This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snookered again.....too stupid to know it.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

One 'dog and pony show" to go, please.  Hold the mayo, and make it quick!

View user profile
How many fbi background checks will it take?

View user profile
I am laughing my asz off watching Sunday morning news programs as Flake has been elevated to sainthood.......just like he was with the Affordable Care Act vote, and then he voted with the Boyz. Flake has higher office ambition. The part which fits into how naive these folks have become is the idea that Flake after listening to a sexual assault victim in an elevator that he had a life changing experience........I mean if we saw this kind of acting at a poker table we would have all the chips in a short time.

Flake will vote for the confirmation of the Judge.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:
Flake will vote for the confirmation of the Judge.

But of course he will. He was always going to.

View user profile
There is another reason the GOP is in a hurry to confirm Kavanaugh.  There is a case coming before the SCOTUS dealing with a unique situation. The case is Gamble v United States speaking to the dual-sovereignty doctrine. It is felt that should this doctrine be overturned that Trump would be able to pardon those convicted of federal crimes and also prevent them from being charged for the same crimes at the state level. The story goes that of course Kavanaugh would love this sort of thing in that he is in favor of a strong and protected president.  

https://hillreporter.com/the-supreme-court-case-fueling-republicans-rush-to-confirm-brett-kavanaugh-8463

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:There is another reason the GOP is in a hurry to confirm Kavanaugh.  There is a case coming before the SCOTUS dealing with a unique situation. The case is Gamble v United States speaking to the dual-sovereignty doctrine. It is felt that should this doctrine be overturned that Trump would be able to pardon those convicted of federal crimes and also prevent them from being charged for the same crimes at the state level. The story goes that of course Kavanaugh would love this sort of thing in that he is in favor of a strong and protected president.  

https://hillreporter.com/the-supreme-court-case-fueling-republicans-rush-to-confirm-brett-kavanaugh-8463

I think it should be overturned.   Most Democrats would be on the opposite side of this case if Donald Trump were not President and this whole speculative pardon thing weren't being buzzed about.  Even the ACLU (bless their liberty loving little hearts) is for overturning it.   https://www.aclu.org/cases/gamble-v-united-states

Besides ...  in the unlikely "pardon" scenario some liberals are chicken-littleing about,  it would be a double edged sword for Republicans anyway because there will be Democrat Presidents in the future.

Republicans are in a hurry to get this nomination over with because A. As the majority party they feel they are entitled to have their nominee, and B. because of the upcoming midterms.

View user profile
EmeraldGhost wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:There is another reason the GOP is in a hurry to confirm Kavanaugh.  There is a case coming before the SCOTUS dealing with a unique situation. The case is Gamble v United States speaking to the dual-sovereignty doctrine. It is felt that should this doctrine be overturned that Trump would be able to pardon those convicted of federal crimes and also prevent them from being charged for the same crimes at the state level. The story goes that of course Kavanaugh would love this sort of thing in that he is in favor of a strong and protected president.  

I think it should be overturned.   Most Democrats would be on the opposite side of this case if Donald Trump were not President and this whole speculative pardon thing weren't being buzzed about.   Even the ACLU (bless their liberty loving little hearts) is for overturning it.   https://www.aclu.org/cases/gamble-v-united-states

Besides ...  in the unlikely "pardon" scenario some liberals are chicken-littleing about,  it would be a double edged sword for Republicans anyway (never mind guidelines and norms!) because there will be Democrat Presidents in the future.

Republicans are in a hurry to get this nomination over with because A. As the majority party they feel they are entitled to have their nominee, and B. because of the upcoming midterms.

LOL. Ah, yes, never mind the "people need to have their voices heard" or some such excuse the R's gave for never letting Merrick Garland even have a hearing much less a vote with the election at that time over a year into the future.

You bet your "I VOTED" sticker that the R's know they are going to be severely damaged in the midterms and want to take a few more shots with their loaded weapons before being thrown out on their sorry azzes.

I know the ACLU is in favor of it being overturned. In normal times that may be a good idea but these are not normal times for sure. The putz in the WH disregards any law he doesn't like anyway so it is almost a moot point but pardoning his buddies and family for both federal and state crimes MIGHT be a bridge too far even for this disgraceful bunch of kowtowing cowards.

View user profile
countdown.....10.....9....8.......7

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:countdown.....10.....9....8.......7

Blasting off somewhere? Laughing

View user profile
Susan Collins says it was a good fbi investigation.....oh oh talking heads......

View user profile
no additional corroborating information.......Jeff Flake

View user profile

View user profile

View user profile

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I am laughing my asz off

Hahaha ... so funny ... hoo boy ... we got snookered good ...

The legislature ordered an investigation, and the White House gave them a sham ...

... interviewing practically no one, one copy released, no more than a hour to review it and with absolutely no follow up, then a rushed vote ...

... the Republican congress has absolutely abdicated all morality and its Constitutional duty to a soulless tyrant embodying all the worst elements of the American condition ...

Welcome to your banana republic, dumbass.

View user profile
The only banana Republic antics were the collective conduct of the Democratic Senators and particularly Booker. Out of control political theatrics to what end? To make Democrats look even more weak and impotent.......America does get this, but somebody has convinced these MENSA candidates that this chit show was benefiting the battle against Trump. Certainly, the media talking heads get more viewership the more outrageous this chit show got. It simply was a strategic mistake which a child could have seen the trap.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:The only banana Republic antics were the collective conduct of the Democratic Senators and particularly Booker.  Out of control political theatrics to what end?  To make Democrats look even more weak and impotent.......America does get this, but somebody has convinced these MENSA candidates that this chit show was benefiting the battle against Trump.  Certainly, the media talking heads get more viewership the more outrageous this chit show got.  It simply was a strategic mistake which a child could have seen the trap.  

The Democrats orchestrated a detailed, clockwork plan to accuse Brett Kavanaugh of teenage sexual assault in order to derail his SCOTUS nomination - this is the kind of crazy ass conspiracy theory that old Republicans are eager to believe due to their perceived victimization in the culture wars (AKA loss of white male privilege).

Old man oats has partaken of the monkey brains.

View user profile
The Democrats orchestrated a detailed, clockwork plan to accuse Brett Kavanaugh of teenage sexual assault in order to derail his SCOTUS nomination - this is the kind of crazy ass conspiracy theory that old Republicans are eager to believe due to their perceived victimization in the culture wars (AKA loss of white male privilege).

Ok Ok.....I will give you the emotional discomfort of tight panties, but methinks your non monkey brain did not even understand that it was NOT the democrats who were setting the trap........but then realizing you made this mistake, I did find your imagination about conspiracy theory quite amusing.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:

I know the ACLU is in favor of it being overturned. In normal times that may be a good idea but these are not normal times for sure.

The precedent will be around long, long, after Donald Trump is gone.

Does your hatred of Donald Trump supersede everything?  Does it consume you that much?  America will survive Donald Trump, you know.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum