Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you Staunchly believe the earth is 6000 years old, then forget about being a doctor, an engineer, a scientist ...

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I hired this high school boy to work in my yard and learned from him he and his family were dedicated "born again" Christians.  "You believe then," I asked, "that the earth is 6,000 years old?"  

He nodded enthusiastically.  I let him go on with his work.  But I thought about him.  He wants to go to college.  If so, how will he deal with pursuing a trade or profession rooted in any of the sciences, virtually all of which claim the earth is a few billion years old?  

Does he pretend to "go along" with what the courses claim is true?  Or does he turn away and give-up on becoming a doctor, or a scientist or taking up any profession based on a modern science -- like a geologist, a paleontologist, archaeologist, etc?

How dreadful for that poor kid!  Oh well, we need such folk to fix our cars, plumbing and so forth.  

Faith, it occurs to me, depends entirely on what one wants to believe is true, without dealing with any facts or evidence.

Sooner or later every Jesus freak has to deal with the fact most people think he or she's crazy as hell.  

No wonder Christianity is losing audiences.  

polecat

polecat

My favorite Bible story is probably the one where Jesus says that the deaths of thousands of disaster victims is all a plot to make him look bad and then jets off for a long weekend of golf at Galilee-a-Lago - Jeff Tiedrich

If you Staunchly believe the earth is 6000 years old, then forget about being a doctor, an engineer, a scientist ... Dnfcoo11

If you Staunchly believe the earth is 6000 years old, then forget about being a doctor, an engineer, a scientist ... Dm7jhk10
look it's republican Jesus and he brought us his Bounty

RealLindaL

His Bounty???!! TOO funny, pole. Spreading that one around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum