This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another spasm of violent American political, racial and religeous hatred erupts. No one is surprised.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

In 1763, English troops besieged at Fort Pitt by Ottawas and Western Senecas during the Pontiac-Guyasuta War were visited under a white flag by two Native-American chiefs who came to persuade the English to surrender and leave without further violence.  Captain Edward Ward, commanding Fort Pitt, refused but as a token of their meeting, saw that the visiting chiefs were gifted with several blankets before they departed.

The blankets had been taken from patients in the fort's small-pox ward. The numerous deaths that resulted from this early use of biological warfare had been planned, and the gesture was later approved by General Jeffrey Amherst, British Commander of the King's American colonies.

Our resultant history records numerous massacres and genocidal atrocities committed against Native Americans.

Include our slavery of African Americans.

And Convict Leasing during the Jim Crow era, in 11 southern States.

Plus hundreds of lynchings of African American men during the period 1870-1935.

The imprisonment of American born citizens of Japanese descent during WWII.

Military shooting deaths of protesting students at Kent State in the 60s.

Mass shooting massacres at churches, schools, malls, movie theaters and rock concerts.

And in the last five days, we've experienced 14 pipe bombs mailed to political and film celebrities, 11 Jews murdered while worshiping at their neighborhood Synagogue, and two African Americans gunned down while shopping at a grocery store.

Notably, all the perpetrators were white Christian males.

America remains the home of the world's best armed, most divisive, violent, hateful and cruel society in our world today -- a society that is conducting active military operations in 76 foreign countries.  

And while the great majority of us struggle and squirm and fight against each other, the ultra rich who through corrupt campaign financing own our supposed elected representatives, laugh their way to the bank every day.

And because our unity is their greatest fear, their best agents concentrate on keeping us divided.  

When will We The People ever wake-up?  

Reality.

View user profile
Like Judge Kavanaugh said "what goes around comes around." Just don't expect it to come around toward the 1%.

View user profile
The evil of fascism must be fought at every turn. Trump is fascism. He needs to leave office.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:The evil of fascism must be fought at every turn.  Trump is fascism.  He needs to leave office.

NOW! Lives are at stake!

View user profile
After all of the horror, Trump's still on Twitter today, claiming the media is "the enemy of the people."

It's hard to report positive news out of an administration that doesn't do anything positive. The news coverage seems "negative" to him, but when you're reporting honestly about something horrible, negative is most of what you get. Pretty much the only thing that's still doing okay is the economy, and that's continuance of a trend that started long before Trump, and is actually slowing under him in most cases, so it's kind of hard to give him a whole lot of praise for that. But the news still talks about it all the time.

I don't know what he expects, really, other than flat-out propaganda lies like FOX spouts. That's not journalism, that's just brainwashing. No matter how objective any other news outlet can be, kids locked up in cages are still kids locked up in cages, and pipe bombers are still pipe bombers, and Nazis gunning down Jews are still Nazis gunning down Jews, and nobody with any honesty at all can claim that Trump hasn't fostered the climate that that's all happening in. It's not the media calling him a "nationalist" -- he did that himself. It's not the media portraying him as a bully and a liar -- they just point a camera at him and broadcast what he says.

The media's not telling me to think he's an asshole. He just is an asshole, so that's what I see. I don't think Trump's a jerk because Don Lemon or Jim Acosta said he's a jerk -- I saw what Trump did and, honestly, there's not much room for any other conclusion. If I were watching FOX News, however they tried to report it couldn't spin me out of that conclusion, because asshole behavior is asshole behavior and a lie is always going to be a lie.

It ain't "the media." The right wing always loves to blame the media, but the real truth is, a hell of a lot of 'em are just shitbags, and it's not the fault of reporters that they're seen as such. The media doesn't talk about the right-wingers I work with at all, but I still know they're shitbags, because I have to deal with 'em on a daily basis. They like to talk about "personal responsibility" a lot, but they don't practice it, ever. It's always scapegoat and deflect.

And now Trump's praising Bolsonaro, the new leader of Brazil, who's as fascist as they come, wanting to round up gays and blacks and anyone who opposes him. Typical. Birds of a feather...

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:

Notably, all the perpetrators were white Christian males.  

You have no way of knowing if they are or not but don't let that fact slow you down. Your bigotry is getting worse.

Since you rail daily against white males doesn't that mean you are criticizing yourself too since you're an old white male?

View user profile
I am about to die in a fascist America. I never imagined the possibility. I should have done more.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I am about to die in a fascist America.  I never imagined the possibility.  I should have done more.

You should've known when obamacaid was forced down our throats.

The central govt mandating the purchase of a private service... amazing.

View user profile

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I am about to die in a fascist America.  I never imagined the possibility.  I should have done more.

JUST STFU, you ignorant backwoods jerk.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

JUST STFU, you ignorant backwoods jerk.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum