Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Democrats will now be chairmen of the house investigative committees

+2
RealLindaL
bigdog
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bigdog

NBC just announced that the Democrats will control the House of Representatives by the end of tonight. Chris Wallace just said the treasure hunt for Donald Trump's tax returns will now begin in earnest.

The AMERICAN people won tonight. Nobody cared about Brett Kavanaugh or how terribly he was treated, Seaoat.

Yes, we in Florida lost, probably. The race hasn't been called yet, but it looks like we'll have a bald headed thief in the Senate and a racist in the Governor's office, but the country is what matters most of all.
And Rachel Maddow is ecstatic!!!!!!!!

Me too.

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:but the country is what matters most of all.

Trying to keep that in mind, bigdog, and thanks for the reminder. Gaining the House is indeed huge. Still, nationwide -- not just Florida -- there were a fair number of significant disappointments.

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
bigdog wrote:but the country is what matters most of all.

Trying to keep that in mind, bigdog, and thanks for the reminder.  Gaining the House is indeed huge.  Still, nationwide -- not just Florida -- there were a fair number of significant disappointments.

Of course the House is huge but it could have been so much more if the state of Florida didn't let the country down again.

RealLindaL

Why are you picking on Florida, Tel? There were many other states where major races were disappointing. Try Texas, just for one example!

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:Why are you picking on Florida, Tel?  There were many other states where major races were disappointing.  Try Texas, just for one example!

Because This isn't a Texas forum. It's a Florida forum and Florida keeps voting the same shitty republicans into office. As if the state of Florida didn't do enough damage to the rest of the nation in 2000.

PkrBum

PkrBum

bigdog wrote:Nobody cared about Brett Kavanaugh or how terribly he was treated, Seaoat.

Good... learn nothing. #outbySeptember again?

Telstar

Telstar

Democrats will now be chairmen of the house investigative committees Aces_a10

bigdog

OMG, Nancy Pelosi is talking about working with the president.
The president is talking about working with Nancy Pelosi.
They had a meeting last night.

Is she going to ignore the treason he's committed and play footsy with him just to get some of her ideas passed?
Dems need to elect a new leader.

We already have Chuck Shumer giving away dozens of appointments he should have fought against just to get a week or two off for campaigning.
Dems need to elect two new leaders.

zsomething

bigdog wrote:OMG, Nancy Pelosi is talking about working with the president.
The president is talking about working with Nancy Pelosi.
They had a meeting last night.

Is she going to ignore the treason he's committed and play footsy with him just to get some of her ideas passed?
Dems need to elect a new leader.

We already have Chuck Shumer giving away dozens of appointments he should have fought against just to get a week or two off for campaigning.
Dems need to elect two new leaders.

I'm good with replacing Nancy but I'm pretty sure her offer of working with Trump is mostly optics. I mean, if he puts out something reasonable on infrastructure or whatever, they'll probably deal, but I don't think she's going to let him off the hook for Russia or any of the rest of it. They'll likely be investigating Trump so hard he'll faint every time he hears a latex glove snapping...

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Telstar wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Why are you picking on Florida, Tel?  There were many other states where major races were disappointing.  Try Texas, just for one example!

Because This isn't a Texas forum. It's a Florida forum and Florida keeps voting the same shitty republicans into office. As if the state of Florida didn't do enough damage to the rest of the nation in 2000.

The 2 states where I've spent my life...disappointing doesn't quite cut it. Bill Nelson has called for a recount. I wish there were more.

bigdog

He called for a recount but they were going to have to give him one anyway. It's something to do with having less than a .005 percent difference in the final count. Or .05.   I could look it up, but whichever it is, the state has to do a recount by law.
I'll bet they wouldn't do it if they didn't have to do it by law.

I'm afraid it's going to come down to those provisional ballots and no way will Rick Scott's secretary of state let them be counted properly. I'm afraid it's shades of Katherine Harris all over again.

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog wrote:He called for a recount but they were going to have to give him one anyway. It's something to do with having less than a .005 percent difference in the final count. Or .05.   I could look it up, but whichever it is, the state has to do a recount by law.
I'll bet they wouldn't do it if they didn't have to do it by law.

I'm afraid it's going to come down to those provisional ballots and no way will Rick Scott's secretary of state let them be counted properly. I'm afraid it's shades of Katherine Harris all over again.

Those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it. We may soon be hearing about hanging chads in Florida again instead of rightfully hanging toxic republicans in Florida.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum