This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

the chit show continues

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 the chit show continues on 9/30/2018, 6:28 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cotton-says-feinstein-will-be-investigated-over-leaked-letter-by-kavanaugh-accuser/ar-BBNKBDq

Tom Cotton is an evil person whose ambitions for the white house have never been hidden, but I think this investigation is necessary to expose this political witch hunt, and if it is shown that they intentionally threw Dr. King under the bus, this is going to blow up in their face as America is getting wiser by the day.

View user profile

2 Re: the chit show continues on 9/30/2018, 8:46 pm

2seaoat wrote:https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cotton-says-feinstein-will-be-investigated-over-leaked-letter-by-kavanaugh-accuser/ar-BBNKBDq

Tom Cotton is an evil person whose ambitions for the white house have never been hidden, but I think this investigation is necessary to expose this political witch hunt, and if it is shown that they intentionally threw Dr. King under the bus, this is going to blow up in their face as America is getting wiser by the day.

It has become a GOP habit to deflect negative attention and try to blame someone in the opposition for some imagined wrong. They try to turn the negative energy that rightfully belongs to them on others. In this case the target is Senator Feinstein.

Personally I think Dr. Ford talked to some of her friends and reporters began snooping around and somehow unearthed her identity. They are pretty good at that sort of thing. But of course Cotton has to try to whip up the base and point fingers.

As you say, it is going to blow up in their faces because they will be picking on yet another woman. Incidentally I love the pictures I've seen on line comparing Hillary and Kavanaugh while testifying. She's so calm in them and he's hysterically threatening the committee members.

View user profile

3 Re: the chit show continues on 9/30/2018, 9:21 pm





Last edited by PkrBum on 9/30/2018, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

4 Re: the chit show continues on 9/30/2018, 9:27 pm

othershoe1030 wrote:

Personally I think ....

"... what it suits my partisan leanings to think"

(there, I fixed that sentence for you Laughing )

View user profile

5 Re: the chit show continues on 9/30/2018, 11:40 pm

I'm not partisan in the blind devotion sense of the term but I am a progressive/liberal who believes in the tenants held by those groups.

Here's a bit about at least one person who is coming forward with testimony re Brett's drinking habits while at Yale. Others have been encouraged to also contact their local FBI offices and do likewise since time is limited for this investigation. This should be an interesting week, as they all have been since 45 came to power.



By The New York Times
Sept. 30, 2018

Chad Ludington, a Yale classmate of Judge Brett M. Kavanaugh’s who said he often drank with him, issued a statement on Sunday saying the Supreme Court nominee was not truthful about his drinking in his testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee last week.

Here is the full text of the statement:

I have been contacted by numerous reporters about Brett Kavanaugh and have not wanted to say anything because I had nothing to contribute about what kind of justice he would be. I knew Brett at Yale because I was a classmate and a varsity basketball player and Brett enjoyed socializing with athletes. Indeed, athletes formed the core of Brett’s social circle.

In recent days I have become deeply troubled by what has been a blatant mischaracterization by Brett himself of his drinking at Yale. When I watched Brett and his wife being interviewed on Fox News on Monday, and when I watched Brett deliver his testimony under oath to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, I cringed. For the fact is, at Yale, and I can speak to no other times, Brett was a frequent drinker, and a heavy drinker. I know, because, especially in our first two years of college, I often drank with him. On many occasions I heard Brett slur his words and saw him staggering from alcohol consumption, not all of which was beer. When Brett got drunk, he was often belligerent and aggressive. On one of the last occasions I purposely socialized with Brett, I witnessed him respond to a semi-hostile remark, not by defusing the situation, but by throwing his beer in the man’s face and starting a fight that ended with one of our mutual friends in jail.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/30/us/politics/chad-ludington-statement-brett-kavanaugh.html

View user profile

6 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 9:21 am

Are we also going to investigate Dr Ford's drinking habits past and present?

Just wondering?

View user profile

7 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 10:01 am

Really......this has devolved to drinking habits in high school and college? You start with the proposition that a man is evil because the President nominates him for the Supreme Court, he is accused of being racist as booker breaks senate rules and has his "I am Spartacus" moment failing to note that the information had been released the night before, then we learn that a Democratic senator on the committee had information for over a month and did not share the same with the committee, but when it was shared each got on their high horse and had the nerve to suggest that Republicans were obstructing her testimony.......Dr. King did not even know that the committee was willing to take her testimony in private at a place of her choosing.....it appears the lawyers suggested by the Democratic senator who failed to disclose information in a timely matter did not even tell Dr. King of the offer. Next, it became the classic he said she said, as memories are clouded, and nobody else remembers this party, so then it became we need an fbi investigation because the month of us sitting on this which the fbi could have investigated would not have allowed the political show.....then it was the fbi investigation is rigged........then it was about the judge lying about everything...............really?

View user profile

8 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 10:18 am

MITCHELL: Understood. Senator Harris just questioned you from the Maricopa County Protocol on Sexual Assault. The… that’s the paper she was holding out. Are you aware that… and you know, I’ve — I’ve been really impressed today because you’ve talked about norepinephrine and cortisol, and what we call in the profession, basically, the neurobiological effects of trauma. Have you also educated yourself on the best way to get to memory and truth, in terms of interviewing victims of trauma?

FORD: For me interviewing victims of trauma?

MITCHELL: No, to…

FORD: Oh.

MITCHELL: The best way to do it, the best practices for interviewing victims of trauma.

FORD: No.

MITCHELL: OK. Would you believe me if I told you that there’s no study that says that this setting in five-minute increments is the best way to do that?
Bromwich says that’s fine.

MITCHELL: Thank you, Counsel.
Did you know that the best way to do it is to have a trained interviewer talk to you one-on-one in a private setting, and to let you do the talking, just let you do a narrative? Did you know that?

FORD: That makes a… a lot of sense.

MITCHELL: It does make a lot of sense, doesn’t it?

FORD: Yes.

MITCHELL: And then to follow up, obviously, to fill in the details and… and ask for clarification. Does that make sense, as well?

FORD: Yes.

MITCHELL: And…and the research is done by a lot of people in the child abuse field. Two of the more prominent ones in the sexual assault field are Geisel and Fisher, who’ve talked about it, and it’s called a cognitive interview. This is not a cognitive interview. Did anybody ever advise you from Senator Feinstein’s office, or from Representative Eshoo’s office to go
get a forensic interview?

FORD: No.

MITCHELL: Instead, you were advised to get an attorney and take a polygraph. Is that right?

FORD: Many people advised me to get an attorney. Once I had an attorney, my attorney and I discussed a … using the polygraph.

MITCHELL: And instead of submitting to an interview in California, we’re having a hearing here today in five-minute increments. Is that right?

FORD: I… I agree that’s what was agreed upon by the collegial group here.

MITCHELL: OK. Thank you. I have no further questions.

Oh, C'mon .... my daughter a Clinical Psych grad student told me she knows the Maricopa County Protocol.

Oatie ... you are correct in your characterization of this as a "chit show."

At least with the Flake/Coons agreement she will be properly interviewed regarding her claims by a trained sexual assault investigator.

View user profile

9 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 12:36 pm

Pelosi is praying for Devine intervention... so there's that going for leftists. Rolling Eyes

View user profile

10 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 1:00 pm



View user profile

11 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 2:36 pm

2seaoat wrote:Really......this has devolved to drinking habits in high school and college?  You start with the proposition that a man is evil because the President nominates him for the Supreme Court, he is accused of being racist as booker breaks senate rules and has his "I am Spartacus" moment failing to note that the information had been released the night before, then we learn that a Democratic senator on the committee had information for over a month and did not share the same with the committee, but when it was shared each got on their high horse and had the nerve to suggest that Republicans were obstructing her testimony.......Dr. King did not even know that the committee was willing to take her testimony in private at a place of her choosing.....it appears the lawyers suggested by the Democratic senator who failed to disclose information in a timely matter did not even tell Dr. King of the offer.  Next, it became the classic he said she said, as memories are clouded, and nobody else remembers this party, so then it became we need an fbi investigation because the month of us sitting on this which the fbi could have investigated would not have allowed the political show.....then it was the fbi investigation is rigged........then it was about the judge lying about everything...............really?

You should really get your facts together Oatie before you start spouting off. Ford asked Feinstein to keep her letter private. Feinstein honored that. It was never supposed to be public. Kavanuagh's classmates are calling him a liar

View user profile

12 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 2:41 pm

Who would've leaked this? What makes you think that Feinstein didn't? Why wasn't it given to the fbi 6 weeks ago instead of the press at the last minute? That could've been done while honoring her request to remain confidential.

I think we both know why... even if you won't admit it.

View user profile

13 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 2:45 pm

You should really get your facts together Oatie before you start spouting off

My facts were straight. She had every opportunity to meet with the judge as most senators did and ask him directly about any alleged assaults while being intoxicated.....she chose rather to wait until the hearing had closed. So please correct me.

I know this is hard for you.....but you can ask questions without divulging your sources. This is especially true on the one on one senate interviews.

View user profile

14 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 2:46 pm

PkrBum wrote:Pelosi is praying for Devine intervention... so there's that going for leftists. Rolling Eyes

Andy Devine?

View user profile

15 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 3:09 pm

Andy Devine?

See how contagious the hearings have become....

View user profile

16 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 3:23 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pelosi is praying for Devine intervention... so there's that going for leftists. Rolling Eyes

Andy Devine?






After Ward Bond's funeral, director John Ford slapped conservative republican Andy Devine on the shoulder and said "Congratulations, now you're the biggest asshole I know."





View user profile

17 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 3:52 pm

Floridatexan wrote:


cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

View user profile

18 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 4:24 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pelosi is praying for Devine intervention... so there's that going for leftists. Rolling Eyes

Andy Devine?


View user profile

19 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 5:22 pm

Deus X wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pelosi is praying for Devine intervention... so there's that going for leftists. Rolling Eyes

Andy Devine?



God, I was wondering if anybody else knew about that nightmarish clip. I saw it on a DVD of old 50's shows and it's haunted me ever since. Smile

View user profile

20 Re: the chit show continues on 10/1/2018, 8:15 pm

Telstar wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pelosi is praying for Devine intervention... so there's that going for leftists. Rolling Eyes

Andy Devine?






After Ward Bond's funeral, director John Ford slapped conservative republican Andy Devine on the shoulder and said "Congratulations, now you're the biggest asshole I know."

Wow, now I can go Way off subject. On our recent vacation, we went to the spy museum in DC and one of John Ford's oscars was there. He actually spied for the US during WWII.
That's about as off subject as I can get, unless I also mention that JOhn Ford directed Wings of Eagles in Pensacola in 1954 and my brother got his autograph. He told my brother (who was 11 years old) how proud he was to give his autograph because not many people asked for the director's signature.
Okay, Now I have to not like Andy Devine anymore. I'll have to remember that when I watch old movies.





View user profile

21 Re: the chit show continues on 10/2/2018, 1:56 am

bigdog wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pelosi is praying for Devine intervention... so there's that going for leftists. Rolling Eyes

Andy Devine?






After Ward Bond's funeral, director John Ford slapped conservative republican Andy Devine on the shoulder and said "Congratulations, now you're the biggest asshole I know."

Wow, now I can go Way off subject. On our recent vacation, we went to the spy museum in DC and one of John Ford's oscars was there. He actually spied for the US during WWII.
That's about as off subject as I can get, unless I also mention that JOhn Ford directed Wings of Eagles in Pensacola in 1954 and my brother got his autograph. He told my brother (who was 11 years old) how proud he was  to give his autograph because not many people asked for the director's signature.
Okay, Now I have to not like Andy Devine anymore. I'll have to remember that when I watch old movies.








You can still like Devine he was just big into the GOP. So was Ward Bond but Bond was such a prick that most of Hollywood wanted to smash his face in. Ford hired mostly republicans because like a future president he knew how easy it was to lead republicans around by the nose and treat them like shit. Don't hate Lou Costello just because he made people sign a loyalty oath. On the other hand Lou, Bud Abbott and Red Skelton had the largest collections of private porn in Hollywood. Robert Taylor and Adolph Menjou were a couple of other right wing pricks. Taylor bitching and moaning about commie Howard De Silva and Menjou squawking that the commies should be sent to Texas where they would be shot on sight.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum