Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jimmy Butler Requests Trade

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 9/20/2018, 9:43 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24733577/jimmy-butler-minnesota-timberwolves-seeking-trade-brooklyn-nets-la-clippers-new-york-knicks

2Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 9/20/2018, 11:18 am

2seaoat

I will follow him regardless of team. He is my favorite player in the NBA. I like defense. I like his character. It would be no fun being his teammate. He is all work and sacrifice. So many of the NBA are second generation silver spooners which for the most part they are hard workers, but wiggins and townes are not willing to put the work in to improve their defense. Defense wins. He had no use for Foreman, Paxton, and Fred Hoiberg who are the dumbest people in NBA basketball so after dealing with those liars, Butler is not going to listen to promises about things changing. They will not. I am a big Thibs fan, but he bears some of the responsibility. When Butler went down with knee issues the team hardly were 500, yet he returns and almost single handed defeated a very good Denver team to make the playoffs. In the playoffs Wiggins and Townes were MIA. They could be a very good team if everybody was working hard.....but how do you tell a person who grew up with an NBA dad and is making twenty plus million a year that they have to work harder.......Butler at 13 was by himself and earned everything in his life. He has the deep respect of all in the NBA family as to his work ethic.

3Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 9/20/2018, 11:30 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

I've become a fan too after listening to your praises. He would be my second pick if i were starting a team.

4Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 9/22/2018, 9:57 am

2seaoat

I think it is going to get ugly in Timberwolves territory. Butler knows that it is going to be very difficult to make the playoffs in the West. The Lakers, Dallas, and Phoenix have gotten better. NO is the only playoff team which may have lost assets, but with a super star they will beat the timberwolves. Wiggins and Towns are worthless. They will NEVER make the playoffs without Butler, but I fear that this will damage the Butler brand.......but he is such a good role model it will only be temporary.

5Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 9/26/2018, 4:29 pm

2seaoat

It would be great if Miami got Butler. He needs some love from a GM as he has been used and abused by all to date. The Timberwolves will not even be close to making the playoffs unless Rose regains his prowess. The Heat will be top four in the East with Butler, and he makes the all star team and gives a run at the east championship.....which is still very weak despite the blossoming younger players. I cannot wait to the start of the season as I am hooked on NBA basketball.

6Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 9/29/2018, 6:14 pm

2seaoat

Thibs is screwing Jimmy. He actually thinks he can manipulate him to play with Wiggins and Towns. I just want to see what the wolves do without Butler....They will not make the playoffs, and all thibs wants is butler churning and burning wins to get in the playoffs........but the truth is he knows that the owner has given him two players who do not play very good defense.

I am intrigued with Houston because I think their weakness has been defense. However, Miami would be a much better choice for just next year, and then going where he wants in free agency, but thibs is really duplicating the betrayal of Paxton and Foreman when they lied to him when he was with the bulls.

7Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/6/2018, 4:01 pm

2seaoat

Three teams are in the hunt......Clippers, Heat, and Wizards.

Butler does not want to go to Baltimore......that is where a piszed Thibs might send him.

8Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/9/2018, 5:51 pm

2seaoat

Thibs is being a dick. He needs Butler until the end of the trading deadline to get enough wins to make the playoffs, which he apparently does not believe he can win with his two super stars who disappeared at playoff time. His job is on the line.

9Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/18/2018, 7:44 am

2seaoat

Butler played his heart out as usual, but as usual Towns did not show up and the Spurs beat the Timberwolves.......The quality of the NBA product is amazing. I am watching a minimum of six games a week. I have never watched any sport that much in my life. The talent keeps getting better. I am happy NO with Davis is doing well. There are two exbulls in Moore and Niko who are just kicking butt. If Butler got to that team in trade, they could go deep in the playoffs. If I was the timberwolves I would trade Towns.

10Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/18/2018, 12:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thunder, without Westbrook, against the Warriors was a close game. I was expecting a runaway game.

Celtics will be a team to watch.

11Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/18/2018, 2:44 pm

2seaoat

Butler can bring a championship to Houston. How they get it done will be interesting, but Houston looked terrible with nobody playing defense. The idea that the lakers are a lock for the playoffs.....they probably will not make it.......that will become evident with two more games against Western Competition.......the lakers have nothing. I want Jimmy in Houston.

12Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/26/2018, 8:01 am

2seaoat

It is huge. Jimmy to Houston for four first round wow.

13Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/30/2018, 3:54 am

2seaoat

Butler lit up the Lakers for 33 as Thibs may have this right keeping Butler. He is top ten player in the NBA based on his defense. It is amazing when you see his stats on defense. He leads the league in steals and he is guarding the best player on every team. Houston could win it all with Butler.

14Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/30/2018, 10:17 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Butler looked good last night. Proud of Klay Thompson for breaking NBA record... 14- 3 pointers before the end of the 3rd quarter.

Well it looks like the Cavs figured out Tyrone Lu can not coach!!!

15Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 10/30/2018, 10:51 am

2seaoat

Well it looks like the Cavs figured out Tyrone Lu can not coach!!!

Certainly not at the head coach level. His temperment is better suited as an assistant. He had a tough time the last three years.

16Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 11/10/2018, 2:56 pm

2seaoat

Finally! Butler to Philly which was the best location for him career wise. He will take Philly to the Eastern Conference finals this year, and Philly is a defensive team.....Butler is going to love having a big man who actually is not soft and can play defense. Butler's shot efficiency will make Philly the team to beat.

17Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 11/10/2018, 2:59 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Finally!  Butler to Philly which was the best location for him career wise.  He will take Philly to the Eastern Conference finals this year, and Philly is a defensive team.....Butler is going to love having a big man who actually is not soft and can play defense.  Butler's shot efficiency will make Philly the team to beat.

Nice!

18Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 11/10/2018, 3:08 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Just saw this too and came to post... lol.

https://deadspin.com/report-jimmy-butler-has-escaped-minnesota-and-is-heade-1830359120/amp

19Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 11/18/2018, 6:02 pm

2seaoat

Butler is starting to get the national attention he has deserved. He blocks the ball and steals it, proceeds to go down and knock down a game winning three......Philly is in play.

20Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 11/18/2018, 6:21 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Good

21Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 11/26/2018, 8:12 am

2seaoat

He just won another game at the buzzer. He is getting the national media attention he has deserved. I love it when hard working people are rewarded. Defense wins.

22Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 12/7/2018, 10:55 pm

2seaoat

I am joyful with the attention Butler is getting since the trade. The kid and his work ethic is what makes me proudest when watching him play. I saw Thibs train him and work his tail off, and then he worked......worked some more....always taking on the best player on the other team, but he has become the most efficient fourth quarter player in the NBA......The Philly team is jelling around him and the young players are getting a swagger.

The worst part of the media attacks on butler were that he was a bad team mate, but the wolves are playing great defensive basketball after jimmy pushing them for a year. This guy has something which is contagious.

23Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 12/9/2018, 7:01 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Embid is an idiot. The team starts really clicking and he throws a wrench into it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25481105/joel-embiid-philadelphia-76ers-frustrated-role-jimmy-butler-trade

24Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 12/10/2018, 2:45 am

2seaoat

He is a very intelligent young player who was a top five candidate for MVP, yet this new guy has won four games almost single handed. Jimmy's comeback was simple....we will work it out.

25Jimmy Butler Requests Trade Empty Re: Jimmy Butler Requests Trade 1/5/2019, 6:27 pm

2seaoat

the media has successfully turned Jimmy into a bad guy......all star voting disaster.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum