Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

finalizing the obituary, memorial plans, and graveside service

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

We will be using a community building for my memorial service where I had coached kids. We will have three tables set up which will have a TV on each table. It will start with Emerson lake and Palmer in the beginning as the powerpoint will show my young days in my parents home through high school. The second table will be my time raising my family and will feature the music of the who in the prelude to Tommy with photos of the wife and kids doing fun things. The final table will celebrate the islands and will feature the entire album of bare trees by fleetwood Mac. There will be food and drink, no alcohol which my daughter wants to hold it elsewhere so people can drink, but I have put my foot down.....they can go drinking afterwards.

Once I am ashes my wife wants to have a graveside spreading of my ashes on the Islands and we have a friend who was a minister in the Navy who will say some final words and we will spread the ashes.......pretend ashes. We will spread actual ashes later, so as not to get in trouble with some government person telling us that spreading ashes is forbidden........

I rewrote my obituary as it is pretty simple. I just felt a great sense of relief because not everybody is onboard with my plans, but I have no use for funeral homes and the business of death.......my daughter wants a more traditional funeral.......I think we finally have this settled, because the community center is where I wanted this.....not some place where every time you go there is sadness. I have been blessed with the time to have life reflections and to that end I will forever grateful for this extra time.

2seaoat

2seaoat

2seaoat

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat

I will get this to loop on the second TV with the Tommy Overture......

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Community center sounds great

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum