Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Auto Industry bailing on Trump.....closing American plants

+6
Telstar
EmeraldGhost
Deus X
PkrBum
zsomething
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Telstar

Telstar

EmeraldGhost wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Sherrod Brown's politics are a little left of my comfort zone,

The question is who can take on Trump in a campaign what with his bare-knuckles no-holds-barred campaign style without getting mud all over themselves in the process?  ( Of course, that'll be an easier job if the economy goes south on Trump.)

I think the Demos stand a better chance with a solid moderate with a track record of governing than some of the faces they've been trial ballooning of late who are either too far associated with the far left, too already known, too into social issues & identity politics, or too inexperienced like Cory Booker, Eliz Warren, Kamala Harris, Beto, Bloomberg  … and God Please! not Bernie or Hillary again!  If I have to choose between Trump and any of those …. I just won't vote.

Or maybe there's this guy.

Maybe Brown, but maybe somebody like Bullock or Hickenlooper also?  Somebody a Conservaliberalitarian like me could vote for.   Don't know enough about them though, don't know if they have sufficient charisma, and don't know if they could stand up to campaigning against Trump?

Deus X

Deus X

Telstar wrote:
The question is who can take on Trump in a campaign what with his bare-knuckles no-holds-barred campaign style without getting mud all over themselves in the process?  ( Of course, that'll be an easier job if the economy goes south on Trump.)

After the Manafort stuff today, this whole issue might be moot, especially after the new Congress gets sworn in, in January. To me this (Manafort) seems like a really big deal and Mueller isn't even done--maybe I'm wrong.

I'm less and less confident that Trump will even run in 2020.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
Telstar wrote:

After the Manafort stuff today, this whole issue might be moot, especially after the new Congress gets sworn in, in January. To me this (Manafort) seems like a really big deal and Mueller isn't even done--maybe I'm wrong.

I'm less and less confident that Trump will even run in 2020.

Of course you know that's not my quote. I was quoting the guy who tossed away his vote on Gary's Johnson.

Deus X

Deus X

Yeah, I know. I screwed up the post and didn't even realize it until you pointed it out. I've got the news on at the same time and am having difficulty staying focused what with today's events. I almost can't believe what I'm hearing. Mea culpa.

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:Yeah, I know. I screwed up the post and didn't even realize it until you pointed it out. I've got the news on at the same time and am having difficulty staying focused what with today's events. I almost can't believe what I'm hearing. Mea culpa.

No problem.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Anyone who can't see at this point that Drumpf is going down...well...

RealLindaL

EmeraldGhost wrote:Please! not Bernie or Hillary again!  If I have to choose between Trump and any of those …. I just won't vote.

Oh, I'd vote -- but I'd lose. Just about ANYONE is better than the insane, egomaniacal and amoral sub-human in the White House -- but neither of those candidates stands a chance.

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:
Anyone who can't see at this point that Drumpf is going down...well...

I know but still he's like Dracula 2018. Even after they pound a stake into it's chest they need to chop off the head and stuff garlic down its neck.

2seaoat

He will choose a different vice president candidate for 2020, and the condition of employment will be pardons for all his family and himself. I am not certain Pence is going to issue a pardon for criminal behavior. So the idea that this President is simply going to resign can only happen when his mastery of the art of the deal secures his family pardons or in the absence of his winning in 2020, he is screwed. So he is running.

2seaoat

If Pence was onboard with a pardon, Trump would only have to pursuant to the law of presidential succession, seek temporary disability and have Pence elevated to the office under the guise of some medical or psychological intervention, and he could issue the pardons during the period he is covering for the President. From that point, Congress could certainly impeach, but Trump's criminal conspiracies go unpunished. Bet on it

However, the issue of the trump foundation in NY still could have exempt status from any attempt to pardon.

Telstar

Telstar

Maybe he'll choose Ivanka as a running mate in 2020. His cult will be okay with that. I'm sure many of them feel the same way about their daughters, and sons.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

You people are dreaming. Trump ain't going anywhere anytime soon and Trump/Pence will be the R nominees in 2020. Pence is just the kind of VP the Republican Party wants for Trump …. and Trump is fine with him so long as he stays out of his way, minds his own VP business, and keeps the evangelicals happy.

It'll be up to the Democrats to come up with a candidate that can beat 'em in 2020 (I'm somewhat skeptical of the D Party's ability to actually do that) And it will have a lot to do with how the economy is doing in 2020.

The Libertarians had their best shot at breaking the two-party dichotomy with Gary Johnson and that's not likely to be repeated ….. so they'll have nobody of consequence. The Greens …. well, nobody really takes them seriously Laughing

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Deus X wrote:
gatorfan wrote: people don't want sedans - they want crossovers, SUVs and increasingly, EVs

You were saying?

You are congenitally unable to understand a complex subject. Stick to wikipedia and your imagination. You'll be fine in that narrow little world you inhabit. Perhaps F/T and her ONE talking point can keep you company.

Trumpet is an idiot but you don't have to follow him there, the auto industry is losing sales and shifting product lines - the Ford CEO issued a talking point of $1B trying to calm stockholders into thinking it's not Fords fault at all for losing money while he struggles to shift 25 Billion around to correct their (his) poor strategy and perhaps to justify his $18M salary and bonuses.  Whatever you do don't try to educate yourself on the subject as a whole. The tariff issue is but one small part of the equation but since you and F/T are 2 sides of the same coin you can't understand that simple fact.

Bless your little heart child.....

Look, you stupid little shit, you don't get to tell me what I understand.  I have a very solid business background and a degree in marketing.  What do you have except poor reading comprehension?

Ah yes, the offended squealing of the hypersensitive liberal. Makes my day you poor little thing. If in fact you spent money on a "marketing degree" and can't understand the dynamics of this thread, well, I'd have to say you wasted money on that mail order piece of paper.....

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

gatorfan wrote:
Ah yes, the offended squealing of the hypersensitive liberal. ....

Melania says""Just Be Best", 'gator' !

PkrBum

PkrBum

At least obama saved the auto union. So we have that going for us... which is nice. Rolling Eyes

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

PkrBum wrote:At least obama saved the auto union. So we have that going for us... which is nice. Rolling Eyes

If I were running the Dem Party I'd be focusing hard on making a big fricking deal right about now out of the auto plant closures and what's gonna happen to all those people affected.  The Midwest will be the key to a Dem Presidential win in 2020.

I question the D's are smart enough to do that though … what with all their focus on collusion and transgenders and amnesties for illegal aliens and abortion rights and gays and etc etc.   Those are far from the top concerns of blue collar workers and their families in the Midwest.  Better they focus on realistic solutions to the nations problems with health care, college costs, jobs, wages, ag policy, consumer protection, etc   Things that directly affect the middle class.

PkrBum

PkrBum

EmeraldGhost wrote:
PkrBum wrote:At least obama saved the auto union. So we have that going for us... which is nice. Rolling Eyes

If I were running the Dem Party I'd be focusing hard on making a big fricking deal right about now out of the auto plant closures and what's gonna happen to all those people affected.  The Midwest will be the key to a Dem Presidential win in 2020.

I question the D's are smart enough to do that though … what with all their focus on collusion and transgenders and amnesties for illegal aliens and abortion rights and gays and etc etc.   Those are far from the top concerns of blue collar workers and their families in the Midwest.  Better they focus on realistic solutions to the nations problems with health care, college costs, jobs, wages, ag policy, consumer protection, etc   Things that directly affect the middle class.

They'd take over national politics if they did that. But i highly doubt they will. They didn't seem to learn anything from the 2016 election. We see right here that they're highly susceptible to misdirection. Hell... they want hillary again... lol. Between that and hoping for an economy collapse is clueless personified.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
gatorfan wrote:
Deus X wrote:
gatorfan wrote: people don't want sedans - they want crossovers, SUVs and increasingly, EVs

You were saying?

You are congenitally unable to understand a complex subject. Stick to wikipedia and your imagination. You'll be fine in that narrow little world you inhabit. Perhaps F/T and her ONE talking point can keep you company.

Trumpet is an idiot but you don't have to follow him there, the auto industry is losing sales and shifting product lines - the Ford CEO issued a talking point of $1B trying to calm stockholders into thinking it's not Fords fault at all for losing money while he struggles to shift 25 Billion around to correct their (his) poor strategy and perhaps to justify his $18M salary and bonuses.  Whatever you do don't try to educate yourself on the subject as a whole. The tariff issue is but one small part of the equation but since you and F/T are 2 sides of the same coin you can't understand that simple fact.

Bless your little heart child.....

Look, you stupid little shit, you don't get to tell me what I understand.  I have a very solid business background and a degree in marketing.  What do you have except poor reading comprehension?

Ah yes, the offended squealing of the hypersensitive liberal. Makes my day you poor little thing. If in fact you spent money on a "marketing degree" and can't understand the dynamics of this thread, well, I'd have to say you wasted money on that mail order piece of paper.....

Eff off, weasel. I have no time for your stupidity.

polecat

polecat

Maybe GM was just tired of WINNING!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum