Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fed sees three more years of growth....so what is the Plan to beat Trump?

+2
Deus X
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/fed-raises-rates-sees-at-least-3-more-years-of-economic-growth/ar-AAAGmST?li=BBnb7Kz

If the plan is this chit show, adios.

Deus X

Deus X

bigdog

Seaoat, you still miss the point that this is not the normal presidency. Donald Trump will not win or lose because of the economy. I haven't heard a single one of my friends, Republican or Democrat, talk about the economy. When they do, it's just to admit that it actually probably started with Obama. Nobody is happy with Trump's tariffs-even the average American knows prices have to go up if tariffs are imposed. Nobody is talking about getting any huge tax cuts, because most people didn't get really get much of a tax cut.
Even if they did, it isn't about the economy. It's 100% about whether you like Donald Trump or you hate his guts. I don't think there's anybody in the middle anymore.
And the fact of life is, only about 30% of Americans like him at all. That's a long way from a majority, even considering those who don't vote.

He didn't win the people's vote the first time around. That's a fact Seaoat. BTW, there's now a fourth woman with an accusation against Kavanaugh. Let's see how many show up. How many did Cosby have?

2seaoat

He didn't win the people's vote the first time around. That's a fact Seaoat.

You share the this fuzzy headed world where "win" does not mean win. Trump was elected president. He won. He got to nominate his first jurist, and now his second, but when he nominates his fourth jurist, you might finally understand the importance of precision when using the word "win". Winning is not putting on street political theater in the senate, it is what most people would call losing.

bigdog

My point is, Mr Oats, that the majority of voters did not want him in office 2 years ago, and they still do not want him in office today. Those same voters who came out last election will show up this election, plus more young people and minorities. In the primaries alone, the Dems had a 75% larger turn out than they did in the 2016 primaries. We are VERY INTERESTED in this election oats. The dems who didn't show up last election were looking at polls and knew Hillary would win without them. They now know better. And they know that it's going to take a change in Congress to take his power away. If you think Democrats aren't fired up, I suggest you do some polling and find out. Call your local Democratic HQ and see what kind of reactions they are getting from canvassing and phone banking. I hope your heart is able to take the shock Seaoat, because you evidently don't know the power of voters with pure hatred in their hearts. And that's what we have for mushroom head in the White House. It isn't just me Oats, it's over half of America.

bigdog

And by the way. You still have not answered that question about relevancy. You claim nothing that happened 35 years ago is relevant in our judicial system. What about Bill Cosby, Mr Oats. Why don't you ask him if what he did 45 years ago is relevant to his life today?

After you do that, go find an average american and ask him what the feds rates are doing right now. Good luck with getting an answer.

2seaoat

It isn't just me Oats, it's over half of America.

Nothing would make me happier if you were right. I think you are simply wrong. I need to see a win, not more hubris on what a dumb asz Trump is.....He got laughed out of the UN with his clown routine, but they do not laugh at Trump at his rallies......they laugh at democrats who give them all the fodder they need to win in 2020. I am rarely wrong. Not like my positions on this have been popular, but independent thought in this world of sheep is not changing much.....would I be happy with a huge blue wave....you bet I would, but that can only happen with higher level strategy and chess players.....this chit storm is pure checkers as was Hillary campaigning in AZ and GA.......while ignoring Wisconsin who had just defeated the recall attempt by democrats to dump Walker.....the devil is in the detail, and the details cannot be seen in this hysteria.

bigdog

I actually think the value of visiting a place personally is overrated during a campaign for president. I don't think anyone underestimated anything in Wisconsin and Michigan except for the amount of racism in those states. This election gave them a candidate they could be enthusiastic about and they all showed up. Democrats were thinking Hillary would win without their votes, so they didn't show up.
They've figured it out now. Had Trump turned to the center after his election and become any kind of decent human being at all, they may not have learned the lesson. But I firmly believe that this country has had enough of him and his remaining group of snaggle toothed, tattooed, t shirt and overall wearing fat white slobs that follow him around, making pitiful sounds that only vaguely resemble speech when someone puts a microphone in front of their faces.

It's going to happen in November. The Republican numbers are down and are not getting higher, because Trump's act has gotten too old for anyone with half a brain to listen to anymore. He is no longer interesting. I could write his tweets for him the night before he writes them. His limited brain is only capable of thinking of one subject, himself. He really doesn't give a damn about helping Congressmen get elected.

2seaoat

I don't think anyone underestimated anything in Wisconsin and Michigan except for the amount of racism in those states.

Maybe, but it was folks who voted for Obama who abandoned Hillary who were mostly blue collar white voters. I can never argue about racism in those states, but when Obama or Clinton do not visit, it sends a message........arrogance.

RealLindaL

Bigdog, thank you in spades for your thoughtful, studied posts on this thread. You give me hope -- a much needed commodity these days.

2seaoat

He really doesn't give a damn about helping Congressmen get elected.

We agree on that, but most in Congress will use Trump or avoid Trump in proportionate to what the polls indicate. The governor in Illinois has avoided even being present when Trump visits the State of Illinois. He is toast, because with his actions he has alienated just enough of the hard core right wing who ran a primary candidate against him......so in this instance Trump is the kiss of death.

However, people are working and the economy is churning, and this BS is not going to fly......arrogance on steroids.

Telstar

Telstar

It's the economy stupid but not when the guy in our house is Lucifer.

Fed sees three more years of growth....so what is the Plan to beat Trump? Trumpd10

zsomething

Well, I gotta admit the campaign video announcing the theme for "Trump 2020" is pretty compelling stuff...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum