to be one of the worst Spring Breaks ever at Pensacola Beach, thanks to many folks' changing their usual Panama City Beach plans, not only over concerns about damage there (which are largely unfounded for the beach itself, vs. Panama City where most of the Hurricane Michael damage was), but because many recovery workers are staying at the beach there, taking up hotel/rental space, and that will probably still be true by Spring. Last year was bad enough here but this year could be brutal.

The only thing that might damp down a busy break is if Red Tide is in evidence. So far we've had only low to very low concentrations (though even that level has caused hubby and me to cough when outside if winds are southerly), but as of today we're back to "not present or background" readings, and hoping it stays that way.

Thanks for your concern (and Joani's, for starting this thread), and as of today I can share a piece of good news that I'm extremely grateful for -- my breast biopsy was negative for any cancer. Whew!

View user profile

13 Re: RLL on 12/6/2018, 3:40 am

RealLindaL wrote:

Thanks for your concern (and Joani's, for starting this thread), and as of today I can share a piece of good news that I'm extremely grateful for -- my breast biopsy was negative for any cancer.  Whew!  



GREAT! Very Happy


View user profile

14 Re: RLL on 12/6/2018, 9:28 am

Wonderful news Linda!

View user profile

15 Re: RLL on 12/6/2018, 10:26 am

Great..!!

View user profile

16 Re: RLL on 12/6/2018, 11:25 am

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!! Very Happy

View user profile

17 Re: RLL on 12/6/2018, 11:55 am

RealLindaL wrote:
Thanks for your concern (and Joani's, for starting this thread), and as of today I can share a piece of good news that I'm extremely grateful for -- my breast biopsy was negative for any cancer.  Whew!  

EXCELLENT! Very Happy Great news! Sorry you had to go through the scare, but at least it worked out well. Smile

View user profile

18 Re: RLL on 12/6/2018, 6:22 pm

THANKS, zs! And yes, it was something of a scare this time, mainly because of the many years since the prior problems, and because of the implications of a second cancer on the same side.

I half jokingly said I'll never let anyone poke that boob again! I think three biopsies and a lumpectomy over 11 years are quite enough, thank you very much.

View user profile

19 Re: RLL on 12/6/2018, 6:24 pm

BTW, a "stereotactic breast biopsy" is an ordeal unto itself. Just google that phrase and you might be appalled. Seems almost barbaric, in this day and age.

View user profile

20 Re: RLL on 12/7/2018, 11:07 am

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:I do the very same thing when I catch myself whining/complaining but I completely understand.  No we aborted our trip in Sept on advice of the oncologist but planning on a spring trip . . . . . I so look forward to seeing our friends and by April I should be fully recovered and ready to eat some oysters! We will stay at the Mini Goat, anyway be sure to let us know how you are . . . . . . I fret over my friends here!

Knot, so good to know you understand.

Smart that you aborted the September trip but am very glad you're looking forward to being fully recovered for an April trip!   That sounds great for more than one reason!   (But what the heck is the "Mini Goat"??  Pardon my ignorance.)

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that you don't want to be here at Easter or before -- and this is likely going to be one of the worst Spring Breaks ever at Pensacola Beach, thanks to many folks' changing their usual Panama City Beach plans, not only over concerns about damage there (which are largely unfounded for the beach itself, vs. Panama City where most of the Hurricane Michael damage was), but because many recovery workers are staying at the beach there, taking up hotel/rental space, and that will probably still be true by Spring.   Last year was bad enough here but this year could be brutal.

The only thing that might damp down a busy break is if Red Tide is in evidence.   So far we've had only low to very low concentrations (though even that level has caused hubby and me to cough when outside if winds are southerly), but as of today we're back to "not present or background" readings, and hoping it stays that way.

Thanks for your concern (and Joani's, for starting this thread), and as of today I can share a piece of good news that I'm extremely grateful for -- my breast biopsy was negative for any cancer.  Whew!  

Fantastic news so congrats and yea!!! On the topic of the Mini Goat I will not provide the address but will say you can cruise Le Starboard Drive and closely observe the properties there . . . . lemme know what you (if anything) find, ok? There is a family story dating back to the mid 70's, anecdotally a humorous one, but sufficiently humorous to merit the placement of the words "Mini Goat" on the front of the house in driftwood . . . only on Pensacola Beach will one find something rising to this level of sophistry as opposed to NW Florida tacky!

Also, appreciate the reminder on the probable status of rentals during Easter!

View user profile

21 Re: RLL on 12/7/2018, 11:55 am

RealLindaL wrote:BTW, a "stereotactic breast biopsy" is an ordeal unto itself.  Just google that phrase and you might be appalled.   Seems almost barbaric, in this day and age.

I can only imagine how unpleasant that would be.   A lot of medical exams would double quite nicely as Spanish Inquisition tactics.  But, at least they determined nothing worse was happening. Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum