This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Calling zsomething re MS runoff

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 2:09 am

Z, seen any very recent polls regarding Tuesday's Hyde-Smith v. Espy senate runoff race vote?

Care to make a prediction, given that Trump will be campaigning for (the very disgusting) Hyde-Smith at two rallies on Monday?

View user profile

2 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 4:35 am

View user profile

3 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 6:38 am

Holy cow …. a black man who endorsed Haley Barbour and won the NRA Silver Rifle Award running against a white woman who used to be a Democrat ….. both personally opposed to abortion and both in the pocket of big ag. What's a liberal voter to do?    

(to tell ya the truth it really doesn't matter all that much … they're both members of "the club" in Mississippi and know their primary job will be to bring home as much of the Federal bacon as possible and promote their big ag backers)

View user profile

4 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 7:48 am

Ms electing a democrat senator is a very low probability event. However, I think over time people will be looking at issue oriented campaigns which give voters choice. It is going to be very difficult in 2020 to pick up the seats lost in 18. Without the senate, and with an aging Supreme Court, there will be a significant shift in the next four years.

View user profile

5 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 10:08 am

Haven't seen any official polls, but Espy's got a lot of ads on the TV and robocalls, while Jekyll-Hyde-Smith's got hardly any. I know a lot of people who are enthusiastic about voting for Espy... including me. Smile

I know we'll likely get outnumbered, but he does have a bigger chance of winning than any Democrat I've seen in a while.

The debate was a disaster. Neither candidate seems to be any kind of genius, but Espy came across as genuine. Cindy, though.... errrggggaaaaaaah, she was awful. Really hardcore awful. She read everything off of notes, her answers seldom even fit the questions, she repeated answers verbatim, and told everyone to vote for her on the 22nd. (It's the 27th). Yeah, that was a mess.

I'm also seeing a lot of McDaniel supporters on Twitter who hate Cindy and aren't voting for her, so I don't think she'll get all of his voters crossing to her in the general. That'll help Espy a lot.

I'm seeing a weird phenomenon down here since Trump -- long-time Republicans are turning on their party. I went Black Friday shopping with a friend of mine and he was telling me that his Republican mom hates Trump so badly (the Kavanaugh thing was the last straw for her, so so much for Seaoat's prognostication on that one) that she says she's only voting for Democrats from now on. She loathes Cindy Hyde-Smith to the point where she was making fun of her wonked-up teeth ("Looks like she ate too much corn as a kid, and didn't wait 'til it was cooked").

Trump's also kind of turned her off from her church, because they keep backing him. A lot of people have quit. He said that he was talking to his mom about the natives that killed that obnoxious missionary guy, and her only comment was, "Good for them." Smile

Trump's having an effect that may just hamstring his party. A lot of Republicans are getting a good look at what they've been in bed with for so long (racists, etc.) and aren't liking being a part of that anymore. If there are enough of those around Mississippi, Espy may just have a shot at it.

View user profile

6 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 12:07 pm

Recall if you will that this is a State whose State legislature and Governor just passed an anti-abortion member they knew would be found unconstitutional. And they plan to try it again, so I hear.

While Espy proclaims he's personally against abortion, at the same time he says he supports Roe V Wade. The white churchy crowd will be out in force and they ain't got no time for any candidate who will not publicly advocate for overturning Roe v Wade.

View user profile

7 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 12:18 pm

The confirmation hearing was an absolute disaster for the senate. Two to three extra senate seats were gained by the Republicans and although the 2020 gives a structural advantage to the Democrats in the senate races, the losses because of the confirmation will carry over, and even with the structural advantage in 2020 Democrats shot themselves in the foot without discipline in those hearings. I note that they have shut up the loose canons about impeachment. That is smart, but they had to get smart after the confirmation fiasco and the possibility of the loss of the senate for the next six years.

In regard to winning in MS....how did that work in Florida and Ga.......people are hallucinating.

View user profile

8 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 3:32 pm

2seaoat wrote:The confirmation hearing was an absolute disaster for the senate.  Two to three extra senate seats were gained by the Republicans and although the 2020 gives a structural advantage to the Democrats in the senate races, the losses because of the confirmation will carry over, and even with the structural advantage in 2020 Democrats shot themselves in the foot without discipline in those hearings.  I note that they have shut up the loose canons about impeachment.  That is smart, but they had to get smart after the confirmation fiasco and the possibility of the loss of the senate for the next six years.

In regard to winning in MS....how did that work in Florida and Ga.......people are hallucinating.

Get ready for the perp walk. Then we'll see, won't we, about the future of the GOP GRIFTERS.

View user profile

9 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 4:18 pm

2seaoat wrote:

Yup, yup, yup …. a black Clinton-associated Democrat in a statewide election in Mississippi?  Laughing

In an individual congressional district around Jackson or over in the Delta with an overwhelming AA constituency?  Yeah, sure. But a statewide election?  Nah ... "I don't think so Tim"

Recall if you will they each got about 40% of the vote.  Chris McDaniel got about 15%.   Does anyone seriously think McDaniel voters will be voting for Espy?   Mississippi is a little bit shy of 40% black in population.  Blacks tend to vote in a bloc and their turnout tends to be higher in a black candidate vs white candidate election …. so Espy got aaaalllll of them votes already.  Fortunately for Espy that he is black or he'd never have gotten 40% even.

Were I a betting man, I think I'd be putting my money on Hyde Smith.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 11/26/2018, 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

10 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 5:14 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:Recall if you will they each got about 40% of the vote.  Chris McDaniel got about 15%.   Does anyone seriously think McDaniel voters will be voting for Espy?

For that reason alone, and as much as I hate to say it, I'd have agree it looks pretty bad for Espy in the runoff.

We won't have long to find out.

P.S. Thanks to zsomething for answering so well (as always) the call for comment on this.

View user profile

11 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 10:18 pm

I think Smith will win. Unlike Florida where I know there are quite a few enlightened voters, just not enough, parts of Mississippi like Meridian and Cleveland are loaded with redneck cracker barrel boys. I agree with Smith that the Mississippi cracker barrel boys don't need health care. Let them die like dogs in agony. There is no hope for Mississippi. Time to explode another nuke in the shithole state like they did in 1964. Maybe this time above ground with Meridian targeted as ground zero.

View user profile

12 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 10:23 pm

Telstar wrote:  Time to explode another nuke in the shithole state like they did in 1964. Maybe this time above ground with Meridian targeted as ground zero.

Meridian's full of black people nowadays, you know.  All the whites moved out.  

So you want to nuke a city that is predominantly African American … is that what you're saying?  That cities with high numbers of African American's are "shitholes"?

Meridian trivia:  didja know the quen of the gypsies was buried in Rose Hill Cemetery in the early 1900's?  True Story!   Romanis from all over the country came.  Some say as many as ten or twenty  thousand.  Have to wonder if those numbers are a bit of an exaggeration, but whatever they were apparently it was a pretty big deal.  It's an interesting story anyways.  You can look it up if you've not heard of it … and if you ever get by there you can visit the grave.  I wouldn't advise going at night though … not a particularly good part of town anymore.  In fact none of Meridian is a particularly good part of town after dark anymore.

(I know quite a bit of the history of that area ….my ancestor was an early settler of Lauderdale County)

View user profile

13 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 10:58 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:  Time to explode another nuke in the shithole state like they did in 1964. Maybe this time above ground with Meridian targeted as ground zero.

Meridian's full of black people nowadays, you know.  All the whites moved out.  

So you want to nuke a city that is predominantly African American … is that what you're saying?  That cities with high numbers of African American's are "shitholes"?

Meridian trivia:  didja know the quen of the gypsies was buried in Rose Hill Cemetery in the early 1900's?  True Story!   Romanis from all over the country came.  Some say as many as ten or twenty  thousand.  Have to wonder if those numbers are a bit of an exaggeration, but whatever they were apparently it was a pretty big deal.  It's an interesting story anyways.  You can look it up if you've not heard of it … and if you ever get by there you can visit the grave.  I wouldn't advise going at night though … not a particularly good part of town anymore.  In fact none of Meridian is a particularly good part of town after dark anymore.

(I know quite a bit of the history of that area ….my ancestor was an early settler of Lauderdale County)

All I know about Meridian is the biggest shitheel on the Mississippi page is from there, so not all the whites have moved out. So Meridian can suck a nuke bong for all I care. Maybe the African Americans can move out shithole Mississippi and into nearby shitholes like Florida and Texas. Maybe even clear out some of the racist cracker boy garbage in those states. It will only help the nation as a whole.

View user profile

14 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 11:02 pm

Telstar wrote:

All I know about Meridian is the biggest shitheel on the Mississippi page is from there ...

What's the "Mississippi page?"  

Whut you talkin 'bout, Willis?   You drunk again man?  Laughing

View user profile

15 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/26/2018, 11:08 pm

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:

All I know about Meridian is the biggest shitheel on the Mississippi page is from there  ...

It's something for me to know and you to find out about Lurch. Now go back to puffing on Gary's Johnson. Twisted Evil

View user profile

16 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/27/2018, 2:47 am

Telstar wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:

All I know about Meridian is the biggest shitheel on the Mississippi page is from there  ...

It's something for me to know and you to find out about Lurch. Now go back to puffing on Gary's Johnson. Twisted Evil

Geez, I was gonna ask the same thing (about the Mississippi page) but I guess I'm glad I didn't.

View user profile

17 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/27/2018, 3:16 am

RealLindaL wrote:
Telstar wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Geez, I was gonna ask the same thing (about the Mississippi page) but I guess I'm glad I didn't.

Tis a pity because you would get a much more polite answer. I'm sure your question would be polite as well.

View user profile

18 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/28/2018, 3:02 am

Oh well, the witch won. Still, Espy gave her a real run for the money, so it's obvious not everyone in Mississippi is a racist fool -- just a slim majority. lol

And and least zsomething expected this, whereas we fools in Florida actually hoped we had a chance to prevail in our own senatorial and gubernatorial races. Silly us!

Just sorry we all have to live with these people in government for as many years as we do.

View user profile

19 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/28/2018, 5:23 am

Telstar wrote:All I know about Meridian is...

All I know about Meridian, Mississippi is that it's where Goodman, Chaney and Schwerner were working in some half-ass community center trying to register black residents to vote before they were murdered by the good burghers of Neshoba County, just up the road.

It wasn't too long after that horror that LBJ got the Civil Rights Act passed.

If I recall correctly, only one of the murderers was ever charged and that was decades later.

Is this a great country or what?

View user profile

20 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/28/2018, 5:53 am

RealLindaL wrote:Oh well, the witch won.  Still, Espy gave her a real run for the money, so it's obvious not everyone in Mississippi is a racist fool -- just a slim majority.  lol

And and least zsomething expected this, whereas we fools in Florida actually hoped we had a chance to prevail in our own senatorial and gubernatorial races.  Silly us!

Just sorry we all have to live with these people in government for as many years as we do.

I expected it too. Mississippi is still pretty much a redneck shithole state and will remain so into the next century. Dead last in just about every category. They deserve what they get. Florida should know better. Maybe then again Florida deserves to be pounded with red tides and monster storms too. Lets see how much shit the people of Florida take from DeSantis and Scott.

View user profile

21 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/28/2018, 7:24 am

Deus X wrote:

All I know about Meridian, Mississippi is that it's where Goodman, Chaney and Schwerner were working in some half-ass community center trying to register black residents to vote before they were murdered by the good burghers of Neshoba County, just up the road.

If I recall correctly, only one of the murderers was ever charged and that was decades later.

So you saw a movie and think you know aalllll about the area and the people who live there, huh? Riiiiiight! Rolling Eyes

View user profile

22 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/28/2018, 7:29 am

RealLindaL wrote:Oh well, the witch won.  Still, Espy gave her a real run for the money, ....

LOL!  He did not.  He got all of the black vote and the votes of the few white liberal voters in Mississippi.  

About what any Democrat candidate would have got …..  with the exception of a higher than normal black turnout because the candidate was black.  Had Espy been white he would have lost miserably.  Espy's pretty well known in Mississippi.  Been around for a long time. My Dad knew him and spoke well of him.  He didn't lose because he's black … he lost because he's a Democrat.

What makes me LOL is how the media kept harping upon he would be "the first black Senator from Mississippi" Yeah? Wrong … they've had two … in the 1870's. How many other States have never had a black Senator? (answer: most of them!) Mississippi is actually one of only seven States that have ever had a black Senator. History! Gotta love it.

There are currently only three black Senators, Kamala Harris from California; Cory Booker from New Jersey, and ….. surprise! Republican Tim Scott from South Carolina Who says blacks can't get elected in the South? They can if they are Republicans! Which is the whole point I was making about Espy. He lost because he's a Democrat.

Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 11/28/2018, 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

23 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/28/2018, 7:48 am

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Deus X wrote:

So you saw a movie and think you know aalllll about the area and the people who live there, huh?    Riiiiiight!    Rolling Eyes

What movie did you see that caused you to toss away your vote on Gary's Johnson? Reefer Madness and Idiots Delight.

View user profile

24 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/28/2018, 7:51 am

EmeraldGhost wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Oh well, the witch won.  Still, Espy gave her a real run for the money, ....

LOL!  He did not.  He got all of the black vote and the votes of the few white liberal voters in Mississippi.  

About what any Democrat candidate would have got …..  with the exception of a higher than normal black turnout because the candidate was black.  Had Espy been white he would have lost miserably.  Espy's pretty well known in Mississippi.  Been around for a long time. My Dad knew him and spoke well of him.  He didn't lose because he's black … he lost because he's a Democrat.

Sounds like you have roots in Mississippi, boy.

View user profile

25 Re: Calling zsomething re MS runoff on 11/28/2018, 7:58 am

Telstar wrote:Sounds like you have roots in Mississippi, boy.  

I do!

And Michigan.   Land of my birth! Go Wolverines!  Laughing   Have a lot of family up Traverse City area and some SW Mich.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum