This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

victory for da judge....full vote Saturday

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

I am shocked.....how could this be.

View user profile
Ha ha very funny. See my last comment this morning on your poll thread, and please wait until the final vote to do your gloating, whether or not veiled in sarcasm.

View user profile
Yes, I love how the media has created this non story how votes will change.....fuzzy headed thinking continues.

View user profile
You don't know shit about will happen in the full vote, any more than the media does, though all of them love to speculate. Just wait and friggin' see, like the rest of us normal humans have to do.

View user profile

View user profile
All I'm "wishing" right about now is that you and your idiotic arrogance would go take a long walk off a short pier - the sooner the better.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:You don't know shit about will happen in the full vote, any more than the media does, though all of them love to speculate.  Just wait and friggin' see, like the rest  of us normal humans have to do.

Actually... we do know. You do too... but TDS won't allow you to see the obvious.

View user profile
This was a carefully woven strategy which both got a Supreme Court Justice appointed, and showed why the democrats are impotent. Linda, why get mad. If you want Trump gone, there has to be changes based on intelligence, not this mob emotion and lack of the ability to close the deal. I wish you were right that there is going to be a blue wave, but with how this was bumbled, like campaigning in Georgia and Arizona a week before the 2016 election......this has been a big......HUH? Why not gift wrap the mid terms and hand them to Trump, but it is my intelligence and arrogance which is the problem......shoot the messenger. The remarkable thing is that otherwise intelligent people ate the talking heads chit and spewed nonsense for the last month.....great ratings.....a energized Trump base, and defeat at the mid terms.....and I am arrogant.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:This was a carefully woven strategy which both got a Supreme Court Justice appointed, and showed why the democrats are impotent.  Linda, why get mad.  If you want Trump gone, there has to be changes based on intelligence, not this mob emotion and lack of the ability to close the deal.  I wish you were right that there is going to be a blue wave, but with how this was bumbled, like campaigning in Georgia and Arizona a week before the 2016 election......this has been a big......HUH?  Why not gift wrap the mid terms and hand them to Trump, but it is my intelligence and arrogance which is the problem......shoot the messenger.  The remarkable thing is that otherwise intelligent people ate the talking heads chit and spewed nonsense for the last month.....great ratings.....a energized Trump base, and defeat at the mid terms.....and I am arrogant.

Why don't you just STFU.

View user profile

View user profile
Why don't you just STFU.

Gosh, and miss one more victory lap for common sense, due process, and equal protection. You refuse to see the danger of Trump, and choose to stick your head in the ground after listening to idiotic talking heads. This was simple.

View user profile
Two faces has he.



View user profile
He will make decisions which I will vehemently oppose. I expected the same. However, folks have to realize this candidate was light years more qualified than some of the others on the Federalist list. I think like Roberts, he will shock folks with well reasoned and moderately conservative stances. The Citizen United case does not need to be over turned........it needs to be read. There are ample ways that Congress can regulate campaign financing under the public corruption guidelines which have always been in the case. I think Garland and Kavenaugh's decisions on the appellate court were very similar......but it is all about Trump and the hatred of the man.

View user profile
I actually think that Kagan and kavanaugh have similar positions on executive powers... both wrong.

View user profile
They both had worked in the executive branch and their judicial notice is based on those experiences. We have some remarkably talented judges. I mean Brett is brilliant. I will be long gone when the talking heads ten years ago talk about Brett as the possible Kennedy vote, but like Thomas he could collapse into a bitter man and seek revenge in his decisions......but we all know with Scalia dead, Thomas is incapable of higher level concepts........right now his attitude is F anything progressive.....right or wrong. I just do not see Brett doing the same. He has experienced what the black man has experienced when interacting with the criminal justice system......guilty, and you must prove your innocence. A black man in america understands structural impediments to due process, but rarely does an Ivy Leaguer get this up close look at a chit show where you are guilty for driving black, or being a male in high school who drinks and plays football......you are the threat to women. Lynchings rarely are able to achieve the goals of the haters, and this lynching failed exactly like I predicted, and I was mercilessly attacked for simply telling the truth, but what is worse...otherwise intelligent people were caught up in the mob led by ill informed talking heads on cable and regular news reporting......they got their ratings stirring the chit pot, and flung it all over.....turn your tv off, and begin reading.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:They both had worked in the executive branch and their judicial notice is based on those experiences.  We have some remarkably talented judges.  I mean Brett is brilliant.  I will be long gone when the talking heads ten years ago talk about Brett as the possible Kennedy vote, but like Thomas he could collapse into a bitter man and seek revenge in his decisions......but we all know with Scalia dead, Thomas is incapable of higher level concepts........right now his attitude is F anything progressive.....right or wrong.  I just do not see Brett doing the same.  He has experienced what the black man has experienced when interacting with the criminal justice system......guilty, and you must prove your innocence.  A black man in america understands structural impediments to due process, but rarely does an Ivy Leaguer get this up close look at a chit show where you are guilty for driving black, or being a male in high school who drinks and plays football......you are the threat to women.   Lynchings rarely are able to achieve the goals of the haters, and this lynching failed exactly like I predicted, and I was mercilessly attacked for simply telling the truth, but what is worse...otherwise intelligent people were caught up in the mob led by ill informed talking heads on cable and regular news reporting......they got their ratings stirring the chit pot, and flung it all over.....turn your tv off, and begin reading.

I just reread CRIME AND PUNISHMENT, you dolt. I rarely watch TV, even the news. I'm a big fan of Dostoevsky. Here's one I recommend for you:



View user profile
Susan Collins speaks for me......we idiots got it right.....the mensa wannabees got it wrong one more time......fuzzy headed thinking opposing a main stream jurist. Tell me do you fell pretty stupid right now, or is this lashing out part of some kind of sophisticated analysis......that of course would require having read cases and not some novel which somehow you think gives you cover for being so illiterate to the cases in this nomination and so ill informed, but your frenzy is duly noted. The allegation of gang rape is so wrong.....Susan Collins understands the concept of the presumption of innocence. Tell me.....what do you stand for if you do not stand for equal protection and due process?

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:They both had worked in the executive branch and their judicial notice is based on those experiences.  We have some remarkably talented judges.  I mean Brett is brilliant.

Or so you've decided to think, based on not much of anything.

 I will be long gone when the talking heads ten years ago talk about Brett as the possible Kennedy vote,

???? I think there was a time warp in the middle of than sentence. Suddenly "ten years ago" is the future? Dude.


but like Thomas he could collapse into a bitter man and seek revenge in his decisions......

GEE, DO YA THINK!?!?! Did you miss his whole "The Clintons are out to get me, and it's all a Democrat plot, and..." blah-blah-blah conspiracy-theory-consipracy-theory Alex-Jones performance? Which got so out-of-control that he even wrote an CYA op-ed saying he showed poor judgement in doing that but he gets excited... which, ironically, is pretty much a confession that he ain't Supreme Court material? He realized he showed too much of his hand and was trying to backtrack it because he was scared it'd cost him.

Ye gods, "he could collapse into a bitter man and seek revenge in his decisions?" HE'S ALREADY GODDAMNED THERE!

Is it too much to ask that actual standing facts somehow make their way into your stance on this thing? I don't think you even watched the fucking news, dude!



but we all know with Scalia dead, Thomas is incapable of higher level concepts....

Yeah, but I'm sure somebody out there thinks he's "brilliant."


...right now his attitude is F anything progressive.....right or wrong.  I just do not see Brett doing the same.

I'm sorry, I respect you in a lot of ways, but... you're seriously being an idiot. I'd put it down to blinky-eyed naivety, but it's not even naivety because he's already shown his biases.

If you'd like to see Brett doing the "fuck anything progressive" attitude, all you have to do is click play.




The things you think he'll never do are things he's already been doing for years.

https://www.salon.com/2018/08/21/brett-kavanaughs-1998-clinton-memo-gop-scandal-mongering-at-its-worst/


https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/i-knew-brett-kavanaugh-during-his-years-republican-operative-don-ncna907391

 
He has experienced what the black man has experienced when interacting with the criminal justice system......guilty, and you must prove your innocence.  A black man in america understands structural impediments to due process, but rarely does an Ivy Leaguer get this up close look at a chit show where you are guilty for driving black, or being a male in high school who drinks and plays football......you are the threat to women.

Rolling Eyes

Sure, the whole process may even turn him liberal! That is, if a host of angels doesn't descend and carry him off into the sky for being too good for this sorrowful world. Rolling Eyes

Now you have him being a friend to the black man. I'm sure he'll show up for his confirmation hearing in a Black Lives Matter shirt now. Why not throw in "champion of women" while you're at it. Savior of the Jews, maybe. My god, the things you're willing to believe about this overprivileged whelp just out of spite.

You know what's far more likely? What's more likely is that Kavanaugh did do the things the accusers said he did, and he did misrepresent his past... and he's gonna away with it. When people get away with shit, they don't become more progressive and sensitive to the plight of the black man or whatever... they become like Trump. That's Trump's real problem -- he's never been held accountable, none of the horrible things he's done have ever really cost him anything. And that's far more likely to be the kind of lesson Kavanaugh learns from all of this: "I'm bulletproof and now I'll take vengeance." Seriously, how are women supposed to trust his decisions? How is anybody?

Fact is, at least half the country won't ever trust this guy. Which is why he's a bad choice for the court. The Republicans could easily find someone better who wasn't such a contentious figure... but, this ain't about finding a good judge for them, it's a stubborn test of wills about pissing off the libs now.


 
Lynchings rarely are able to achieve the goals of the haters, and this lynching failed exactly like I predicted, and I was mercilessly attacked for simply telling the truth,

You don't know what you're saying is true. You've chosen to believe him -- for reasons I could speculate on but I'm trying to be nice -- and that's fine, but you don't have "the truth," you have a viewpoint. We do not, and probably never will, know what "the truth" is regarding what happened.

And if you think you've been "mercilessly attacked" you have no idea how much I, personally, have held back on things because I actually like you. I just think you're being stubborn as hell, probably out of the fun of the fight, which is something I understand. If you're feeling "mercilessly attacked" then I'll stop arguing with you about it, because that's not my intent. The only person around here I have any dislike toward is Pkr, but he's a special breed of piece-of-shit with no redeeming qualities. Everyone else are just people I either like or sometimes disagree with and we have fun arguing. If it's feeling like persecution for you, though, I'll lay off it. I'm assuming this is fun for you, because you're cantankerous. Which isn't a bad thing. But if it's feeling bad and not joie de guerre like I figure it is, I'll let it slide because I'm not trying to make you miserable.



but what is worse...otherwise intelligent people were caught up in the mob led by ill informed talking heads on cable and regular news reporting......they got their ratings stirring the chit pot, and flung it all over.....turn your tv off, and begin reading.

Very Happy You got any idea how much I read? There are areas in my house you can barely navigate because I'm such a book-hoarder. I've been a compensated book-reviewer. I'd even be willing to bet I write more than most people you know even read.

Oddly enough, FloridaTexan isn't even the only person on this board who recently finished Crime and Punishment, because I just read that a month or so ago. My only problem with reading is I wanna read a dozen books at once. I'm simultaneously in the middle of Member of the Family by Dianne Lake (one of Manson's girls), The Children are Watching by Laird Koenig, Trailin' by Max Brand, and a lot of old 30's WWI biplane-dogfight pulp stories (I think I'm buying out the whole Age of Aces catalog, slowly but surely) and a bunch of Louis L'amour's and F. Scott Fitzgerald's stuff... and I'm going through Shelby Foote's Civil War history again. My reading's all over the map.

Believe me, you don't need to tell us to read. Smile

View user profile
Believe me, you don't need to tell us to read. Smile


No at least you did not call Susan Collins old and ugly.......and a bitch. Your cohorts have lost their minds, and there is no plan to move forward. Durbin needs to be the head of the Democratic Party......he is a good man who can win, but instead we have fingernails on the blackboard and tex calling a beautiful woman ugly. What a shameful display by the far left.

Susan Collins understands the importance of due process. cheers

View user profile
Lol... his mind is mush too. A US citizen has to be conditioned to think "You know what's far more likely?"

Over the course of a few weeks they've abandoned our once sacred presumption of innocence.

Mao and Stalin and hitler and countless tin pot dictators are really impressed.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Susan Collins speaks for me....

Well, there's a site to contribute to the person running against her, but you can't get into it right now because it's become overwhelmed with donations.

https://t.co/r7XhY4k0Z5

Enjoy Susan Collins while you can.  She's goin' buh-bye in a month.



..we idiots got it right...

No, you got your way.  Don't confuse that with being right.


Tell me do you fell pretty stupid right now,

I'm just gonna let that stand right where it is and enjoy the irony. Smile


..that of course would require having read cases and not some novel which somehow you think gives you cover for being so illiterate to the cases in this nomination and so ill informed,

Very Happy   You're arguing about the way justice works and sneering at someone for reading Crime and Punishment.  You've never read it, have you?  


.Susan Collins understands the concept of the presumption of innocence.  Tell me.....what do you stand for if you do not stand for equal protection and due process?

How 'bout standing for people telling the truth in their confirmation hearings?  Which Bret Kavanaugh did not.

You keep acting like the man was on trial for rape.  He wasn't.  It wasn't a criminal case, it was a job interview.   As job interviews go, he was awful -- a sniveling, whiney, lying, misrepresenting, blame-throwing insulting bratty asshole.

But, he got away with it because it was a foregone conclusion -- Republicans decided to vote for whoever Trump sent through before they even heard a name.  And they had enough cowardly votes to do it.

I'm glad you're getting some joy out of this, but you picked the wrong side on this one, fella.  You got your way, but woe betide everybody in this country's who's not a white Christian male for the next 30 years or so, because this guy's gonna fuck 'em.

Ah, another reply -- I'll paste it in as a two-fer:

No at least you did not call Susan Collins old and ugly.......and a bitch.

No, and I wouldn't. That's not my style. I don't like her, I think she showed poor judgement and political cowardice, and it's gonna cost her in about a month. But her age or what she looks like has nothing to do with that.


Your cohorts have lost their minds, and there is no plan to move forward.

I disagree about losing their minds. As for plan-making, there's some. They could be better in some areas, planning-wise. But the Kavanaugh thing isn't one of those areas. Standing up for women against people who (A) may very well have abused them, and (B) damn sure will try to take away their rights as a right-wing operative activist judge is the right thing to do. I don't think it's a bad move politically (since it shows women which party is on their side, and they're some of the strongest voters), but even if it were, it'd still be the right thing to do.



Durbin needs to be the head of the Democratic Party......he is a good man who can win, but instead we have fingernails on the blackboard and tex calling a beautiful woman ugly. What a shameful display by the far left.

I have no strong feelings for Durbin one way or another. He hasn't made a big impression on me, but maybe he will later. He could be a good choice.

I'm surprised you like him so much, though, considering he thinks sending Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court would be a big mistake that would "shake the confidence of millions of Americans and the integrity of the Supreme Court."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/politics/ct-met-dick-durbin-brett-kavanaugh-20181005-story.html

“We have to think about what it would mean if Judge Kavanaugh were to be confirmed to the Supreme Court with credible sexual assault allegations against him,” Durbin said from the Senate floor on Friday. “Specifically what it would mean to the millions of women across America who were survivors of sexual assault, women who have been scared to come forward with their stories for fear they would be mocked, ridiculed, and shunned.”

View user profile
Mao and Stalin and hitler and countless tin pot dictators are really impressed.


No this is a deeply embarrassing time in American history. Not for the reasons the children are crying about, but for a disgraceful display of a political show trial in America where the assumption of innocence was abandoned, and due process became an alien concept. In the end, this is simply about having the intelligence to understand what just happened, and what will happen at mid terms. Some people cannot think at higher level conceptual thought. Yelling at a senator in the hallway who is fighting an uphill battle to win in West Virginia.......and exactly what was the long term plan for democrats winning the senate. Stupid people do not get my respect. Arrogant, perhaps, but I would suggest I have never had the patience for stupid people. This entire incident could be easily tracked with probable results, but the truth was ignored.



View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Lol... his mind is mush too. A US citizen has to be conditioned to think "You know what's far more likely?"

Over the course of a few weeks they've abandoned our once sacred presumption of innocence.


It's a job interview, not a trial, and his guilt-or-innocence isn't the only factor making him unfit, dimwit. And don't pretend you actually care about the facts -- you made up your mind to back him, the same as you make up your mind about everything -- "What'll piss off the people I think are libs? That's what I'll say! Durrrrrr!"

You call other people "conditioned" while you can't take a real stand on anything (I got a good laugh earlier watching you backpeddle your support for Kavanaugh because you figured he was gonna get confirmed and now you gotta create distance because you might actually be responsible for something -- predictable!) and don't do anything but repost links because you can't articulate opinions of your own... because then you'd have to stand by 'em. You just uncritically absorb whatever lame conspiracy theory your trainers want you to think and then you regurgitate it. You're not even a person, you're just a cheap radio re-broadcasting Sean Hannity.

Mao and Stalin and hitler and countless tin pot dictators are really impressed.

Says the neuter-job who constantly takes the side of Trump and Nazis... while not even having the balls to admit that's what he's doing.

Now run along and play with your pills, grown-ups are talking.

View user profile
Enjoy Susan Collins while you can. She's goin' buh-bye in a month.

I guess my admonition that some folks still need to read to understand the simple concepts.......like Susan Collins running for reelection in 2020......geez.....I am suffering advanced liver failure with confusion and I am highly medicated, but seriously........I read.

"What'll piss off the people I think are libs? That's what I'll say! Durrrrrr!"

Progressives and liberals support due process and equal protection of the law.....this was a mob. You will never find me not supporting the presumption of innocence, due process, fairness, and equal protection of the law. The Democrats abandoned that standard.....this was a political hit job where the end justified the means.......there was zero respect for due process.

This whole job interview simpleton mantra ignores the due process and equal protection of the law is afforded every person seeking employment in the federal government. Harris and Booker are your heroes, and they will crash the democratic party and the coronation of Trump will begin.

I go into public meetings and governmental meetings with principles and no fear that stupid people will attack me. I do not care to be popular, just correct. I seem to have done it one more time........so go right ahead and let off some steam for getting this so wrong. I hope I will be here November sixth......I will be very sad being correct then.....very sad, but there is plenty of time for democrats to get their collective act together and win the mid terms.....but that would take courage and intelligence. Trump is simply too tough for soft democrats, and the world suffers as a result.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Enjoy Susan Collins while you can.  She's goin' buh-bye in a month.

I guess my admonition that some folks still need to read to understand the simple concepts.......like Susan Collins running for reelection in 2020......geez.....I am suffering advanced liver failure with confusion and I am highly medicated, but seriously........I read.

"What'll piss off the people I think are libs? That's what I'll say! Durrrrrr!"

Progressives and liberals support due process and equal protection of the law.....this was a mob.  You will never find me not supporting the presumption of innocence, due process, fairness, and equal protection of the law.   The Democrats abandoned that standard.....this was a political hit job where the end justified the means.......there was zero respect for due process.

This whole job interview simpleton mantra ignores the due process and equal protection of the law is afforded every person seeking employment in the federal government.  Harris and Booker are your heroes, and they will crash the democratic party and the coronation of Trump will begin.  

I go into public meetings and governmental meetings with principles and no fear that stupid people will attack me.  I do not care to be popular, just correct.  I seem to have done it one more time........so go right ahead and let off some steam for getting this so wrong.   I hope I will be here November sixth......I will be very sad being correct then.....very sad, but there is plenty of time for democrats to get their collective act together and win the mid terms.....but that would take courage and intelligence.  Trump is simply too tough for soft democrats, and the world suffers as a result.


You are a total dumbass. Drumpf is not tough. Drumpf is corrupt. You don't seem to be able to understand the difference. You just supported the nominee that's going to give Drumpf a free pass, and you're actually gloating about it and calling people stupid. You're stupid, and it's obvious. This is not poker or football; this is the future of our country. How could you be so callous?!

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum