This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Ford's testimony a 'disaster' for GOP

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

zsomething wrote: No guy should be crying like that in public unless his mom or his dog just died. Get ahold of yourself, dude, Jesus!  


My mom would've hopped up out of her casket and bitch-slapped me senseless if I'd started crying like that at her funeral. I think she might have been okay with the dog thing, though.

View user profile
One thing is clear ... the Republicans are uncomfortable asking questions of a woman, but they have no qualms with blowing a dude.

Weird people.

View user profile
I saw bits and pieces of this show today .... I thought Ford was being quite the actress and Kavanaugh was whiny and unprofessional.

That said ... I don't care if he gets the nomination or not.

View user profile
Stephanie Ruhle tweeted:

"Here's one "DEVILS TRIANGLE" which is on Kavanaugh's yearbook page---has NOTHING to do with a drinking game. It's a lewd sex act. The judge claims its a drinking game.
    Wikipedia recently added "drinking game" to the definition--that recent edit came from House of Reps IP address"

Along those same lines his testimony today explained the FFFFfourth of July entry in the year book as being a running joke about one of his friends who routinely uses the F word and it was a reference to that guy's stuttering. That too was not explained in that way by people who were tweeting about the yearbook a couple of days ago. F them and Forget them is how the little ditty ended with a few other F words describing various sexual activities thrown in along the way. If you enter ffffourth in the Twitter search field, tweets about it will come up. It's not earth shaking but just shows him being dishonest and taking the time to think this answer up in case someone asked about it.

View user profile
Jesuit America Editors just said Kavanaugh's nomination should be withdrawn. Anyway, here's a question that is bothering me. When Kavanaugh was being asked about the names on his calendar that were at one of the parties he attended, he was asked who "Skis" was. He gave the name of one of his friends and said that boy was nicknamed Skis.
Later on, Corey Booker asked him about his calendar, and if I heard him right, he asked about the kids on the list and then said "I assume "skis" means Brewskis, as in a slang name for beer. Kavanaugh said, that's right.
Was Skis ever a friend of Kavanaugh, or was it a reference to beer being at the party? If it's the second, he obviously perjured himself. Just something that's bugging me, and I wonder if anyone else noticed it.

View user profile
EmeraldGhost wrote:I saw bits and pieces of this show today .... I thought Ford was being quite the actress and Kavanaugh was whiny and unprofessional.

That said ... I don't care if he gets the nomination or not.



If that was an act it had to be Meryl Streep in make-up. This woman has some problems left over from when she was nearly raped as a 15 year old child.

Kavanaugh's nomination should be taken back if only for his lack of judicial temperament. He looked like a crazy man out there today, not anybody I'd ever want to see on the Supreme Court.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:Lindsey Graham can stick it.  I don't know where that guy's spine was spirited off to, anyway.  He was standing up to Trump for a while, but Trump apparently has something on that little peezle, and now he's a lap-dog.  

Didn't you hear? Graham is auditioning for U.S. Attorney General.

In any event, I certainly agree that he can stick it. His performance was hideously shameful. Just like Kavanaugh, he lost it. Wonderful quality in judges and senators. Pfffft.

View user profile
Sal wrote:Shouty one minute, ... weepy the next.

This dude paints a pretty spot on portrait of an alcoholic.


 Mad  Sad  drunken  Mad  Sad  drunken


Wow, Sal, you may've pegged it.  Another clue, as I just realized:   He asked two of the questioning Dem senators whether or not they don't also like to drink.  (He later apologized to one, but not the other.) That really rings a bell with me now, because, as I'm recalling, at least two alcoholics I've known up close have tried to ascertain very early on in the acquaintance (by seemingly subtle questioning, or so they obviously thought) whether or not I liked alcohol, and what kind. Asked me more than once, making me (a non-drinker) rather uncomfortable.  Misery loves company (or reinforcement) I guess -- and hey were clearly trying to decide whether or not to cultivate a friendship, based solely on whether or not I'd be at least an enabler, if not a participant.

It was almost as if Kav couldn't help himself, asking such an unseemly question in response to questions about his own alcohol use.



Last edited by RealLindaL on 9/28/2018, 2:27 am; edited 3 times in total

View user profile
bigdog wrote:Jesuit America Editors just said Kavanaugh's nomination should be withdrawn. Anyway, here's a question that is bothering me. When Kavanaugh was being asked about the names on his calendar that were at one of the parties he attended, he was asked who "Skis" was.  He gave the name of one of his friends and said that boy was nicknamed Skis.
Later on, Corey Booker asked him about his calendar, and if I heard him right, he asked about the kids on the list and then said "I assume "skis" means Brewskis, as in a slang name for beer. Kavanaugh said, that's right.
Was Skis ever a friend of Kavanaugh, or was it a reference to beer being at the party? If it's the second, he obviously perjured himself. Just something that's bugging me, and I wonder if anyone else noticed it.

Well, I didn't. but I hope some judiciary committee members did.

View user profile
Sal wrote:One thing is clear ... the Republicans are uncomfortable asking questions of a woman, but they have no qualms with blowing a dude.

Weird people.

Dunno if you were serious here or what "blowing" means in this context (call me dense), but I did find it mildly interesting that, after first saying their "female" Arizona prosecutor was going to question Kavanaugh in the afternoon just as she'd questioned Ford in the morning, they scrambled during a break and decided to ditch the even-handed, fair-minded prosecutor and speak for themselves when it was Kavanaugh's turn -- whereupon Graham got on his screaming high horse and started berating the Dems, and things went downhill from there.

Between Graham's histrionics and Kavanaugh's Clinton conspiracy theories, the whole Kavanaugh "interview" was a Republican horror show of the lowest order -- and after watching, I would certainly not want to be a Democratic attorney (such as from the ACLU) pleading my case before Kavanaugh, EVER.

He's now damaged goods (with only himself to blame), and needs to be gone.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:One thing is clear ... the Republicans are uncomfortable asking questions of a woman, but they have no qualms with blowing a dude.

Weird people.

Dunno if you were serious here or what "blowing" means in this context (call me dense), but I did find it mildly interesting that, after first saying their "female" Arizona prosecutor was going to question Kavanaugh in the afternoon just as she'd questioned Ford in the morning, they scrambled during a break and decided to ditch the even-handed, fair-minded prosecutor and speak for themselves when it was Kavanaugh's turn -- whereupon Graham got on his screaming high horse and started berating the Dems, and things went downhill from there.

Between Graham's histrionics and Kavanaugh's Clinton conspiracy theories, the whole Kavanaugh "interview" was a Republican horror show of the lowest order -- and after watching, I would certainly not want to be a Democratic attorney (such as from the ACLU) pleading my case before Kavanaugh, EVER.

He's now damaged goods (with only himself to blame), and needs to be gone.

Do the math. He's going to get recommended by the committee and, after Corker said he's going to support him and it's looking like Manchin might too, how's the Senate vote gonna turn out? Not good, is my guess.

View user profile
bigdog wrote:

If that was an act it had to be Meryl Streep in make-up. This woman has some problems left over from when she was nearly raped as a 15 year old child.

I disagree with you on that.

bigdog wrote:
Kavanaugh's nomination should be taken back if only for his lack of judicial temperament. He looked like a crazy man out there today, not anybody I'd ever want to see on the Supreme Court.

I agree with you on that, and personally I was quite surprised by his performance (this being the first time I've ever actually heard the man speak)

I've been challenged on the stand many many times over the course of my former career.  By very aggressive defense attorneys sometimes.  Probable cause hearings, suppression hearings, depositions, trial testimony, you name it.  You have to be smart, calm and composed, and answer the freaking questions ... even when they are obviously 'gotcha' questions. Kavanaugh was none of those.  He was openly petulant, angry, contemptuous,  ... entitled even.   I think Barney Fife would have handled himself better.

Perhaps Kavanaugh was coached by political advisers to play "the victim" on the stand to offset Ford's testimony?   If so, he's not a very good actor.  Not nearly as good as she, anyway.



Last edited by EmeraldGhost on 9/28/2018, 8:51 am; edited 3 times in total

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:

Didn't you hear?   Graham is auditioning for U.S. Attorney General.

In any event, I certainly agree that he can stick it.   His performance was hideously shameful.   Just like Kavanaugh, he lost it.  Wonderful quality in judges and senators.   Pfffft.

Yep, that's probably it. I'm betting he's going to end up humiliated, though. Trump doesn't forget when people slight him, and he likes to string them along with offers, just to withdraw them at the last minute. There's hardly any former foes Trump hasn't screwed over -- Romney, Christie, etc. He's just making Lindsey play nice, and then he'll screw him over and laugh, too. Trump likes Kavanaugh because he's got that same sadistic mentality -- humiliating somebody and then laughing about it.

But, Graham will deserve getting laughed at. He's making a fool of himself. He'd dug up a little honor, and then he blew it. Like Rick Wilson's book says, "Everything Trump Touches Dies."

View user profile


Look at the expressions on the women's faces in that pic ...

... and, several of them are his family members.

I believe he will be confirmed ...

... and, I believe the Repubes are going to get slaughtered in November.

View user profile
Sal wrote:

Look at the expressions on the women's faces in that pic ...

... and, several of them are his family members.

I believe he will be confirmed ...

... and, I believe the Repubes are going to get slaughtered in November.




From your lips. You know what they say about women being scorned but the GOP are openly treating women like doormats. If they don't fight for their own self respect they should think about their daughters. If they push him through NO republican should ever expect a woman to vote for them again.

View user profile
The hearing testimony by Kavanaugh was disturbing in many ways. He was unhinged and irrational claiming a left-wing conspiracy, revenge for the 2016 election etc. He also lied about the meaning of comments made in his high school yearbook. Anyone with an Internet connection can put Devil's Triangle and fffffourth of july in a search engine and find the true definitions of those terms. He flatly came forward with his premeditated definitions claiming alternate meanings to those terms. He claimed the devil's triangle was a drinking game and that the ffff entry referred to a friend of his who used the F word frequently and stuttered before saying it. As the students from MSD high school would say: we call bs.

The point is, of course, not his yearbook but his lying under oath.

Senator Leahy is making a great statement at the moment on TV and has pointed out his lying and lack of judicial temperament among many other things.

Kavanaugh's name will come out of committee but I'm hoping that with public outcry and street demonstrations between today and the vote (tomorrow???) that enough senators will vote NO to keep this dangerous man off of the court.

If you agree with this please take the time to email and call your senators, as I have and let them know your concerns.



Last edited by othershoe1030 on 9/28/2018, 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding last sentence)

View user profile
No new facts. In fact... no facts at all. Gnashing of teeth doesn't change that.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:The hearing testimony by Kavanaugh was disturbing in many ways. He was unhinged and irrational claiming a left-wing conspiracy, revenge for the 2016 election etc. He also lied about the meaning of comments made in his high school yearbook. Anyone with an Internet connection can put Devil's Triangle and fffffourth of july in a search engine and find the true definitions of those terms. He flatly came forward with his premeditated definitions claiming alternate meanings to those terms. He claimed the devil's triangle was a drinking game and that the ffff entry referred to a friend of his who used the F word frequently and stuttered before saying it. As the students from MSD high school would say: we call bs.

The point is, of course, not his yearbook but his lying under oath.

Senator Leahy is making a great statement at the moment on TV and has pointed out his lying and lack of judicial temperament among many other things.

Kavanaugh's name will come out of committee but I'm hoping that with public outcry and street demonstrations between today and the vote (tomorrow???) that enough senators will vote NO to keep this dangerous man off of the court.

If you agree with this please take the time to email and call your senators, as I have and let them know your concerns.







View user profile
PkrBum wrote:No new facts. In fact... no facts at all. Gnashing of teeth doesn't change that.

He lied.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:
PkrBum wrote:No new facts. In fact... no facts at all. Gnashing of teeth doesn't change that.

He lied.

In plain terms, for all his spleen and outrage, Judge Kavanaugh lies about everything. In his earlier hearings, he lied about his judicial philosophy, and he lied about his days as a Republican operative, both in and out of the White House. On Monday, he lied to Martha McCallum of Fox News. On Thursday, he lied about his entire adolescence and his college days.

He lied even when he didn't have to lie. He lied in preposterous ways easily disproven by common sense. (The "Devil's Triangle"? "Renate Alumnius"?) He lied like a toddler, like a guilty adolescent, and like a privileged scion of the white ruling class, which is a continuum with which we all are far too familiar. He lied and he dared the Democratic members of the committee, and the country, to call him on his lies. And now, he is a couple of easy steps away from having lied his way into a lifetime seat on the United States Supreme Court. This guy is going to be deciding constitutional issues for the next four decades, and the truth is not in him.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a23511160/brett-kavanaugh-lies-about-everything/

This nation is entering very dangerous times.

We are drifting further and further from representative government.

View user profile
Yes... it's certainly a dangerous time when now the leftists are forfeiting our presumption of innocence.

Our bill of rights are under assault slowly but surely. Thank you for your cooperation comrades.

View user profile

View user profile
Sal wrote:This guy is going to be deciding constitutional issues for the next four decades, and the truth is not in him.

Frighteningly and very evidently the case. Add to that his unmasked, paranoid and vitriolic hatred for Democrats and it's a recipe for judicial disaster in this nation.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
Sal wrote:This guy is going to be deciding constitutional issues for the next four decades, and the truth is not in him.

Frighteningly and very evidently the case.  Add to that his unmasked, paranoid and vitriolic hatred for Democrats and it's a recipe for judicial disaster in this nation.




He's lucky if they allow him to be a judge on America's Got Talent, forget SCOTUS.

View user profile





"Judge Kavanaugh, I listened to you talk of your life being ruined. It is not. I listened to you turn yourself into a victim. You are not. What today showed is that you clearly are a partisan and do not have the temperament for the court. Even worse, you are just a bad person." Fred Guttenberg

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum