This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dog allergy......hippa filter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Dog allergy......hippa filter on 9/13/2018, 5:38 pm

The two days in the quad cities just made us aware that we have a problem at home. My wife has fought sinus infections and drainage for the last five years. Wilma my bucket list puppy just turned five and she sleeps on my wife's king size bed where I normally sleep before I went full time recliner. Well it is pretty obvious that she is allergic to the dog. So we are going to get the air filter as the hotel room had one that was great. It almost feels like you are breathing straight O2. If the drainage persists, we have agreed to relocate her to a bed on the floor before I pass. This will cut down on her changes she will be facing and not letting her on the bed is going to be seen as punishment. The first year she slept on the floor in her bed, but the last four years she is snuggling up right next to my wife and she is very protective. Hopefully the filter will not require the dog being kicked off the bed, but we never let a dog sleep in our bed for forty years and the sinus problems are really a quality of life issue with the wife now......something has to improve for her health.

Does anybody use these filters?

View user profile

2 Re: Dog allergy......hippa filter on 9/13/2018, 6:40 pm

Straight o2 would kill you. I've tripled my buy in so far. Nobody believes me... lol.

View user profile

3 Re: Dog allergy......hippa filter on 9/15/2018, 4:48 pm

PkrBum wrote:Straight o2 would kill you. I've tripled my buy in so far. Nobody believes me... lol.

Nobody cares.

View user profile

4 Re: Dog allergy......hippa filter on 9/15/2018, 4:57 pm

2seaoat wrote:The two days in the quad cities just made us aware that we have a problem at home.  My wife has fought sinus infections and drainage for the last five years.  Wilma my bucket list puppy just turned five and she sleeps on my wife's king size bed where I normally sleep before I went full time recliner.   Well it is pretty obvious that she is allergic to the dog.  So we are going to get the air filter as the hotel room had one that was great.  It almost feels like you are breathing straight O2.  If the drainage persists, we have agreed to relocate her to a bed on the floor before I pass.  This will cut down on her changes she will be facing and not letting her on the bed is going to be seen as punishment.  The first year she slept on the floor in her bed, but the last four years she is snuggling up right next to my wife and she is very protective.  Hopefully the filter will not require the dog being kicked off the bed, but we never let a dog sleep in our bed for forty years and the sinus problems are really a quality of life issue with the wife now......something has to improve for her health.

Does anybody use these filters?

You mean HEPA, and they do a good job of filtering the air, but they should be cleaned regularly. Your wife is probably allergic to animal dander. It's also one of the times of year that hay fever type allergies increase; these problems tend to work in tandem (meaning that the dander allergy is exacerbated by the other allergies). The filter will help but the dog needs to stay out of the bed...and believe me I've been guilty of this.

View user profile

5 Re: Dog allergy......hippa filter on 9/15/2018, 5:47 pm

It is like a light switch. Her sinus problems have stopped. All the literature said try an allergy pill after installing the filter and damn.......she is clear. Everything smells fresh and crisp, and it appears the dog has a reprieve.

View user profile

6 Re: Dog allergy......hippa filter on 9/15/2018, 9:00 pm

2seaoat wrote:It is like a light switch.  Her sinus problems have stopped.  All the literature said try an allergy pill after installing the filter and damn.......she is clear.  Everything smells fresh and crisp, and it appears the dog has a reprieve.

I forgot to mention that I keep Benadryl on hand. I don't take it often, but it really helps when allergy season hits...and you need it for wasp stings, like the one that got me a couple of months ago. I'm glad she's better.

View user profile

7 Re: Dog allergy......hippa filter on 9/16/2018, 12:19 pm

A big wow. These filters really work. She is doing much better. cheers

View user profile

8 Re: Dog allergy......hippa filter on 9/16/2018, 12:33 pm

cheers Glad she is better.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum