Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dems need Pelosi now more than ever

+5
knothead
Telstar
bigdog
PkrBum
othershoe1030
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The "fight" to vote in another Speaker is just crazy to me. All of a sudden it seems to be more important that the Democratic Speaker of the House look more like America than it is to have someone in that office who knows her way around the processes of the House. So we'd be trading optics for experience and success? That hardly seems like a good bargain.

This is no time for OJT. We need someone who can kick azz and take names, count votes and deal with McConnell. Don't you just know that the Republicans would like nothing more than to have the Dems fork over this win in the house to a neophyte who they could run circles around? Why play into Putin's hand?

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/16/pelosi-speaker-progressives-congress-998595

PkrBum

PkrBum

RACIST..!!

bigdog

The reason I'd be for Pelosi is that so many Republicans despise her. I figure that if they hate her that much, she must have been doing her job. We had a big win in the House this election and it has actually gotten bigger with some of the late results that came in from out west.
No, we don't need anyone more "progressive" or younger or more multi-cultural just to say the dems are better people than Republicans. We already know that. Experience is the right way to go. I agree completely.

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:The reason I'd be for Pelosi is that so many Republicans despise her. I figure that if they hate her that much, she must have been doing her job. We had a big win in the House this election and it has actually gotten bigger with some of the late results that came in from out west.
No, we don't need anyone more "progressive" or younger or more multi-cultural just to say the dems are better people than Republicans. We already know that. Experience is the right way to go. I agree completely.

Exactly. Anyone who drives the republicans nuts is worth her weight in gold. Same for Hillary. Although I don't want her to make a run for it I want her to be a part of 2020 because Hillary has that way of making the republicans burn before they are dispatched to republican hell by their own children where they will burn in agony forever. Twisted Evil

knothead

knothead

Nancy Pelosi has been the favorite foil of the GOP for a very long time with the AM talk radio clowns to the Prez so I agree completely she should (and will) remain Speaker. I only hope they don't overplay their hand but proceed judiciously with a well thought out strategy.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:Nancy Pelosi has been the favorite foil of the GOP for a very long time with the AM talk radio clowns to the Prez so I agree completely she should (and will) remain Speaker.  I only hope they don't overplay their hand but proceed judiciously with a well thought out strategy.

Exactly, the Dems need a united front. We don't need to go the way of the R's with their asinine Freedom Caucus, which consists of my current congressman from the panhandle of FL and the rest of the tin foil wearing, camera hogs, 45 supporting, anti-American fools who make the Republican Party  look even worse than it would if only McConnell were their leader.

Today 45 came out and endorsed Pelosi so you have to know they fear her the most, otherwise he wouldn't be trying to poison her chances. He's so transparent!

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:
knothead wrote:Nancy Pelosi has been the favorite foil of the GOP for a very long time with the AM talk radio clowns to the Prez so I agree completely she should (and will) remain Speaker.  I only hope they don't overplay their hand but proceed judiciously with a well thought out strategy.

Exactly, the Dems need a united front. We don't need to go the way of the R's with their asinine Freedom Caucus, which consists of my current congressman from the panhandle of FL and the rest of the tin foil wearing, camera hogs, 45 supporting, anti-American fools who make the Republican Party  look even worse than it would if only McConnell were their leader.

Today 45 came out and endorsed Pelosi so you have to know they fear her the most, otherwise he wouldn't be trying to poison her chances. He's so transparent!

Dems need Pelosi now more than ever Trump_15

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Experience and leadership qualities aside, I remember when Mrs. Pelosi opposed introducing articles of impeachment against Bush and Cheney. And now, if this is her proposed agenda going forward, I agree she should step down.

https://truthout.org/articles/outrage-as-pelosi-pushes-tax-rule-that-would-kneecap-the-progressive-agenda/

PkrBum

PkrBum

How could you watch the obvious graft of the Hillary email, or benghazi, or the fisa dossier or gun running and think there was suddenly going to be "justice"? Naive doesn't run that deep. We're talking serious stupid.

Deus X

Deus X

Dems need Pelosi now more than ever Eabuztn

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

othershoe1030 wrote:[color=#0033cc] …. All of a sudden it seems to be more important that the Democratic Speaker of the House look more like America ….

How does Nancy Pelosi not "look like America"? Dems and their stupid identity politics. Rolling Eyes

Although I'm not a Dem, I think it would be a good idea to have Pelosi in as Speaker again. She might actually be able to cut some deals with Trump and get a few good things done …. ala Gingrich & Clinton. She knows how Congress operates and she knows how to twist arms to get votes when needed. And don't think Trump wouldn't wheel & deal with her …. after all, he's not [I]really[/] a Republican (although he plays one on teevee Laughing
)

polecat

polecat

Dems need Pelosi now more than ever 46407110

Telstar

Telstar

polecat wrote:Dems need Pelosi now more than ever 46407110

More fun than finding a turd in the holiday punch bowl.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum